• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:55
CEST 17:55
KST 00:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror SC4ALL II: Brood War Player Announcement 4/4 Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9440 users

PURGE 2008: A month of posting behaviour evaluated - Page 22

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 30 Next All
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
July 08 2008 18:29 GMT
#421
i rate myself a 10
bluemanrocks
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States304 Posts
July 08 2008 18:49 GMT
#422
6.0221415 × 10^23
I AM THE THIRD GATE GUARDIAN
ArvickHero
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
10387 Posts
July 09 2008 02:56 GMT
#423
I try to think over my posts and I like them to count, so I don't post very often. I post here and there, not the greatest things, but I try to be helpful and not write junk if I can. I have made a topic in the BW section requesting UMS maps and I thought it sounded good and earnest, but it seemed like noone had an interest in answering my request :\ UMS maps are a no in TL?

I don't believe I have insulted anyone, since I wouldn't have a reason to anyways.

Judging ppl by their post count is retarded imo, kinda like bringing up karma back when I was active in GFAQs. Plus, I have a low post count myself so it would be idiotic of me to judge.

I read through my posts to see if I can tweak it to sound better. I don't want to sound stupid ^^

So I've followed the rules, but I haven't truly made any real contributions. Really, I am more of a lurker and I enjoy reading the threads that are posted here and occasionally inserting my input. It's also a definite plus to be able to post while watching a live game, really adds to the experience. I'm not sure what I would give myself, because I don't trust myself with ratings, but maybe atleast a 6? Heh, well I guess you can make the judgment if you like.
Writerptrk
brian
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States9643 Posts
July 09 2008 03:26 GMT
#424
there is definitely not enough bans being handed out for this "purge."

weeaaak. this is no purge.
XCetron
Profile Joined November 2006
5226 Posts
July 09 2008 03:29 GMT
#425
watch out, gene. Dont become a statistic.
SpaCe)Ment-rA
Profile Joined November 2005
Canada389 Posts
July 09 2008 03:35 GMT
#426
He is right on one point. The word purge created enormous expectations. That word reminds us of Stalin's Great Purge which can be summarized in deportations, persecution, imprisonment and killings. Roughly between 700 000 and 2 000 000 deaths.

And you call that TL.net pleasure cruise a PURGE?. Come on!



- ThE_AdvoCaTe
In the moonlight, dancing madly backwards
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
July 09 2008 03:43 GMT
#427
On July 09 2008 12:26 Gene wrote:
there is definitely not enough bans being handed out for this "purge."

weeaaak. this is no purge.


second

seconded hard
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
brian
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States9643 Posts
July 09 2008 03:49 GMT
#428
srsly
just give haji and rek their mod powers back, and each a bottle of alcohol, this place will get the proper purge feeling right quick.


fusionsdf why are you never on irc anymore?
XCetron
Profile Joined November 2006
5226 Posts
July 09 2008 03:54 GMT
#429
I too share the similar viewpoint of the previous posters in that the Purge is somewhat lenient, although this does not make it a bad thing. Banning for low qualities post alone would be a bit much since not everyone can deliver something equivalent of Plexa's amazing threads. However, everyone really should look to increase the quality of their posts since we will all benefit from this.
Warrior Madness
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada3791 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-09 04:00:39
July 09 2008 03:54 GMT
#430
5: Silly one liners and a helpful NON-starcraft related post once in a while. Weak!

ETA: And for not reading previous posts!
On July 07 2008 16:36 Manifesto7 wrote:
This thread is basically the biggest ban trap ever created.

The Past: Yellow, Julyzerg, Chojja, Savior, GGplay -- The Present: Luxury, Jae- The Future: -Dong, maGma, Zero, Effort, Hoejja, hyvaa, by.hero, calm, Action ---> SC2 (Ret?? Kolll Idra!! SEN, Cool, ZergBong, Leenock)
SpaCe)Ment-rA
Profile Joined November 2005
Canada389 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-09 03:57:01
July 09 2008 03:54 GMT
#431
On July 09 2008 12:49 Gene wrote:
srsly
just give haji and rek their mod powers back, and each a bottle of alcohol, this place will get the proper purge feeling right quick.



Alcohol may annihilate their capacity of objectiveness. I disagree.
In the moonlight, dancing madly backwards
XCetron
Profile Joined November 2006
5226 Posts
July 09 2008 03:58 GMT
#432
On July 09 2008 12:54 SpaCe)Ment-rA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2008 12:49 Gene wrote:
srsly
just give haji and rek their mod powers back, and each a bottle of alcohol, this place will get the proper purge feeling right quick.



Alcohol may annihilate their capacity of objectiveness. I disagree.



I concur, however the fatalities of some of the posters is something we all want.
SpaCe)Ment-rA
Profile Joined November 2005
Canada389 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-09 04:01:13
July 09 2008 04:00 GMT
#433
On July 09 2008 12:58 XCetron wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2008 12:54 SpaCe)Ment-rA wrote:
On July 09 2008 12:49 Gene wrote:
srsly
just give haji and rek their mod powers back, and each a bottle of alcohol, this place will get the proper purge feeling right quick.



Alcohol may annihilate their capacity of objectiveness. I disagree.



I concur, however the fatalities of some of the posters is something we all want.


This is not the matter that I am discussing. Without any objectiveness, they could ban people that totally do not deserve to be banned, whether by grudge or just incapacity to show sense of judgement.
In the moonlight, dancing madly backwards
UmmTheHobo
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States650 Posts
July 09 2008 04:04 GMT
#434
On July 09 2008 13:00 SpaCe)Ment-rA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2008 12:58 XCetron wrote:
On July 09 2008 12:54 SpaCe)Ment-rA wrote:
On July 09 2008 12:49 Gene wrote:
srsly
just give haji and rek their mod powers back, and each a bottle of alcohol, this place will get the proper purge feeling right quick.



Alcohol may annihilate their capacity of objectiveness. I disagree.



I concur, however the fatalities of some of the posters is something we all want.


This is not the matter that I am discussing. Without any objectiveness, they could ban people that totally do not deserve to be banned, whether by grudge or just incapacity to show sense of judgement.


I doubt if they were that drunk they would be like "HEY LETS GO ON TEAMLIQUID AND BAN PEOPLE MUAHHAHAHAH!" It would probably be more like, let's shoot fireworks into the neighbors house.
...
randombum
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States2378 Posts
July 09 2008 04:05 GMT
#435
On July 09 2008 13:00 SpaCe)Ment-rA wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2008 12:58 XCetron wrote:
On July 09 2008 12:54 SpaCe)Ment-rA wrote:
On July 09 2008 12:49 Gene wrote:
srsly
just give haji and rek their mod powers back, and each a bottle of alcohol, this place will get the proper purge feeling right quick.



Alcohol may annihilate their capacity of objectiveness. I disagree.



I concur, however the fatalities of some of the posters is something we all want.


This is not the matter that I am discussing. Without any objectiveness, they could ban people that totally do not deserve to be banned, whether by grudge or just incapacity to show sense of judgement.


I believe thats where the fun is at.
brian
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States9643 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-09 04:06:20
July 09 2008 04:05 GMT
#436
On July 09 2008 13:04 UmmTheHobo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2008 13:00 SpaCe)Ment-rA wrote:
On July 09 2008 12:58 XCetron wrote:
On July 09 2008 12:54 SpaCe)Ment-rA wrote:
On July 09 2008 12:49 Gene wrote:
srsly
just give haji and rek their mod powers back, and each a bottle of alcohol, this place will get the proper purge feeling right quick.



Alcohol may annihilate their capacity of objectiveness. I disagree.



I concur, however the fatalities of some of the posters is something we all want.


This is not the matter that I am discussing. Without any objectiveness, they could ban people that totally do not deserve to be banned, whether by grudge or just incapacity to show sense of judgement.


I doubt if they were that drunk they would be like "HEY LETS GO ON TEAMLIQUID AND BAN PEOPLE MUAHHAHAHAH!" It would probably be more like, let's shoot fireworks into the neighbors house.

you very obviously dont know haji's or rek's drunk habits.
ScarFace
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1175 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-09 04:10:21
July 09 2008 04:06 GMT
#437
6/10

I try to actually add to the site. Every month when the power rank comes out, I debate with people, I try not to flame, and I give out reasoned points that I've thought over for a while. I think I'm a pretty fair person to debate with and I do my best after all. Usually I try to help someone on Starcraft when he needs it [Ive analyzed a few replays or just answered a few basic questions], or just add to the discussion of past pro gamers, maps, the future of the tsl, etc. With that being said I'm not a particularly model member of teamliquid. I, like many others, am a little aggressive. I don't deny that. I have flamed people a few times [always in response, but that doesn't excuse it of course] or just been a little overly hostile. When I realize I'm at fault I try to fix the situation, but nonetheless. I've been warned for that once, and another time for spoiling a game. Spoiling the game was just a careless mistake on my part. So yeah. I try to add reasoned discussion to the site but at the same time I'm a bit of an asshole, and I have my faults.
Can you dig it?
SpaCe)Ment-rA
Profile Joined November 2005
Canada389 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-09 04:07:50
July 09 2008 04:07 GMT
#438
On July 09 2008 13:05 Gene wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2008 13:04 UmmTheHobo wrote:
On July 09 2008 13:00 SpaCe)Ment-rA wrote:
On July 09 2008 12:58 XCetron wrote:
On July 09 2008 12:54 SpaCe)Ment-rA wrote:
On July 09 2008 12:49 Gene wrote:
srsly
just give haji and rek their mod powers back, and each a bottle of alcohol, this place will get the proper purge feeling right quick.



Alcohol may annihilate their capacity of objectiveness. I disagree.



I concur, however the fatalities of some of the posters is something we all want.


This is not the matter that I am discussing. Without any objectiveness, they could ban people that totally do not deserve to be banned, whether by grudge or just incapacity to show sense of judgement.


I doubt if they were that drunk they would be like "HEY LETS GO ON TEAMLIQUID AND BAN PEOPLE MUAHHAHAHAH!" It would probably be more like, let's shoot fireworks into the neighbors house.

you very obviously dont know haji's or rek's drunk habits.




No I don't. But I prefer prevention. If we can, by making one with common sense, avoid useless bans, we will do it. That is the least we can do for all those worthy members.
In the moonlight, dancing madly backwards
XCetron
Profile Joined November 2006
5226 Posts
July 09 2008 04:14 GMT
#439
if a member is deemed worthy enough then I do not think they will get banned. And in the off chance that they do, the sentencing is usually lighter.
SpaCe)Ment-rA
Profile Joined November 2005
Canada389 Posts
July 09 2008 04:16 GMT
#440
This is exactly were the matter is: people that deserve to be banned have to be banned and those who are worthy will not be purged. However, my point is that being drunk alters all that logical thinking.
In the moonlight, dancing madly backwards
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 30 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem299
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 299
IndyStarCraft 111
Railgan 71
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 55147
Shuttle 4081
Horang2 562
BeSt 554
Larva 273
actioN 270
ggaemo 201
Soma 149
Sexy 138
Mind 131
[ Show more ]
Last 97
Zeus 74
Aegong 73
Dewaltoss 65
hero 59
Killer 50
Sea.KH 50
Hyun 47
ToSsGirL 35
Bale 25
PianO 19
NaDa 17
Rock 15
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5148
qojqva2724
Dendi1578
420jenkins484
Fuzer 150
Counter-Strike
fl0m4045
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1323
Liquid`Hasu1108
MindelVK21
Other Games
singsing1587
FrodaN1061
B2W.Neo950
Beastyqt792
byalli677
Mlord498
ArmadaUGS203
Hui .186
KnowMe142
QueenE82
Mew2King53
Chillindude28
CosmosSc2 27
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick935
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream47
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 19
• Reevou 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 54
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 4073
League of Legends
• Nemesis3288
Other Games
• WagamamaTV201
• Shiphtur106
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 5m
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 5m
Replay Cast
7h 5m
Afreeca Starleague
18h 5m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
19h 5m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 18h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 19h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.