• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:44
CEST 18:44
KST 01:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War545.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch)
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9641 users

2020 US Election - Page 4

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 298 299 300 Next
Mohdoo
Profile Joined August 2007
United States15743 Posts
November 03 2020 05:33 GMT
#61
On November 03 2020 14:21 Belisarius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2020 14:09 Mohdoo wrote:
Tomorrow I have no meetings until 1 PST, at which point I have 4 hours of meetings where I am presenting it at least actively speaking. It’s gonna be a mess.

I've always wondered how this works. It's not an issue in countries where election day is a holiday or a weekend, but when it's ostensibly a normal weekday I bet things get... weird.

Do people just pretend it isn't happening or is literally everyone in the room just f5ing their phones during your presentation? Is it appropriate to take 5 and slap up a poll tracker then keep going or what?

I expect every meeting will start with “oh gosh election today! Pretty stressful! Annnnyway let’s talk about shit no one cares about knowing no one is listening”

Since I’m working fully remotely everyone is just doing voice chat. One of my meetings will be video with my boss, so I’ll actually be engaged during that. In reality, it’s for the better right? If there is uncertainty during that time, scrolling and f5’ing won’t help anything. But it’s gonna be really fucking hard
IyMoon
Profile Joined April 2016
United States1249 Posts
November 03 2020 05:38 GMT
#62
On November 03 2020 14:33 Mohdoo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2020 14:21 Belisarius wrote:
On November 03 2020 14:09 Mohdoo wrote:
Tomorrow I have no meetings until 1 PST, at which point I have 4 hours of meetings where I am presenting it at least actively speaking. It’s gonna be a mess.

I've always wondered how this works. It's not an issue in countries where election day is a holiday or a weekend, but when it's ostensibly a normal weekday I bet things get... weird.

Do people just pretend it isn't happening or is literally everyone in the room just f5ing their phones during your presentation? Is it appropriate to take 5 and slap up a poll tracker then keep going or what?

I expect every meeting will start with “oh gosh election today! Pretty stressful! Annnnyway let’s talk about shit no one cares about knowing no one is listening”

Since I’m working fully remotely everyone is just doing voice chat. One of my meetings will be video with my boss, so I’ll actually be engaged during that. In reality, it’s for the better right? If there is uncertainty during that time, scrolling and f5’ing won’t help anything. But it’s gonna be really fucking hard


My manager sent out an email saying limit all meetings on the third. Hes way more politically tuned in than a lot of people but I still thought it was really cool. Of course right after that I got 2 meetings added on my calendar
Something witty
Emnjay808
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States10666 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-11-03 06:11:05
November 03 2020 06:10 GMT
#63
I remember when trump won I was playing WoW and we had a raid that night. The guild leaders set VERY strict rules to have zero politics talking that night. I found it pretty funny since it was a very casual, fun guild but I understood that there were a lot of sides that felt very strongly about the results.

Anyhoo. Whoever wins will be interesting. I’m looking forward to seeing how many states flips.
Skol
LegalLord
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
United States13779 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-11-03 06:47:28
November 03 2020 06:32 GMT
#64
So, lots of ads all over the place recently. This one in particular though, from Biden's campaign on Facebook caught my eye. Claims you should donate to Biden because the internal polls show a very tight race:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Well I'm sure I don't believe it (since if you actually go to his website you see no reference to any of these polls), but as far as clickbait goes it certainly got the job done.
History will sooner or later sweep the European Union away without mercy.
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10569 Posts
November 03 2020 06:37 GMT
#65
On November 03 2020 15:32 LegalLord wrote:
So, lots of ads all over the place recently. This one in particular though, from Biden's campaign on Facebook caught my eye. Claims you should donate to Biden because the internal polls show a very tight race:

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Well I'm sure I don't believe it (since if you actually go to his website you see no reference to any of these polls, but as far as clickbait goes it certainly got the job done.

LOL they probably just used the polls from Trafalgar or Rasmussen and slapped it on there and called it their "internal polling". Great clickbait though.
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-11-03 06:48:48
November 03 2020 06:46 GMT
#66
That's... interesting. The wording of that ad makes it sound like those are the results of public polls, but I haven't seen a Trump 47-46 poll in Michigan in the recent weeks (or the other two polls, for that matter). Also posting a poll where they're down in Michigan without mentioning Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, etc. looks weird to me.

Also, I'd think that he would rather put polls that have him just slightly ahead in at least one of those states.
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
esReveR
Profile Joined February 2010
United States568 Posts
November 03 2020 06:52 GMT
#67
We can't trust what the polls say. They have only gotten less accurate since 2016.

I watched all the debates and the interviews of the candidates, as well as more than a few of each of their town hall/rallies. Based on what I have seen, I think Biden's embracing socialist ideals and open support of the rioters (both candidates support peaceful protest) will turn the vast majority of moderate voters away from him. That shift to the right will cause Trump to win the electoral college easily. If the shift is big enough we could potentially see him win the popular vote too.

At the end of the day, we're all guessing at this point. Record voter turnout is expected, so we'll have to wait and see.
Skill is relative.
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10569 Posts
November 03 2020 06:59 GMT
#68
On November 03 2020 15:52 esReveR wrote:
We can't trust what the polls say. They have only gotten less accurate since 2016.

I watched all the debates and the interviews of the candidates, as well as more than a few of each of their town hall/rallies. Based on what I have seen, I think Biden's embracing socialist ideals and open support of the rioters (both candidates support peaceful protest) will turn the vast majority of moderate voters away from him. That shift to the right will cause Trump to win the electoral college easily. If the shift is big enough we could potentially see him win the popular vote too.

At the end of the day, we're all guessing at this point. Record voter turnout is expected, so we'll have to wait and see.

what. citation needed. Polls were far more accurate during 2018 midterms. Trump winning the popular vote? lol what? Not one poll since the very beginning of the election has shown that if not for rasmussen/trafalgar
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44372 Posts
November 03 2020 07:01 GMT
#69
On November 03 2020 15:52 esReveR wrote:
We can't trust what the polls say. They have only gotten less accurate since 2016.

I watched all the debates and the interviews of the candidates, as well as more than a few of each of their town hall/rallies. Based on what I have seen, I think Biden's embracing socialist ideals and open support of the rioters (both candidates support peaceful protest) will turn the vast majority of moderate voters away from him. That shift to the right will cause Trump to win the electoral college easily. If the shift is big enough we could potentially see him win the popular vote too.

At the end of the day, we're all guessing at this point. Record voter turnout is expected, so we'll have to wait and see.

You've been drinking too much of the koolaid. Biden hasn't embraced any socialist ideals. Socialism is worker ownership of the means of production.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
esReveR
Profile Joined February 2010
United States568 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-11-03 07:07:05
November 03 2020 07:02 GMT
#70
On November 03 2020 15:59 FlaShFTW wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On November 03 2020 15:52 esReveR wrote:
We can't trust what the polls say. They have only gotten less accurate since 2016.

I watched all the debates and the interviews of the candidates, as well as more than a few of each of their town hall/rallies. Based on what I have seen, I think Biden's embracing socialist ideals and open support of the rioters (both candidates support peaceful protest) will turn the vast majority of moderate voters away from him. That shift to the right will cause Trump to win the electoral college easily. If the shift is big enough we could potentially see him win the popular vote too.

At the end of the day, we're all guessing at this point. Record voter turnout is expected, so we'll have to wait and see.

what. citation needed. Polls were far more accurate during 2018 midterms. Trump winning the popular vote? lol what? Not one poll since the very beginning of the election has shown that if not for rasmussen/trafalgar


The Florida Governor race polls are one example.

On November 03 2020 16:01 KwarK wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On November 03 2020 15:52 esReveR wrote:
We can't trust what the polls say. They have only gotten less accurate since 2016.

I watched all the debates and the interviews of the candidates, as well as more than a few of each of their town hall/rallies. Based on what I have seen, I think Biden's embracing socialist ideals and open support of the rioters (both candidates support peaceful protest) will turn the vast majority of moderate voters away from him. That shift to the right will cause Trump to win the electoral college easily. If the shift is big enough we could potentially see him win the popular vote too.

At the end of the day, we're all guessing at this point. Record voter turnout is expected, so we'll have to wait and see.

You've been drinking too much of the koolaid. Biden hasn't embraced any socialist ideals. Socialism is worker ownership of the means of production.


My apologies, I meant to say Communism (I often conflate the two by accident). Kamala Harris put out a video preaching equal outcomes vs equal opportunity just yesterday.
Skill is relative.
esReveR
Profile Joined February 2010
United States568 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-11-03 07:07:15
November 03 2020 07:06 GMT
#71
accidental double post.
Skill is relative.
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44372 Posts
November 03 2020 07:09 GMT
#72
On November 03 2020 16:02 esReveR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2020 15:59 FlaShFTW wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On November 03 2020 15:52 esReveR wrote:
We can't trust what the polls say. They have only gotten less accurate since 2016.

I watched all the debates and the interviews of the candidates, as well as more than a few of each of their town hall/rallies. Based on what I have seen, I think Biden's embracing socialist ideals and open support of the rioters (both candidates support peaceful protest) will turn the vast majority of moderate voters away from him. That shift to the right will cause Trump to win the electoral college easily. If the shift is big enough we could potentially see him win the popular vote too.

At the end of the day, we're all guessing at this point. Record voter turnout is expected, so we'll have to wait and see.

what. citation needed. Polls were far more accurate during 2018 midterms. Trump winning the popular vote? lol what? Not one poll since the very beginning of the election has shown that if not for rasmussen/trafalgar


The Florida Governor race polls are one example.

Show nested quote +
On November 03 2020 16:01 KwarK wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On November 03 2020 15:52 esReveR wrote:
We can't trust what the polls say. They have only gotten less accurate since 2016.

I watched all the debates and the interviews of the candidates, as well as more than a few of each of their town hall/rallies. Based on what I have seen, I think Biden's embracing socialist ideals and open support of the rioters (both candidates support peaceful protest) will turn the vast majority of moderate voters away from him. That shift to the right will cause Trump to win the electoral college easily. If the shift is big enough we could potentially see him win the popular vote too.

At the end of the day, we're all guessing at this point. Record voter turnout is expected, so we'll have to wait and see.

You've been drinking too much of the koolaid. Biden hasn't embraced any socialist ideals. Socialism is worker ownership of the means of production.


My apologies, I meant to say Communism (I often conflate the two by accident). Kamala Harris put out a video preaching equal outcomes vs equal opportunity just yesterday.

Then you're even more confused. Communism is a classless society in which we all contribute in accordance with our means and the common production is shared between the workers in accordance with their needs. It includes the abolition of money and ultimately of the state itself. They haven't embraced communism either.

Do you need a dictionary?
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12570 Posts
November 03 2020 07:16 GMT
#73
On November 03 2020 16:02 esReveR wrote:
My apologies, I meant to say Communism (I often conflate the two by accident). Kamala Harris put out a video preaching equal outcomes vs equal opportunity just yesterday.


You would also hate equal opportunity, though, right? So it doesn't matter that much.
No will to live, no wish to die
esReveR
Profile Joined February 2010
United States568 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-11-03 07:19:52
November 03 2020 07:18 GMT
#74
On November 03 2020 16:09 KwarK wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On November 03 2020 16:02 esReveR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2020 15:59 FlaShFTW wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On November 03 2020 15:52 esReveR wrote:
We can't trust what the polls say. They have only gotten less accurate since 2016.

I watched all the debates and the interviews of the candidates, as well as more than a few of each of their town hall/rallies. Based on what I have seen, I think Biden's embracing socialist ideals and open support of the rioters (both candidates support peaceful protest) will turn the vast majority of moderate voters away from him. That shift to the right will cause Trump to win the electoral college easily. If the shift is big enough we could potentially see him win the popular vote too.

At the end of the day, we're all guessing at this point. Record voter turnout is expected, so we'll have to wait and see.

what. citation needed. Polls were far more accurate during 2018 midterms. Trump winning the popular vote? lol what? Not one poll since the very beginning of the election has shown that if not for rasmussen/trafalgar


The Florida Governor race polls are one example.

Show nested quote +
On November 03 2020 16:01 KwarK wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On November 03 2020 15:52 esReveR wrote:
We can't trust what the polls say. They have only gotten less accurate since 2016.

I watched all the debates and the interviews of the candidates, as well as more than a few of each of their town hall/rallies. Based on what I have seen, I think Biden's embracing socialist ideals and open support of the rioters (both candidates support peaceful protest) will turn the vast majority of moderate voters away from him. That shift to the right will cause Trump to win the electoral college easily. If the shift is big enough we could potentially see him win the popular vote too.

At the end of the day, we're all guessing at this point. Record voter turnout is expected, so we'll have to wait and see.

You've been drinking too much of the koolaid. Biden hasn't embraced any socialist ideals. Socialism is worker ownership of the means of production.


My apologies, I meant to say Communism (I often conflate the two by accident). Kamala Harris put out a video preaching equal outcomes vs equal opportunity just yesterday.

Then you're even more confused. Communism is a classless society in which we all contribute in accordance with our means and the common production is shared between the workers in accordance with their needs. It includes the abolition of money and ultimately of the state itself. They haven't embraced communism either.

Do you need a dictionary?


Drop the insults. You just proved what I said to be accurate. That definition of Communism is exactly how you would get to an end goal of equal outcomes, which is what the Biden/Harris campaign has been preaching for months.

On November 03 2020 16:16 Nebuchad wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On November 03 2020 16:02 esReveR wrote:
My apologies, I meant to say Communism (I often conflate the two by accident). Kamala Harris put out a video preaching equal outcomes vs equal opportunity just yesterday.


You would also hate equal opportunity, though, right? So it doesn't matter that much.


I never said I hated either. I took a relatively impartial stance.
Skill is relative.
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44372 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-11-03 07:24:28
November 03 2020 07:21 GMT
#75
On November 03 2020 16:18 esReveR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2020 16:09 KwarK wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On November 03 2020 16:02 esReveR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2020 15:59 FlaShFTW wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On November 03 2020 15:52 esReveR wrote:
We can't trust what the polls say. They have only gotten less accurate since 2016.

I watched all the debates and the interviews of the candidates, as well as more than a few of each of their town hall/rallies. Based on what I have seen, I think Biden's embracing socialist ideals and open support of the rioters (both candidates support peaceful protest) will turn the vast majority of moderate voters away from him. That shift to the right will cause Trump to win the electoral college easily. If the shift is big enough we could potentially see him win the popular vote too.

At the end of the day, we're all guessing at this point. Record voter turnout is expected, so we'll have to wait and see.

what. citation needed. Polls were far more accurate during 2018 midterms. Trump winning the popular vote? lol what? Not one poll since the very beginning of the election has shown that if not for rasmussen/trafalgar


The Florida Governor race polls are one example.

Show nested quote +
On November 03 2020 16:01 KwarK wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On November 03 2020 15:52 esReveR wrote:
We can't trust what the polls say. They have only gotten less accurate since 2016.

I watched all the debates and the interviews of the candidates, as well as more than a few of each of their town hall/rallies. Based on what I have seen, I think Biden's embracing socialist ideals and open support of the rioters (both candidates support peaceful protest) will turn the vast majority of moderate voters away from him. That shift to the right will cause Trump to win the electoral college easily. If the shift is big enough we could potentially see him win the popular vote too.

At the end of the day, we're all guessing at this point. Record voter turnout is expected, so we'll have to wait and see.

You've been drinking too much of the koolaid. Biden hasn't embraced any socialist ideals. Socialism is worker ownership of the means of production.


My apologies, I meant to say Communism (I often conflate the two by accident). Kamala Harris put out a video preaching equal outcomes vs equal opportunity just yesterday.

Then you're even more confused. Communism is a classless society in which we all contribute in accordance with our means and the common production is shared between the workers in accordance with their needs. It includes the abolition of money and ultimately of the state itself. They haven't embraced communism either.

Do you need a dictionary?


Drop the insults. You just proved what I said to be accurate. That definition of Communism is exactly how you would get to an end goal of equal outcomes, which is what the Biden/Harris campaign has been preaching for months.

It's not about insults, it's about you not having a working understanding of what the words you're using mean. Biden and Harris are not communists, they're neoliberals which is a subset of capitalists. Communists don't run in elections, communists are intrinsically revolutionary, they don't believe that the institutions of liberal democracy can be used to destroy it. Hell, they don't believe in nations or governments either. A communist does not run for President of the USA for the same reason that an anarchist flat earth vegan doesn't run for the presidency of the global alliance of meat eaters. The former VP of the Obama administration is not a communist lol.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Nebuchad
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Switzerland12570 Posts
November 03 2020 07:24 GMT
#76
On November 03 2020 16:18 esReveR wrote:
I never said I hated either. I took a relatively impartial stance.


Well, do you hate either?
No will to live, no wish to die
FlaShFTW
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States10569 Posts
November 03 2020 07:27 GMT
#77
On November 03 2020 16:02 esReveR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2020 15:59 FlaShFTW wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On November 03 2020 15:52 esReveR wrote:
We can't trust what the polls say. They have only gotten less accurate since 2016.

I watched all the debates and the interviews of the candidates, as well as more than a few of each of their town hall/rallies. Based on what I have seen, I think Biden's embracing socialist ideals and open support of the rioters (both candidates support peaceful protest) will turn the vast majority of moderate voters away from him. That shift to the right will cause Trump to win the electoral college easily. If the shift is big enough we could potentially see him win the popular vote too.

At the end of the day, we're all guessing at this point. Record voter turnout is expected, so we'll have to wait and see.

what. citation needed. Polls were far more accurate during 2018 midterms. Trump winning the popular vote? lol what? Not one poll since the very beginning of the election has shown that if not for rasmussen/trafalgar


The Florida Governor race polls are one example.

Show nested quote +
On November 03 2020 16:01 KwarK wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On November 03 2020 15:52 esReveR wrote:
We can't trust what the polls say. They have only gotten less accurate since 2016.

I watched all the debates and the interviews of the candidates, as well as more than a few of each of their town hall/rallies. Based on what I have seen, I think Biden's embracing socialist ideals and open support of the rioters (both candidates support peaceful protest) will turn the vast majority of moderate voters away from him. That shift to the right will cause Trump to win the electoral college easily. If the shift is big enough we could potentially see him win the popular vote too.

At the end of the day, we're all guessing at this point. Record voter turnout is expected, so we'll have to wait and see.

You've been drinking too much of the koolaid. Biden hasn't embraced any socialist ideals. Socialism is worker ownership of the means of production.


My apologies, I meant to say Communism (I often conflate the two by accident). Kamala Harris put out a video preaching equal outcomes vs equal opportunity just yesterday.

not sure if this is an elaborate troll post or someone who just is totally out of touch with what political ideologies encapsulate. Biden is nothing close to socialism and communism. He is your typical establishment democrat who, if anything, is lean auth right. He doesnt advocate for universal healthcare, hes still very much a poiice apologist, and hes very much not even close to Sanders/AOC.
Writer#1 KT and FlaSh Fanboy || Woo Jung Ho Never Forget || Teamliquid Political Decision Desk
TL+ Member
esReveR
Profile Joined February 2010
United States568 Posts
November 03 2020 07:28 GMT
#78
On November 03 2020 16:21 KwarK wrote:
It's not about insults, it's about you not having a working understanding of what the words you're using mean. Biden and Harris are not communists, they're neoliberals which is a subset of capitalists. Communists don't run in elections, communists are intrinsically revolutionary, they don't believe that the institutions of liberal democracy can be used to destroy it. Hell, they don't believe in nations or governments either. A communist does not run for President of the USA for the same reason that an anarchist flat earth vegan doesn't run for the presidency of the global alliance of meat eaters. The former VP of the Obama administration is not a communist lol.


Neoliberalism: a political approach that favors free-market capitalism, deregulation, and reduction in government spending.

Biden, Harris, nor any mainstream Democrats agree with any of those items listed in that definition. How are they neoliberals exactly?

User was warned for this post.
Skill is relative.
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44372 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-11-03 07:43:06
November 03 2020 07:36 GMT
#79
On November 03 2020 16:28 esReveR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2020 16:21 KwarK wrote:
It's not about insults, it's about you not having a working understanding of what the words you're using mean. Biden and Harris are not communists, they're neoliberals which is a subset of capitalists. Communists don't run in elections, communists are intrinsically revolutionary, they don't believe that the institutions of liberal democracy can be used to destroy it. Hell, they don't believe in nations or governments either. A communist does not run for President of the USA for the same reason that an anarchist flat earth vegan doesn't run for the presidency of the global alliance of meat eaters. The former VP of the Obama administration is not a communist lol.


Neoliberalism: a political approach that favors free-market capitalism, deregulation, and reduction in government spending.

Biden, Harris, nor any mainstream Democrats agree with any of those items listed in that definition. How are they neoliberals exactly?

They agree with all of them. Consider the last two Democratic presidencies. Could you buy and sell goods on a market? Could you invest in securities? Could you start a business? Clinton ran a budget surplus and Obama reduced gov spending from 39.8% of GDP under Bush to 38.3%. Both Clinton and Obama worked hard to reduce the trade barriers regulating the entry of American goods into foreign markets, barriers which, incidentally, Trump has tried to restore.

Most of the countries in the world have nationalized healthcare. The government has taken over a private industry and run it publicly for the public good. Obama came into power and took the conservative Heritage Foundation plan to enshrine the health insurance industry as the core part of American healthcare, which was first implemented by Gov. Mitt Romney in his state, and made it law.

This is what neoliberalism is. It's liberal capitalism with a friendly sticker on it but all the inequality and poverty that you've come to expect from capitalism. These people aren't leftists. They never have been. That's why they're called neoliberals. They're not going to nationalize Exxon, they're not going to dismantle the health insurance industry, they're certainly not going to stop bombing brown people on behalf of Saudi Arabia, they're not going to guillotine Bezos in Central Park. Literally all they're going to do is say that people who make millions of dollars a year should contribute a little more in taxes as if that makes any difference at all.

I mean come on, one of the prominent Democrats is Bloomberg, a literal financial services billionaire. If they were communists they would have butchered him, roasted his body, and used it to make street tacos by now. When a central figure in the party is a billionaire you can be pretty sure they're not planning to make life very hard for billionaires.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Biff The Understudy
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
France8201 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-11-03 07:57:34
November 03 2020 07:43 GMT
#80
On November 03 2020 16:02 esReveR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 03 2020 15:59 FlaShFTW wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On November 03 2020 15:52 esReveR wrote:
We can't trust what the polls say. They have only gotten less accurate since 2016.

I watched all the debates and the interviews of the candidates, as well as more than a few of each of their town hall/rallies. Based on what I have seen, I think Biden's embracing socialist ideals and open support of the rioters (both candidates support peaceful protest) will turn the vast majority of moderate voters away from him. That shift to the right will cause Trump to win the electoral college easily. If the shift is big enough we could potentially see him win the popular vote too.

At the end of the day, we're all guessing at this point. Record voter turnout is expected, so we'll have to wait and see.

what. citation needed. Polls were far more accurate during 2018 midterms. Trump winning the popular vote? lol what? Not one poll since the very beginning of the election has shown that if not for rasmussen/trafalgar


The Florida Governor race polls are one example.

Show nested quote +
On November 03 2020 16:01 KwarK wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On November 03 2020 15:52 esReveR wrote:
We can't trust what the polls say. They have only gotten less accurate since 2016.

I watched all the debates and the interviews of the candidates, as well as more than a few of each of their town hall/rallies. Based on what I have seen, I think Biden's embracing socialist ideals and open support of the rioters (both candidates support peaceful protest) will turn the vast majority of moderate voters away from him. That shift to the right will cause Trump to win the electoral college easily. If the shift is big enough we could potentially see him win the popular vote too.

At the end of the day, we're all guessing at this point. Record voter turnout is expected, so we'll have to wait and see.

You've been drinking too much of the koolaid. Biden hasn't embraced any socialist ideals. Socialism is worker ownership of the means of production.


My apologies, I meant to say Communism (I often conflate the two by accident). Kamala Harris put out a video preaching equal outcomes vs equal opportunity just yesterday.

Why don't you post that kind of trash somewhere else? If Biden is communist I am Mary Poppins.

It's kind of tragic so many people don't know better and don't just roll their eyes when propagandists throw such non sensical words.
The fellow who is out to burn things up is the counterpart of the fool who thinks he can save the world. The world needs neither to be burned up nor to be saved. The world is, we are. Transients, if we buck it; here to stay if we accept it. ~H.Miller
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 298 299 300 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 16m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech142
Liquid`TLO 92
BRAT_OK 62
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 26964
Leta 1083
Horang2 267
firebathero 173
Trap 151
Zeus 95
Hyun 69
soO 56
ToSsGirL 36
Bale 32
[ Show more ]
Rock 26
Aegong 24
scan(afreeca) 21
Bishop 16
Noble 11
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Dendi1206
420jenkins384
qojqva31
Counter-Strike
fl0m4700
Other Games
Beastyqt641
mouzStarbuck366
byalli267
KnowMe214
Hui .177
Livibee82
QueenE74
FrodaN13
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 64
• 3DClanTV 38
• Adnapsc2 16
• Response 13
• Hinosc 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach86
• Azhi_Dahaki14
• Michael_bg 11
• FirePhoenix10
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1670
Other Games
• Shiphtur574
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
16m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2h 16m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 16m
Patches Events
22h 16m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 2h
OSC
1d 6h
OSC
1d 19h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.