• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:10
CEST 14:10
KST 21:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8609 users

Coronavirus and You - Page 226

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 224 225 226 227 228 699 Next
Any and all updates regarding the COVID-19 will need a source provided. Please do your part in helping us to keep this thread maintainable and under control.

It is YOUR responsibility to fully read through the sources that you link, and you MUST provide a brief summary explaining what the source is about. Do not expect other people to do the work for you.

Conspiracy theories and fear mongering will absolutely not be tolerated in this thread. Expect harsh mod actions if you try to incite fear needlessly.

This is not a politics thread! You are allowed to post information regarding politics if it's related to the coronavirus, but do NOT discuss politics in here.

Added a disclaimer on page 662. Many need to post better.
Furikawari
Profile Joined February 2014
France2522 Posts
August 07 2020 09:08 GMT
#4501
On August 07 2020 17:22 Wegandi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2020 06:19 Velr wrote:
It's so friggin dumb that you guys are still discussing shit... What's there to discuss?

Seriously? None of you knows shit. Just because some libertarian/right wing assholes tell you that it's all a hoax/bad/not dire makes you do this?

I don't get it.

One of my best friends father died from this shit. I didn't know him, never saw him but seeing people arguing about if "measures" are ok or not is just such a retarded and stupid exercise on FREEDOM or whatever BS you put ahead.. it's just moronic.

Either we try to solve this and it will hurt, it will for sure, or we don't and more people will die.... OR YOU FUCKING GROW UP and do what the scientific consencus sais at the moment and I don't give a fuck if that consensus changes tomorrow, neither you nor I am qualified or in a position to question it.

Oh, and i hope you assholes that spout your right/freedom/whatever just die. For the greater good, your ignorance is killing people. fuck you.

User was warned for this post


Yeah, we need to put the people who care about freedom someplace, maybe, I don't know, like camps or something. For the greater good, of course. People die all the time and we make risk:benefit assessments all the time. We don't outlaw driving which kills and injures hundreds of thousands a year, again, a grave externality. We deem however that transportation is a benefit worth the risk. Likewise, we can't shut down society writ whole. That's insane. Maybe if it was the Justinian plague, I could see it, but for this? No.

You're letting your emotions dictate your response. If you want a majority of people to follow guidelines and recommendations honey gets you more than vinegar (and vinegar in this case is Government enforcement, fines, jail, etc. - you're just going to get more pushback and non-compliance, like say, a teen would do if you told them not to smoke and if they did they'd be kicked out of the house).

If you want to live under a scientific technocratic dictatorship that's fine, but don't be surprised when some people aren't so keen (never mind that here in the US it seems like the people wielding this power aren't so benevolent - if you're one of them (a D or R) you're good to go, but if you are not, well, no Church for you, no protest for you, no XYZ that is part of the out group).

(And before you go on another emotional tirade I have had friends parents die as well, it sucks but that doesn't justify the pain of a Great Depression II or worse - never mind no one ever cares to actually do the utilitarian leg work with the increased suicides, domestic violence, depression, anxiety, fear, etc. That's harm and death too)


Yeah, because you know, there's no middle ground between free nazi speech and gulag. And I'll end the off topic here.
Chocolate
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2350 Posts
August 07 2020 09:20 GMT
#4502
Ignoring the people comparing being required a mask to being put in a concentration camp...

I'm moving back in with my parents and probably going to socially isolate for an entire year since my dad is immune compromised. Has anybody picked up any new hobbies since the virus started that they would recommend? Preferably not baking bread, just doesn't appeal to me.

My current plan is to build a homegym (power rack, barbell+weights, 190lb adjustable dumbbell set) but I think I'll need something more than exercise, videogames, socializing with parents, and work - that's my current life and it sucks. Even better if it's something I can do with my parents considering both are only working part time.

I'm considering doing some home upgrades like trying to upgrade the unfinished half of my parents' basement or making the inside of their garage look nicer, just to help them out and get some xp to allow me to more confidently purchase a fixer-upper in the future. Not sure if there are better starter DIY projects though.
BlackJack
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
United States10574 Posts
August 07 2020 09:30 GMT
#4503
On August 07 2020 18:20 Chocolate wrote:
Ignoring the people comparing being required a mask to being put in a concentration camp...

I'm moving back in with my parents and probably going to socially isolate for an entire year since my dad is immune compromised. Has anybody picked up any new hobbies since the virus started that they would recommend? Preferably not baking bread, just doesn't appeal to me.

My current plan is to build a homegym (power rack, barbell+weights, 190lb adjustable dumbbell set) but I think I'll need something more than exercise, videogames, socializing with parents, and work - that's my current life and it sucks. Even better if it's something I can do with my parents considering both are only working part time.

I'm considering doing some home upgrades like trying to upgrade the unfinished half of my parents' basement or making the inside of their garage look nicer, just to help them out and get some xp to allow me to more confidently purchase a fixer-upper in the future. Not sure if there are better starter DIY projects though.


Something I picked up well before COVID but I would highly recommend is hiking. Getting sunlight, exercising, experiencing nature, all great for mental health. Also a lot of people are deficient in Vitamin D and don't even realize it because they don't get enough sunlight. It's bad for the immune system. I like the AllTrails App. Pretty much wherever you live there are hundreds of trails within 20 miles. I just started listening to audiobooks and podcasts while hiking. Getting lost in a captivating book while out by yourself in nature is a better escape than any video game.
Erasme
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Bahamas15899 Posts
August 07 2020 09:44 GMT
#4504
On August 07 2020 18:20 Chocolate wrote:
Ignoring the people comparing being required a mask to being put in a concentration camp...

I'm moving back in with my parents and probably going to socially isolate for an entire year since my dad is immune compromised. Has anybody picked up any new hobbies since the virus started that they would recommend? Preferably not baking bread, just doesn't appeal to me.

My current plan is to build a homegym (power rack, barbell+weights, 190lb adjustable dumbbell set) but I think I'll need something more than exercise, videogames, socializing with parents, and work - that's my current life and it sucks. Even better if it's something I can do with my parents considering both are only working part time.

I'm considering doing some home upgrades like trying to upgrade the unfinished half of my parents' basement or making the inside of their garage look nicer, just to help them out and get some xp to allow me to more confidently purchase a fixer-upper in the future. Not sure if there are better starter DIY projects though.

warhammer 40k
i thought i was supposed to make some savings since im not going out but .. ye
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7lxwFEB6FI “‘Drain the swamp’? Stupid saying, means nothing, but you guys loved it so I kept saying it.”
Furikawari
Profile Joined February 2014
France2522 Posts
August 07 2020 09:55 GMT
#4505
On August 07 2020 18:44 Erasme wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2020 18:20 Chocolate wrote:
Ignoring the people comparing being required a mask to being put in a concentration camp...

I'm moving back in with my parents and probably going to socially isolate for an entire year since my dad is immune compromised. Has anybody picked up any new hobbies since the virus started that they would recommend? Preferably not baking bread, just doesn't appeal to me.

My current plan is to build a homegym (power rack, barbell+weights, 190lb adjustable dumbbell set) but I think I'll need something more than exercise, videogames, socializing with parents, and work - that's my current life and it sucks. Even better if it's something I can do with my parents considering both are only working part time.

I'm considering doing some home upgrades like trying to upgrade the unfinished half of my parents' basement or making the inside of their garage look nicer, just to help them out and get some xp to allow me to more confidently purchase a fixer-upper in the future. Not sure if there are better starter DIY projects though.

warhammer 40k
i thought i was supposed to make some savings since im not going out but .. ye


You sure chosed the best hobby to NOT save money :D
Emnjay808
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States10666 Posts
August 07 2020 10:15 GMT
#4506
I was randomly thinking of buying some warhammer kits today. this cant be a coincidence.
Skol
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46498 Posts
August 07 2020 12:33 GMT
#4507
On August 07 2020 18:20 Chocolate wrote:
Ignoring the people comparing being required a mask to being put in a concentration camp...

I'm moving back in with my parents and probably going to socially isolate for an entire year since my dad is immune compromised. Has anybody picked up any new hobbies since the virus started that they would recommend? Preferably not baking bread, just doesn't appeal to me.


I'm creating an RPG using the RPG Maker MV game engine It doesn't require coding and I've never done anything like this before, but it's a lot of fun! We'll see how much free time I have when the school year starts up again, though.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
JimmiC
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada22817 Posts
August 07 2020 14:24 GMT
#4508
--- Nuked ---
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12017 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-08-07 14:33:02
August 07 2020 14:30 GMT
#4509
On August 07 2020 18:20 Chocolate wrote:
Ignoring the people comparing being required a mask to being put in a concentration camp...

I'm moving back in with my parents and probably going to socially isolate for an entire year since my dad is immune compromised. Has anybody picked up any new hobbies since the virus started that they would recommend? Preferably not baking bread, just doesn't appeal to me.

My current plan is to build a homegym (power rack, barbell+weights, 190lb adjustable dumbbell set) but I think I'll need something more than exercise, videogames, socializing with parents, and work - that's my current life and it sucks. Even better if it's something I can do with my parents considering both are only working part time.

I'm considering doing some home upgrades like trying to upgrade the unfinished half of my parents' basement or making the inside of their garage look nicer, just to help them out and get some xp to allow me to more confidently purchase a fixer-upper in the future. Not sure if there are better starter DIY projects though.


Boardgames (if your parents are interested), painting minis? Possibly playing tabletop RPGs over the internet (in person is better, but fucking corona)

Or building and programming cool stuff based on a platform like the arduino or raspberry pi. You can build a lot of really cool individualized automated techy stuff that way.

Also, riding a bike can be a lot of fun. If you are not riding on major roads you are pretty much completely isolated. It is similar to exercising, but you are outside. Really good for thinking about stuff, because once you know the way you need to be going, your mind is free to wander.
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27460 Posts
August 07 2020 15:08 GMT
#4510
On August 07 2020 18:20 Chocolate wrote:
Ignoring the people comparing being required a mask to being put in a concentration camp...

I'm moving back in with my parents and probably going to socially isolate for an entire year since my dad is immune compromised. Has anybody picked up any new hobbies since the virus started that they would recommend? Preferably not baking bread, just doesn't appeal to me.

My current plan is to build a homegym (power rack, barbell+weights, 190lb adjustable dumbbell set) but I think I'll need something more than exercise, videogames, socializing with parents, and work - that's my current life and it sucks. Even better if it's something I can do with my parents considering both are only working part time.

I'm considering doing some home upgrades like trying to upgrade the unfinished half of my parents' basement or making the inside of their garage look nicer, just to help them out and get some xp to allow me to more confidently purchase a fixer-upper in the future. Not sure if there are better starter DIY projects though.

There’s this pretty fun game called Starcraft, I’d heartily recommend it!

Aside from one of the most masochistic activities known to humanity, what do you suck at in terms of ‘life skills’ or DIY that your parents are good at?

If you have any gaps, I found a silver lining was getting a chance to fill them and it was actually quite fun both me learning and my ma teaching me bits and bobs. It’s quite hard when one has fled the nest and is working flat out to find the time for such things, and especially if you’d consider purchasing a fixer upper it could boost your confidence there too.

On the flip side I had some success in getting over my madre’s fear of technology as ‘oh I just don’t get it’ too, which was nice and I’m less needed for tech support over basic things.

For the social aspect I found setting aside group viewings and having different people pick was quite fun too. My mum has got into some streaming shows she wasn’t aware of as she solely watches regular cable TV, I’ve got to watch some of her favourite movies.

Sharing hobbies can be quite fun too. My mum isn’t going to be a master video gamer but she quite enjoyed joining in on party games like Mario Party and Overcooked with my sister and me when my kiddo was staying.

As for hobbies, it’s really down to you and your tastes. I guess most of us have some kind of bucket list of things we’d like to try so dip into whatever you’ve had there but not had the time for. For me it was picking up music again but alas that wasn’t possible as the hardware stores I needed to fix my broken recording gear and rewire my guitars weren’t open. Which was rather frustrating.

Given my working pattern I can’t really socialise with friends so it’s nice to have some company. I tend to work to 10pm and am out of sync with people working 9-5, what bars are open only stay open until 10/11 So I can’t do what I used to do which was join friends for a 10:30 - 1am couple of beers.

Wish you the best of luck man! I know culturally in our respective nations it’s generally frowned upon to be living with one’s parents, but there are many advantages and it’s nice to reconnect with family too.
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Anc13nt
Profile Blog Joined October 2017
1557 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-08-07 17:44:02
August 07 2020 16:25 GMT
#4511
On August 07 2020 17:22 Wegandi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2020 06:19 Velr wrote:
It's so friggin dumb that you guys are still discussing shit... What's there to discuss?

Seriously? None of you knows shit. Just because some libertarian/right wing assholes tell you that it's all a hoax/bad/not dire makes you do this?

I don't get it.

One of my best friends father died from this shit. I didn't know him, never saw him but seeing people arguing about if "measures" are ok or not is just such a retarded and stupid exercise on FREEDOM or whatever BS you put ahead.. it's just moronic.

Either we try to solve this and it will hurt, it will for sure, or we don't and more people will die.... OR YOU FUCKING GROW UP and do what the scientific consencus sais at the moment and I don't give a fuck if that consensus changes tomorrow, neither you nor I am qualified or in a position to question it.

Oh, and i hope you assholes that spout your right/freedom/whatever just die. For the greater good, your ignorance is killing people. fuck you.

User was warned for this post


Yeah, we need to put the people who care about freedom someplace, maybe, I don't know, like camps or something. For the greater good, of course. People die all the time and we make risk:benefit assessments all the time. We don't outlaw driving which kills and injures hundreds of thousands a year, again, a grave externality. We deem however that transportation is a benefit worth the risk. Likewise, we can't shut down society writ whole. That's insane. Maybe if it was the Justinian plague, I could see it, but for this? No.

You're letting your emotions dictate your response. If you want a majority of people to follow guidelines and recommendations honey gets you more than vinegar (and vinegar in this case is Government enforcement, fines, jail, etc. - you're just going to get more pushback and non-compliance, like say, a teen would do if you told them not to smoke and if they did they'd be kicked out of the house).

If you want to live under a scientific technocratic dictatorship that's fine, but don't be surprised when some people aren't so keen (never mind that here in the US it seems like the people wielding this power aren't so benevolent - if you're one of them (a D or R) you're good to go, but if you are not, well, no Church for you, no protest for you, no XYZ that is part of the out group).

(And before you go on another emotional tirade I have had friends parents die as well, it sucks but that doesn't justify the pain of a Great Depression II or worse - never mind no one ever cares to actually do the utilitarian leg work with the increased suicides, domestic violence, depression, anxiety, fear, etc. That's harm and death too)


1st paragraph: What you said is completely subjective so I will not comment on it.

2nd paragraph: Unfortunately, that does not seem to be supported by real world example. After all, the cases were going down in the US and basically the rest of the world after lockdown, which is direct evidence that lockdown increases compliance compared to no lockdown. When US abandoned lockdown, the cases significantly went up soon after and we don't even need to mention Brazil.

The lockdown is effective because it discourages going outside by altering people's incentives for doing so. Far fewer people would find it rational to disobey the lockdown because they will incur financial or legal cost. Your example of the teenager is apt though; there are a lot of grown men who act like teens who DO consider it worthwhile to shirk these obligations for the sake of liberty and masculinity. Fortunately, they are a small minority so lockdowns can still be effective despite the existence of these people.

3rd paragraph: What you said is completely subjective so I will not comment on it.

4th paragraph: Lockdown might not justify Great Depression II or worse but it appears you are assuming there wouldn't be one without a lockdown, even though prolonging the pandemic has massive economic consequences as well and has probably discouraged many people from wanting to go outside for work and has made many people too sick to go to work. And that is to say nothing of the massive medical cost and cost in human lives of having no lockdown.
.
Increased suicides and domestic violence attributable to lockdown are far smaller concerns than the impact of coronavrius if there were no lockdown. If you look at the US suicides graph, The suicide rate increased by roughly 2-3%/year during the recession years and the rate of increase has been roughly 2%/year even after the recession ended. So it is hard to attribute many excess suicide deaths to the recession considering the increase as has been fairly stable ever since even without a recession.

There were roughly 50k suicides in the US in 2018 so if we are generous to you and say that the lockdown increased suicide rates by a few percent (which is very unlikely considering the recession might have barely increased suicide rate), that would be at most a thousand excess deaths in a 6 month time span (roughly time span of the pandemic). I did not mention population growth but it is below 1 percent anyway so it would hardly change the previous number. I also didn't account for suicide rate variation by month but I'm guessing it wouldn't change the number by much anyway. But then again, it is questionable to even say suicides will increase due to lockdown since so many more people will die/get sick without the lockdown, which could also increase suicide rates.

I know I am giving ballpark figures but that is because I lack any expertise when it comes to this type of analysis. Still, I hope it is becoming clear to you that lockdown has saved far more lives (potentially many thousands) than it is supposedly killing from things like suicide and domestic violence (in the ballpark of hundreds to around a thousand at worst).
Nevuk
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States16280 Posts
August 07 2020 17:25 GMT
#4512
Cuomo has announced NY school districts are allowed to re-open. I can't see this being a good idea?

via Spectrum news reporter

LegalLord
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
United States13779 Posts
August 07 2020 18:00 GMT
#4513
Failing to close schools in a timely fashion was likely what hurt New York more than anything else in the first wave. I wonder if Cuomo’s insistence on opening schools will lead to the same consequences once more.

The numbers in New York are better than March, but not exactly phenomenal. This could easily be the major setback they don’t need.
History will sooner or later sweep the European Union away without mercy.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46498 Posts
August 07 2020 18:15 GMT
#4514
On August 08 2020 03:00 LegalLord wrote:
Failing to close schools in a timely fashion was likely what hurt New York more than anything else in the first wave. I wonder if Cuomo’s insistence on opening schools will lead to the same consequences once more.

The numbers in New York are better than March, but not exactly phenomenal. This could easily be the major setback they don’t need.


New Jersey's in the same boat. We have less than one month to see our governor change his mind, and switch us to remote learning, or else we're screwed. Hopefully, the horror stories from the southern/western states that trickle in every day will provide enough data to convince NY and NJ to not open up in-class learning.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Nouar
Profile Joined May 2009
France3270 Posts
August 07 2020 19:17 GMT
#4515
On a lighter note, the US yesterday decided to publish a warning for US travellers in New Zealand due to the presence of a whopping 23 active cases there.
"Exercise increased caution in New Zealand due to COVID-19." it says :-)

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories/new-zealand-travel-advisory.html
https://nz.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/


Sure sounds risky for americans there !
NoiR
Furikawari
Profile Joined February 2014
France2522 Posts
August 07 2020 19:41 GMT
#4516
On August 08 2020 04:17 Nouar wrote:
On a lighter note, the US yesterday decided to publish a warning for US travellers in New Zealand due to the presence of a whopping 23 active cases there.
"Exercise increased caution in New Zealand due to COVID-19." it says :-)

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories/new-zealand-travel-advisory.html
https://nz.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/


Sure sounds risky for americans there !


You forgot the funniest part: apparently US citzens are currently not welcomed in NZ anyway...
Simberto
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Germany12017 Posts
August 07 2020 19:45 GMT
#4517
Sounds reasonable, considering that people coming from the US are statistically pretty much Typhoid Mary.
Nouar
Profile Joined May 2009
France3270 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-08-07 19:46:52
August 07 2020 19:45 GMT
#4518
By the way Furikawari, you were saying it would be good that test positivity rate was advertised. It is ? With a one-week delay because there is delay in the reporting of tests at all, but it is there at the bottom :

https://dashboard.covid19.data.gouv.fr/suivi-indicateurs?location=FRA

It was also reported in the news I saw :
https://www.lefigaro.fr/sciences/coronavirus-2288-nouveaux-cas-en-24-heures-les-indicateurs-se-degradent-en-france-20200807
1.7% for the week from July 29th to August 4th
NoiR
Elroi
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden5617 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-08-07 21:33:39
August 07 2020 21:32 GMT
#4519
On August 08 2020 03:00 LegalLord wrote:
Failing to close schools in a timely fashion was likely what hurt New York more than anything else in the first wave. I wonder if Cuomo’s insistence on opening schools will lead to the same consequences once more.

Why do you think that? Do you have some kind of source to back that up? All I have seen from Sweden is that keeping the schools open turned out to be relatively unproblematic. We had community spread during a big part of the spring but only about 1% of the identified cases were children (that means that children are very underrepresented). We also haven't had any deaths among children and only one teacher has died so far in the country (source in Swedish). Since we have about 240 000 active teachers, I would say they are probably a heavily underrepresented group among the victims of the disease. Those results hardly justify the closing of schools even in places with relatively high levels of community spread in my opinion.
"To all eSports fans, I want to be remembered as a progamer who can make something out of nothing, and someone who always does his best. I think that is the right way of living, and I'm always doing my best to follow that." - Jaedong. /watch?v=jfghAzJqAp0
cLutZ
Profile Joined November 2010
United States19574 Posts
August 07 2020 21:57 GMT
#4520
^ Yup. Swedish infection rates among children was the same as Denmark's despite totally different school closing policies.

https://t.co/QZN4S5BCTG?amp=1
Freeeeeeedom
Prev 1 224 225 226 227 228 699 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 1231
WardiTV539
LiquipediaDiscussion
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 2
Soma vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 7850
StarCastTV_EN175
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko420
ProTech125
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 15672
Bisu 2946
Jaedong 2026
BeSt 1032
EffOrt 906
ZerO 414
Horang2 413
actioN 262
Larva 218
Zeus 168
[ Show more ]
Pusan 162
Barracks 101
Mind 101
Yoon 90
Hyun 81
ggaemo 72
Mini 64
Snow 54
Killer 51
Shinee 48
Sea.KH 45
Sharp 37
Bale 32
ToSsGirL 32
NotJumperer 32
scan(afreeca) 31
Hm[arnc] 19
Sacsri 15
zelot 15
ajuk12(nOOB) 14
Noble 10
sorry 9
hero 4
Dota 2
Dendi925
Gorgc458
qojqva52
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1340
byalli788
markeloff93
Other Games
crisheroes282
B2W.Neo269
Pyrionflax194
DeMusliM187
dupreeh114
hiko80
Mew2King63
Livibee60
QueenE53
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 83
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream46
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV634
League of Legends
• Jankos1325
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
11h 50m
Patches Events
1d 3h
The PondCast
1d 21h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.