• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:27
CEST 15:27
KST 22:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6978 users

LGBT Rights and Gender Equality Thread - Page 126

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 124 125 126 127 128 149 Next
Ghostcom
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark4783 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-07 19:35:38
August 07 2013 19:29 GMT
#2501
On August 08 2013 04:24 Crushinator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2013 03:58 Ghostcom wrote:
On August 08 2013 03:45 farvacola wrote:
Yeah I was gonna say, BMI is an outdated metric, so why go off that at all?


It is still the best correlated metric and commonly accepted in the scientific community. Of course you need to account for other stuff as well, but for it to be completely misleading is not exactly the norm.

EDIT: You know what? Nevermind, this is getting too far off-topic in here and TI3 is starting.


I don't think this is true. Body fat % is simply superior. The reason BMI is accepted scientifically is because in larger samples, individuals with unusual body compositions dont really matter that much, so they dont bother doing the more difficult measurements.


http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/12/24/b-m-i-can-predict-health-risks/?_r=0

I can go and take a look for the peer-reviewed article as well, if you would like me to, but it might have limited access, so figured I would just start with this.

EDIT: Or you could just click the links in the article :p Replying whilst watching TI3 makes me slightly distracted

EDIT2: You are right that if you are to assess an individual, body fat is superior in some areas. There is just not a whole lot to use that information for as all studies of risk factors are pretty much on BMI. Remember that the context I wrote this in was in reference to quite a few studies that have stratified people by BMI and found longer average lifespan, yet higher incidence of comorbidity.
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-07 19:34:41
August 07 2013 19:32 GMT
#2502
On August 08 2013 04:29 Ghostcom wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2013 04:24 Crushinator wrote:
On August 08 2013 03:58 Ghostcom wrote:
On August 08 2013 03:45 farvacola wrote:
Yeah I was gonna say, BMI is an outdated metric, so why go off that at all?


It is still the best correlated metric and commonly accepted in the scientific community. Of course you need to account for other stuff as well, but for it to be completely misleading is not exactly the norm.

EDIT: You know what? Nevermind, this is getting too far off-topic in here and TI3 is starting.


I don't think this is true. Body fat % is simply superior. The reason BMI is accepted scientifically is because in larger samples, individuals with unusual body compositions dont really matter that much, so they dont bother doing the more difficult measurements.


http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/12/24/b-m-i-can-predict-health-risks/?_r=0

I can go and take a look for the peer-reviewed article as well, if you would like me to, but it might have limited access, so figured I would just start with this.

EDIT: Or you could just click the links in the article :p Replying whilst watching TI3 makes me slightly distracted

There are peer reviewed studies on both sides of that fence.
Association of bodyweight with total mortality and with cardiovascular events in coronary artery disease: a systematic review of cohort studies
The better outcomes for cardiovascular and total mortality seen in the overweight and mildly obese groups could not be explained by adjustment for confounding factors. These findings could be explained by the lack of discriminatory power of BMI to differentiate between body fat and lean mass.

What's funny is that that is pretty much what you posted earlier in regards to what constitutes "healthy"; BMI simply does a poor job of accounting for overall health.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
Ghostcom
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark4783 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-07 19:38:52
August 07 2013 19:36 GMT
#2503
On August 08 2013 04:32 farvacola wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2013 04:29 Ghostcom wrote:
On August 08 2013 04:24 Crushinator wrote:
On August 08 2013 03:58 Ghostcom wrote:
On August 08 2013 03:45 farvacola wrote:
Yeah I was gonna say, BMI is an outdated metric, so why go off that at all?


It is still the best correlated metric and commonly accepted in the scientific community. Of course you need to account for other stuff as well, but for it to be completely misleading is not exactly the norm.

EDIT: You know what? Nevermind, this is getting too far off-topic in here and TI3 is starting.


I don't think this is true. Body fat % is simply superior. The reason BMI is accepted scientifically is because in larger samples, individuals with unusual body compositions dont really matter that much, so they dont bother doing the more difficult measurements.


http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/12/24/b-m-i-can-predict-health-risks/?_r=0

I can go and take a look for the peer-reviewed article as well, if you would like me to, but it might have limited access, so figured I would just start with this.

EDIT: Or you could just click the links in the article :p Replying whilst watching TI3 makes me slightly distracted

There are peer reviewed studies on both sides of that fence.
Association of bodyweight with total mortality and with cardiovascular events in coronary artery disease: a systematic review of cohort studies
Show nested quote +
The better outcomes for cardiovascular and total mortality seen in the overweight and mildly obese groups could not be explained by adjustment for confounding factors. These findings could be explained by the lack of discriminatory power of BMI to differentiate between body fat and lean mass.

What's funny is that that is pretty much what you posted earlier in regards to what constitutes "healthy"; BMI simply does a poor job of accounting for overall health.


That explanation however is not the commonly accepted one. The common explanation is that they get more time with their doctor and thus their health is more extensively monitored and i.e. cancers are earlier diagnosed.

EDIT: And the reason for that explanation not being commonly accepted is the same as you highlighted yourself when you said:

The reason BMI is accepted scientifically is because in larger samples, individuals with unusual body compositions dont really matter that much, so they dont bother doing the more difficult measurements.


Cohort studies are as the name suggests, conducted in cohorts, so it is unlikely that unusual body compositions should influence the study so much.
RaspberrySC2
Profile Joined November 2011
United States168 Posts
August 07 2013 19:44 GMT
#2504
Since many of you obviously didn't get the point of why I posted the link, I'll repeat myself:


Sometimes I wonder if the "average" male (hetero-normative cisgendered etc) understands why assertions like these are made by women.


I'll give you a hint (aka spelling it out better): It doesn't matter what the actual content is. What matters is that groups who do not fall into the category of "the average male" have to create content that allows them to define themselves outside of what they are feeling pressured they should be by a culture that has historically put their needs, perspectives, and desires behind that of those that serve men. I just thought it was pertinent to present in the midst of people declaring sweeping morality modes of thought coming from a system that inherently favors their own life experience and favors them over others.
Ever since I was a child I have had this instinctive urge for expansion and growth. To me, the function and duty of a quality human being is the sincere and honest development of one's potential. - Bruce Lee
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44361 Posts
August 07 2013 19:49 GMT
#2505
You're using privilege wrong. You can't just go "you're a bunch of men creating rules which favour men" without showing that the rules in question do favour men. Given that the argument being made in favour of informed consent is actually a feminist one that condemns cliched male characters like Barney (of How I Met Your Mother) as really quite creepy I think you're pretty far from having shown that.

You don't just get to cry privilege. That's not an argument, it's a declaration. Try again.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
QuanticHawk
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States32159 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-07 19:51:34
August 07 2013 19:50 GMT
#2506
that's fine and all, but that link didn't do anything to articulate that or much of anything at all. even the average male has to deal with most of the shit that was on that list. it was a poor starting point for a conversation if you wanted 'create content that allows them to define themselves outside of what they are feeling pressured they should be by a culture that has historically put their needs, perspectives, and desires behind that of those that serve men' which i am sure everyone would agree with

e: and yeah i overlooked that last line and didnt realize what it pertained to. agree with kwark 100%
PROFESSIONAL GAMER - SEND ME OFFERS TO JOIN YOUR TEAM - USA USA USA
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
August 07 2013 19:53 GMT
#2507
On August 08 2013 04:44 RaspberrySC2 wrote:
Since many of you obviously didn't get the point of why I posted the link, I'll repeat myself:

Show nested quote +

Sometimes I wonder if the "average" male (hetero-normative cisgendered etc) understands why assertions like these are made by women.


I'll give you a hint (aka spelling it out better): It doesn't matter what the actual content is. What matters is that groups who do not fall into the category of "the average male" have to create content that allows them to define themselves outside of what they are feeling pressured they should be by a culture that has historically put their needs, perspectives, and desires behind that of those that serve men. I just thought it was pertinent to present in the midst of people declaring sweeping morality modes of thought coming from a system that inherently favors their own life experience and favors them over others.

Your mistake in arguing from that perspective is that it is still hopelessly essential in how it views gender; you are assuming that, because I am a white male, that my interaction with society has somehow certainly been better than someone with a different identity. In other words, my gender and race are being used to say something about my life without any actual interaction with what has transpired in my short 24 years on this planet, and this is exactly why gender essentialism is blind and rather useless past a certain point. My having grown up with a single mother and dealing with custody battles, living in poverty, struggling with childhood obesity along with many other trials I've faced are entirely subverted when you say that my life is in step with systematic gender norms enough for you to make sweeping proclamations as to my personal experience with "privilege". This is not to say that my being a white male has not provided me with benefits, but my gender and race hardly exclude me from sympathizing with transgendered folk or those who have identity/society issues.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
RaspberrySC2
Profile Joined November 2011
United States168 Posts
August 07 2013 20:07 GMT
#2508
I didn't say "privilege".

I'm just pointing out the possibility that the reason so many of you are so up in arms and terrified is the threat that now your personal feelings aren't placed higher than another's.

It reminds me of this thing I heard one time about how men's greatest fear about a date or casual sex scenario is having his feelings or ego hurt whereas a woman's is being raped or even murdered.

These imaginary scenarios that you are playing out in your minds with no real actual experience to base it off of resulting in the overflowing amounts of fear and outrage at the imagined situation makes me laugh, frankly. You're not even living it. You're just imagining it. And this is how upset you are. This is how much you are screaming and fighting and struggling. I'd say "welcome to our world", but you're not even here. It's just your imagination.

"I'm not privileged! I'm not entitled! Blah blah blah"

"Cool story, bro."
Ever since I was a child I have had this instinctive urge for expansion and growth. To me, the function and duty of a quality human being is the sincere and honest development of one's potential. - Bruce Lee
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
August 07 2013 20:10 GMT
#2509
had that whole disclosure talk with some of my friends and i represented "kwarks" standpoint. (informed consent / reasonable to assume transphobe)

while they all started off like I did with a "she doesn't owe him shit".
eventually we all just got depressed about how terrible society is.
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
Ghostcom
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark4783 Posts
August 07 2013 20:16 GMT
#2510
On August 08 2013 05:07 RaspberrySC2 wrote:
I didn't say "privilege".

I'm just pointing out the possibility that the reason so many of you are so up in arms and terrified is the threat that now your personal feelings aren't placed higher than another's.


No, we just demand that our personal feelings are not valued any less or less legitimate than another persons - which is really the same thing everyone else is demanding.
RaspberrySC2
Profile Joined November 2011
United States168 Posts
August 07 2013 20:19 GMT
#2511
Also, the other thing that I feel the need to point out is the very quick and poignant backlash to the very idea of "privilege" being invoked. Too many people take it as an attack on themselves. "Privilege" is not an individual's fault and most often, they have no control over it. Try not to take it as a personal attack. It's just something that is and is something you benefit from which may or may not affect your perspective and I didn't use that word for two reasons. First, it didn't occur to me to consider using it and, secondly, it has so many negative connotations associated with it that it makes people get overly-defensive and essentially halts any effective communication.
Ever since I was a child I have had this instinctive urge for expansion and growth. To me, the function and duty of a quality human being is the sincere and honest development of one's potential. - Bruce Lee
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
August 07 2013 20:19 GMT
#2512
On August 08 2013 05:07 RaspberrySC2 wrote:
I didn't say "privilege".

I'm just pointing out the possibility that the reason so many of you are so up in arms and terrified is the threat that now your personal feelings aren't placed higher than another's.

It reminds me of this thing I heard one time about how men's greatest fear about a date or casual sex scenario is having his feelings or ego hurt whereas a woman's is being raped or even murdered.

These imaginary scenarios that you are playing out in your minds with no real actual experience to base it off of resulting in the overflowing amounts of fear and outrage at the imagined situation makes me laugh, frankly. You're not even living it. You're just imagining it. And this is how upset you are. This is how much you are screaming and fighting and struggling. I'd say "welcome to our world", but you're not even here. It's just your imagination.

"I'm not privileged! I'm not entitled! Blah blah blah"

"Cool story, bro."

Actually, my greatest fear is to be falsely accused of rape or sexual assault, being arrested, losing my job and being forced to hire an attorney for a crime I did not commit. And having no recourse due to the fact that the person that accused me has no money.

But you know, my feelings being hurt sucks too.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
RaspberrySC2
Profile Joined November 2011
United States168 Posts
August 07 2013 20:23 GMT
#2513
On August 08 2013 05:16 Ghostcom wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2013 05:07 RaspberrySC2 wrote:
I didn't say "privilege".

I'm just pointing out the possibility that the reason so many of you are so up in arms and terrified is the threat that now your personal feelings aren't placed higher than another's.


No, we just demand that our personal feelings are not valued any less or less legitimate than another persons - which is really the same thing everyone else is demanding.


That is perfectly fine. Just as I have situational privilege in queer circles that my feelings are considered before the "everyman's", I'm merely suggesting that on a societal level, the everyman is the one who enjoys that privilege.

*Ideally*, there'd be equality. That's not reality, though.
Ever since I was a child I have had this instinctive urge for expansion and growth. To me, the function and duty of a quality human being is the sincere and honest development of one's potential. - Bruce Lee
RaspberrySC2
Profile Joined November 2011
United States168 Posts
August 07 2013 20:25 GMT
#2514
On August 08 2013 05:19 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2013 05:07 RaspberrySC2 wrote:
I didn't say "privilege".

I'm just pointing out the possibility that the reason so many of you are so up in arms and terrified is the threat that now your personal feelings aren't placed higher than another's.

It reminds me of this thing I heard one time about how men's greatest fear about a date or casual sex scenario is having his feelings or ego hurt whereas a woman's is being raped or even murdered.

These imaginary scenarios that you are playing out in your minds with no real actual experience to base it off of resulting in the overflowing amounts of fear and outrage at the imagined situation makes me laugh, frankly. You're not even living it. You're just imagining it. And this is how upset you are. This is how much you are screaming and fighting and struggling. I'd say "welcome to our world", but you're not even here. It's just your imagination.

"I'm not privileged! I'm not entitled! Blah blah blah"

"Cool story, bro."

Actually, my greatest fear is to be falsely accused of rape or sexual assault, being arrested, losing my job and being forced to hire an attorney for a crime I did not commit. And having no recourse due to the fact that the person that accused me has no money.

But you know, my feelings being hurt sucks too.


We have something in common <3
Ever since I was a child I have had this instinctive urge for expansion and growth. To me, the function and duty of a quality human being is the sincere and honest development of one's potential. - Bruce Lee
QuanticHawk
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States32159 Posts
August 07 2013 20:25 GMT
#2515
On August 08 2013 05:07 RaspberrySC2 wrote:
I didn't say "privilege".

I'm just pointing out the possibility that the reason so many of you are so up in arms and terrified is the threat that now your personal feelings aren't placed higher than another's.

It reminds me of this thing I heard one time about how men's greatest fear about a date or casual sex scenario is having his feelings or ego hurt whereas a woman's is being raped or even murdered.

These imaginary scenarios that you are playing out in your minds with no real actual experience to base it off of resulting in the overflowing amounts of fear and outrage at the imagined situation makes me laugh, frankly. You're not even living it. You're just imagining it. And this is how upset you are. This is how much you are screaming and fighting and struggling. I'd say "welcome to our world", but you're not even here. It's just your imagination.

"I'm not privileged! I'm not entitled! Blah blah blah"

"Cool story, bro."


no you did not use the word, you just spelled out male privilege without saying it and are continuing to do so while not addressing anything

i dont even know what the rest of this post is about with imaginary scenarios and shit. what i do know is that you and fugs are hypocrites about consent, which is a very very basic feminist tenant. and more importantly, you two get so amazingly defensive any time someone criticizes anything you two say. busting out every single shitty arguing tactic possible it's incredible
PROFESSIONAL GAMER - SEND ME OFFERS TO JOIN YOUR TEAM - USA USA USA
packrat386
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States5077 Posts
August 07 2013 20:26 GMT
#2516
On August 08 2013 05:07 RaspberrySC2 wrote:
I didn't say "privilege".

I'm just pointing out the possibility that the reason so many of you are so up in arms and terrified is the threat that now your personal feelings aren't placed higher than another's.

It reminds me of this thing I heard one time about how men's greatest fear about a date or casual sex scenario is having his feelings or ego hurt whereas a woman's is being raped or even murdered.

These imaginary scenarios that you are playing out in your minds with no real actual experience to base it off of resulting in the overflowing amounts of fear and outrage at the imagined situation makes me laugh, frankly. You're not even living it. You're just imagining it. And this is how upset you are. This is how much you are screaming and fighting and struggling. I'd say "welcome to our world", but you're not even here. It's just your imagination.

"I'm not privileged! I'm not entitled! Blah blah blah"

"Cool story, bro."

I'm bisexual, is that enough for me to share your nonprivelegedness?

In all seriousness, I don't see why this is even relevant. KwarK says that transgendered people should make sure to get proper consent before having sex and your response is "but being transgendered is hard". The fact that your life is more difficult doesn't excuse you from ethics, so I don't know why people keep bringing it up.
dreaming of a sunny day
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
August 07 2013 20:28 GMT
#2517
On August 08 2013 05:07 RaspberrySC2 wrote:
I didn't say "privilege".

I'm just pointing out the possibility that the reason so many of you are so up in arms and terrified is the threat that now your personal feelings aren't placed higher than another's.

It reminds me of this thing I heard one time about how men's greatest fear about a date or casual sex scenario is having his feelings or ego hurt whereas a woman's is being raped or even murdered.

These imaginary scenarios that you are playing out in your minds with no real actual experience to base it off of resulting in the overflowing amounts of fear and outrage at the imagined situation makes me laugh, frankly. You're not even living it. You're just imagining it. And this is how upset you are. This is how much you are screaming and fighting and struggling. I'd say "welcome to our world", but you're not even here. It's just your imagination.

"I'm not privileged! I'm not entitled! Blah blah blah"

"Cool story, bro."

How do you know anything about my life? Where do you get off assuming that anyone who thinks differently than you has no experience with transgendered folk? Therein lies the error in your thinking, that inexperience or ignorance are the only ways that one can think differently than you.

And you might want to work on reading if you genuinely think anything I said resembles "I'm not privileged."
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
QuanticHawk
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States32159 Posts
August 07 2013 20:31 GMT
#2518
On August 08 2013 05:26 packrat386 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 08 2013 05:07 RaspberrySC2 wrote:
I didn't say "privilege".

I'm just pointing out the possibility that the reason so many of you are so up in arms and terrified is the threat that now your personal feelings aren't placed higher than another's.

It reminds me of this thing I heard one time about how men's greatest fear about a date or casual sex scenario is having his feelings or ego hurt whereas a woman's is being raped or even murdered.

These imaginary scenarios that you are playing out in your minds with no real actual experience to base it off of resulting in the overflowing amounts of fear and outrage at the imagined situation makes me laugh, frankly. You're not even living it. You're just imagining it. And this is how upset you are. This is how much you are screaming and fighting and struggling. I'd say "welcome to our world", but you're not even here. It's just your imagination.

"I'm not privileged! I'm not entitled! Blah blah blah"

"Cool story, bro."

I'm bisexual, is that enough for me to share your nonprivelegedness?

In all seriousness, I don't see why this is even relevant. KwarK says that transgendered people should make sure to get proper consent before having sex and your response is "but being transgendered is hard". The fact that your life is more difficult doesn't excuse you from ethics, so I don't know why people keep bringing it up.


Exactly. Maybe don't date until you find the gumption to be honest with people. Or if you're afraid of the person's reaction, tell a friend when you're planning to ask someone or something. There are so many other, non shitty ways to do this than what you are advocating.

It's a self fulfilling prophecy. Sleep with someone without telling them. Eventually come clean. Person flips the fuck out because they were deceived and it justifies it in this stupid little cycle
PROFESSIONAL GAMER - SEND ME OFFERS TO JOIN YOUR TEAM - USA USA USA
DoubleReed
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States4130 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-07 20:45:05
August 07 2013 20:44 GMT
#2519
Could someone summarize what the conversation is about? I'm lost.

Why does a transgendered person have to inform transgenderedness before having sex? I mean, I think that's weird, but that's just not what informed consent refers to. I don't have to inform people that I'm Jewish just in case they're an anti-Semite or something.
RaspberrySC2
Profile Joined November 2011
United States168 Posts
August 07 2013 20:45 GMT
#2520
Honestly?

I'm messing with you mostly. I like seeing you all squirm.

I have no interest in having sex with men who strike me as being sheltered and wouldn't be cool with who I am. I value myself more than that.

But maybe... just maybe, I'll give it a shot.

We're out there. WOOOoooOOoOOOOOOooooo~....

Seriously though. Y'all should be asking yourselves why you're so invested in this particular topic. It's not like you have personalities that are siren's calls to transsexuals. Relax, bros. The evil trannies looking to rape you don't know where you live. Even if we went and peered into a different home's window every night, it's pretty unlikely we'd be looking into yours.

This whole conversation about a hypothetical situation is absurd. It reminds me of people talking about how trannies just want to use women's restrooms because they're perverted and are looking to rape someone.

Keep letting your fearful imaginations override reality if you want, though. I know that this topic is super serious to you and a planet-wide policy of how to handle these decepticunts needs to be agreed upon as soon as possible. I, for one, salute you and your bravery as you face your internal fears and demons so that you may declare how the rest of us should live so that we can say "that's nice, dear" and decide how to live for ourselves.
Ever since I was a child I have had this instinctive urge for expansion and growth. To me, the function and duty of a quality human being is the sincere and honest development of one's potential. - Bruce Lee
Prev 1 124 125 126 127 128 149 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1036
RotterdaM536
TKL 221
SteadfastSC201
Rex114
CosmosSc2 27
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 536
ByuN 304
TKL 221
SteadfastSC 201
Rex 114
Codebar 28
CosmosSc2 27
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 41732
Shuttle 2464
Jaedong 1184
Horang2 832
Soulkey 500
Mini 423
Stork 359
EffOrt 359
Larva 275
Soma 251
[ Show more ]
BeSt 235
actioN 227
ZerO 196
Rush 196
Snow 173
Mong 146
Last 144
firebathero 141
Zeus 92
910 81
Mind 75
Free 74
Hyun 66
hero 48
Yoon 42
PianO 42
sorry 41
Sharp 39
JYJ 37
Shinee 36
Pusan 35
Shine 33
Bale 29
ToSsGirL 24
Hm[arnc] 23
Sexy 23
Aegong 20
HiyA 18
Terrorterran 13
scan(afreeca) 10
Rock 9
Sacsri 8
Noble 7
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4370
Dendi1276
canceldota81
Counter-Strike
fl0m1229
edward34
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King136
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes533
Lowko338
Other Games
gofns77620
singsing2320
olofmeister1027
B2W.Neo313
hiko299
DeMusliM223
Livibee176
Pyrionflax163
Liquid`VortiX104
QueenE64
Trikslyr63
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1403
Other Games
BasetradeTV195
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH150
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis1579
• Jankos1547
• TFBlade392
Other Games
• Shiphtur620
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 33m
The PondCast
20h 33m
INu's Battles
21h 33m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.