• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:15
CEST 16:15
KST 23:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8573 users

LGBT Rights and Gender Equality Thread - Page 120

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 118 119 120 121 122 149 Next
fugs
Profile Joined April 2012
United States135 Posts
August 04 2013 01:36 GMT
#2381
On August 04 2013 10:04 Darkwhite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2013 09:01 MidKnight wrote:
On August 04 2013 08:26 Seam wrote:
On August 04 2013 08:01 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:55 Snusmumriken wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:41 Iyerbeth wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:35 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:33 Iyerbeth wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:29 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:25 Iyerbeth wrote:
[quote]

Nope, but in that example the person had a problem with someone who in the past was promiscuous. It might weigh in on your decision of whether you want a long term relationship, or if it's something which has real impact now (in the example, it didn't) but if it's just you worrying about something for no reason, yeah.


It does have an impact though. Maybe to you it's worrying about something for no reason because you don't place any negative value on promiscuity, but that doesn't mean your value system is right.

While a promiscuous past isn't a dealbreaker for me, I certainly wouldn't hesitate to consider it a negative. I honestly can't see any rational way you can argue I have a phobia because of that. It seems like you're just trying to impose your value system on others and judge them accordingly (which isn't necessarily uncommon, but don't paint it as something it isn't).


In the example given it was specifically asked if a Christian viewing it as a dealbreaker with someone who is completely monogomous is a phobia. I didn't say you couldn't view it as negative (I specificially said otherwise) and I certainly didn't try to impose my value system on anyone. I have said repeatedly in this thread (literally, this is probably the 20th or so time) that I haven't even called anyone transphobic - with the exception of KwarK but I was upset and my name calling was obviously sarcastic. I certainly haven't judged anyone, so please don't make sure claims without good reason.


Sorry if I misread you then. I don't see how being christian is relevant though.

If you're an individual who doesn't want relations with someone who had a promiscuous past though, I don't see how that translates into a phobia. You did say those two examples "yes" both would be a phobia, when I fail to see how. They're a matter of personal preferences and values.


I didn't take the Christian point in to consideration as I wouldn't know how to having no real idea what it would mean, or if there could be some kind of standard response. I said the promiscuity one was a phobia in that instance, because the person knew their prospective partner was now completely monogomous. If someone is monogomous and you fear them cheating on you, that's an irrational fear. It probably has a rational basis, and I could understand someone being cautious about it, but the example was very specific in it's question which I read as thus:

"Person A wouldn't cheat. Person B knows person A wouldn't cheat. Person B fears person A will cheat. Is this rational?"

Edit:

On August 04 2013 07:38 Snusmumriken wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:16 Iyerbeth wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:13 Snusmumriken wrote:
On August 04 2013 06:58 Iyerbeth wrote:
[quote]

Yes, but both are.


Thanks for the answers. Correct me if Im wrong, but is this the gist of how you and others in this thread reason around phobias as it relates to sexual activity:

present physical or non-physical quality being a turnoff = not (necessarily) a phobia

quality that relates to the past (ie having the present quality of having had a certain quality in the past whether physical or non-physical) being a turnoff = always a phobia.

Would that be a fair summation? by non-physical I mean anything from political ideology to being presently promiscuous


I wouldn't be quite happy with that, but close enough. It's really about having an irrational fear of something because of a perceived piece of meta data.


ok thanks. Ill have to think about this. Intuitively I wouldnt categorically put anything and everything that deals with a persons past as phobia.

Hmm... In order to actually exclude any possible physical argument, lets assume there is a braintransplant procedure and a transwoman has her brain put in a female body (xx chromosomes, uterus and the rest). Mr Bean then meets this hot chick and wants to bang, but once her past is shared he feels turned off. Is that a phobia? Its does seem irrational, is that enough for it to be a phobia?


I would say probably, but it needn't necessarily be a transphobia.


You read the christian example correctly. It wasnt a great analogy either, its really hard to completely lock down every possibility in hypotheticals :/

Im still not sure if simply being irrational in their sexual preferences is enough for someone to be having a phobia. For me there would have to be irrational fear and/or disgust involved. Ill think about this a bit more though.

Lets assume Mr Bean is dating a beautiful woman. She has told him she has AIS (ie she is xy) and he knows all the implications. Hes allright with that, no problem. Eventually she finds out she actually doesnt have AIS but is transgender (lets assume she has amnesia so she actually didnt remember her past). She tells Mr Bean and he is turned off all of a sudden.

That, to me, is transphobia


What is AIS and the significance of it?

See when I hear things like homophobia or transphobia, I think at the very least you have to actually dislike someone because of the fact that they are homosexual or transsexual, maybe even go so far as thinking they are less human, deserve less rights, or want to commit hate crimes against them.

If you just aren't attracted to them, it just seems a matter of personal preferences that need not necessarily be motivated by irrational fears (although I won't deny it's possible that they could be, I won't say it's necessarily the case that they need be either).


I personally don't see anything wrong with simply not being attracted to anyone...
I'm trans. Some people wouldn't want to date someone who's trans, and that's fine.

Just like some people don't want to date someone who is a guy or girl. Some people don't want to date people with red hair, or green eyes.

Everyone has preferences, and I don't see what someone finds unattractive to be the same as a phobia.

I still think that if one wants to be a decent human being, they should try to think about the situation and try to change that about themselves rather than just relegate it to "that's my preference and that's good enough".


Before I jump to any conclusions, is this a correct interpretation?
- If you wish to have your penis surgically altered into a vagina and take hormones to alter your sexual characteristics, that's a rational preference which you are free to embrace
- If you do not want to have sex with a transsexual, you are not a decent human being unless you actively try to change your irrational preferences


It's a medical issue that's been well documented and studied so yes, just as rational as taking care of a cleft palate as it's unsightly and causes emotional distress. The surgery isn't necessary to everyone but it will make the person's life better which is why it's rational.

I really can not wrap my head around why people can't see trans women as just women and it confuses me as to why it's such a big problem.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
August 04 2013 01:42 GMT
#2382
On August 04 2013 10:36 fugs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2013 10:04 Darkwhite wrote:
On August 04 2013 09:01 MidKnight wrote:
On August 04 2013 08:26 Seam wrote:
On August 04 2013 08:01 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:55 Snusmumriken wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:41 Iyerbeth wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:35 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:33 Iyerbeth wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:29 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
[quote]

It does have an impact though. Maybe to you it's worrying about something for no reason because you don't place any negative value on promiscuity, but that doesn't mean your value system is right.

While a promiscuous past isn't a dealbreaker for me, I certainly wouldn't hesitate to consider it a negative. I honestly can't see any rational way you can argue I have a phobia because of that. It seems like you're just trying to impose your value system on others and judge them accordingly (which isn't necessarily uncommon, but don't paint it as something it isn't).


In the example given it was specifically asked if a Christian viewing it as a dealbreaker with someone who is completely monogomous is a phobia. I didn't say you couldn't view it as negative (I specificially said otherwise) and I certainly didn't try to impose my value system on anyone. I have said repeatedly in this thread (literally, this is probably the 20th or so time) that I haven't even called anyone transphobic - with the exception of KwarK but I was upset and my name calling was obviously sarcastic. I certainly haven't judged anyone, so please don't make sure claims without good reason.


Sorry if I misread you then. I don't see how being christian is relevant though.

If you're an individual who doesn't want relations with someone who had a promiscuous past though, I don't see how that translates into a phobia. You did say those two examples "yes" both would be a phobia, when I fail to see how. They're a matter of personal preferences and values.


I didn't take the Christian point in to consideration as I wouldn't know how to having no real idea what it would mean, or if there could be some kind of standard response. I said the promiscuity one was a phobia in that instance, because the person knew their prospective partner was now completely monogomous. If someone is monogomous and you fear them cheating on you, that's an irrational fear. It probably has a rational basis, and I could understand someone being cautious about it, but the example was very specific in it's question which I read as thus:

"Person A wouldn't cheat. Person B knows person A wouldn't cheat. Person B fears person A will cheat. Is this rational?"

Edit:

On August 04 2013 07:38 Snusmumriken wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:16 Iyerbeth wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:13 Snusmumriken wrote:
[quote]

Thanks for the answers. Correct me if Im wrong, but is this the gist of how you and others in this thread reason around phobias as it relates to sexual activity:

present physical or non-physical quality being a turnoff = not (necessarily) a phobia

quality that relates to the past (ie having the present quality of having had a certain quality in the past whether physical or non-physical) being a turnoff = always a phobia.

Would that be a fair summation? by non-physical I mean anything from political ideology to being presently promiscuous


I wouldn't be quite happy with that, but close enough. It's really about having an irrational fear of something because of a perceived piece of meta data.


ok thanks. Ill have to think about this. Intuitively I wouldnt categorically put anything and everything that deals with a persons past as phobia.

Hmm... In order to actually exclude any possible physical argument, lets assume there is a braintransplant procedure and a transwoman has her brain put in a female body (xx chromosomes, uterus and the rest). Mr Bean then meets this hot chick and wants to bang, but once her past is shared he feels turned off. Is that a phobia? Its does seem irrational, is that enough for it to be a phobia?


I would say probably, but it needn't necessarily be a transphobia.


You read the christian example correctly. It wasnt a great analogy either, its really hard to completely lock down every possibility in hypotheticals :/

Im still not sure if simply being irrational in their sexual preferences is enough for someone to be having a phobia. For me there would have to be irrational fear and/or disgust involved. Ill think about this a bit more though.

Lets assume Mr Bean is dating a beautiful woman. She has told him she has AIS (ie she is xy) and he knows all the implications. Hes allright with that, no problem. Eventually she finds out she actually doesnt have AIS but is transgender (lets assume she has amnesia so she actually didnt remember her past). She tells Mr Bean and he is turned off all of a sudden.

That, to me, is transphobia


What is AIS and the significance of it?

See when I hear things like homophobia or transphobia, I think at the very least you have to actually dislike someone because of the fact that they are homosexual or transsexual, maybe even go so far as thinking they are less human, deserve less rights, or want to commit hate crimes against them.

If you just aren't attracted to them, it just seems a matter of personal preferences that need not necessarily be motivated by irrational fears (although I won't deny it's possible that they could be, I won't say it's necessarily the case that they need be either).


I personally don't see anything wrong with simply not being attracted to anyone...
I'm trans. Some people wouldn't want to date someone who's trans, and that's fine.

Just like some people don't want to date someone who is a guy or girl. Some people don't want to date people with red hair, or green eyes.

Everyone has preferences, and I don't see what someone finds unattractive to be the same as a phobia.

I still think that if one wants to be a decent human being, they should try to think about the situation and try to change that about themselves rather than just relegate it to "that's my preference and that's good enough".


Before I jump to any conclusions, is this a correct interpretation?
- If you wish to have your penis surgically altered into a vagina and take hormones to alter your sexual characteristics, that's a rational preference which you are free to embrace
- If you do not want to have sex with a transsexual, you are not a decent human being unless you actively try to change your irrational preferences


It's a medical issue that's been well documented and studied so yes, just as rational as taking care of a cleft palate as it's unsightly and causes emotional distress. The surgery isn't necessary to everyone but it will make the person's life better which is why it's rational.

I really can not wrap my head around why people can't see trans women as just women and it confuses me as to why it's such a big problem.

Well to be fair to everyone, I can wrap my head around the idea that someone can be born a man, but have their gender be a woman. But I have been told its true, seen it for personally and learn that even though I cannot imagine it myself, I accept that it is fact.

Much the same way you can't change, maybe they can't change either?
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
fugs
Profile Joined April 2012
United States135 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-04 01:50:57
August 04 2013 01:50 GMT
#2383
On August 04 2013 10:42 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2013 10:36 fugs wrote:
On August 04 2013 10:04 Darkwhite wrote:
On August 04 2013 09:01 MidKnight wrote:
On August 04 2013 08:26 Seam wrote:
On August 04 2013 08:01 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:55 Snusmumriken wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:41 Iyerbeth wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:35 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:33 Iyerbeth wrote:
[quote]

In the example given it was specifically asked if a Christian viewing it as a dealbreaker with someone who is completely monogomous is a phobia. I didn't say you couldn't view it as negative (I specificially said otherwise) and I certainly didn't try to impose my value system on anyone. I have said repeatedly in this thread (literally, this is probably the 20th or so time) that I haven't even called anyone transphobic - with the exception of KwarK but I was upset and my name calling was obviously sarcastic. I certainly haven't judged anyone, so please don't make sure claims without good reason.


Sorry if I misread you then. I don't see how being christian is relevant though.

If you're an individual who doesn't want relations with someone who had a promiscuous past though, I don't see how that translates into a phobia. You did say those two examples "yes" both would be a phobia, when I fail to see how. They're a matter of personal preferences and values.


I didn't take the Christian point in to consideration as I wouldn't know how to having no real idea what it would mean, or if there could be some kind of standard response. I said the promiscuity one was a phobia in that instance, because the person knew their prospective partner was now completely monogomous. If someone is monogomous and you fear them cheating on you, that's an irrational fear. It probably has a rational basis, and I could understand someone being cautious about it, but the example was very specific in it's question which I read as thus:

"Person A wouldn't cheat. Person B knows person A wouldn't cheat. Person B fears person A will cheat. Is this rational?"

Edit:

On August 04 2013 07:38 Snusmumriken wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:16 Iyerbeth wrote:
[quote]

I wouldn't be quite happy with that, but close enough. It's really about having an irrational fear of something because of a perceived piece of meta data.


ok thanks. Ill have to think about this. Intuitively I wouldnt categorically put anything and everything that deals with a persons past as phobia.

Hmm... In order to actually exclude any possible physical argument, lets assume there is a braintransplant procedure and a transwoman has her brain put in a female body (xx chromosomes, uterus and the rest). Mr Bean then meets this hot chick and wants to bang, but once her past is shared he feels turned off. Is that a phobia? Its does seem irrational, is that enough for it to be a phobia?


I would say probably, but it needn't necessarily be a transphobia.


You read the christian example correctly. It wasnt a great analogy either, its really hard to completely lock down every possibility in hypotheticals :/

Im still not sure if simply being irrational in their sexual preferences is enough for someone to be having a phobia. For me there would have to be irrational fear and/or disgust involved. Ill think about this a bit more though.

Lets assume Mr Bean is dating a beautiful woman. She has told him she has AIS (ie she is xy) and he knows all the implications. Hes allright with that, no problem. Eventually she finds out she actually doesnt have AIS but is transgender (lets assume she has amnesia so she actually didnt remember her past). She tells Mr Bean and he is turned off all of a sudden.

That, to me, is transphobia


What is AIS and the significance of it?

See when I hear things like homophobia or transphobia, I think at the very least you have to actually dislike someone because of the fact that they are homosexual or transsexual, maybe even go so far as thinking they are less human, deserve less rights, or want to commit hate crimes against them.

If you just aren't attracted to them, it just seems a matter of personal preferences that need not necessarily be motivated by irrational fears (although I won't deny it's possible that they could be, I won't say it's necessarily the case that they need be either).


I personally don't see anything wrong with simply not being attracted to anyone...
I'm trans. Some people wouldn't want to date someone who's trans, and that's fine.

Just like some people don't want to date someone who is a guy or girl. Some people don't want to date people with red hair, or green eyes.

Everyone has preferences, and I don't see what someone finds unattractive to be the same as a phobia.

I still think that if one wants to be a decent human being, they should try to think about the situation and try to change that about themselves rather than just relegate it to "that's my preference and that's good enough".


Before I jump to any conclusions, is this a correct interpretation?
- If you wish to have your penis surgically altered into a vagina and take hormones to alter your sexual characteristics, that's a rational preference which you are free to embrace
- If you do not want to have sex with a transsexual, you are not a decent human being unless you actively try to change your irrational preferences


It's a medical issue that's been well documented and studied so yes, just as rational as taking care of a cleft palate as it's unsightly and causes emotional distress. The surgery isn't necessary to everyone but it will make the person's life better which is why it's rational.

I really can not wrap my head around why people can't see trans women as just women and it confuses me as to why it's such a big problem.

Well to be fair to everyone, I can wrap my head around the idea that someone can be born a man, but have their gender be a woman. But I have been told its true, seen it for personally and learn that even though I cannot imagine it myself, I accept that it is fact.

Much the same way you can't change, maybe they can't change either?


Yeah but it's one of those things where information leads to a logical conclusion. Medical science says that transsexual people are the gender they say they are. Saying otherwise is like telling a bipolar person that they aren't seeing and hearing people that don't exist. You're saying the person is lying by using your own reality to substitute their own.

I understand people will be dicks and not be able to change but why's it any different than denying evolution? They can deny it all they want but they're still wrong.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
August 04 2013 02:03 GMT
#2384
Saying otherwise is like telling a bipolar person that they aren't seeing and hearing people that don't exist


No offense there, but unless bipolar disorder has a definition i don't know, they usually are not (:

Your point stands for other stuff though
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
August 04 2013 02:06 GMT
#2385
On August 04 2013 10:50 fugs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2013 10:42 Plansix wrote:
On August 04 2013 10:36 fugs wrote:
On August 04 2013 10:04 Darkwhite wrote:
On August 04 2013 09:01 MidKnight wrote:
On August 04 2013 08:26 Seam wrote:
On August 04 2013 08:01 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:55 Snusmumriken wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:41 Iyerbeth wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:35 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
[quote]

Sorry if I misread you then. I don't see how being christian is relevant though.

If you're an individual who doesn't want relations with someone who had a promiscuous past though, I don't see how that translates into a phobia. You did say those two examples "yes" both would be a phobia, when I fail to see how. They're a matter of personal preferences and values.


I didn't take the Christian point in to consideration as I wouldn't know how to having no real idea what it would mean, or if there could be some kind of standard response. I said the promiscuity one was a phobia in that instance, because the person knew their prospective partner was now completely monogomous. If someone is monogomous and you fear them cheating on you, that's an irrational fear. It probably has a rational basis, and I could understand someone being cautious about it, but the example was very specific in it's question which I read as thus:

"Person A wouldn't cheat. Person B knows person A wouldn't cheat. Person B fears person A will cheat. Is this rational?"

Edit:

On August 04 2013 07:38 Snusmumriken wrote:
[quote]

ok thanks. Ill have to think about this. Intuitively I wouldnt categorically put anything and everything that deals with a persons past as phobia.

Hmm... In order to actually exclude any possible physical argument, lets assume there is a braintransplant procedure and a transwoman has her brain put in a female body (xx chromosomes, uterus and the rest). Mr Bean then meets this hot chick and wants to bang, but once her past is shared he feels turned off. Is that a phobia? Its does seem irrational, is that enough for it to be a phobia?


I would say probably, but it needn't necessarily be a transphobia.


You read the christian example correctly. It wasnt a great analogy either, its really hard to completely lock down every possibility in hypotheticals :/

Im still not sure if simply being irrational in their sexual preferences is enough for someone to be having a phobia. For me there would have to be irrational fear and/or disgust involved. Ill think about this a bit more though.

Lets assume Mr Bean is dating a beautiful woman. She has told him she has AIS (ie she is xy) and he knows all the implications. Hes allright with that, no problem. Eventually she finds out she actually doesnt have AIS but is transgender (lets assume she has amnesia so she actually didnt remember her past). She tells Mr Bean and he is turned off all of a sudden.

That, to me, is transphobia


What is AIS and the significance of it?

See when I hear things like homophobia or transphobia, I think at the very least you have to actually dislike someone because of the fact that they are homosexual or transsexual, maybe even go so far as thinking they are less human, deserve less rights, or want to commit hate crimes against them.

If you just aren't attracted to them, it just seems a matter of personal preferences that need not necessarily be motivated by irrational fears (although I won't deny it's possible that they could be, I won't say it's necessarily the case that they need be either).


I personally don't see anything wrong with simply not being attracted to anyone...
I'm trans. Some people wouldn't want to date someone who's trans, and that's fine.

Just like some people don't want to date someone who is a guy or girl. Some people don't want to date people with red hair, or green eyes.

Everyone has preferences, and I don't see what someone finds unattractive to be the same as a phobia.

I still think that if one wants to be a decent human being, they should try to think about the situation and try to change that about themselves rather than just relegate it to "that's my preference and that's good enough".


Before I jump to any conclusions, is this a correct interpretation?
- If you wish to have your penis surgically altered into a vagina and take hormones to alter your sexual characteristics, that's a rational preference which you are free to embrace
- If you do not want to have sex with a transsexual, you are not a decent human being unless you actively try to change your irrational preferences


It's a medical issue that's been well documented and studied so yes, just as rational as taking care of a cleft palate as it's unsightly and causes emotional distress. The surgery isn't necessary to everyone but it will make the person's life better which is why it's rational.

I really can not wrap my head around why people can't see trans women as just women and it confuses me as to why it's such a big problem.

Well to be fair to everyone, I can wrap my head around the idea that someone can be born a man, but have their gender be a woman. But I have been told its true, seen it for personally and learn that even though I cannot imagine it myself, I accept that it is fact.

Much the same way you can't change, maybe they can't change either?


Yeah but it's one of those things where information leads to a logical conclusion. Medical science says that transsexual people are the gender they say they are. Saying otherwise is like telling a bipolar person that they aren't seeing and hearing people that don't exist. You're saying the person is lying by using your own reality to substitute their own.

I understand people will be dicks and not be able to change but why's it any different than denying evolution? They can deny it all they want but they're still wrong.

It sounds like you have accepted it and know it is true. It may not be the case for someone else other people and they may not be able to change their minds. I can't will myself to become attracted to a woman that I am not, regardless of the reason. I have ex girlfriends that I was attracted to at one point, but now I would not be due to knowledge of who they are. No amount of will power or understanding is going to change that.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
fugs
Profile Joined April 2012
United States135 Posts
August 04 2013 02:07 GMT
#2386
On August 04 2013 11:03 Cyro wrote:
Show nested quote +
Saying otherwise is like telling a bipolar person that they aren't seeing and hearing people that don't exist


No offense there, but unless bipolar disorder has a definition i don't know, they usually are not (:

Your point stands for other stuff though


Oh sorry, I have bipolar and there are times when I'll hallucinate. It only happens during really bad depression though, otherwise it's just voices. I know they aren't real but you can't tell me that I'm not hearing or seeing them because I am which is the point I was trying to get across if that makes any sense.
fugs
Profile Joined April 2012
United States135 Posts
August 04 2013 02:10 GMT
#2387
On August 04 2013 11:06 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2013 10:50 fugs wrote:
On August 04 2013 10:42 Plansix wrote:
On August 04 2013 10:36 fugs wrote:
On August 04 2013 10:04 Darkwhite wrote:
On August 04 2013 09:01 MidKnight wrote:
On August 04 2013 08:26 Seam wrote:
On August 04 2013 08:01 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:55 Snusmumriken wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:41 Iyerbeth wrote:
[quote]

I didn't take the Christian point in to consideration as I wouldn't know how to having no real idea what it would mean, or if there could be some kind of standard response. I said the promiscuity one was a phobia in that instance, because the person knew their prospective partner was now completely monogomous. If someone is monogomous and you fear them cheating on you, that's an irrational fear. It probably has a rational basis, and I could understand someone being cautious about it, but the example was very specific in it's question which I read as thus:

"Person A wouldn't cheat. Person B knows person A wouldn't cheat. Person B fears person A will cheat. Is this rational?"

Edit:

[quote]

I would say probably, but it needn't necessarily be a transphobia.


You read the christian example correctly. It wasnt a great analogy either, its really hard to completely lock down every possibility in hypotheticals :/

Im still not sure if simply being irrational in their sexual preferences is enough for someone to be having a phobia. For me there would have to be irrational fear and/or disgust involved. Ill think about this a bit more though.

Lets assume Mr Bean is dating a beautiful woman. She has told him she has AIS (ie she is xy) and he knows all the implications. Hes allright with that, no problem. Eventually she finds out she actually doesnt have AIS but is transgender (lets assume she has amnesia so she actually didnt remember her past). She tells Mr Bean and he is turned off all of a sudden.

That, to me, is transphobia


What is AIS and the significance of it?

See when I hear things like homophobia or transphobia, I think at the very least you have to actually dislike someone because of the fact that they are homosexual or transsexual, maybe even go so far as thinking they are less human, deserve less rights, or want to commit hate crimes against them.

If you just aren't attracted to them, it just seems a matter of personal preferences that need not necessarily be motivated by irrational fears (although I won't deny it's possible that they could be, I won't say it's necessarily the case that they need be either).


I personally don't see anything wrong with simply not being attracted to anyone...
I'm trans. Some people wouldn't want to date someone who's trans, and that's fine.

Just like some people don't want to date someone who is a guy or girl. Some people don't want to date people with red hair, or green eyes.

Everyone has preferences, and I don't see what someone finds unattractive to be the same as a phobia.

I still think that if one wants to be a decent human being, they should try to think about the situation and try to change that about themselves rather than just relegate it to "that's my preference and that's good enough".


Before I jump to any conclusions, is this a correct interpretation?
- If you wish to have your penis surgically altered into a vagina and take hormones to alter your sexual characteristics, that's a rational preference which you are free to embrace
- If you do not want to have sex with a transsexual, you are not a decent human being unless you actively try to change your irrational preferences


It's a medical issue that's been well documented and studied so yes, just as rational as taking care of a cleft palate as it's unsightly and causes emotional distress. The surgery isn't necessary to everyone but it will make the person's life better which is why it's rational.

I really can not wrap my head around why people can't see trans women as just women and it confuses me as to why it's such a big problem.

Well to be fair to everyone, I can wrap my head around the idea that someone can be born a man, but have their gender be a woman. But I have been told its true, seen it for personally and learn that even though I cannot imagine it myself, I accept that it is fact.

Much the same way you can't change, maybe they can't change either?


Yeah but it's one of those things where information leads to a logical conclusion. Medical science says that transsexual people are the gender they say they are. Saying otherwise is like telling a bipolar person that they aren't seeing and hearing people that don't exist. You're saying the person is lying by using your own reality to substitute their own.

I understand people will be dicks and not be able to change but why's it any different than denying evolution? They can deny it all they want but they're still wrong.

It sounds like you have accepted it and know it is true. It may not be the case for someone else other people and they may not be able to change their minds. I can't will myself to become attracted to a woman that I am not, regardless of the reason. I have ex girlfriends that I was attracted to at one point, but now I would not be due to knowledge of who they are. No amount of will power or understanding is going to change that.


I'm not saying you should be attracted to them just that they're women. I don't think it's fair that being trans is a deal breaker but I guess I have to accept the fact that people see it that way.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
August 04 2013 02:10 GMT
#2388
On August 04 2013 11:07 fugs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2013 11:03 Cyro wrote:
Saying otherwise is like telling a bipolar person that they aren't seeing and hearing people that don't exist


No offense there, but unless bipolar disorder has a definition i don't know, they usually are not (:

Your point stands for other stuff though


Oh sorry, I have bipolar and there are times when I'll hallucinate. It only happens during really bad depression though, otherwise it's just voices. I know they aren't real but you can't tell me that I'm not hearing or seeing them because I am which is the point I was trying to get across if that makes any sense.


Ok then, sorry for that. I was close friends with a few bipolar people and read a lot about it, don't think hallucinations are common
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
fugs
Profile Joined April 2012
United States135 Posts
August 04 2013 02:15 GMT
#2389
On August 04 2013 11:10 Cyro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2013 11:07 fugs wrote:
On August 04 2013 11:03 Cyro wrote:
Saying otherwise is like telling a bipolar person that they aren't seeing and hearing people that don't exist


No offense there, but unless bipolar disorder has a definition i don't know, they usually are not (:

Your point stands for other stuff though


Oh sorry, I have bipolar and there are times when I'll hallucinate. It only happens during really bad depression though, otherwise it's just voices. I know they aren't real but you can't tell me that I'm not hearing or seeing them because I am which is the point I was trying to get across if that makes any sense.


Ok then, sorry for that. I was close friends with a few bipolar people and read a lot about it, don't think hallucinations are common


No need to be sorry :p It happens to some people with major depressive disorder too, maybe it's just something about severe depression. Idk, I'm not a doctor. Though I'm probably wrong and I could just be crazy you never know~
Papulatus
Profile Joined July 2010
United States669 Posts
August 04 2013 02:23 GMT
#2390
On August 04 2013 11:10 fugs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2013 11:06 Plansix wrote:
On August 04 2013 10:50 fugs wrote:
On August 04 2013 10:42 Plansix wrote:
On August 04 2013 10:36 fugs wrote:
On August 04 2013 10:04 Darkwhite wrote:
On August 04 2013 09:01 MidKnight wrote:
On August 04 2013 08:26 Seam wrote:
On August 04 2013 08:01 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:55 Snusmumriken wrote:
[quote]

You read the christian example correctly. It wasnt a great analogy either, its really hard to completely lock down every possibility in hypotheticals :/

Im still not sure if simply being irrational in their sexual preferences is enough for someone to be having a phobia. For me there would have to be irrational fear and/or disgust involved. Ill think about this a bit more though.

Lets assume Mr Bean is dating a beautiful woman. She has told him she has AIS (ie she is xy) and he knows all the implications. Hes allright with that, no problem. Eventually she finds out she actually doesnt have AIS but is transgender (lets assume she has amnesia so she actually didnt remember her past). She tells Mr Bean and he is turned off all of a sudden.

That, to me, is transphobia


What is AIS and the significance of it?

See when I hear things like homophobia or transphobia, I think at the very least you have to actually dislike someone because of the fact that they are homosexual or transsexual, maybe even go so far as thinking they are less human, deserve less rights, or want to commit hate crimes against them.

If you just aren't attracted to them, it just seems a matter of personal preferences that need not necessarily be motivated by irrational fears (although I won't deny it's possible that they could be, I won't say it's necessarily the case that they need be either).


I personally don't see anything wrong with simply not being attracted to anyone...
I'm trans. Some people wouldn't want to date someone who's trans, and that's fine.

Just like some people don't want to date someone who is a guy or girl. Some people don't want to date people with red hair, or green eyes.

Everyone has preferences, and I don't see what someone finds unattractive to be the same as a phobia.

I still think that if one wants to be a decent human being, they should try to think about the situation and try to change that about themselves rather than just relegate it to "that's my preference and that's good enough".


Before I jump to any conclusions, is this a correct interpretation?
- If you wish to have your penis surgically altered into a vagina and take hormones to alter your sexual characteristics, that's a rational preference which you are free to embrace
- If you do not want to have sex with a transsexual, you are not a decent human being unless you actively try to change your irrational preferences


It's a medical issue that's been well documented and studied so yes, just as rational as taking care of a cleft palate as it's unsightly and causes emotional distress. The surgery isn't necessary to everyone but it will make the person's life better which is why it's rational.

I really can not wrap my head around why people can't see trans women as just women and it confuses me as to why it's such a big problem.

Well to be fair to everyone, I can wrap my head around the idea that someone can be born a man, but have their gender be a woman. But I have been told its true, seen it for personally and learn that even though I cannot imagine it myself, I accept that it is fact.

Much the same way you can't change, maybe they can't change either?


Yeah but it's one of those things where information leads to a logical conclusion. Medical science says that transsexual people are the gender they say they are. Saying otherwise is like telling a bipolar person that they aren't seeing and hearing people that don't exist. You're saying the person is lying by using your own reality to substitute their own.

I understand people will be dicks and not be able to change but why's it any different than denying evolution? They can deny it all they want but they're still wrong.

It sounds like you have accepted it and know it is true. It may not be the case for someone else other people and they may not be able to change their minds. I can't will myself to become attracted to a woman that I am not, regardless of the reason. I have ex girlfriends that I was attracted to at one point, but now I would not be due to knowledge of who they are. No amount of will power or understanding is going to change that.


I'm not saying you should be attracted to them just that they're women. I don't think it's fair that being trans is a deal breaker but I guess I have to accept the fact that people see it that way.


It doesn't matter what you want to be true. What you want to be true and what isn't true are different things

I am not attracted to trans women in the way I am attracted to a born women. This will never change no matter the scientific knowledge and data that is available to me. It doesn't make me "transphobic." The fact that you can't wrap your head around how someone can't consider a trans women to be just women shows at least a small amount of narrow mindedness on your part.

I accept the science that shows that trans people are the gender they identify with, regardless of their physical make, but I just can't help but see trans men and women differently than born men and women. I have a very close friend who is MtF trans, and I still have a difficult time relating to her or treating her like I would a normal women friend. I still see her in the way I saw her 5 years ago as a guy friend. I try my best to see her as a women but it's impossible for me.
4 Corners in a day.
fugs
Profile Joined April 2012
United States135 Posts
August 04 2013 02:34 GMT
#2391
On August 04 2013 11:23 Papulatus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2013 11:10 fugs wrote:
On August 04 2013 11:06 Plansix wrote:
On August 04 2013 10:50 fugs wrote:
On August 04 2013 10:42 Plansix wrote:
On August 04 2013 10:36 fugs wrote:
On August 04 2013 10:04 Darkwhite wrote:
On August 04 2013 09:01 MidKnight wrote:
On August 04 2013 08:26 Seam wrote:
On August 04 2013 08:01 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
[quote]

What is AIS and the significance of it?

See when I hear things like homophobia or transphobia, I think at the very least you have to actually dislike someone because of the fact that they are homosexual or transsexual, maybe even go so far as thinking they are less human, deserve less rights, or want to commit hate crimes against them.

If you just aren't attracted to them, it just seems a matter of personal preferences that need not necessarily be motivated by irrational fears (although I won't deny it's possible that they could be, I won't say it's necessarily the case that they need be either).


I personally don't see anything wrong with simply not being attracted to anyone...
I'm trans. Some people wouldn't want to date someone who's trans, and that's fine.

Just like some people don't want to date someone who is a guy or girl. Some people don't want to date people with red hair, or green eyes.

Everyone has preferences, and I don't see what someone finds unattractive to be the same as a phobia.

I still think that if one wants to be a decent human being, they should try to think about the situation and try to change that about themselves rather than just relegate it to "that's my preference and that's good enough".


Before I jump to any conclusions, is this a correct interpretation?
- If you wish to have your penis surgically altered into a vagina and take hormones to alter your sexual characteristics, that's a rational preference which you are free to embrace
- If you do not want to have sex with a transsexual, you are not a decent human being unless you actively try to change your irrational preferences


It's a medical issue that's been well documented and studied so yes, just as rational as taking care of a cleft palate as it's unsightly and causes emotional distress. The surgery isn't necessary to everyone but it will make the person's life better which is why it's rational.

I really can not wrap my head around why people can't see trans women as just women and it confuses me as to why it's such a big problem.

Well to be fair to everyone, I can wrap my head around the idea that someone can be born a man, but have their gender be a woman. But I have been told its true, seen it for personally and learn that even though I cannot imagine it myself, I accept that it is fact.

Much the same way you can't change, maybe they can't change either?


Yeah but it's one of those things where information leads to a logical conclusion. Medical science says that transsexual people are the gender they say they are. Saying otherwise is like telling a bipolar person that they aren't seeing and hearing people that don't exist. You're saying the person is lying by using your own reality to substitute their own.

I understand people will be dicks and not be able to change but why's it any different than denying evolution? They can deny it all they want but they're still wrong.

It sounds like you have accepted it and know it is true. It may not be the case for someone else other people and they may not be able to change their minds. I can't will myself to become attracted to a woman that I am not, regardless of the reason. I have ex girlfriends that I was attracted to at one point, but now I would not be due to knowledge of who they are. No amount of will power or understanding is going to change that.


I'm not saying you should be attracted to them just that they're women. I don't think it's fair that being trans is a deal breaker but I guess I have to accept the fact that people see it that way.


It doesn't matter what you want to be true. What you want to be true and what isn't true are different things

I am not attracted to trans women in the way I am attracted to a born women. This will never change no matter the scientific knowledge and data that is available to me. It doesn't make me "transphobic." The fact that you can't wrap your head around how someone can't consider a trans women to be just women shows at least a small amount of narrow mindedness on your part.

I accept the science that shows that trans people are the gender they identify with, regardless of their physical make, but I just can't help but see trans men and women differently than born men and women. I have a very close friend who is MtF trans, and I still have a difficult time relating to her or treating her like I would a normal women friend. I still see her in the way I saw her 5 years ago as a guy friend. I try my best to see her as a women but it's impossible for me.


That's your hangup but just because you think that way doesn't make it right. You being stuck in her past is your inability to let go and it's really not fair to her. No matter how tolerant you're attempting to act it's still tainted. I think there's a difference between being tolerant and accepting. You can tolerate that trans people exist without accepting them as real women. Tolerate all you want but it doesn't make you an open minded or better individual for doing so ^,^
GGTeMpLaR
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States7226 Posts
August 04 2013 02:34 GMT
#2392
On August 04 2013 10:36 fugs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2013 10:04 Darkwhite wrote:
On August 04 2013 09:01 MidKnight wrote:
On August 04 2013 08:26 Seam wrote:
On August 04 2013 08:01 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:55 Snusmumriken wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:41 Iyerbeth wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:35 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:33 Iyerbeth wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:29 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
[quote]

It does have an impact though. Maybe to you it's worrying about something for no reason because you don't place any negative value on promiscuity, but that doesn't mean your value system is right.

While a promiscuous past isn't a dealbreaker for me, I certainly wouldn't hesitate to consider it a negative. I honestly can't see any rational way you can argue I have a phobia because of that. It seems like you're just trying to impose your value system on others and judge them accordingly (which isn't necessarily uncommon, but don't paint it as something it isn't).


In the example given it was specifically asked if a Christian viewing it as a dealbreaker with someone who is completely monogomous is a phobia. I didn't say you couldn't view it as negative (I specificially said otherwise) and I certainly didn't try to impose my value system on anyone. I have said repeatedly in this thread (literally, this is probably the 20th or so time) that I haven't even called anyone transphobic - with the exception of KwarK but I was upset and my name calling was obviously sarcastic. I certainly haven't judged anyone, so please don't make sure claims without good reason.


Sorry if I misread you then. I don't see how being christian is relevant though.

If you're an individual who doesn't want relations with someone who had a promiscuous past though, I don't see how that translates into a phobia. You did say those two examples "yes" both would be a phobia, when I fail to see how. They're a matter of personal preferences and values.


I didn't take the Christian point in to consideration as I wouldn't know how to having no real idea what it would mean, or if there could be some kind of standard response. I said the promiscuity one was a phobia in that instance, because the person knew their prospective partner was now completely monogomous. If someone is monogomous and you fear them cheating on you, that's an irrational fear. It probably has a rational basis, and I could understand someone being cautious about it, but the example was very specific in it's question which I read as thus:

"Person A wouldn't cheat. Person B knows person A wouldn't cheat. Person B fears person A will cheat. Is this rational?"

Edit:

On August 04 2013 07:38 Snusmumriken wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:16 Iyerbeth wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:13 Snusmumriken wrote:
[quote]

Thanks for the answers. Correct me if Im wrong, but is this the gist of how you and others in this thread reason around phobias as it relates to sexual activity:

present physical or non-physical quality being a turnoff = not (necessarily) a phobia

quality that relates to the past (ie having the present quality of having had a certain quality in the past whether physical or non-physical) being a turnoff = always a phobia.

Would that be a fair summation? by non-physical I mean anything from political ideology to being presently promiscuous


I wouldn't be quite happy with that, but close enough. It's really about having an irrational fear of something because of a perceived piece of meta data.


ok thanks. Ill have to think about this. Intuitively I wouldnt categorically put anything and everything that deals with a persons past as phobia.

Hmm... In order to actually exclude any possible physical argument, lets assume there is a braintransplant procedure and a transwoman has her brain put in a female body (xx chromosomes, uterus and the rest). Mr Bean then meets this hot chick and wants to bang, but once her past is shared he feels turned off. Is that a phobia? Its does seem irrational, is that enough for it to be a phobia?


I would say probably, but it needn't necessarily be a transphobia.


You read the christian example correctly. It wasnt a great analogy either, its really hard to completely lock down every possibility in hypotheticals :/

Im still not sure if simply being irrational in their sexual preferences is enough for someone to be having a phobia. For me there would have to be irrational fear and/or disgust involved. Ill think about this a bit more though.

Lets assume Mr Bean is dating a beautiful woman. She has told him she has AIS (ie she is xy) and he knows all the implications. Hes allright with that, no problem. Eventually she finds out she actually doesnt have AIS but is transgender (lets assume she has amnesia so she actually didnt remember her past). She tells Mr Bean and he is turned off all of a sudden.

That, to me, is transphobia


What is AIS and the significance of it?

See when I hear things like homophobia or transphobia, I think at the very least you have to actually dislike someone because of the fact that they are homosexual or transsexual, maybe even go so far as thinking they are less human, deserve less rights, or want to commit hate crimes against them.

If you just aren't attracted to them, it just seems a matter of personal preferences that need not necessarily be motivated by irrational fears (although I won't deny it's possible that they could be, I won't say it's necessarily the case that they need be either).


I personally don't see anything wrong with simply not being attracted to anyone...
I'm trans. Some people wouldn't want to date someone who's trans, and that's fine.

Just like some people don't want to date someone who is a guy or girl. Some people don't want to date people with red hair, or green eyes.

Everyone has preferences, and I don't see what someone finds unattractive to be the same as a phobia.

I still think that if one wants to be a decent human being, they should try to think about the situation and try to change that about themselves rather than just relegate it to "that's my preference and that's good enough".


Before I jump to any conclusions, is this a correct interpretation?
- If you wish to have your penis surgically altered into a vagina and take hormones to alter your sexual characteristics, that's a rational preference which you are free to embrace
- If you do not want to have sex with a transsexual, you are not a decent human being unless you actively try to change your irrational preferences


It's a medical issue that's been well documented and studied so yes, just as rational as taking care of a cleft palate as it's unsightly and causes emotional distress. The surgery isn't necessary to everyone but it will make the person's life better which is why it's rational.

I really can not wrap my head around why people can't see trans women as just women and it confuses me as to why it's such a big problem.


It's not like people aren't picky about everything else when it comes to finding a partner, I don't know why this particular thing bothers you so much.
fugs
Profile Joined April 2012
United States135 Posts
August 04 2013 02:37 GMT
#2393
On August 04 2013 11:34 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2013 10:36 fugs wrote:
On August 04 2013 10:04 Darkwhite wrote:
On August 04 2013 09:01 MidKnight wrote:
On August 04 2013 08:26 Seam wrote:
On August 04 2013 08:01 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:55 Snusmumriken wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:41 Iyerbeth wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:35 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:33 Iyerbeth wrote:
[quote]

In the example given it was specifically asked if a Christian viewing it as a dealbreaker with someone who is completely monogomous is a phobia. I didn't say you couldn't view it as negative (I specificially said otherwise) and I certainly didn't try to impose my value system on anyone. I have said repeatedly in this thread (literally, this is probably the 20th or so time) that I haven't even called anyone transphobic - with the exception of KwarK but I was upset and my name calling was obviously sarcastic. I certainly haven't judged anyone, so please don't make sure claims without good reason.


Sorry if I misread you then. I don't see how being christian is relevant though.

If you're an individual who doesn't want relations with someone who had a promiscuous past though, I don't see how that translates into a phobia. You did say those two examples "yes" both would be a phobia, when I fail to see how. They're a matter of personal preferences and values.


I didn't take the Christian point in to consideration as I wouldn't know how to having no real idea what it would mean, or if there could be some kind of standard response. I said the promiscuity one was a phobia in that instance, because the person knew their prospective partner was now completely monogomous. If someone is monogomous and you fear them cheating on you, that's an irrational fear. It probably has a rational basis, and I could understand someone being cautious about it, but the example was very specific in it's question which I read as thus:

"Person A wouldn't cheat. Person B knows person A wouldn't cheat. Person B fears person A will cheat. Is this rational?"

Edit:

On August 04 2013 07:38 Snusmumriken wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:16 Iyerbeth wrote:
[quote]

I wouldn't be quite happy with that, but close enough. It's really about having an irrational fear of something because of a perceived piece of meta data.


ok thanks. Ill have to think about this. Intuitively I wouldnt categorically put anything and everything that deals with a persons past as phobia.

Hmm... In order to actually exclude any possible physical argument, lets assume there is a braintransplant procedure and a transwoman has her brain put in a female body (xx chromosomes, uterus and the rest). Mr Bean then meets this hot chick and wants to bang, but once her past is shared he feels turned off. Is that a phobia? Its does seem irrational, is that enough for it to be a phobia?


I would say probably, but it needn't necessarily be a transphobia.


You read the christian example correctly. It wasnt a great analogy either, its really hard to completely lock down every possibility in hypotheticals :/

Im still not sure if simply being irrational in their sexual preferences is enough for someone to be having a phobia. For me there would have to be irrational fear and/or disgust involved. Ill think about this a bit more though.

Lets assume Mr Bean is dating a beautiful woman. She has told him she has AIS (ie she is xy) and he knows all the implications. Hes allright with that, no problem. Eventually she finds out she actually doesnt have AIS but is transgender (lets assume she has amnesia so she actually didnt remember her past). She tells Mr Bean and he is turned off all of a sudden.

That, to me, is transphobia


What is AIS and the significance of it?

See when I hear things like homophobia or transphobia, I think at the very least you have to actually dislike someone because of the fact that they are homosexual or transsexual, maybe even go so far as thinking they are less human, deserve less rights, or want to commit hate crimes against them.

If you just aren't attracted to them, it just seems a matter of personal preferences that need not necessarily be motivated by irrational fears (although I won't deny it's possible that they could be, I won't say it's necessarily the case that they need be either).


I personally don't see anything wrong with simply not being attracted to anyone...
I'm trans. Some people wouldn't want to date someone who's trans, and that's fine.

Just like some people don't want to date someone who is a guy or girl. Some people don't want to date people with red hair, or green eyes.

Everyone has preferences, and I don't see what someone finds unattractive to be the same as a phobia.

I still think that if one wants to be a decent human being, they should try to think about the situation and try to change that about themselves rather than just relegate it to "that's my preference and that's good enough".


Before I jump to any conclusions, is this a correct interpretation?
- If you wish to have your penis surgically altered into a vagina and take hormones to alter your sexual characteristics, that's a rational preference which you are free to embrace
- If you do not want to have sex with a transsexual, you are not a decent human being unless you actively try to change your irrational preferences


It's a medical issue that's been well documented and studied so yes, just as rational as taking care of a cleft palate as it's unsightly and causes emotional distress. The surgery isn't necessary to everyone but it will make the person's life better which is why it's rational.

I really can not wrap my head around why people can't see trans women as just women and it confuses me as to why it's such a big problem.


It's not like people aren't picky about everything else when it comes to finding a partner, I don't know why this particular thing bothers you so much.


Just because people are picky doesn't mean I can't be bothered by what they're picky about.
Darkwhite
Profile Joined June 2007
Norway355 Posts
August 04 2013 02:54 GMT
#2394
On August 04 2013 10:36 fugs wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2013 10:04 Darkwhite wrote:
On August 04 2013 09:01 MidKnight wrote:
On August 04 2013 08:26 Seam wrote:
On August 04 2013 08:01 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:55 Snusmumriken wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:41 Iyerbeth wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:35 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:33 Iyerbeth wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:29 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
[quote]

It does have an impact though. Maybe to you it's worrying about something for no reason because you don't place any negative value on promiscuity, but that doesn't mean your value system is right.

While a promiscuous past isn't a dealbreaker for me, I certainly wouldn't hesitate to consider it a negative. I honestly can't see any rational way you can argue I have a phobia because of that. It seems like you're just trying to impose your value system on others and judge them accordingly (which isn't necessarily uncommon, but don't paint it as something it isn't).


In the example given it was specifically asked if a Christian viewing it as a dealbreaker with someone who is completely monogomous is a phobia. I didn't say you couldn't view it as negative (I specificially said otherwise) and I certainly didn't try to impose my value system on anyone. I have said repeatedly in this thread (literally, this is probably the 20th or so time) that I haven't even called anyone transphobic - with the exception of KwarK but I was upset and my name calling was obviously sarcastic. I certainly haven't judged anyone, so please don't make sure claims without good reason.


Sorry if I misread you then. I don't see how being christian is relevant though.

If you're an individual who doesn't want relations with someone who had a promiscuous past though, I don't see how that translates into a phobia. You did say those two examples "yes" both would be a phobia, when I fail to see how. They're a matter of personal preferences and values.


I didn't take the Christian point in to consideration as I wouldn't know how to having no real idea what it would mean, or if there could be some kind of standard response. I said the promiscuity one was a phobia in that instance, because the person knew their prospective partner was now completely monogomous. If someone is monogomous and you fear them cheating on you, that's an irrational fear. It probably has a rational basis, and I could understand someone being cautious about it, but the example was very specific in it's question which I read as thus:

"Person A wouldn't cheat. Person B knows person A wouldn't cheat. Person B fears person A will cheat. Is this rational?"

Edit:

On August 04 2013 07:38 Snusmumriken wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:16 Iyerbeth wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:13 Snusmumriken wrote:
[quote]

Thanks for the answers. Correct me if Im wrong, but is this the gist of how you and others in this thread reason around phobias as it relates to sexual activity:

present physical or non-physical quality being a turnoff = not (necessarily) a phobia

quality that relates to the past (ie having the present quality of having had a certain quality in the past whether physical or non-physical) being a turnoff = always a phobia.

Would that be a fair summation? by non-physical I mean anything from political ideology to being presently promiscuous


I wouldn't be quite happy with that, but close enough. It's really about having an irrational fear of something because of a perceived piece of meta data.


ok thanks. Ill have to think about this. Intuitively I wouldnt categorically put anything and everything that deals with a persons past as phobia.

Hmm... In order to actually exclude any possible physical argument, lets assume there is a braintransplant procedure and a transwoman has her brain put in a female body (xx chromosomes, uterus and the rest). Mr Bean then meets this hot chick and wants to bang, but once her past is shared he feels turned off. Is that a phobia? Its does seem irrational, is that enough for it to be a phobia?


I would say probably, but it needn't necessarily be a transphobia.


You read the christian example correctly. It wasnt a great analogy either, its really hard to completely lock down every possibility in hypotheticals :/

Im still not sure if simply being irrational in their sexual preferences is enough for someone to be having a phobia. For me there would have to be irrational fear and/or disgust involved. Ill think about this a bit more though.

Lets assume Mr Bean is dating a beautiful woman. She has told him she has AIS (ie she is xy) and he knows all the implications. Hes allright with that, no problem. Eventually she finds out she actually doesnt have AIS but is transgender (lets assume she has amnesia so she actually didnt remember her past). She tells Mr Bean and he is turned off all of a sudden.

That, to me, is transphobia


What is AIS and the significance of it?

See when I hear things like homophobia or transphobia, I think at the very least you have to actually dislike someone because of the fact that they are homosexual or transsexual, maybe even go so far as thinking they are less human, deserve less rights, or want to commit hate crimes against them.

If you just aren't attracted to them, it just seems a matter of personal preferences that need not necessarily be motivated by irrational fears (although I won't deny it's possible that they could be, I won't say it's necessarily the case that they need be either).


I personally don't see anything wrong with simply not being attracted to anyone...
I'm trans. Some people wouldn't want to date someone who's trans, and that's fine.

Just like some people don't want to date someone who is a guy or girl. Some people don't want to date people with red hair, or green eyes.

Everyone has preferences, and I don't see what someone finds unattractive to be the same as a phobia.

I still think that if one wants to be a decent human being, they should try to think about the situation and try to change that about themselves rather than just relegate it to "that's my preference and that's good enough".


Before I jump to any conclusions, is this a correct interpretation?
- If you wish to have your penis surgically altered into a vagina and take hormones to alter your sexual characteristics, that's a rational preference which you are free to embrace
- If you do not want to have sex with a transsexual, you are not a decent human being unless you actively try to change your irrational preferences


It's a medical issue that's been well documented and studied so yes, just as rational as taking care of a cleft palate as it's unsightly and causes emotional distress. The surgery isn't necessary to everyone but it will make the person's life better which is why it's rational.

I really can not wrap my head around why people can't see trans women as just women and it confuses me as to why it's such a big problem.


I am fine with people having any preference and acting on it however they want, short of impinging on other people's basic rights. I don't even think people need medical documentation to justify their preferences. If somebody tells me he enjoys getting spat in the eyes, I will respect that without further ado. I will not feel obliged to personally do any spitting.

The first part where there's a problem, is where somebody labels a preference as irrational and indecent. It is particularly ironic in this thread, where people should know the problems with people thinking they have the right to police other people's sexual lives.

The second part where there's a problem, is where you try to dictate what sort of distinctions I am allowed to care about and demand that I use the same word for two things I consider conceptually different. I reserve the right to draw a distinction between natural born women and male to female transsexuals if this seems meaningful to me, regardless of how meaningless you might find it.

I do not want to violate anybody's basic rights based on this distinction, nor do I suggest that the law should differentiate on this basis.
Darker than the sun's light; much stiller than the storm - slower than the lightning; just like the winter warm.
fugs
Profile Joined April 2012
United States135 Posts
August 04 2013 03:02 GMT
#2395
On August 04 2013 11:54 Darkwhite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2013 10:36 fugs wrote:
On August 04 2013 10:04 Darkwhite wrote:
On August 04 2013 09:01 MidKnight wrote:
On August 04 2013 08:26 Seam wrote:
On August 04 2013 08:01 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:55 Snusmumriken wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:41 Iyerbeth wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:35 GGTeMpLaR wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:33 Iyerbeth wrote:
[quote]

In the example given it was specifically asked if a Christian viewing it as a dealbreaker with someone who is completely monogomous is a phobia. I didn't say you couldn't view it as negative (I specificially said otherwise) and I certainly didn't try to impose my value system on anyone. I have said repeatedly in this thread (literally, this is probably the 20th or so time) that I haven't even called anyone transphobic - with the exception of KwarK but I was upset and my name calling was obviously sarcastic. I certainly haven't judged anyone, so please don't make sure claims without good reason.


Sorry if I misread you then. I don't see how being christian is relevant though.

If you're an individual who doesn't want relations with someone who had a promiscuous past though, I don't see how that translates into a phobia. You did say those two examples "yes" both would be a phobia, when I fail to see how. They're a matter of personal preferences and values.


I didn't take the Christian point in to consideration as I wouldn't know how to having no real idea what it would mean, or if there could be some kind of standard response. I said the promiscuity one was a phobia in that instance, because the person knew their prospective partner was now completely monogomous. If someone is monogomous and you fear them cheating on you, that's an irrational fear. It probably has a rational basis, and I could understand someone being cautious about it, but the example was very specific in it's question which I read as thus:

"Person A wouldn't cheat. Person B knows person A wouldn't cheat. Person B fears person A will cheat. Is this rational?"

Edit:

On August 04 2013 07:38 Snusmumriken wrote:
On August 04 2013 07:16 Iyerbeth wrote:
[quote]

I wouldn't be quite happy with that, but close enough. It's really about having an irrational fear of something because of a perceived piece of meta data.


ok thanks. Ill have to think about this. Intuitively I wouldnt categorically put anything and everything that deals with a persons past as phobia.

Hmm... In order to actually exclude any possible physical argument, lets assume there is a braintransplant procedure and a transwoman has her brain put in a female body (xx chromosomes, uterus and the rest). Mr Bean then meets this hot chick and wants to bang, but once her past is shared he feels turned off. Is that a phobia? Its does seem irrational, is that enough for it to be a phobia?


I would say probably, but it needn't necessarily be a transphobia.


You read the christian example correctly. It wasnt a great analogy either, its really hard to completely lock down every possibility in hypotheticals :/

Im still not sure if simply being irrational in their sexual preferences is enough for someone to be having a phobia. For me there would have to be irrational fear and/or disgust involved. Ill think about this a bit more though.

Lets assume Mr Bean is dating a beautiful woman. She has told him she has AIS (ie she is xy) and he knows all the implications. Hes allright with that, no problem. Eventually she finds out she actually doesnt have AIS but is transgender (lets assume she has amnesia so she actually didnt remember her past). She tells Mr Bean and he is turned off all of a sudden.

That, to me, is transphobia


What is AIS and the significance of it?

See when I hear things like homophobia or transphobia, I think at the very least you have to actually dislike someone because of the fact that they are homosexual or transsexual, maybe even go so far as thinking they are less human, deserve less rights, or want to commit hate crimes against them.

If you just aren't attracted to them, it just seems a matter of personal preferences that need not necessarily be motivated by irrational fears (although I won't deny it's possible that they could be, I won't say it's necessarily the case that they need be either).


I personally don't see anything wrong with simply not being attracted to anyone...
I'm trans. Some people wouldn't want to date someone who's trans, and that's fine.

Just like some people don't want to date someone who is a guy or girl. Some people don't want to date people with red hair, or green eyes.

Everyone has preferences, and I don't see what someone finds unattractive to be the same as a phobia.

I still think that if one wants to be a decent human being, they should try to think about the situation and try to change that about themselves rather than just relegate it to "that's my preference and that's good enough".


Before I jump to any conclusions, is this a correct interpretation?
- If you wish to have your penis surgically altered into a vagina and take hormones to alter your sexual characteristics, that's a rational preference which you are free to embrace
- If you do not want to have sex with a transsexual, you are not a decent human being unless you actively try to change your irrational preferences


It's a medical issue that's been well documented and studied so yes, just as rational as taking care of a cleft palate as it's unsightly and causes emotional distress. The surgery isn't necessary to everyone but it will make the person's life better which is why it's rational.

I really can not wrap my head around why people can't see trans women as just women and it confuses me as to why it's such a big problem.


I am fine with people having any preference and acting on it however they want, short of impinging on other people's basic rights. I don't even think people need medical documentation to justify their preferences. If somebody tells me he enjoys getting spat in the eyes, I will respect that without further ado. I will not feel obliged to personally do any spitting.

The first part where there's a problem, is where somebody labels a preference as irrational and indecent. It is particularly ironic in this thread, where people should know the problems with people thinking they have the right to police other people's sexual lives.

The second part where there's a problem, is where you try to dictate what sort of distinctions I am allowed to care about and demand that I use the same word for two things I consider conceptually different. I reserve the right to draw a distinction between natural born women and male to female transsexuals if this seems meaningful to me, regardless of how meaningless you might find it.

I do not want to violate anybody's basic rights based on this distinction, nor do I suggest that the law should differentiate on this basis.


You can think whatever you want, if you want to think that all people are really carrots then by all means do so; but I don't think that gives you the right to deny someone's identity based on your own personal beliefs.
shinosai
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1577 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-04 03:42:00
August 04 2013 03:36 GMT
#2396
I'm not trying to police anyone's sexual life. It is so completely ridiculous that this strawman keeps being made. I don't care who you sleep with. But if you come in here and say you won't sleep with a woman because she's black or a transsexual woman because she is trans, then yea, I'm going to call that indecent. Because you are being prejudiced against someone for nothing other than how they were born. That doesn't mean I'm controlling your sexual life, or that I want to. All it means is that I'm pointing out that your preferences reveal harmful underlying attitudes.

I reserve the right to draw a distinction between natural born women and male to female transsexuals if this seems meaningful to me, regardless of how meaningless you might find it.


And I reserve the right to point out that this distinction has no scientific basis behind it, and contributes to transphobia.
Be versatile, know when to retreat, and carry a big gun.
GGTeMpLaR
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States7226 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-04 05:01:35
August 04 2013 04:51 GMT
#2397
On August 04 2013 12:36 shinosai wrote:
I'm not trying to police anyone's sexual life. It is so completely ridiculous that this strawman keeps being made. I don't care who you sleep with. But if you come in here and say you won't sleep with a woman because she's black or a transsexual woman because she is trans, then yea, I'm going to call that indecent. Because you are being prejudiced against someone for nothing other than how they were born. That doesn't mean I'm controlling your sexual life, or that I want to. All it means is that I'm pointing out that your preferences reveal harmful underlying attitudes.

Show nested quote +
I reserve the right to draw a distinction between natural born women and male to female transsexuals if this seems meaningful to me, regardless of how meaningless you might find it.


And I reserve the right to point out that this distinction has no scientific basis behind it, and contributes to transphobia.


1. I don't think anyone said they wouldn't sleep with someone because they were black

2. It's not really a matter of indecency. At worst, they're just being shallow or picky.

Your definition of transphobia is diluted to the point where it isn't even necessarily a bad thing.

If someone didn't want to sleep with me because I was cis instead of trans, I wouldn't consider them an indecent person any more than would I be upset with someone who didn't want to sleep with me because I was white - which is roughly on the level of not one fuck given. At worst, I might think them a little shallow or picky.

Definitely wouldn't consider them racist against white people because that just makes a mockery of what actual racism is. I think the likewise is true for what you understand as racism against black people or what actual transphobia is.
DeepElemBlues
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States5080 Posts
August 04 2013 05:15 GMT
#2398
On August 04 2013 12:36 shinosai wrote:
I'm not trying to police anyone's sexual life. It is so completely ridiculous that this strawman keeps being made. I don't care who you sleep with. But if you come in here and say you won't sleep with a woman because she's black or a transsexual woman because she is trans, then yea, I'm going to call that indecent. Because you are being prejudiced against someone for nothing other than how they were born. That doesn't mean I'm controlling your sexual life, or that I want to. All it means is that I'm pointing out that your preferences reveal harmful underlying attitudes.

Show nested quote +
I reserve the right to draw a distinction between natural born women and male to female transsexuals if this seems meaningful to me, regardless of how meaningless you might find it.


And I reserve the right to point out that this distinction has no scientific basis behind it, and contributes to transphobia.


Get out of my bedroom please.

Because no matter how many times you say you aren't going in there, there you are, underneath the bed or in the closet or behind the drapes.

Exactly what harmful underlying attitudes are being revealed by a lack of sexual attraction to a certain classifiable section of humanity.

The exact same kind of crazy you're pushing can also be used against straight people for not being attracted to the same sex or gay people not being attracted to the opposite sex; what kind of harmful underlying attitudes are being revealed there?
no place i'd rather be than the satellite of love
Iyerbeth
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
England2410 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-04 07:39:56
August 04 2013 07:35 GMT
#2399
On August 04 2013 14:15 DeepElemBlues wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2013 12:36 shinosai wrote:
I'm not trying to police anyone's sexual life. It is so completely ridiculous that this strawman keeps being made. I don't care who you sleep with. But if you come in here and say you won't sleep with a woman because she's black or a transsexual woman because she is trans, then yea, I'm going to call that indecent. Because you are being prejudiced against someone for nothing other than how they were born. That doesn't mean I'm controlling your sexual life, or that I want to. All it means is that I'm pointing out that your preferences reveal harmful underlying attitudes.

I reserve the right to draw a distinction between natural born women and male to female transsexuals if this seems meaningful to me, regardless of how meaningless you might find it.


And I reserve the right to point out that this distinction has no scientific basis behind it, and contributes to transphobia.


Get out of my bedroom please.

Because no matter how many times you say you aren't going in there, there you are, underneath the bed or in the closet or behind the drapes.

Exactly what harmful underlying attitudes are being revealed by a lack of sexual attraction to a certain classifiable section of humanity.

The exact same kind of crazy you're pushing can also be used against straight people for not being attracted to the same sex or gay people not being attracted to the opposite sex; what kind of harmful underlying attitudes are being revealed there?


In your examples the person is never attracted to them. What is being discussed is being attracted to someone and then not when you are told they're trans. That change is based on nothing but attitudes towards and beliefs about trans people (typically for trans women - 'she's a man' or concerns about being 'gay'), and is therefore likely based in some form of transphobia.

As I've said a few times though, and to repeat so no one thinks I'm trying to insult anyone, that doesn't make the individual transphobic, but the nature of that change is what was being discussed.
♥ Liquid`Sheth ♥ Liquid`TLO ♥
MidKnight
Profile Joined December 2008
Lithuania884 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-04 08:25:39
August 04 2013 08:15 GMT
#2400
On August 04 2013 14:15 DeepElemBlues wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 04 2013 12:36 shinosai wrote:
I'm not trying to police anyone's sexual life. It is so completely ridiculous that this strawman keeps being made. I don't care who you sleep with. But if you come in here and say you won't sleep with a woman because she's black or a transsexual woman because she is trans, then yea, I'm going to call that indecent. Because you are being prejudiced against someone for nothing other than how they were born. That doesn't mean I'm controlling your sexual life, or that I want to. All it means is that I'm pointing out that your preferences reveal harmful underlying attitudes.

I reserve the right to draw a distinction between natural born women and male to female transsexuals if this seems meaningful to me, regardless of how meaningless you might find it.


And I reserve the right to point out that this distinction has no scientific basis behind it, and contributes to transphobia.


Get out of my bedroom please.

Because no matter how many times you say you aren't going in there, there you are, underneath the bed or in the closet or behind the drapes.

Exactly what harmful underlying attitudes are being revealed by a lack of sexual attraction to a certain classifiable section of humanity.

The exact same kind of crazy you're pushing can also be used against straight people for not being attracted to the same sex or gay people not being attracted to the opposite sex; what kind of harmful underlying attitudes are being revealed there?


You CANNOT come to a thread like this, have a discussion about issues like this and then when someone points out a flaw in your reasoning relegate your argument to "GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY SEXUAL LIFE!".
What the fuck!

And yeah what Iyerbeth said. If you find someone attractive as a woman and later find out that she's trans and think that's good enough of a reason to IMMEDIATELLY discontinue the relationship for that reason alone, I do see it as a clear connection to transphobia. It's an understandable reaction due to our culture, but I still see it as irrational.

I do believe that if we did some more digging into people's subconscious (including mine) we *would* find thoughts "there's a man in there", "that person once had a penis, that's disgusting", "what will my friends think" and the like.
Prev 1 118 119 120 121 122 149 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 45m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech125
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5535
Bisu 2940
Jaedong 1015
Soulkey 837
Horang2 591
EffOrt 543
Mini 393
actioN 348
Larva 305
ZerO 231
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 229
Yoon 127
Mind 93
Pusan 87
hero 80
Shinee 71
Sharp 70
Snow 64
Hyun 60
Dewaltoss 59
Barracks 49
Bale 48
sorry 47
ToSsGirL 37
Sacsri 20
scan(afreeca) 17
Trap 17
NaDa 14
Rock 13
Terrorterran 10
zelot 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Noble 9
Icarus 7
Dota 2
Gorgc4835
qojqva2357
Dendi1081
Counter-Strike
Fnx 551
Other Games
olofmeister1443
hiko893
B2W.Neo767
Lowko353
crisheroes278
DeMusliM265
Pyrionflax205
XBOCT204
Hui .198
Livibee165
Liquid`VortiX143
QueenE70
Mew2King51
Liquid`RaSZi35
ZerO(Twitch)18
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 1254
WardiTV598
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 50
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 21
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV656
League of Legends
• Nemesis2293
• Jankos1995
Other Games
• Shiphtur104
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
9h 45m
Patches Events
1d 1h
The PondCast
1d 19h
INu's Battles
1d 20h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.