• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:56
CEST 14:56
KST 21:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9582 users

Pope Benedict XVI to resign - Page 6

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 26 Next All
Alright, enough religious debate. If you want to talk about Pope Benedict and what he specifically did or didn't do, go ahead. But no more general discussion on the merits or ills of the Catholic church or their history.

-page 12
scFoX
Profile Joined September 2011
France454 Posts
February 11 2013 13:45 GMT
#101
I'm sad to see him go. Contrary to what many atheists are saying in this thread, he is one of the most learned and profound people I've ever seen. Sure, he's not as glamorous as John Paul II, but he makes it up in brain power. I hope stepping down from office will improve his health.
Zandar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands1541 Posts
February 11 2013 13:45 GMT
#102
On February 11 2013 22:39 SpeaKEaSY wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2013 22:15 Zandar wrote:
For the record to my Catholic fellows here.
I'm a non believer somewhere between agnost and atheist.
I don't hate Catholics at all. I have neighbours, family members who are catholic. I've been to a catholic school as a kid. Even had catholic girlfiends.

I just think it's time for a more modern pope, and yes I think Benedictis did some serious harm.
But can I say that without being anti catholic? I sure hope I can.


There's nothing wrong with being criticizing the church, as long as your criticisms are informed and you keep your logic consistent with other religions, social groups and organizations. For example, I think if people held all governments to the same standard we hold the Vatican, there would be a lot fewer bullshit laws on the books. Unfortunately, many people hold a bias against the church because their political beliefs are different than that of the church, so they will excuse or even praise organizations that do the same or worse things than the church does. They readily make uniformed criticisms because they saw a youtube video once or something like that.


I've read both the protestant, catholic bible as well as translated parts of the quran.
Went to religion class as a kid.
To me, everyone is allowed to have his own faith. And there are good bits and bad bits in any faith or non faith.

But I will criticize popes who cause aidsbabies in africa or terrorists flying planes in buildings yes.
As well as I will criticize atheists who bash people just because they are religious.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
Ohhsee
Profile Joined November 2011
United States28 Posts
February 11 2013 13:46 GMT
#103
Astonishing how rude the vast majority of these posts are. Way too many to quote. If I said anyting even remotely as hateful these posts about gays or another country I would get instant ban/warning. Shows how biased this website is suppose. I'm not catholic but I am a christian. Your desire to sound like your "against the grain" and "cool" does not outweigh how important the pope is to at least 1 billion people.

Embarrassed to count myself as one of todays youth after seeing post after post of ignorance. Maybe it's because this is a gaming website, maybe i'm just checking the wrong site every day. Whatever it is, it's pathetic.

User was temp banned for this post.
Zandar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands1541 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-11 13:48:32
February 11 2013 13:47 GMT
#104
On February 11 2013 22:41 ZenithM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2013 22:32 Zandar wrote:
On February 11 2013 22:27 Ljas wrote:
On February 11 2013 22:15 Zandar wrote:
I'm a non believer somewhere between agnost and atheist.

[nitpick]
So you're an agnostic atheist? There's no "in between" since agnostic-gnostic and theist-atheist are completely different scales.
[/nitpick]


I know lol.
I tend to have a hard time making up my mind.
I don't believe at all, but hardcore atheists sometimes sound like believers themselves.
Which makes me move to the "I don't know and I for sure don't care" position, which fits agnost better.

Would you say you're more of a pure Neutral, Neutral good, or Loyal neutral?


More like Chaotic neutral
And yes I am lazy
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
Wrath 2.1
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany880 Posts
February 11 2013 13:47 GMT
#105
Church can't allow homosexuals until they are able to cure aids imho.

If the church would allow homo sex much more hiv / aids was spread wich has a comulative effect. So it's natural for a religios society to ban homosexuals.

(I don't hate homosexuality in itself, but as long as they pose such a risk to mankind it's for the best to have a critical stance.)

So, as a catholic I support the church in it's ways, though I too would approve of a greater transparacy.
The tigers of wrath are wiser than the horses of instruction.
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-11 13:51:43
February 11 2013 13:50 GMT
#106
On February 11 2013 22:45 Zandar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2013 22:39 SpeaKEaSY wrote:
On February 11 2013 22:15 Zandar wrote:
For the record to my Catholic fellows here.
I'm a non believer somewhere between agnost and atheist.
I don't hate Catholics at all. I have neighbours, family members who are catholic. I've been to a catholic school as a kid. Even had catholic girlfiends.

I just think it's time for a more modern pope, and yes I think Benedictis did some serious harm.
But can I say that without being anti catholic? I sure hope I can.


There's nothing wrong with being criticizing the church, as long as your criticisms are informed and you keep your logic consistent with other religions, social groups and organizations. For example, I think if people held all governments to the same standard we hold the Vatican, there would be a lot fewer bullshit laws on the books. Unfortunately, many people hold a bias against the church because their political beliefs are different than that of the church, so they will excuse or even praise organizations that do the same or worse things than the church does. They readily make uniformed criticisms because they saw a youtube video once or something like that.


I've read both the protestant, catholic bible as well as translated parts of the quran.
Went to religion class as a kid.
To me, everyone is allowed to have his own faith. And there are good bits and bad bits in any faith or non faith.

But I will criticize popes who cause aidsbabies in africa or terrorists flying planes in buildings yes.
As well as I will criticize atheists who bash people just because they are religious.


Oh, so you're a smart person. Welcome to Agnostic Atheism, lol. JKJKJK don't ban me

I personally don't believe in anything. I think we can't know anything at all. However I'm aware that that's only the conclusion I came to and that others might come to a different one, which I completely respect. What I absolutely DESPISE though is the brainwashing of children. But that discussion doesn't belong in this thread.

On topic, I don't think the catholic religion is necessarily a bad thing. It could do a lot of incredibly good things for people and it does do those with charity, etc. But Benedikt was never someone who seemed like a caring person to me, at ALL.

User was warned for this post
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
SpeaKEaSY
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1070 Posts
February 11 2013 13:51 GMT
#107
On February 11 2013 22:45 Zandar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2013 22:39 SpeaKEaSY wrote:
On February 11 2013 22:15 Zandar wrote:
For the record to my Catholic fellows here.
I'm a non believer somewhere between agnost and atheist.
I don't hate Catholics at all. I have neighbours, family members who are catholic. I've been to a catholic school as a kid. Even had catholic girlfiends.

I just think it's time for a more modern pope, and yes I think Benedictis did some serious harm.
But can I say that without being anti catholic? I sure hope I can.


There's nothing wrong with being criticizing the church, as long as your criticisms are informed and you keep your logic consistent with other religions, social groups and organizations. For example, I think if people held all governments to the same standard we hold the Vatican, there would be a lot fewer bullshit laws on the books. Unfortunately, many people hold a bias against the church because their political beliefs are different than that of the church, so they will excuse or even praise organizations that do the same or worse things than the church does. They readily make uniformed criticisms because they saw a youtube video once or something like that.


I've read both the protestant, catholic bible as well as translated parts of the quran.
Went to religion class as a kid.
To me, everyone is allowed to have his own faith. And there are good bits and bad bits in any faith or non faith.

But I will criticize popes who cause aidsbabies in africa or terrorists flying planes in buildings yes.
As well as I will criticize atheists who bash people just because they are religious.


See, this is what I'm talking about when I say ignorant statements. Unless the Pope did something to infect those kids with HIV, or defraud them some way that led to them getting infected he did not cause AIDS babies.
Aim for perfection, settle for mediocrity - KawaiiRice 2014
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44367 Posts
February 11 2013 13:51 GMT
#108
The vast, vast majority of HIV infections result from heterosexual sex in sub Saharan Africa due to shitty AIDS education there. Sorry but the facts disagree with you.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
papaz
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden4149 Posts
February 11 2013 13:52 GMT
#109
On February 11 2013 22:47 Wrath 2.1 wrote:
Church can't allow homosexuals until they are able to cure aids imho.

If the church would allow homo sex much more hiv / aids was spread wich has a comulative effect. So it's natural for a religios society to ban homosexuals.

(I don't hate homosexuality in itself, but as long as they pose such a risk to mankind it's for the best to have a critical stance.)

So, as a catholic I support the church in it's ways, though I too would approve of a greater transparacy.


What? Is this suppose to be funny, sarcastic or are you serious?
McBengt
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden1684 Posts
February 11 2013 13:52 GMT
#110
On February 11 2013 22:47 Wrath 2.1 wrote:
Church can't allow homosexuals until they are able to cure aids imho.

If the church would allow homo sex much more hiv / aids was spread wich has a comulative effect. So it's natural for a religios society to ban homosexuals.

(I don't hate homosexuality in itself, but as long as they pose such a risk to mankind it's for the best to have a critical stance.)

So, as a catholic I support the church in it's ways, though I too would approve of a greater transparacy.


That is a very interesting, if somewhat unlettered assertion. I assume you have solid evidence to support the claim that homosexuality exacerbates the spreading of AIDS and is a threat to mankind?
"My twelve year old will out-reason Bill Maher when it comes to understanding, you know, what, uh, how to logic work" - Rick Santorum
SpeaKEaSY
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1070 Posts
February 11 2013 13:53 GMT
#111
On February 11 2013 22:51 KwarK wrote:
The vast, vast majority of HIV infections result from heterosexual sex in sub Saharan Africa due to shitty AIDS education there. Sorry but the facts disagree with you.


Not really. From what I understand, the church teaches that if you don't have sex (abstinence), you can't transmit the virus sexually. How do the facts disagree with that?
Aim for perfection, settle for mediocrity - KawaiiRice 2014
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-11 13:54:56
February 11 2013 13:53 GMT
#112
On February 11 2013 22:51 SpeaKEaSY wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2013 22:45 Zandar wrote:
On February 11 2013 22:39 SpeaKEaSY wrote:
On February 11 2013 22:15 Zandar wrote:
For the record to my Catholic fellows here.
I'm a non believer somewhere between agnost and atheist.
I don't hate Catholics at all. I have neighbours, family members who are catholic. I've been to a catholic school as a kid. Even had catholic girlfiends.

I just think it's time for a more modern pope, and yes I think Benedictis did some serious harm.
But can I say that without being anti catholic? I sure hope I can.


There's nothing wrong with being criticizing the church, as long as your criticisms are informed and you keep your logic consistent with other religions, social groups and organizations. For example, I think if people held all governments to the same standard we hold the Vatican, there would be a lot fewer bullshit laws on the books. Unfortunately, many people hold a bias against the church because their political beliefs are different than that of the church, so they will excuse or even praise organizations that do the same or worse things than the church does. They readily make uniformed criticisms because they saw a youtube video once or something like that.


I've read both the protestant, catholic bible as well as translated parts of the quran.
Went to religion class as a kid.
To me, everyone is allowed to have his own faith. And there are good bits and bad bits in any faith or non faith.

But I will criticize popes who cause aidsbabies in africa or terrorists flying planes in buildings yes.
As well as I will criticize atheists who bash people just because they are religious.


See, this is what I'm talking about when I say ignorant statements. Unless the Pope did something to infect those kids with HIV, or defraud them some way that led to them getting infected he did not cause AIDS babies.


He told people (paraphrasing) that they shouldn't use condoms. He effectively DID cause AIDS babies.

if he'd said "don't have sex", that'd be a different thing (probably equally retarded) but he didn't. He said don't use condoms.
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
Zandar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands1541 Posts
February 11 2013 13:53 GMT
#113
On February 11 2013 22:51 SpeaKEaSY wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2013 22:45 Zandar wrote:
On February 11 2013 22:39 SpeaKEaSY wrote:
On February 11 2013 22:15 Zandar wrote:
For the record to my Catholic fellows here.
I'm a non believer somewhere between agnost and atheist.
I don't hate Catholics at all. I have neighbours, family members who are catholic. I've been to a catholic school as a kid. Even had catholic girlfiends.

I just think it's time for a more modern pope, and yes I think Benedictis did some serious harm.
But can I say that without being anti catholic? I sure hope I can.


There's nothing wrong with being criticizing the church, as long as your criticisms are informed and you keep your logic consistent with other religions, social groups and organizations. For example, I think if people held all governments to the same standard we hold the Vatican, there would be a lot fewer bullshit laws on the books. Unfortunately, many people hold a bias against the church because their political beliefs are different than that of the church, so they will excuse or even praise organizations that do the same or worse things than the church does. They readily make uniformed criticisms because they saw a youtube video once or something like that.


I've read both the protestant, catholic bible as well as translated parts of the quran.
Went to religion class as a kid.
To me, everyone is allowed to have his own faith. And there are good bits and bad bits in any faith or non faith.

But I will criticize popes who cause aidsbabies in africa or terrorists flying planes in buildings yes.
As well as I will criticize atheists who bash people just because they are religious.


See, this is what I'm talking about when I say ignorant statements. Unless the Pope did something to infect those kids with HIV, or defraud them some way that led to them getting infected he did not cause AIDS babies.


To me, not doing anything about it while there is a solution, is about the same thing .
But it was even worse, he forbid that solution
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
Golden Ghost
Profile Joined February 2003
Netherlands1041 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-11 14:01:45
February 11 2013 13:56 GMT
#114
On February 11 2013 22:38 furymonkey wrote:
Don't have strength to continue fulfill his duty? John Pope II at his final years seems have got very old, yet he was still able to fulfill his duty, Pope Benedict XVI looks more healthy than John Pope II too.

This is not true. John Paul II was in his last few years ruled by the clergy instead of ruling himself. He was only leader of the church in name, not practise. He was continually in and out of hospitals and if you saw him becoming more and more incoherent I felt so sad for him. Still trying where imo he should have done the same as Benedict now does about 5 years before his death.

Before being elected as pope, Benedict was the dean of the college of cardinals (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_of_the_College_of_Cardinals) and thus I believe he was in the last few years the power behind the throne so to speak. I believe that when John Paul began to deteriorate Benedict made the policy that was voiced by John Paul
Life is to give and take. You take a vacation and you give to the poor.
Proseat
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Germany5113 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-11 14:02:39
February 11 2013 13:56 GMT
#115
On February 11 2013 22:38 furymonkey wrote:
Don't have strength to continue fulfill his duty? John Pope II at his final years seems have got very old, yet he was still able to fulfill his duty, Pope Benedict XVI looks more healthy than John Pope II too.

First of all, the previous pope's name was John Paul II. Yes, he died in office. But who do you think ran the Papecy in the final years of John Paul II's reign? It was Cardinal Ratzinger, these days known as Pope Benedict XVI. He is doing the smart thing now and setting an example for the future: Resign while you still can and leave the office to a rightfully elected successor.
The Rise and Fall of SlayerS -- a timeline: http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?id=378097
barth
Profile Joined March 2008
Ireland1272 Posts
February 11 2013 13:57 GMT
#116
On February 11 2013 22:25 shadymmj wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2013 22:16 McBengt wrote:
On February 11 2013 21:58 shadymmj wrote:
this thread is disgusting. feel free to make a new "we hate the church" thread and stand on your moral pedestal there. seriously, i didn't even know how a starcraft site becomes a breeding ground for anti-papal sentiments.

for other sane onlookers, let's just discuss this surprising decision by a very influential (but ordinary) man.


Nothing we write here is even remotely comparable to the heinous crimes against humanity and all decency committed by the Vatican. It is deserving of all the scorn it gets, and more. It epitomizes the worst elements of christianity, the teachings of the kind and generous man they profess to worship forgotten or simply ignored in favour of amassing wealth and temporal power.

The Vatican is a blight on the world, that has monopolized this absurd notion of a middleman between an individual and his/her god as a means to acquire power over them, nothing more.


yeah, i would love to have some of that high class crack you smoke

all religions take a stand on something, and some religions take an even more extreme stance (eg. islam...)
it's unrealistic to expect benedict to make a complete u-turn on church doctrines, that would be absurd

personally i do not see anything wrong with advocating (read, advocating - not the position itself) a firm stance against abortion and homosexuality.

i mean, if you said, i don't think he made a very good pope because of his failure to address condoms and AIDS, hopefully his successor will be better...then I think it is a perfectly valid comment. other inflammatory comments, not so much.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/pope-seeks-immunity-over-sex-abuse-suit/2005/08/17/1123958097061.html
He certainly deserves all the verbal abuse he gets here and more. There is no fucking excuse for protecting pedophiles. Hopefully he's tried again without diplomatic immunity.
"Somebody you are talking to disappears mid sentence, and the universe shoots you because you talked to someone that wasn`t there." - MasterOfChaos
Hatsu
Profile Joined March 2010
United Kingdom474 Posts
February 11 2013 13:57 GMT
#117
As an Italian, I am not surprised by this.

I personally believe religion to be a cancer for humanity. However, as I respect that fact that many people have a much different view, I pragmatically hope that the new pope will promote a modernization of the church, perhaps openly embracing contraception, divorce, women rights and so on.
Sedit qui timuit ne non succederet
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
February 11 2013 13:57 GMT
#118
On February 11 2013 22:47 Wrath 2.1 wrote:
Church can't allow homosexuals until they are able to cure aids imho.

If the church would allow homo sex much more hiv / aids was spread wich has a comulative effect. So it's natural for a religios society to ban homosexuals.

(I don't hate homosexuality in itself, but as long as they pose such a risk to mankind it's for the best to have a critical stance.)

So, as a catholic I support the church in it's ways, though I too would approve of a greater transparacy.


You're saying church can't allow homosexuals because of AIDS spreading ? The same church that condemn the use of condoms ?

I'm a christian, and ... WHAT ? Seriously, this is so incoherent...
LiquipediaWanderer
SpeaKEaSY
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1070 Posts
February 11 2013 13:58 GMT
#119
On February 11 2013 22:53 DarkLordOlli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2013 22:51 SpeaKEaSY wrote:
On February 11 2013 22:45 Zandar wrote:
On February 11 2013 22:39 SpeaKEaSY wrote:
On February 11 2013 22:15 Zandar wrote:
For the record to my Catholic fellows here.
I'm a non believer somewhere between agnost and atheist.
I don't hate Catholics at all. I have neighbours, family members who are catholic. I've been to a catholic school as a kid. Even had catholic girlfiends.

I just think it's time for a more modern pope, and yes I think Benedictis did some serious harm.
But can I say that without being anti catholic? I sure hope I can.


There's nothing wrong with being criticizing the church, as long as your criticisms are informed and you keep your logic consistent with other religions, social groups and organizations. For example, I think if people held all governments to the same standard we hold the Vatican, there would be a lot fewer bullshit laws on the books. Unfortunately, many people hold a bias against the church because their political beliefs are different than that of the church, so they will excuse or even praise organizations that do the same or worse things than the church does. They readily make uniformed criticisms because they saw a youtube video once or something like that.


I've read both the protestant, catholic bible as well as translated parts of the quran.
Went to religion class as a kid.
To me, everyone is allowed to have his own faith. And there are good bits and bad bits in any faith or non faith.

But I will criticize popes who cause aidsbabies in africa or terrorists flying planes in buildings yes.
As well as I will criticize atheists who bash people just because they are religious.


See, this is what I'm talking about when I say ignorant statements. Unless the Pope did something to infect those kids with HIV, or defraud them some way that led to them getting infected he did not cause AIDS babies.


He told people (paraphrasing) that they shouldn't use condoms. He effectively DID cause AIDS babies.

if he'd said "don't have sex", that'd be a different thing (probably equally retarded) but he didn't. He said don't use condoms.


But he did say don't have sex. The church forbids artificial birth control, but supports abstinence. You seem to be misinformed.
Aim for perfection, settle for mediocrity - KawaiiRice 2014
RoberP
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom101 Posts
February 11 2013 13:58 GMT
#120
On February 11 2013 22:53 SpeaKEaSY wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2013 22:51 KwarK wrote:
The vast, vast majority of HIV infections result from heterosexual sex in sub Saharan Africa due to shitty AIDS education there. Sorry but the facts disagree with you.


Not really. From what I understand, the church teaches that if you don't have sex (abstinence), you can't transmit the virus sexually. How do the facts disagree with that?


Because it's a command that goes against human nature and is almost impossible to follow. It's like telling children not to brush their teeth because they shouldn't be eating sweets.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Zoun vs herOLIVE!
SHIN vs TBD
IntoTheiNu 1309
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 266
Rex 84
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 56783
Calm 3815
Shuttle 3472
FanTaSy 1710
Bisu 1527
firebathero 374
Stork 295
Mini 288
Hyuk 283
Rush 262
[ Show more ]
Soma 240
EffOrt 230
Soulkey 186
Zeus 180
Last 152
actioN 146
Light 144
ZerO 139
Snow 110
Mong 73
Dewaltoss 69
Killer 68
Sea.KH 66
Barracks 65
Pusan 51
hero 47
Hyun 42
NotJumperer 39
PianO 39
JYJ 38
Free 37
Bale 34
ToSsGirL 34
Shinee 33
Yoon 29
Aegong 27
Shine 23
Sharp 22
sorry 21
yabsab 17
Sacsri 14
HiyA 11
Noble 11
Icarus 4
Dota 2
Gorgc5522
Dendi696
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1377
kRYSTAL_316
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King102
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko407
Other Games
gofns36412
singsing2077
B2W.Neo614
hiko255
DeMusliM233
crisheroes221
byalli155
Livibee148
Hui .27
ZerO(Twitch)10
Liquid`VortiX8
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV208
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream17
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
4m
OSC
9h 19m
Replay Cast
10h 4m
OSC
1d 10h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 21h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.