• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:09
CEST 14:09
KST 21:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7285 users

Pope Benedict XVI to resign - Page 5

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 24 25 26 Next All
Alright, enough religious debate. If you want to talk about Pope Benedict and what he specifically did or didn't do, go ahead. But no more general discussion on the merits or ills of the Catholic church or their history.

-page 12
Zandar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands1541 Posts
February 11 2013 13:15 GMT
#81
For the record to my Catholic fellows here.
I'm a non believer somewhere between agnost and atheist.
I don't hate Catholics at all. I have neighbours, family members who are catholic. I've been to a catholic school as a kid. Even had catholic girlfiends.

I just think it's time for a more modern pope, and yes I think Benedictis did some serious harm.
But can I say that without being anti catholic? I sure hope I can.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
McBengt
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden1684 Posts
February 11 2013 13:16 GMT
#82
On February 11 2013 21:58 shadymmj wrote:
this thread is disgusting. feel free to make a new "we hate the church" thread and stand on your moral pedestal there. seriously, i didn't even know how a starcraft site becomes a breeding ground for anti-papal sentiments.

for other sane onlookers, let's just discuss this surprising decision by a very influential (but ordinary) man.


Nothing we write here is even remotely comparable to the heinous crimes against humanity and all decency committed by the Vatican. It is deserving of all the scorn it gets, and more. It epitomizes the worst elements of christianity, the teachings of the kind and generous man they profess to worship forgotten or simply ignored in favour of amassing wealth and temporal power.

The Vatican is a blight on the world, that has monopolized this absurd notion of a middleman between an individual and his/her god as a means to acquire power over them, nothing more.
"My twelve year old will out-reason Bill Maher when it comes to understanding, you know, what, uh, how to logic work" - Rick Santorum
Golden Ghost
Profile Joined February 2003
Netherlands1041 Posts
February 11 2013 13:16 GMT
#83
On February 11 2013 21:44 KwarK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2013 21:43 DarkLordOlli wrote:
On February 11 2013 21:41 McBengt wrote:
On February 11 2013 21:24 m4inbrain wrote:
On February 11 2013 21:17 Zandar wrote:
On February 11 2013 21:14 Golden Ghost wrote:
On February 11 2013 21:09 Eufouria wrote:
On February 11 2013 20:59 Mafe wrote:
My guess is he's got a diagnosis of something like Alzeheimer's disease. And he wants a conscious leader for the catholic church.

Yeah I'd say this makes the most sense. The chances that he grew a concience are lower than the chances of the next Pope being in favour of gay marriage.

Why you are even contemplating he doesn´t have a concience is beyong me. Sure he has his flaws just as any human being and I don´t agree with a lot of the current policies of the Catholic church although I still consider myself a Catholic but I also believe he acts out of his fervent believes of doing good and not an intent to do evil as you seem to be suggesting.


If hope not for his own sake.
If he has a concience then every aids baby in Africa is on his concience.


No. It would be on the church. He's not only Pope Benedict, but also Ratzinger, a human being, filling a role he actually never really wanted to fill.

Don't blame Benedict for the shortcomings of something so incredibly outdated as the catholic (or any other) religion.


A somewhat strange sentiment. If its supreme leader cannot be held responsible for the conduct of the Vatican, then who can? God?


Everybody who supports the organisation but yes, the pope is a good target.

The Vatican is a lot less liberal than most Catholics who live in the real world. Having to deal with real life issues like being unable to afford to support another child don't come up much for priests with billions in the bank,.

The first part at least is true. The second part I don´t know. I don´t think your average priest in most countries has a lot of money. But being forced into celibacy a priest can never fully understand the workings of supporting a family and making morgage payments (houses being normally provided by the church). For sure the big TV preachers in the USA make millions but in the Netherlands the church is actually losing money fairly rapidly. There is also a severe shortage of priests. In my city for example, there is only 1 priest for 5 churches and he is 80. The other 5 chuches are being tended by an Indian priest that had to be imported.

However my experience with the clergy is that if you as a community talk with them about your concerns with how the Catholic church as a whole operates and dictates its policies, a good deal of them actually agree. Unfortunately the hierarchical structure of the church is so that these moderate voices will never be raised to a position of power or real influence (even on a local level). The only bright spot I see is that the biggest critics on how the church operates are the retired priests as they don´t have to be afraid anymore about repercussions or being removed from their job.
Life is to give and take. You take a vacation and you give to the poor.
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-11 13:18:21
February 11 2013 13:17 GMT
#84
On February 11 2013 22:15 Zandar wrote:
For the record to my Catholic fellows here.
I'm a non believer somewhere between agnost and atheist.
I don't hate Catholics at all. I have neighbours, family members who are catholic. I've been to a catholic school as a kid. Even had catholic girlfiends.

I just think it's time for a more modern pope, and yes I think Benedictis did some serious harm.
But can I say that without being anti catholic? I sure hope I can.


Yes of course you can. The church doesn't necessarily equal catholic belief, it's just supposed to represent it. Critic against the representation =!= critic against the belief itself.
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
shadymmj
Profile Joined June 2010
1906 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-11 13:27:37
February 11 2013 13:25 GMT
#85
On February 11 2013 22:16 McBengt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2013 21:58 shadymmj wrote:
this thread is disgusting. feel free to make a new "we hate the church" thread and stand on your moral pedestal there. seriously, i didn't even know how a starcraft site becomes a breeding ground for anti-papal sentiments.

for other sane onlookers, let's just discuss this surprising decision by a very influential (but ordinary) man.


Nothing we write here is even remotely comparable to the heinous crimes against humanity and all decency committed by the Vatican. It is deserving of all the scorn it gets, and more. It epitomizes the worst elements of christianity, the teachings of the kind and generous man they profess to worship forgotten or simply ignored in favour of amassing wealth and temporal power.

The Vatican is a blight on the world, that has monopolized this absurd notion of a middleman between an individual and his/her god as a means to acquire power over them, nothing more.


yeah, i would love to have some of that high class crack you smoke

all religions take a stand on something, and some religions take an even more extreme stance (eg. islam...)
it's unrealistic to expect benedict to make a complete u-turn on church doctrines, that would be absurd

personally i do not see anything wrong with advocating (read, advocating - not the position itself) a firm stance against abortion and homosexuality.

i mean, if you said, i don't think he made a very good pope because of his failure to address condoms and AIDS, hopefully his successor will be better...then I think it is a perfectly valid comment. other inflammatory comments, not so much.
There is no such thing is "e-sports". There is Brood War, and then there is crap for nerds.
Zandar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands1541 Posts
February 11 2013 13:25 GMT
#86
On February 11 2013 22:17 DarkLordOlli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2013 22:15 Zandar wrote:
For the record to my Catholic fellows here.
I'm a non believer somewhere between agnost and atheist.
I don't hate Catholics at all. I have neighbours, family members who are catholic. I've been to a catholic school as a kid. Even had catholic girlfiends.

I just think it's time for a more modern pope, and yes I think Benedictis did some serious harm.
But can I say that without being anti catholic? I sure hope I can.


Yes of course you can. The church doesn't necessarily equal catholic belief, it's just supposed to represent it. Critic against the representation =!= critic against the belief itself.


Thank you
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
Ljas
Profile Joined July 2012
Finland725 Posts
February 11 2013 13:27 GMT
#87
On February 11 2013 22:15 Zandar wrote:
I'm a non believer somewhere between agnost and atheist.

[nitpick]
So you're an agnostic atheist? There's no "in between" since agnostic-gnostic and theist-atheist are completely different scales.
[/nitpick]
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
February 11 2013 13:28 GMT
#88
On February 11 2013 22:17 DarkLordOlli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2013 22:15 Zandar wrote:
For the record to my Catholic fellows here.
I'm a non believer somewhere between agnost and atheist.
I don't hate Catholics at all. I have neighbours, family members who are catholic. I've been to a catholic school as a kid. Even had catholic girlfiends.

I just think it's time for a more modern pope, and yes I think Benedictis did some serious harm.
But can I say that without being anti catholic? I sure hope I can.


Yes of course you can. The church doesn't necessarily equal catholic belief, it's just supposed to represent it. Critic against the representation =!= critic against the belief itself.


Exactly. The problem is that the representation it gives is pretty ugly, and sometimes lead (in heated debates) to the confuson between the representation and the people represented by it...

Then, Zandar, you're not "anti-catholic" by saying you didn't like Benedict... I believe (though I can't confirm, obv) a lot of christians, and even a lot of catholics didn't like him (based on what I hear around me).

When you put Benedict in contrast with John Paul II, who did a lot for peace, who tried to gather a lot of religion to talk about peace, who defended Vatican II council rules (which, basically, opened the church and "modernized" it by like a few hundreds year leap forward ~~), then you see there can be better people at this role....
LiquipediaWanderer
Tobberoth
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden6375 Posts
February 11 2013 13:31 GMT
#89
On February 11 2013 22:25 shadymmj wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2013 22:16 McBengt wrote:
On February 11 2013 21:58 shadymmj wrote:
this thread is disgusting. feel free to make a new "we hate the church" thread and stand on your moral pedestal there. seriously, i didn't even know how a starcraft site becomes a breeding ground for anti-papal sentiments.

for other sane onlookers, let's just discuss this surprising decision by a very influential (but ordinary) man.


Nothing we write here is even remotely comparable to the heinous crimes against humanity and all decency committed by the Vatican. It is deserving of all the scorn it gets, and more. It epitomizes the worst elements of christianity, the teachings of the kind and generous man they profess to worship forgotten or simply ignored in favour of amassing wealth and temporal power.

The Vatican is a blight on the world, that has monopolized this absurd notion of a middleman between an individual and his/her god as a means to acquire power over them, nothing more.


yeah, i would love to have some of that high class crack you smoke

all religions take a stand on something, and some religions take an even more extreme stance (eg. islam...)
it's unrealistic to expect benedict to make a complete u-turn on church doctrines, that would be absurd

personally i do not see anything wrong with advocating (read, advocating - not the position itself) a firm stance against abortion and homosexuality.

i mean, if you said, i don't think he made a very good pope because of his failure to address condoms and AIDS, hopefully his successor will be better...then I think it is a perfectly valid comment. other inflammatory comments, not so much.

How can you not see anything wrong with advocating a strong stance against homosexuality? Abortion, fine, that's still somehow a valid discussion, but not even in the US should homosexuality actually be something you can really have an opinion about. Or you can have an opinion, but you would just prove yourself to be a bigot and ignorant. Basically, saying it's acceptable to advocate a strong stance against homosexuality is just as bad as saying it's acceptable to advocate a strong stance against blacks. It's just not acceptable at all.
Zandar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands1541 Posts
February 11 2013 13:32 GMT
#90
On February 11 2013 22:27 Ljas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2013 22:15 Zandar wrote:
I'm a non believer somewhere between agnost and atheist.

[nitpick]
So you're an agnostic atheist? There's no "in between" since agnostic-gnostic and theist-atheist are completely different scales.
[/nitpick]


I know lol.
I tend to have a hard time making up my mind.
I don't believe at all, but hardcore atheists sometimes sound like believers themselves.
Which makes me move to the "I don't know and I for sure don't care" position, which fits agnost better.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44367 Posts
February 11 2013 13:34 GMT
#91
On February 11 2013 22:16 Golden Ghost wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2013 21:44 KwarK wrote:
On February 11 2013 21:43 DarkLordOlli wrote:
On February 11 2013 21:41 McBengt wrote:
On February 11 2013 21:24 m4inbrain wrote:
On February 11 2013 21:17 Zandar wrote:
On February 11 2013 21:14 Golden Ghost wrote:
On February 11 2013 21:09 Eufouria wrote:
On February 11 2013 20:59 Mafe wrote:
My guess is he's got a diagnosis of something like Alzeheimer's disease. And he wants a conscious leader for the catholic church.

Yeah I'd say this makes the most sense. The chances that he grew a concience are lower than the chances of the next Pope being in favour of gay marriage.

Why you are even contemplating he doesn´t have a concience is beyong me. Sure he has his flaws just as any human being and I don´t agree with a lot of the current policies of the Catholic church although I still consider myself a Catholic but I also believe he acts out of his fervent believes of doing good and not an intent to do evil as you seem to be suggesting.


If hope not for his own sake.
If he has a concience then every aids baby in Africa is on his concience.


No. It would be on the church. He's not only Pope Benedict, but also Ratzinger, a human being, filling a role he actually never really wanted to fill.

Don't blame Benedict for the shortcomings of something so incredibly outdated as the catholic (or any other) religion.


A somewhat strange sentiment. If its supreme leader cannot be held responsible for the conduct of the Vatican, then who can? God?


Everybody who supports the organisation but yes, the pope is a good target.

The Vatican is a lot less liberal than most Catholics who live in the real world. Having to deal with real life issues like being unable to afford to support another child don't come up much for priests with billions in the bank,.

The first part at least is true. The second part I don´t know. I don´t think your average priest in most countries has a lot of money. But being forced into celibacy a priest can never fully understand the workings of supporting a family and making morgage payments (houses being normally provided by the church). For sure the big TV preachers in the USA make millions but in the Netherlands the church is actually losing money fairly rapidly. There is also a severe shortage of priests. In my city for example, there is only 1 priest for 5 churches and he is 80. The other 5 chuches are being tended by an Indian priest that had to be imported.

However my experience with the clergy is that if you as a community talk with them about your concerns with how the Catholic church as a whole operates and dictates its policies, a good deal of them actually agree. Unfortunately the hierarchical structure of the church is so that these moderate voices will never be raised to a position of power or real influence (even on a local level). The only bright spot I see is that the biggest critics on how the church operates are the retired priests as they don´t have to be afraid anymore about repercussions or being removed from their job.

I don't disagree that individual priests lack the wealth of the Vatican, nor that they actually witness the struggles of real people but they are just as disenfranchised and exploited by the intuition as the regular members. In the UK we have an expression, "wouldn't know the price of a pint of milk" that we use for politicians who have no clue about the lives of ordinary people. But the Vatican, with it's segregated education from an early age, denial of family life, obscene wealth and total lack of accountability making laws for the poorest people on earth is so far beyond that. Only the Vatican could teach abstinence alongside female submission to male authority and then make abortion a sin.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
SoSexy
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Italy3725 Posts
February 11 2013 13:34 GMT
#92
So much hate and ignorance in this thread. Disgusting.
Dating thread on TL LUL
McBengt
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden1684 Posts
February 11 2013 13:35 GMT
#93
On February 11 2013 22:25 shadymmj wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2013 22:16 McBengt wrote:
On February 11 2013 21:58 shadymmj wrote:
this thread is disgusting. feel free to make a new "we hate the church" thread and stand on your moral pedestal there. seriously, i didn't even know how a starcraft site becomes a breeding ground for anti-papal sentiments.

for other sane onlookers, let's just discuss this surprising decision by a very influential (but ordinary) man.


Nothing we write here is even remotely comparable to the heinous crimes against humanity and all decency committed by the Vatican. It is deserving of all the scorn it gets, and more. It epitomizes the worst elements of christianity, the teachings of the kind and generous man they profess to worship forgotten or simply ignored in favour of amassing wealth and temporal power.

The Vatican is a blight on the world, that has monopolized this absurd notion of a middleman between an individual and his/her god as a means to acquire power over them, nothing more.


yeah, i would love to have some of that high class crack you smoke

all religions take a stand on something, and some religions take an even more extreme stance (eg. islam...)
it's unrealistic to expect benedict to make a complete u-turn on church doctrines, that would be absurd

personally i do not see anything wrong with advocating (read, advocating - not the position itself) a firm stance against abortion and homosexuality.

i mean, if you said, i don't think he made a very good pope because of his failure to address condoms and AIDS, hopefully his successor will be better...then I think it is a perfectly valid comment. other inflammatory comments, not so much.


Why on earth should the Vatican be granted some kind of moral exemption? Are you suggesting that we should be more tolerant of their disgusting doctrines and rank hypocrisy because they are founded in faith?

Regardless, he was a bad pope because he was a bad pope, just like most others. His views are the views of those who elected him, otherwise someone else would have been chosen. I see no reason to expect a more progressive pope this time. The problem is not with this pope, or the previous, or the next. It is a systemic cancer in the Vatican itself.
"My twelve year old will out-reason Bill Maher when it comes to understanding, you know, what, uh, how to logic work" - Rick Santorum
Geneq
Profile Joined August 2010
Poland165 Posts
February 11 2013 13:38 GMT
#94
On February 11 2013 22:34 SoSexy wrote:
So much hate and ignorance in this thread. Disgusting.

Yeah, that's catholicism, nothing you can do.
furymonkey
Profile Joined December 2008
New Zealand1587 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-11 13:40:13
February 11 2013 13:38 GMT
#95
Don't have strength to continue fulfill his duty? John Pope II at his final years seems have got very old, yet he was still able to fulfill his duty, Pope Benedict XVI looks more healthy than John Pope II too.

It's sad to see him go, considered I see him everyday in an electricity provider advertisment.

Don't look if you have a anti gay marriage stance, you will find this offensive.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Leenock the Punisher
SpeaKEaSY
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1070 Posts
February 11 2013 13:39 GMT
#96
On February 11 2013 22:15 Zandar wrote:
For the record to my Catholic fellows here.
I'm a non believer somewhere between agnost and atheist.
I don't hate Catholics at all. I have neighbours, family members who are catholic. I've been to a catholic school as a kid. Even had catholic girlfiends.

I just think it's time for a more modern pope, and yes I think Benedictis did some serious harm.
But can I say that without being anti catholic? I sure hope I can.


There's nothing wrong with being criticizing the church, as long as your criticisms are informed and you keep your logic consistent with other religions, social groups and organizations. For example, I think if people held all governments to the same standard we hold the Vatican, there would be a lot fewer bullshit laws on the books. Unfortunately, many people hold a bias against the church because their political beliefs are different than that of the church, so they will excuse or even praise organizations that do the same or worse things than the church does. They readily make uniformed criticisms because they saw a youtube video once or something like that.
Aim for perfection, settle for mediocrity - KawaiiRice 2014
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
February 11 2013 13:41 GMT
#97
On February 11 2013 22:32 Zandar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2013 22:27 Ljas wrote:
On February 11 2013 22:15 Zandar wrote:
I'm a non believer somewhere between agnost and atheist.

[nitpick]
So you're an agnostic atheist? There's no "in between" since agnostic-gnostic and theist-atheist are completely different scales.
[/nitpick]


I know lol.
I tend to have a hard time making up my mind.
I don't believe at all, but hardcore atheists sometimes sound like believers themselves.
Which makes me move to the "I don't know and I for sure don't care" position, which fits agnost better.

Would you say you're more of a pure Neutral, Neutral good, or Loyal neutral?
Ljas
Profile Joined July 2012
Finland725 Posts
February 11 2013 13:41 GMT
#98
On February 11 2013 22:32 Zandar wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On February 11 2013 22:27 Ljas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2013 22:15 Zandar wrote:
I'm a non believer somewhere between agnost and atheist.

[nitpick]
So you're an agnostic atheist? There's no "in between" since agnostic-gnostic and theist-atheist are completely different scales.
[/nitpick]


I know lol.
I tend to have a hard time making up my mind.
I don't believe at all, but hardcore atheists sometimes sound like believers themselves.
Which makes me move to the "I don't know and I for sure don't care" position, which fits agnost better.


All of the "hardcore" atheists that aren't just bashing religion without any reasoning, like Dawkins for example, are agnostic atheists. It's the idea that we can never be certain that there is no god, but neither is there any evidence to say that there is.
The big difference between them and you is that they care because religion is still a powerful force in today's society.
StarVe
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany13591 Posts
February 11 2013 13:43 GMT
#99
At least it's some small sign of progress, I mean, the whole "stay pope until you die" concept does seem kind of outdated, doesn't it?

I must admit, I didn't think a reactionist like Benedict would be the one to herald such changes.

Oh well, I'm fine with it, every time they elect a new pope I have a small glimmer of hope that they'll slowly start to modernize.
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
February 11 2013 13:44 GMT
#100
On February 11 2013 22:41 ZenithM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2013 22:32 Zandar wrote:
On February 11 2013 22:27 Ljas wrote:
On February 11 2013 22:15 Zandar wrote:
I'm a non believer somewhere between agnost and atheist.

[nitpick]
So you're an agnostic atheist? There's no "in between" since agnostic-gnostic and theist-atheist are completely different scales.
[/nitpick]


I know lol.
I tend to have a hard time making up my mind.
I don't believe at all, but hardcore atheists sometimes sound like believers themselves.
Which makes me move to the "I don't know and I for sure don't care" position, which fits agnost better.

Would you say you're more of a pure Neutral, Neutral good, or Loyal neutral?


He definitely looks like a pure neutral. "I don't know and I don't care". I think there's no need to find a specific name for it ^_^.
Well... maybe a lazy agnostic, don't know and don't want to try to find out, but that sounds a bit negative (with lazyness).
LiquipediaWanderer
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 24 25 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
11:00
INu's Battles#21
Zoun vs herOLIVE!
SHIN vs TBD
IntoTheiNu 884
LiquipediaDiscussion
The PondCast
10:00
Episode 112
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko427
OGKoka 215
Rex 72
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 53169
Calm 3737
Shuttle 2417
Bisu 1333
FanTaSy 1208
firebathero 383
Zeus 284
Hyuk 276
Stork 264
actioN 242
[ Show more ]
Mini 222
Rush 219
Soma 215
EffOrt 153
Light 139
Last 136
Soulkey 125
ZerO 105
Snow 100
Dewaltoss 74
Mong 71
Pusan 68
Killer 46
JYJ 43
Barracks 39
NotJumperer 37
Bale 36
Free 35
ToSsGirL 35
hero 33
Shinee 33
PianO 28
Shine 24
Aegong 21
sorry 21
Noble 20
Sharp 20
yabsab 19
HiyA 16
Sacsri 11
Dota 2
Gorgc5670
Dendi607
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1442
kRYSTAL_250
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King101
Other Games
gofns38158
singsing1936
B2W.Neo613
crisheroes240
DeMusliM189
Livibee77
hiko14
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV199
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 5
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
51m
OSC
10h 6m
Replay Cast
10h 51m
OSC
1d 10h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 21h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.