• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:45
CEST 18:45
KST 01:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9311 users

A Song EVERYONE Should Have In Their Music Library - Page 21

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 35 Next All
henreiman
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States407 Posts
August 17 2011 23:50 GMT
#401
On August 18 2011 08:47 CubEdIn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 18 2011 08:26 henreiman wrote:
On August 18 2011 06:48 ProTech_MediC wrote:
Great idea for a thread, some good tunes in there, but.... Creed?

Really?


Apparently there is a cult hatred of all that is Creed so, even though this thread has seen about every type of music possible, let me explain myself in the hopes that I don't see another troll thread about it again.

Let me start with something simple: just because you don't like a band doesn't mean it can't produce one or two great songs. Sure, Creed is a Christian rock band. But, the message this song conveys is a universal tale of happiness, blessing, and courage. I don't see why just because you're not Christian (I happen to be Agnostic, FYI) you can't appreciate both a) a good song with good chords and b) a beautiful underlying message.

My library happens to be full of just about everything - Skrillex, Mungo Jerry, The Who, Clint Mansell. Just about every type of music you could imagine. I picked the song not because it's super famous and timeless (I could easily pick, for instance, Stairway to Heaven - which two or three people have already posted) but because I feel everyone can relate to it.

/end


I'm curious if you are/have been watching/listening to all the songs that have been posted.
I know that most people who make these threads just wanna post some songs they like, I have that urge too sometimes, to share, but you seem to be following this and "taking notes".

I appreciate that.


Thanks for that :D I can't say I've been listening to every song, but when I am going through to make the list I am sampling as many as I can (and listening to the whole song if I like the first minute a lot). I think I've added 25-30 songs to my library from this thread. Which is only like 10%, but hey, no one likes everything.
Airstrike
Profile Joined March 2010
United Kingdom50 Posts
August 17 2011 23:51 GMT
#402
Tool - Lateralus



Masterpiece.
GigaFlop
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States1146 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-18 05:58:00
August 18 2011 05:25 GMT
#403
8-bit metal can be seriously awesome



And here's my giant list!
AA(the good AA): Runes to my Memory, Victorious March, Death in Fire+ Show Spoiler +





In Flames: Only for the Weak, Cloud Connected+ Show Spoiler +




Devildriver: I Could Care Less, The Fury of our Maker's Hand, Head on to Heartache+ Show Spoiler +





Dr. Dre + Eminem: I Need a Doctor+ Show Spoiler +


2:45 is when the song starts




If I find anything else, I'll edit it in.
Yay, more stuff!
Because of the opening line, I'm keeping this unspoilered

Alestorm: Keelhauled+ Show Spoiler +




Lacuna Coil: I Like It, I Won't Tell You+ Show Spoiler +



(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ "Shift-Q oftentimes makes a capital Q" - Day[9] || iNcontrol - Alligator from heaven = ^
Divergence
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada363 Posts
August 18 2011 05:37 GMT
#404
Here's my contribution



I wouldn't consider myself a big hip-hop fan, but for some reason this song really impressed me. It's by Mos Def and Talib Kweli (under the name BlackStar). Most people who know hip hop should know who Mos Def is, but for some reason Talib Kweli is remarkably underrated (despite him being very skilled lyrically). The background track is very good, and the feel of the song is very relaxing. But ultimately what draws me in are the lyrics. Kweli has amazing lyrical flow (imo), and Mos Def is killing also. I could tell you what the song is about, but perhaps its better if you find your own meaning it. Roughly, you could say it's a criticism of our society and culture.

To fully enjoy this you should just let the beat move your body and listen to the lyrics. You don't need to listen too closely or anything (this isn't a lecture), but don't ignore them.
Satire
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada295 Posts
August 18 2011 06:00 GMT
#405
I love Heavy Metal, but this song seriously is probably one of my favourite songs to listen to when I'm feeling down:

Anna Nalick - Just Breathe
Satire is a lesson, parody is a game.
Belial88
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States5217 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-18 06:36:40
August 18 2011 06:34 GMT
#406
On August 18 2011 00:23 Sennap wrote:
Rjd2 - Ghostwriter



Yes! I saw him live recently, he was fucking amazing! The set was kinda short, especially for a DJ (i guess normal if you compare him to like a typical band though), but he really felt the crowd and played quite a bit longer for us.

I mean his new stuff was meh, but live it was still at least pretty decent.

To the guy that posted Agalloch, they are pretty awesome I just found out about them. Reminds me a lot of Opeth.
How to build a $500 i7-3770K Ultimate Computer:http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=392709 ******** 100% Safe Razorless Delid Method! http://www.overclock.net/t/1376206/how-to-delid-your-ivy-bridge-cpu-with-out-a-razor-blade/0_100
analyze
Profile Joined April 2011
United States155 Posts
August 18 2011 06:41 GMT
#407
This thread helped me find spotify too.. Simply amazing thread. Win written on every page.
SaftKalasEmil
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Sweden213 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-18 07:07:42
August 18 2011 06:59 GMT
#408

really good song ^__^
TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #27 SaftKalasEmil.
CellGel
Profile Joined August 2011
Australia27 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-18 07:22:47
August 18 2011 07:22 GMT
#409
Everything by Frost* is pretty amazing, but Milliontown is the easiest song to sum them up with, although it is really long. For something shorter but still representative of their style try Hyperventilate.
Link to part 1/3:
+ Show Spoiler +


Explanation:
+ Show Spoiler +
I might be a bit biased towards prog rock since I've got wierd head things going on and am apparently a very strong musical empathy thing (psychologist speak for I like music? :p), but the sheer amount of emotion in all the various sections in Milliontown always make me stop whatever I'm doing and just sit there tingling :D.
Also, the rhythmic breakdown in the last section is awesome.
And hyperventilate is for those of you who might not enjoy the singer that much , pure instrumental prettiness all the way through.
Enjoy :3


Great to see so much Porcupine tree love as well. Where's the Studio Ghibli music at though? Every single one of those piano compositions makes me cry :p
Fix the colours!!!!
r33k
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Italy3402 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-18 07:30:53
August 18 2011 07:30 GMT
#410
I recommend this so that people will stop bugging you about having rap stuff in your music folder.



The abridged version if 3 minutes are too much

Forgottenfrog
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United States1268 Posts
August 18 2011 07:41 GMT
#411
Fugees- Killing me softly

Shinobi1982
Profile Joined January 2011
1605 Posts
August 18 2011 07:48 GMT
#412
On August 17 2011 21:24 Morfildur wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2011 19:28 Vortigan wrote:
Love the idea of this thread but so many of these suggestions are just basic pop garbage music with no significant meaning or cultural importance. They might be good for some people but they are really not music everybody should listen to :D

Anyway i grew up listening to bob dylan with my dad and one song that meant a lot to me at the time and still does. Bob dylan wrote this song about the blues legend Blind Willie McTell who past away.

Bob Dylan - Blind Willie McTell


I agree, there should be a rule to that like "The song must be at least 10 years old" or something.
Too many of the songs sound nice but carry no real weight, just another flavour of the month/year style of song that noone will remember in a few years.

I have to agree with this. It begun good with Johnny Cash but then it went down the hill.
Also... before posting...
When you read the title: "A Song EVERYONE Should Have In Their Music Library"
You should read: Would a 10-50 year-old somebody (anybody) run the f*ck away from if they hear this at a public place.

Btw + Show Spoiler +
I listen to everything, my workout music is heavy metal/melodic death metal. But that does not justify posting it in "this" thread :D.
Train like an animal, eat like a horse, sleep like a baby, grow like a weed.
rebuffering
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada2436 Posts
August 18 2011 07:52 GMT
#413
I refuse to beleive that any person could say no to this song and band! 16bit!

http://www.twitch.tv/rebufferingg
Zero.Tha.Hero
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada155 Posts
August 18 2011 08:12 GMT
#414
SONG: The Pursuit of Vikings

ARTIST: Amon Amarth

EXPLANATION:
+ Show Spoiler +
This song carries such fierce emotional power behind it, it's impossible for even the most cultured and refined individual to feel it's artistic might. This story of triumphant conquer completely embodies the persistent motif of strength and independence found throughout heavy metal. Messages of personal empowerment and conquest are delivered in a way that reaches deep through the listeners incorporeal "spirit". The music is a brutally technical flow, like the combined power and grace of a crashing waterfall. I can't help but feel my skin crawl every time I listen to this track.

VIDEO:
+ Show Spoiler +

LYRICS:
+ Show Spoiler +
To the untrained ear, some death metal lyrics can be difficult to comprehend. For the full enjoyment experiencing this song, read along
+ Show Spoiler +
The warming sun returns again
And melts away the snow
The sea is freed from icy chains
Winter is letting go

Standing on the ocean side
We can hear the waves
Calling us out with tide
To sail into our fate

Oden! Guide our ships
Our axes, spears and swords
Guide us through storms that whip
And in brutal war

Our ships await us by the shore
Time has come to leave
Our country, family and homes
For riches in the east

Some of us won't return
But that won't bring us down
Our fate is written in the web
Woven by the Norns

A ram is sacrificed
Across the longship's bow
And as we set our sails
A strong breeze starts to blow

It carries us out to sea
With hope of fame and pride
And glorious all will be
That with sword in hand will die

Oden! Guide our ships
Our Axes, spears and swords
Guide us through storms that whip
And in brutal war

Oden! Guide our ships
Our axes, spears and swords
Guide us through storms that whip
And in brutal war
Jumbled
Profile Joined September 2010
1543 Posts
August 18 2011 08:14 GMT
#415


Vitriol - Bluejuice
lachy89
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia264 Posts
August 18 2011 11:08 GMT
#416
Crazy Train - Ozzy Osbourne

Because this thread needs it

ButtCraft
Profile Joined March 2011
United States114 Posts
August 18 2011 11:19 GMT
#417


Five For Fighing - 100 years


Enough said.
Sometimes you just gotta say fuck it, and swing for the fuckin fences
Zodiac7777
Profile Joined November 2010
81 Posts
August 18 2011 15:47 GMT
#418


Mayer Hawthorne - Gangsta Luv

He's not that well known but he really should be
GigaFlop
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States1146 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-18 18:03:43
August 18 2011 18:01 GMT
#419
moar Amon Amarth!

I think this can really speak to people when they read along..
I'm not sure what to think of this, but I'm sure anyone who listens will find their own meaning. But yes, I know the subject of the song dies.
Embrace of the Endless Ocean
vid+ Show Spoiler +



lyrics+ Show Spoiler +

I stroke the blade with my hand,
The sharp edge cuts the skin.
Blood drips to the rain-wet sand;
My journey can begin.

Once a slave, but now I'm free
My honor is restored!
Once again, I ride the seas
Free at last, from whip and oar

I slide the sword into a sheath
The ocean god is hailed
And as we push out to the sea
We raise the rest of sails

I've missed the breeze of my home shore
The frozen lakes and winter snow...
But now my dream starts to unfold.
Father, I'm coming home!

The storm devoured without remorse
And water crushed the rails
The ship was thrown back and forth
A strong wind ripped the sails

The icy waves embrace my skin,
I am going down
The endless ocean swallows me
This will be, my cold, wet tomb

Won't feel the breeze of my home shore
Nor see the lakes or winter snow...
My hopeful dreams lie ripped and torn
Father, I die alone, I die alone!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ "Shift-Q oftentimes makes a capital Q" - Day[9] || iNcontrol - Alligator from heaven = ^
Epithet
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States840 Posts
August 18 2011 18:03 GMT
#420
Porcupine tree - deadwing
YellOw, Reach, & Nal_Ra Hwaiting!!
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 35 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 15m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech164
UpATreeSC 115
BRAT_OK 56
mouzHeroMarine 51
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3801
Bisu 1752
Soulkey 1306
EffOrt 946
Mini 632
Larva 405
ZerO 317
Horang2 287
actioN 222
ggaemo 165
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 98
Mind 81
hero 77
Shinee 68
Sharp 66
sorry 56
Snow 48
Barracks 41
Hyun 41
Bale 31
Trap 29
ToSsGirL 19
Terrorterran 17
NaDa 16
Rock 15
scan(afreeca) 13
Sacsri 10
Noble 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
zelot 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5628
Dendi1143
XaKoH 376
420jenkins346
League of Legends
Reynor68
Counter-Strike
fl0m3406
pashabiceps769
Fnx 658
x6flipin569
edward34
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes431
Liquid`Hasu38
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1495
hiko846
FrodaN575
XBOCT230
Livibee188
TKL 106
QueenE96
C9.Mang080
Mew2King42
ZerO(Twitch)23
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV199
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 52
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 37
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV672
League of Legends
• Nemesis3980
• TFBlade682
Other Games
• Shiphtur460
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 15m
Patches Events
23h 15m
The PondCast
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 18h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.