• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:16
CEST 20:16
KST 03:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8534 users

College Acceptance Thread '11 - Page 9

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 36 Next All
Choices
Profile Joined July 2010
United States7 Posts
March 25 2011 01:19 GMT
#161
Hey hey guys! I'm one of those Americans that decided to jump ship and dodge US admissions.
Idk the randomness just didn't appeal to me.
Anyways I've got into
University College London
University of Warwick
University of Edinburgh
=D GL to all
GreEny K
Profile Joined February 2008
Germany7312 Posts
March 25 2011 01:21 GMT
#162
OMg Mike why you fail so hard? I thought you were a child prodigy Y_Y. Where are Derek and Vic going? Community College? lol
Why would you ever choose failure, when success is an option.
Mailing
Profile Joined March 2011
United States3087 Posts
March 25 2011 01:22 GMT
#163
I hope many of you don't make the mistake of blowing yourself out on high school with the 4+ GPA and trying for high SAT scores and crap.

Once you are accepted into a university, everything before that is absolutely meaningless. And at least here in Virginia, you don't need to be a super star student to get accepted into UVA or VATech.

I would understand something like MIT... but some of you seem kind of super serious about this...

I guess west coast schools are just harder to get in to *shrug*
Are you hurting ESPORTS? Find out today - http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=232866
Perguvious
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States1783 Posts
March 25 2011 01:23 GMT
#164
On March 25 2011 10:14 n.DieJokes wrote:
I hate you kids from California so much... So many great in state schools all with good name recognition. Side note, for every poster who's like "wow tl is so smart you guys must be lying" you have to consider what kind of people are gonna post in this thread. Obviously your littler fishes are gonna pass, its an if you got it wave it kind of thing

Legion of mediocre students, RISEEEEE

3.8gpa weighted
no extracurricular activities
starcraft and hon all day long

1980 SAT
800 Chinese
590 US History
590 English Literature
AP Language and Composition 5
ACT 31

Accepted:
UC Riverside
UCSB

Rejected:
UCI
UCSD
UC Davis

Waiting:
Chapman

andrewlt
Profile Joined August 2009
United States7702 Posts
March 25 2011 01:31 GMT
#165
On March 25 2011 10:22 Mailing wrote:
I hope many of you don't make the mistake of blowing yourself out on high school with the 4+ GPA and trying for high SAT scores and crap.

Once you are accepted into a university, everything before that is absolutely meaningless. And at least here in Virginia, you don't need to be a super star student to get accepted into UVA or VATech.

I would understand something like MIT... but some of you seem kind of super serious about this...

I guess west coast schools are just harder to get in to *shrug*



California does have a lot of good schools but it also has a huge population. Not to mention that it attracts a lot of superstudious international students from Asia. From the people who self-identified their race, many of the posters on this thread are Asian, too.
b3h47pte
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States1317 Posts
March 25 2011 01:31 GMT
#166
On March 25 2011 10:21 GreEny K wrote:
OMg Mike why you fail so hard? I thought you were a child prodigy Y_Y. Where are Derek and Vic going? Community College? lol


Lol, hi inhale.
Derek doesn't know where he's going and I think victor is going to Seton Hall on a swimming scholarship.
AyeH
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States534 Posts
March 25 2011 01:32 GMT
#167
I know a person that ACED both the ACT and the SAT and was the national spelling bee champion for 2009 and didn't get into Stanford.

here is a news article on him:
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/education/article_f1f71a52-a341-5f14-b6eb-79443b56ccb2.html

if he can't get in, idk wtf you have to do to get into that school..
Is it in you?
Wala.Revolution
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
7584 Posts
March 25 2011 01:34 GMT
#168
I really am curious about the admission process. When schools look at my application, they should see potential (nothing compared to the people here with huge e-penises huge achievements) but have no motivation to actually realize it.

Do they really not look at senior year? If someone did 5 APs their junior but took only 4 core classes the senior, it should raise an alarm, although my essay was probably well-polished.
Stuck.
TangYiChen
Profile Joined March 2011
Korea (South)195 Posts
March 25 2011 01:34 GMT
#169
I currently go to GA Tech for cs. Good luck with it wherever you go haha. Tough major
Do the difficult things while they are easy and do the great things while they are small. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.
ihaveabeard
Profile Joined July 2010
United States52 Posts
March 25 2011 01:35 GMT
#170
Goin to Purdue
Kemonity Smith
Mailing
Profile Joined March 2011
United States3087 Posts
March 25 2011 01:35 GMT
#171
On March 25 2011 10:31 andrewlt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2011 10:22 Mailing wrote:
I hope many of you don't make the mistake of blowing yourself out on high school with the 4+ GPA and trying for high SAT scores and crap.

Once you are accepted into a university, everything before that is absolutely meaningless. And at least here in Virginia, you don't need to be a super star student to get accepted into UVA or VATech.

I would understand something like MIT... but some of you seem kind of super serious about this...

I guess west coast schools are just harder to get in to *shrug*



California does have a lot of good schools but it also has a huge population. Not to mention that it attracts a lot of superstudious international students from Asia. From the people who self-identified their race, many of the posters on this thread are Asian, too.


Yeah, ty... that makes sense

One of my best friends in HS was a Chinese student named Ming, who was basically the smartest student in the school, but couldn't be Valedictorian because he was not in IB (You need some bullshit like 8 AP classes to get a higher GPA than an IB student)

Our entire east coast school had less than 1% asian students, I can imagine what a Cali school is like n_n
Are you hurting ESPORTS? Find out today - http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=232866
Loser777
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
1931 Posts
March 25 2011 01:36 GMT
#172
On March 25 2011 10:34 TangYiChen wrote:
I currently go to GA Tech for cs. Good luck with it wherever you go haha. Tough major

I'm a little curious about Georgia Tech... US News says its 4-year graduation rate is 31%--any insight on that statistic?
6581
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
March 25 2011 01:37 GMT
#173
On March 25 2011 09:54 Fulgrim wrote:
GPA: 4.2
SAT: Math 700 CR 710 W 630
SAT II's: U.S. history 770 Physics 690

Classes: All AP and IB junior and senior year, my grades improved significantly from freshman/sophomore to junior/senior year

Extra curricular: XC 4 years, Model United Nations (communications officer, now VP), Haiti relief club, Internship with a congressman for a few weeks, and camp counselor, some community service

Essays + reccs: Pretty damn good

School list:
Mcgill: Accepted
St.Mary's college of Maryland: Accepted + scholarship program
College of W&M: Waiting....
UVA: Hear back tomorrow at 5 pm......................................
JMU: Waiting
Tufts: Waiting
Brown: Waiting.....

I can't concentrate on anything until I hear back from more schools.....



Come to McGill!!!
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
Gogleion
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States534 Posts
March 25 2011 01:38 GMT
#174
Denied:
US Air Force Academy (Damn nominations)

Pending:
University of Colorado at Colorado Springs

I'm thinking about just going out and getting a job and toughing it.
EffOrt. That is all.
GhostKorean
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States2330 Posts
March 25 2011 01:39 GMT
#175
Hmmm got rejected from Berkeley. Honestly I was pretty surprised
Stereotype
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States136 Posts
March 25 2011 01:41 GMT
#176
25 years old atm, finishing college for the first time with my Bachelor's in Physician Assistant come August 2012.

If I'd applied directly out of high school, I would have had a guaranteed seat in my program, however I didn't know about it, and simply assumed I was going to be an engineer. Instead, I went to UT Austin for 2 years in their Biomedical Engineering program there and decided I hated it. I'm definitely too social of a person to be able to handle a mostly laboratory career.

That said, I only went to UT Austin because it was far more affordable than anywhere else I got accepted. This was a huge factor for me, as I was financially and socially disowned by my parents at age 17 after coming out. I think my tear-jerker story, combined with 1590 SAT score (when it was 1600 max), excellent interview ability despite being homeschooled K-12, filled the "diversity checkbox" that has been referred to in this thread.

Didn't finish because I hated my major, and my boyfriend at the time was killed by a drunk driver, sending me into a wonderful toilet bowl of depression. Picked myself back up with the help of some SSRIs and my boyfriend's family, who were actually supportive of him.

Anyways, my advice to any high school juniors who are reading this thread; find some way to promote yourself, not just your academic achievements. A unique personality with a great story is probably one of the greatest things you can promote about yourself.

I was accepted into MIT, Harvard, Stanford, Boston University, and UT Austin. Glad I went the financially feasible route at the time, since I didn't end up getting a degree my first go-around.

Also, remember it's never too late; there's a woman in my program who's 47 and going for her first bachelor's degree after retiring from a full career in the Army as a secretary.
Imagine there's no heaven. It's easy if you try. -- John Lennon
101toss
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
3232 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-25 01:45:42
March 25 2011 01:45 GMT
#177
For those waiting on Stanford:
An Update on Admission Decisions
March 24, 2011

Freshman applicants should read this update on the release of decisions from the Director of Admission.

The Office of Undergraduate Admission is expected to complete its evaluation and selection process in the next few days. As a result, applicants are asked to refrain from submitting any new updates, notifications of awards or honors, and letters of recommendation. We will no longer be able to consider any new materials sent from this point forward.

We are still on schedule to release all freshman admission decisions on Friday, April 1 after 3pm (Pacific Time). All admission decisions will be sent via email from admission@stanford.edu and will be signed by Richard Shaw, Dean of Undergraduate Admission and Financial Aid. Decisions will not be posted on any Stanford Web site and only applicants offered admission will be sent any information by mail. Admitted students will be mailed a packet of materials (including their official offer of admission letter). All other decisions will be sent to students via email — including those students offered a space on our waiting list. All admission decisions will be final and given the highly selective nature of our process, we cannot consider any appeals whatsoever. We never, ever reverse an admission decision once it has been officially rendered.

Between now and April 1, please understand that we will not provide any additional information about the release of admission decisions by phone and we will not release any admission decisions over the phone under any circumstances, with the exception of students who have not received their admission decisions beginning the week of April 4.

We have been truly humbled by this year's selection process. We have tremendous respect for the students who put so much time and effort into their applications and who have worked so hard over the last several years to present us with incredibly compelling cases for consideration.

Unfortunately, roughly 94% of those who have applied will not be offered admission this year. We recognize how stressful this process can be for our applicants but we take great solace in knowing that any student who is even a candidate for admission to a place like Stanford will have wonderful college options, whether it be Stanford or another great university.
With great respect and best wishes to all of our candidates,
Bob

Bob Patterson
Director of Admission

http://admission.stanford.edu/site/news/index.html#n76

6% acceptance rate? Damn, it's a bigger crapshoot than ever this year.
Math doesn't kill champions and neither do wards
hypno_toad
Profile Joined December 2010
United States156 Posts
March 25 2011 01:51 GMT
#178
I'm not the greatest student around, have average grades and some extracurricular activities..

Got into Becker College for Game Development, gaming is what I've always done, and what I do best, so why not turn it into a career
┻━┻ ︵ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
b3h47pte
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States1317 Posts
March 25 2011 02:04 GMT
#179
On March 25 2011 10:51 hypno_toad wrote:
I'm not the greatest student around, have average grades and some extracurricular activities..

Got into Becker College for Game Development, gaming is what I've always done, and what I do best, so why not turn it into a career


Woot! Another game developer
I remember seeing Becker College at a booth while I was at PAX East I believe.

Are you studying to be an artist or something else?
sixduck
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States301 Posts
March 25 2011 02:09 GMT
#180
Accepted:
UC Santa Cruz

Rejected:
UCB
UCD
UCLA
Cal Poly Slo

Waitlisted:
Cal Poly Pomona

I'm not surprised but I am bummed haha. I had some terrible scores.
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 36 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 248
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
IndyStarCraft 248
BRAT_OK 60
MindelVK 17
JuggernautJason12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25699
Mini 412
Hyuk 204
firebathero 174
ggaemo 136
Mong 47
Dewaltoss 41
Hyun 36
ToSsGirL 25
Dota 2
Gorgc10275
febbydoto5
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1364
crisheroes1153
Liquid`Hasu780
Other Games
Grubby3180
FrodaN2444
fl0m1042
Beastyqt761
KnowMe181
mouzStarbuck171
Livibee151
ArmadaUGS119
Mew2King58
Trikslyr47
ToD33
Chillindude27
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1076
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 92
• StrangeGG 53
• Adnapsc2 19
• LUISG 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 7
• blackmanpl 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8433
• WagamamaTV247
Other Games
• imaqtpie803
• Shiphtur299
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
44m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 44m
INu's Battles
17h 44m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
20h 44m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
Replay Cast
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 15h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.