• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:04
CEST 05:04
KST 12:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8774 users

College Acceptance Thread '11 - Page 10

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 36 Next All
hypno_toad
Profile Joined December 2010
United States156 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-25 02:12:11
March 25 2011 02:11 GMT
#181
On March 25 2011 11:04 b3h47pte wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2011 10:51 hypno_toad wrote:
I'm not the greatest student around, have average grades and some extracurricular activities..

Got into Becker College for Game Development, gaming is what I've always done, and what I do best, so why not turn it into a career


Woot! Another game developer
I remember seeing Becker College at a booth while I was at PAX East I believe.

Are you studying to be an artist or something else?



Looking towards the programming end of it, seeing as I've never been the greatest artist :x..
I might dual major with Game Design as well because when I was looking at the classes you take for Development and Design, they both had a lot of the same classes.

Taking AP CS and am not finding it too difficult atm, and once I start in college I'll start taking my classes very seriously.

oh and Development = programming/////Design = Art
┻━┻ ︵ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
FakePromise
Profile Joined September 2010
United States77 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-25 02:13:14
March 25 2011 02:12 GMT
#182
Jesus christ, my grades and SAT scores are mediocre compared to you guys. So many Californians too, wonder how my life would have been if I didn't move to VA. Well I got into George Mason and probably gonna go there since I don't like James Madison that much and I didn't apply to Vtech
GhostKorean
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States2330 Posts
March 25 2011 02:14 GMT
#183
If I got rejected from UC Berkeley do I have no chance of getting into University of Pennsylvania? I applied as an engineering major if that makes a difference since UCB's engineering might be more competitive than Penn's engineering program
Herrmann
Profile Joined November 2010
United States65 Posts
March 25 2011 02:19 GMT
#184
Only applied to my top school Early Action and got in :D

University of Notre Dame- Accepted

~96 weighted GPA
2290 SAT (780 reading 730 math 780 writing)
790 Math II SAT2
750 History SAT2
720 Literature SAT2

bunch of volunteer stuff, xc and track runner, drummer in wind ensemble and jazz band, had a job as a waiter for a while
AP World History, U.S. History, Calc BC, Language and Composition- 5

Gonna be double majoring in Math and Music Theory!
HardCorey
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States709 Posts
March 25 2011 02:20 GMT
#185
On March 25 2011 11:12 FakePromise wrote:
Jesus christ, my grades and SAT scores are mediocre compared to you guys. So many Californians too, wonder how my life would have been if I didn't move to VA. Well I got into George Mason and probably gonna go there since I don't like James Madison that much and I didn't apply to Vtech



George Mason is a pretty good school man. I didn't apply there though just because I lived 20 minutes away and wanted to get out of the state (away from parents )

Man applying to schools was quite the experience 2 years ago. Almost ended up going to Eckerd College in Florida (great small liberal arts school although pretty easy to get into) instead went with my 2nd choice Quinnipiac University since I got deferred from first choice U. of Vermont.

Any TLers at QU? I doubt it... Its a pretty good school and I'm enjoying their small Comp. Sci. program. Really up and coming.
Don't Worry, Be Happy.
MattLz
Profile Joined December 2010
United States69 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-25 02:27:43
March 25 2011 02:22 GMT
#186
Haha saw this thread, was like cool I'll post my schools and stuff. Saw OP's stats and id rather just crawl back into my hole. Congrats though .

EDIT: To post above me, I live pretty close to Quinnipiac, welcome to CT
ViciousVanitye
Profile Joined February 2011
United States42 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-25 02:28:26
March 25 2011 02:25 GMT
#187
Accepted:
UC - Berkeley
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
University of Colorado - Boulder
University of Maryland
Rejected:
None
Waiting:
None

GPA ~ No clue, something like 4.8 weighted
SAT-2130
ACT - 34

Attending UM - Ann Arbor this fall

EDIT: Added a wrong college
Artes Scientias Veritas University of Michigan 2015
GhostKorean
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States2330 Posts
March 25 2011 02:26 GMT
#188
On March 25 2011 11:25 ViciousVanitye wrote:
Accepted:
UC - Berkeley
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
University of Colorado - Boulder
University of Pennsylvania
University of Maryland
Rejected:
None
Waiting:
None

Attending UM - Ann Arbor this fall

When did you get your upenn admission?
ViciousVanitye
Profile Joined February 2011
United States42 Posts
March 25 2011 02:27 GMT
#189
On March 25 2011 11:26 GhostKorean wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2011 11:25 ViciousVanitye wrote:
Accepted:
UC - Berkeley
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
University of Colorado - Boulder
University of Pennsylvania
University of Maryland
Rejected:
None
Waiting:
None

Attending UM - Ann Arbor this fall

When did you get your upenn admission?


Oops sorry, I didn't actually apply there
I was trying to remember colleges and that was prospective but I never actually did anything about it
Artes Scientias Veritas University of Michigan 2015
TehPwntif
Profile Joined April 2010
United States25 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-25 02:28:14
March 25 2011 02:27 GMT
#190
On March 25 2011 11:25 ViciousVanitye wrote:
Accepted:
University of Pennsylvania


Attending UM - Ann Arbor this fall


You got into UPenn and and are going to Umichigan? I'm interested to hear why.
@poster above me, he probably got a likely letter. I did.

Edit: Woops I guess that was a mistake.
ViciousVanitye
Profile Joined February 2011
United States42 Posts
March 25 2011 02:29 GMT
#191
On March 25 2011 11:27 TehPwntif wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2011 11:25 ViciousVanitye wrote:
Accepted:
University of Pennsylvania


Attending UM - Ann Arbor this fall


You got into UPenn and and are going to Umichigan? I'm interested to hear why.
@poster above me, he probably got a likely letter. I did.

Edit: Woops I guess that was a mistake.



Even if I got accepted into UPenn, I prob would've gone to UMich anyways, b/c of cost and UMich was my dream school
Artes Scientias Veritas University of Michigan 2015
TehPwntif
Profile Joined April 2010
United States25 Posts
March 25 2011 02:30 GMT
#192
That's reasonable. I know a lot of people who go to UMich and love it.
Jieun
Profile Joined October 2010
United States247 Posts
March 25 2011 02:35 GMT
#193
Accepted:
UCLA
USC
UCSB
UC Davis
UC Irvine

Rejected:
UC Berkeley

Waitlist:
UCSD

I'm probably going to go to UCLA unless I get off the waitlist at UCSD somehow (yeeeaaa joe's pizza).
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
March 25 2011 02:36 GMT
#194
On March 25 2011 11:14 GhostKorean wrote:
If I got rejected from UC Berkeley do I have no chance of getting into University of Pennsylvania? I applied as an engineering major if that makes a difference since UCB's engineering might be more competitive than Penn's engineering program

You're on even standing. I ahve a friend who got rejected compsci berkeley, got in compsci at UPenn
KunfO
Profile Joined March 2010
United States81 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-25 02:42:35
March 25 2011 02:39 GMT
#195
(Law School)
Accepted:

Rejected:

Waitlist:
William & Mary

Waiting:
Boston
Boston College
George Washington University
Washington U in St. Louis
University of Illinois
Maryland
George Mason University
Washington & Lee
Seton Hall
Fordham University

I applied late xD will update
adrenaLinG
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Canada676 Posts
March 25 2011 02:40 GMT
#196
On March 25 2011 07:47 smokeyhoodoo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2011 07:42 chenchen wrote:
On March 25 2011 07:39 Cambium wrote:
On March 25 2011 07:26 b3h47pte wrote:
On March 25 2011 07:19 drag_ wrote:
You got rejected from Stanford?!
As far as I can tell you're pretty much the ideal student, did they give you some reason why or was it just bad luck


Naw they didn't give me a reason but I assume it has something to do with me being Chinese :\

On March 25 2011 07:21 Tiegrr wrote:
Did you have any extracurriculars?


Kind of. Extracurricular as in sports..no not really aside from doing varsity swimming for 3 years. I was kind of banking on my indie game programming to get me in but oh well XD


Being Chinese (or Asian in general, maybe) sucks when it comes to admissions. We rack up good numbers and have a more than solid application, but there are just too many of us =.=


I have two white friends who were both around 2300, 790+ on SAT II's, 14-15 5's on APs, and solid extracurriculars (sciency, programmy stuff), who didn't really get into anywhere competitive (MIT, Harvard, Stanford, Penn).

So no, it's just that Stanford is rape hard to get into.


No, thats false. Schools discriminate against whites and east asians. Thats a verifiable fact.


http://www.usatoday.com/news/education/2009-04-24-university-california-asian_N.htm

Nah, just asians
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Fluffy1
Profile Joined September 2010
United States322 Posts
March 25 2011 02:47 GMT
#197
Wow nice job guys, a lot of impressive people from what I saw in this thread!

Suny Plattsburgh for Global supply chain management here :o
"I may be an idiot, but I am not stupid"
Rkie
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States1278 Posts
March 25 2011 02:55 GMT
#198
Looking at you guys, I feel stupid. Its probably the product of me being lazy, but:

SAT: 1970
GPA: 4.68
ACT: 30


Applied to:
Florida State (accepted)
University of Florida (accepted, attending)

I am mostly going for electrical engineering, maybe a language or programming double major as well. I only applied here because of in-state tuition and scholarships as well.

feanor1
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1899 Posts
March 25 2011 02:56 GMT
#199
On March 25 2011 11:40 adrenaLinG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 25 2011 07:47 smokeyhoodoo wrote:
On March 25 2011 07:42 chenchen wrote:
On March 25 2011 07:39 Cambium wrote:
On March 25 2011 07:26 b3h47pte wrote:
On March 25 2011 07:19 drag_ wrote:
You got rejected from Stanford?!
As far as I can tell you're pretty much the ideal student, did they give you some reason why or was it just bad luck


Naw they didn't give me a reason but I assume it has something to do with me being Chinese :\

On March 25 2011 07:21 Tiegrr wrote:
Did you have any extracurriculars?


Kind of. Extracurricular as in sports..no not really aside from doing varsity swimming for 3 years. I was kind of banking on my indie game programming to get me in but oh well XD


Being Chinese (or Asian in general, maybe) sucks when it comes to admissions. We rack up good numbers and have a more than solid application, but there are just too many of us =.=


I have two white friends who were both around 2300, 790+ on SAT II's, 14-15 5's on APs, and solid extracurriculars (sciency, programmy stuff), who didn't really get into anywhere competitive (MIT, Harvard, Stanford, Penn).

So no, it's just that Stanford is rape hard to get into.


No, thats false. Schools discriminate against whites and east asians. Thats a verifiable fact.


http://www.usatoday.com/news/education/2009-04-24-university-california-asian_N.htm

Nah, just asians


And UM on the other hand.........http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grutter_v._Bollinger
Srsly he isn't making his facts up, schools discriminate against whites, and men as well.
RedMochi
Profile Joined March 2011
United States2 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-25 03:07:05
March 25 2011 03:00 GMT
#200
4.2 weighted gpa
2240 SAT
35 ACT
800 Math II
790 Chem
790 US history
770 Bio
740 Physics
APs: Calc BC, Bio, US History, Physics B, English lit&comp, compsci A, Euro
All 4's and 5's. Mostly 5's
250+ hours volunteering
National and International Awards for Piano
State and National Awards for Science competitions
AMC 12- 88.5
AIME- 2 <--- yeah i know it sucks
National Merit Finalist
Some clubs but nothing that important
National Honor Society

Accepted:
UCR
Cal Poly Pomona

Rejected:
UCI
UCSD
UCLA
UCB

Waiting:
Columbia
Harvard
Princeton
Yale

I have officially lost all faith in the college admissions process.
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 36 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 196
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 520
NaDa 48
TT1 3
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm196
LuMiX0
Other Games
summit1g10181
JimRising 714
WinterStarcraft363
Mew2King97
ViBE95
ArmadaUGS39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1410
BasetradeTV263
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream148
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 86
• davetesta44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush714
• Lourlo430
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 56m
INu's Battles
8h 56m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 56m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 56m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 56m
Replay Cast
19h 56m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.