• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:38
CEST 21:38
KST 04:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War325.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8496 users

[M] The Dark Knight Rises (SPOILERS) - Page 91

Forum Index > General Forum
Post a Reply
Prev 1 89 90 91 92 93 102 Next
Proof.
Profile Joined August 2011
535 Posts
August 02 2012 08:24 GMT
#1801
On August 02 2012 08:22 starfries wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 02 2012 02:50 Greggle wrote:
I thought Bane did an incredible job as a villain, and this is coming from someone who facepalmed when they chose him over The Penguin, Ventriloquist or Black Mask,any one of these guys would be awesome and creepy as fuck when I imagined them making the same transition the Joker did. His motive was well established and deeply woven into the existing story, his plan had a deeper depth and meaning than to simply kill a bunch of people and it was a joy to watch all of Gotham fall so easily to him. I loved that I had fully expected him to blow the shit out of everyone in the stadium only to let them be free. It defied my expectations in every way.

erm... since you seem to understand what Bane was up to, can you explain it? I get that the idea was to "break Batman's spirit" by making him watch his city burn, but his "genius" plan makes him seem more like Dr.Evil than a villain worthy of Batman. I know not everyone can be the Joker, but he has Batman helpless at his feet which basically gives him free reign for any sort of elaborate mental torture he can come up with, and the best he can do is "here, watch from a safe distance while I nuke myself"? What's wrong with just chopping off the Bat-limbs and then lighting a few orphanages on fire?

What I understood is that Bane's goal was similar to that of Raz Al Ghul (whatever the spelling is) from Batman 1. Gotham was past its peak/full of corruption and needed to be destroyed (the whole purpose of the League of Shadows). The League was foiled that time so Bane's back to help finish the job...and kick Batman's ass while he's at it (revenge for killing Raz I guess).
I could be wrong though.. : \
He who has a why to live can bear almost any how
Tyree
Profile Joined November 2010
1508 Posts
August 02 2012 10:18 GMT
#1802
Spoilers incoming about the ending



I am surprised by how many people thought the ending was ambiguous. Its pretty cut and dry that Alfred really sees Wayne, some deemed it another dream or hallucination. I say, stop watching Inception, not everything in movies is a hallucination or dream.

How can you be against the idea that he put it on autopilot and made it out alive, but perfectly accept many of the absurdities in The Dark Knight? If you put too much detail into movies you will not be able to enjoy it

I doubt Warner Brothers would allow them to "kill" Batman even if Nolan wanted it, which wouldnt fit in with his overall theme for the series. It is their biggest franchise now that Harry Potter movies are finished. Batman as a character in that world is considered dead, which elevates Batman to the status that he wanted since Batman Begins, he is now immortal and uncorruptible, he does more good as "dead" than alive.

Bruce Wayne is still alive, he barely made it and his body is likely broken down. Perfect ending to a uneven trilogy.


I still consider The Animated Series as the de facto Batman experience, that whole world of Gotham feels like the real thing (despite being...a cartoon!?), every other show, movie feels like a interpretation of that. Forget Ledger and Jack, Mark Hamill is the freaking Joker.

The Animated Series + Arkham City+Arkham Asylum games + Nolan Trilogy + Batman (Burton) is what i consider the quintessential Batman in movies, games and shows. Get those and you are set
★ Top Gun ★
BoxingKangaroo
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Japan955 Posts
August 02 2012 10:50 GMT
#1803
On August 02 2012 17:03 Chriscras wrote:
Bane's prison (really Talia's prison) was super silly, but other than that I like it about as much as Batman Begins.

NOTHING WILL EVER TOP THE DARK KNIGHT THOUGH, POSSIBLY THE GREATEST MOVIE OF THE CENTURY.


Haha. The Dark Knight is destined to be this generations teenagers 'Matrix'. A high budget movie, aimed at that demographic, lots of guns and explosions that the teens eat up uncritically. I agree with one poster above. TDK was a mess. It's saving grace was Heath's performance, but one man can't carry a movie. DKR was better, on par with Begins, but after repeated watchings of Nolan's stuff, I'm convinced he needs:

- better editors (both at the writing and post production stages).
- someone to tell him to turn down the damn sound.

He's got grandiose ideas, and a big budget, but his execution is just a little off. Unfortunately a big budget does not a good movie make.
Bamm
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden279 Posts
August 02 2012 13:30 GMT
#1804
Yeah The dark knight is easy the best one, but DKR was really insane too, just not as insane
Bamm and the dirt is gone!
KimJongIlJr
Profile Joined August 2011
Korea (North)61 Posts
August 02 2012 14:04 GMT
#1805
Saw this, would rate it third in the trilogy (Dark Knight second, Begins the best), but it's not a bad movie. I felt this movie would have been better separated into two films. At times it felt crammed and forced. Maybe there will be a director's cut that includes scenes that didn't make the cut.

One thing I do appreciate is Nolan made Gotham City just as much of a central character as Bruce Wayne throughout the trilogy. One I didn't was Nolan's interpretation of Bane

Also the musical score was well done.

For a superhero movie 8/10, for general 7/10 tops.
This space for rent
Catch]22
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Sweden2683 Posts
August 02 2012 14:41 GMT
#1806
Man people are bitchy in this thread, it was a good movie, not as good as the one with the Joker tho.

People are really spoiled, show me 5 superhero movies that are better than this (except The Dark Knight).
corumjhaelen
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
France6884 Posts
August 02 2012 15:07 GMT
#1807
So because people disagree they are abviously spoilt and should give you a counter-example among a small subgenre that has very few interesting movies ?
That being said :
Unbreakable, Spiderman 2-3, The Avengers, the good X-Men movies.
You're welcome.
‎numquam se plus agere quam nihil cum ageret, numquam minus solum esse quam cum solus esset
starfries
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada3508 Posts
August 02 2012 18:55 GMT
#1808
On August 02 2012 17:24 Proof. wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 02 2012 08:22 starfries wrote:
On August 02 2012 02:50 Greggle wrote:
I thought Bane did an incredible job as a villain, and this is coming from someone who facepalmed when they chose him over The Penguin, Ventriloquist or Black Mask,any one of these guys would be awesome and creepy as fuck when I imagined them making the same transition the Joker did. His motive was well established and deeply woven into the existing story, his plan had a deeper depth and meaning than to simply kill a bunch of people and it was a joy to watch all of Gotham fall so easily to him. I loved that I had fully expected him to blow the shit out of everyone in the stadium only to let them be free. It defied my expectations in every way.

erm... since you seem to understand what Bane was up to, can you explain it? I get that the idea was to "break Batman's spirit" by making him watch his city burn, but his "genius" plan makes him seem more like Dr.Evil than a villain worthy of Batman. I know not everyone can be the Joker, but he has Batman helpless at his feet which basically gives him free reign for any sort of elaborate mental torture he can come up with, and the best he can do is "here, watch from a safe distance while I nuke myself"? What's wrong with just chopping off the Bat-limbs and then lighting a few orphanages on fire?

What I understood is that Bane's goal was similar to that of Raz Al Ghul (whatever the spelling is) from Batman 1. Gotham was past its peak/full of corruption and needed to be destroyed (the whole purpose of the League of Shadows). The League was foiled that time so Bane's back to help finish the job...and kick Batman's ass while he's at it (revenge for killing Raz I guess).
I could be wrong though.. : \

Hmm ok, that makes more sense. It's been a while since I saw the first one... I figured just rewatching the second would be enough to refresh me.
DJ – do you like ramen, Savior? Savior – not really. Bisu – I eat it often. Flash – I’m a maniac! | Foxer Fighting!
Deleted User 135096
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
3624 Posts
August 02 2012 19:00 GMT
#1809
On August 02 2012 19:18 Tyree wrote:
Spoilers incoming about the ending



I am surprised by how many people thought the ending was ambiguous. Its pretty cut and dry that Alfred really sees Wayne, some deemed it another dream or hallucination. I say, stop watching Inception, not everything in movies is a hallucination or dream.

How can you be against the idea that he put it on autopilot and made it out alive, but perfectly accept many of the absurdities in The Dark Knight? If you put too much detail into movies you will not be able to enjoy it

I doubt Warner Brothers would allow them to "kill" Batman even if Nolan wanted it, which wouldnt fit in with his overall theme for the series. It is their biggest franchise now that Harry Potter movies are finished. Batman as a character in that world is considered dead, which elevates Batman to the status that he wanted since Batman Begins, he is now immortal and uncorruptible, he does more good as "dead" than alive.

Bruce Wayne is still alive, he barely made it and his body is likely broken down. Perfect ending to a uneven trilogy.


I still consider The Animated Series as the de facto Batman experience, that whole world of Gotham feels like the real thing (despite being...a cartoon!?), every other show, movie feels like a interpretation of that. Forget Ledger and Jack, Mark Hamill is the freaking Joker.

The Animated Series + Arkham City+Arkham Asylum games + Nolan Trilogy + Batman (Burton) is what i consider the quintessential Batman in movies, games and shows. Get those and you are set

It's pretty obvious wayne's alive at the end.... remember that quip by one of the engineers that said the autopilot had been fixed months ago by Bruce? lightbulbs should be going off when you hear that

I still thought that was too obvious though, I only needed Michael Caine's reaction to know, would have been a much better and more subtle execution.
Administrator
iLikeRain
Profile Joined June 2011
Denmark504 Posts
August 02 2012 19:00 GMT
#1810
On August 03 2012 00:07 corumjhaelen wrote:
Spiderman 2-3
The second was a very nice movie, but are you seriously mentionen Spiderman 3 as being good? It might be one of the worst superhero films I have ever seen, mostly because it was such a clusterfuck of heroes and villains, and a super bad Venom portrayal.

That being said, I really enjoyed TDKR, I didn't find it as exciting as TDK but still a very nice and enjoyable film.
(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ OW YEAH!!
corumjhaelen
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
France6884 Posts
August 02 2012 19:03 GMT
#1811
On August 03 2012 04:00 iLikeRain wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2012 00:07 corumjhaelen wrote:
Spiderman 2-3
The second was a very nice movie, but are you seriously mentionen Spiderman 3 as being good? It might be one of the worst superhero films I have ever seen, mostly because it was such a clusterfuck of heroes and villains, and a super bad Venom portrayal.

That being said, I really enjoyed TDKR, I didn't find it as exciting as TDK but still a very nice and enjoyable film.

I wasn't asked a good movie, I was asked better than TDKR. Spiderman 3 is average, but has some saving features, such as this scene :

I haven't seen them, but I'm confident the two Burton's Batman are better movies than TDKR.
Only really good movie in my list is Unbreakable though.
‎numquam se plus agere quam nihil cum ageret, numquam minus solum esse quam cum solus esset
Proof.
Profile Joined August 2011
535 Posts
August 02 2012 20:56 GMT
#1812
On August 03 2012 03:55 starfries wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 02 2012 17:24 Proof. wrote:
On August 02 2012 08:22 starfries wrote:
On August 02 2012 02:50 Greggle wrote:
I thought Bane did an incredible job as a villain, and this is coming from someone who facepalmed when they chose him over The Penguin, Ventriloquist or Black Mask,any one of these guys would be awesome and creepy as fuck when I imagined them making the same transition the Joker did. His motive was well established and deeply woven into the existing story, his plan had a deeper depth and meaning than to simply kill a bunch of people and it was a joy to watch all of Gotham fall so easily to him. I loved that I had fully expected him to blow the shit out of everyone in the stadium only to let them be free. It defied my expectations in every way.

erm... since you seem to understand what Bane was up to, can you explain it? I get that the idea was to "break Batman's spirit" by making him watch his city burn, but his "genius" plan makes him seem more like Dr.Evil than a villain worthy of Batman. I know not everyone can be the Joker, but he has Batman helpless at his feet which basically gives him free reign for any sort of elaborate mental torture he can come up with, and the best he can do is "here, watch from a safe distance while I nuke myself"? What's wrong with just chopping off the Bat-limbs and then lighting a few orphanages on fire?

What I understood is that Bane's goal was similar to that of Raz Al Ghul (whatever the spelling is) from Batman 1. Gotham was past its peak/full of corruption and needed to be destroyed (the whole purpose of the League of Shadows). The League was foiled that time so Bane's back to help finish the job...and kick Batman's ass while he's at it (revenge for killing Raz I guess).
I could be wrong though.. : \

Hmm ok, that makes more sense. It's been a while since I saw the first one... I figured just rewatching the second would be enough to refresh me.

I'm glad it made sense!
Imo Nolan ended this trilogy more or less in a satisfying manner. I don't know how others feel about it but I love how it made references/flashbacks to 1 and 2 appropriately during the movie. Also Batman's choice of words to reveal himself to Gordon...I liked that . I guess in the past decade it's usually been the case that sequels often disappoint compared to the original (I direct this at certain superhero movies...but it's also applicable to non-superhero movies) ...but Nolan somehow seems to be good at upping the ante and I applaud him for that.
He who has a why to live can bear almost any how
Kazeyonoma
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2912 Posts
August 02 2012 21:19 GMT
#1813
On August 03 2012 04:03 corumjhaelen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2012 04:00 iLikeRain wrote:
On August 03 2012 00:07 corumjhaelen wrote:
Spiderman 2-3
The second was a very nice movie, but are you seriously mentionen Spiderman 3 as being good? It might be one of the worst superhero films I have ever seen, mostly because it was such a clusterfuck of heroes and villains, and a super bad Venom portrayal.

That being said, I really enjoyed TDKR, I didn't find it as exciting as TDK but still a very nice and enjoyable film.

I wasn't asked a good movie, I was asked better than TDKR. Spiderman 3 is average, but has some saving features, such as this scene :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXOa5bWFRKw
I haven't seen them, but I'm confident the two Burton's Batman are better movies than TDKR.
Only really good movie in my list is Unbreakable though.


Wait, so spiderman 3 having terrible plot, terrible villains, terrible ending, and terrible fucking emo spiderman scene... and you pick 1 randomly done CGI scene of a bunch of pebbles and sand forming into a man as the saving grace? THE CG WASNT EVEN THAT AMAZING. wow
I now have autographs of both BoxeR and NaDa. I can die happy. Lim Yo Hwan and Lee Yun Yeol FIGHTING forever!
mememolly
Profile Joined December 2011
4765 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-02 21:21:23
August 02 2012 21:19 GMT
#1814
To those people who are saying Nolan is a great director or that TDK is the best movie ever, I recommend you watch the link below, some nerd breaks down a famous action scene in TDK and shows why it's badly edited/directed etc, this was something that I noticed in TDKR as well, the action sequences are often confusing/a mash up of shots that don't follow one another coherently

http://vimeo.com/28792404
Praetorial
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States4241 Posts
August 02 2012 22:02 GMT
#1815
On August 03 2012 06:19 mememolly wrote:
To those people who are saying Nolan is a great director or that TDK is the best movie ever, I recommend you watch the link below, some nerd breaks down a famous action scene in TDK and shows why it's badly edited/directed etc, this was something that I noticed in TDKR as well, the action sequences are often confusing/a mash up of shots that don't follow one another coherently

http://vimeo.com/28792404


If I were a movie director or movie critic with hours on my hands to watch frame by frame, I suspect that I would care about "the axis of action", and "reversal of sides".

I'm not either of those two things, and anyone who says that things like that detract from a quality of a movie is either trying to prove that they are a highly cultured watcher or a person with a degree in filmmaking just pointing out errors in continuity and not attempting to demean the movie.
FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Bans for the ban gods!
DeepElemBlues
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States5080 Posts
August 02 2012 22:04 GMT
#1816
I couldn't suspend my disbelief that the US government would allow a mass-murdering anarchist to take over a major city for 5 months and do nothing but send in some special forces and then just give up when they fail. Real world: military bombs the shit out of Gotham City and sends in the tanks, Bane's uprising lasts approximately 3 days.
no place i'd rather be than the satellite of love
Body_Shield
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada3373 Posts
August 02 2012 22:08 GMT
#1817
On August 03 2012 07:04 DeepElemBlues wrote:
I couldn't suspend my disbelief that the US government would allow a mass-murdering anarchist to take over a major city for 5 months and do nothing but send in some special forces and then just give up when they fail. Real world: military bombs the shit out of Gotham City and sends in the tanks, Bane's uprising lasts approximately 3 days.

So, kill the civilians and cause the activation of the neutron device which kills everyone anyway.

Yeah that'll work.
So, five-card stud, nothing wild... and the sky's the limit
mememolly
Profile Joined December 2011
4765 Posts
August 02 2012 22:13 GMT
#1818
On August 03 2012 07:02 Praetorial wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2012 06:19 mememolly wrote:
To those people who are saying Nolan is a great director or that TDK is the best movie ever, I recommend you watch the link below, some nerd breaks down a famous action scene in TDK and shows why it's badly edited/directed etc, this was something that I noticed in TDKR as well, the action sequences are often confusing/a mash up of shots that don't follow one another coherently

http://vimeo.com/28792404


If I were a movie director or movie critic with hours on my hands to watch frame by frame, I suspect that I would care about "the axis of action", and "reversal of sides".

I'm not either of those two things, and anyone who says that things like that detract from a quality of a movie is either trying to prove that they are a highly cultured watcher or a person with a degree in filmmaking just pointing out errors in continuity and not attempting to demean the movie.


so you're not arguing that it wasn't badly shot you're just saying that you don't care? and what is wrong with being a more cultured watcher?
Praetorial
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States4241 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-02 22:16:58
August 02 2012 22:14 GMT
#1819
On August 03 2012 07:04 DeepElemBlues wrote:
I couldn't suspend my disbelief that the US government would allow a mass-murdering anarchist to take over a major city for 5 months and do nothing but send in some special forces and then just give up when they fail. Real world: military bombs the shit out of Gotham City and sends in the tanks, Bane's uprising lasts approximately 3 days.


"At any sign of intervention from the outside world, the triggerman will set off the bomb"

Boom


On August 03 2012 07:13 mememolly wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2012 07:02 Praetorial wrote:
On August 03 2012 06:19 mememolly wrote:
To those people who are saying Nolan is a great director or that TDK is the best movie ever, I recommend you watch the link below, some nerd breaks down a famous action scene in TDK and shows why it's badly edited/directed etc, this was something that I noticed in TDKR as well, the action sequences are often confusing/a mash up of shots that don't follow one another coherently

http://vimeo.com/28792404


If I were a movie director or movie critic with hours on my hands to watch frame by frame, I suspect that I would care about "the axis of action", and "reversal of sides".

I'm not either of those two things, and anyone who says that things like that detract from a quality of a movie is either trying to prove that they are a highly cultured watcher or a person with a degree in filmmaking just pointing out errors in continuity and not attempting to demean the movie.


so you're not arguing that it wasn't badly shot you're just saying that you don't care? and what is wrong with being a more cultured watcher?


Continuity between frames does not make a director "best ever", or a movie that lacks it inferior.

Character developement, plot, and execution make a good movie. In the TDK, most of these were exceptional.

So yes, I don't care. And being a cultured watcher is fine, but going to the point of saying that a movie/director are not skilled or great because of continuity breaks and such minor errors is doing a disservice to the movie.
FOR GREAT JUSTICE! Bans for the ban gods!
FeUerFlieGe
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1193 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-02 22:21:21
August 02 2012 22:20 GMT
#1820
On August 03 2012 07:14 Praetorial wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 03 2012 07:04 DeepElemBlues wrote:
I couldn't suspend my disbelief that the US government would allow a mass-murdering anarchist to take over a major city for 5 months and do nothing but send in some special forces and then just give up when they fail. Real world: military bombs the shit out of Gotham City and sends in the tanks, Bane's uprising lasts approximately 3 days.


"At any sign of intervention from the outside world, the triggerman will set off the bomb"

Boom


Show nested quote +
On August 03 2012 07:13 mememolly wrote:
On August 03 2012 07:02 Praetorial wrote:
On August 03 2012 06:19 mememolly wrote:
To those people who are saying Nolan is a great director or that TDK is the best movie ever, I recommend you watch the link below, some nerd breaks down a famous action scene in TDK and shows why it's badly edited/directed etc, this was something that I noticed in TDKR as well, the action sequences are often confusing/a mash up of shots that don't follow one another coherently

http://vimeo.com/28792404


If I were a movie director or movie critic with hours on my hands to watch frame by frame, I suspect that I would care about "the axis of action", and "reversal of sides".

I'm not either of those two things, and anyone who says that things like that detract from a quality of a movie is either trying to prove that they are a highly cultured watcher or a person with a degree in filmmaking just pointing out errors in continuity and not attempting to demean the movie.


so you're not arguing that it wasn't badly shot you're just saying that you don't care? and what is wrong with being a more cultured watcher?


Continuity between frames does not make a director "best ever", or a movie that lacks it inferior.

Character developement, plot, and execution make a good movie. In the TDK, most of these were exceptional.

So yes, I don't care. And being a cultured watcher is fine, but going to the point of saying that a movie/director are not skilled or great because of continuity breaks and such minor errors is doing a disservice to the movie.



Someone didn't pay attention to the movie (or the trilogy as a whole)... like half the people in this thread.

But everyone's a critic.
To unpathed waters, undreamed shores. - Shakespeare
Prev 1 89 90 91 92 93 102 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 22m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 535
ProTech156
UpATreeSC 84
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16973
Calm 3387
Mini 429
Mind 82
910 62
soO 46
Dota 2
Gorgc5545
canceldota60
Counter-Strike
fl0m2874
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3966
Other Games
FrodaN979
Beastyqt515
Liquid`Hasu313
Khaldor249
olofmeister187
Livibee184
C9.Mang0170
IndyStarCraft 123
ZombieGrub66
QueenE50
BRAT_OK 23
MindelVK6
[ Show 21 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 15
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 24
• 80smullet 22
• FirePhoenix15
• Michael_bg 2
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2924
• WagamamaTV352
League of Legends
• Nemesis1648
Other Games
• imaqtpie892
• Shiphtur689
• Scarra413
• tFFMrPink 11
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 22m
Big Brain Bouts
14h 22m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
21h 22m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 22m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
Patches Events
1d 19h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.