• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:22
CEST 15:22
KST 22:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9398 users

[Game] Osu! - Page 29

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 370 Next
spinesheath
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany8679 Posts
September 06 2010 21:38 GMT
#561
On September 07 2010 06:25 triangle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 07 2010 06:17 spinesheath wrote:
More like quickest way to get completely overwhelmed by the continuous onslaught of notes.
I never can catch up when I fail. Well except after pauses of course.
No, it actually is the quickest way I know of to improve. I improve way more playing maps I can't beat than maps I can.

We do need more novices playing though. It's way more fun to have someone you are striving to beat than fail and have everyone else successfully complete the song easily.

Sure the map should be challenging, no doubt. But not to the point that you miss every second note. You don't want to play V3 on impossible as a beginner. Or Night of Knights, Doll Maker of Bucaresti, Hatsune Miku no Shoushitsu, all that insane note spam and unreal mouse speed and precision...
If you have a good reason to disagree with the above, please tell me. Thank you.
ebacho
Profile Joined July 2009
United States193 Posts
September 06 2010 21:47 GMT
#562
Good thing you weren't there when we played Joint Struggle (Plus, the only real hard song you've listed there was Hatsune Miku no Shoushitsu). To be honest, you can get quite good at osu in as little as 3 months. I could FC Night of Knights within 2-3 months of starting, and the only way I got there was grinding through as many hard songs as I could. For a while, my accuracy was hovering around 70% because of nofail combined with insane songs.
Proud member of TL's osufam
spinesheath
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany8679 Posts
September 06 2010 21:53 GMT
#563
Last time I checked V3 had not been FCd yet. One guy had all but 1 note, a slider miss. Because of that I would put it up there with Shoushitsu.
The others I listed just have thousands of real fast notes, which really throw you off as a beginner imo.
If you have a good reason to disagree with the above, please tell me. Thank you.
triangle
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States3803 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-09-06 22:00:21
September 06 2010 21:56 GMT
#564
On September 07 2010 06:47 ebacho wrote:
Good thing you weren't there when we played Joint Struggle (Plus, the only real hard song you've listed there was Hatsune Miku no Shoushitsu). To be honest, you can get quite good at osu in as little as 3 months. I could FC Night of Knights within 2-3 months of starting, and the only way I got there was grinding through as many hard songs as I could. For a while, my accuracy was hovering around 70% because of nofail combined with insane songs.

I still can't FC night of nights, wtf I think you're just good :p

While I would suggest playing ~100 times just to get the feel for the game before tying multiplayer, insane songs can't do that much harm and can do a lot of good.

Edit - also, V3 isn't hard because of really low drain and a lot of easy sections. Only a few parts are really difficult, which is why it's hard to FC, but a lot of it is pretty easy. I passed first try because the drain was so low, and that was months ago when I was ~1500 ranks lower. Hard to FC != hard map.
Also known as waterfall / w4terfall
spinesheath
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Germany8679 Posts
September 06 2010 22:05 GMT
#565
Well, anyways, I really prefer maps that are really well done and challenging. Back then when I couldn't properly clear Miracle Happy Day on hard, I still played it a ton simply because it filled me with joy. Don't know what it was, but the combination of the song and the layout of the beatmap just felt awesome.
If you have a good reason to disagree with the above, please tell me. Thank you.
jrkirby
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States1510 Posts
September 09 2010 18:05 GMT
#566
This game is pretty nice, just started playing this week.

I'm jrkirby there too .
ebacho
Profile Joined July 2009
United States193 Posts
October 09 2010 02:40 GMT
#567
So, I'm bumping this because I have a few hours to kill. If any TL people want to play I'll be idling in room TL password 1.
Proud member of TL's osufam
Wolf
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Korea (South)3290 Posts
October 09 2010 05:53 GMT
#568
Oh, I play osu! also. I was ranked fifth in 2009.

ThePassingShadow
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/proxywolf
TL+ Member
gaizka
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
United States991 Posts
October 19 2010 03:28 GMT
#569
I started to play osu! one year ago, I just reached 1,000,000,000 points and a accuracy of almost 90% which makes me really happy ^^

This game has been just fantastic for me, in every aspect. I started playing the songs that I knew, from videogames and some anime intros and other stuff that I could find, but there were only a few that I liked and even fewer that I could pass, it was very frustrating in the very beginning, having played EBA before I felt that I had the experience needed to play this game to it's fullest, and how wrong I was.

Being very stubborn I would download a single song and I would not play any other song until I could pass it on, this lead me to having OneRepublic's Apologize as my most played song of all time, during that month I peaked at more than 1000 plays/month.

As I downloaded a wider variety of songs I started to stumble upon harder and harder songs, until my method was just impossible. I could not beat songs anymore. So I started to just download every song on the list and I just liked a lot of stuff there, I started to hear and like trance, japanese, korean and chinese pop, electronic, chipset music; basically stuff that I would have never heard on my own or even know about.

I would just play every song, I started to enjoy the game again, I started to improve, I started to care more about improving and less about the score. The losses would not sting anymore ^^
But I think there's just too much vanity in me, because I still loving getting high scores XD

I can play more calmly, and smoother, I'm still a terrible player, I have never gotten a super S ranking on any song, there's still a lot of songs that I can not beat, I can't move the mouse and click fast, but maybe I'll be here bragging about it next year :D

The only negative thing I can think of osu! is that I play too much.

Just wanted to share my little story with the game. I'll leave here my favorite beatmaps:
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/33963
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/65973
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/64133
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/73569
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/67801
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/64679
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/48926
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/51220
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/53244
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/46587
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/54357
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/48450
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/57902
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/32579
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/32935
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/30972
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/52979
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/70610
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/52798
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/56063
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/64558
http://osu.ppy.sh/b/53307

I wanted to do like 10 or so, but it was too hard :D
Zergneedsfood
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10671 Posts
October 26 2010 03:52 GMT
#570
I just started playing Osu recently, but I'm really loving the game! It's become my favorite past time besides BW and mindless Animes.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\ Make a contract with me and join TLADT | Onodera isn't actually a girl, she's just a doormat you walk over to get to the girl. - Numy 2015
whiteLotus
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
1833 Posts
November 22 2010 22:15 GMT
#571
hi guys, i started playing osu today and its kinda hard for me lol, i only finished 1 song Glee - you keep me hanging, still only with D-C rank at best LOL. So maybe any1 can recommend some easy songs?
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
Storm704
Profile Joined October 2009
United States114 Posts
November 25 2010 19:18 GMT
#572
username: storm704

msg me will play anytime
Carpenter
Profile Joined August 2010
126 Posts
November 25 2010 19:23 GMT
#573
good excuse to rock all this kpop
NIIINO
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Slovakia1320 Posts
November 25 2010 19:27 GMT
#574
is it normal that i can do just normal ? : /
is it even possible to do that on the 2 hardest difficulty ?
ebacho
Profile Joined July 2009
United States193 Posts
November 25 2010 19:42 GMT
#575
On November 26 2010 04:27 NIIINO wrote:
is it normal that i can do just normal ? : /
is it even possible to do that on the 2 hardest difficulty ?


I had that problem too when I first started. Just play normal or normal+ and you'll improve really fast. Easy is generally too easy, and stick to slow songs. However, don't stay on normal for too long, because the patterns and timings change when you jump difficulties.
Proud member of TL's osufam
Br3ezy
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States720 Posts
November 25 2010 19:45 GMT
#576
:D :D :D why play osu when you can play sc2? <3 the memories of playing osu though it was a cool game
Check out my guide to mechanics http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=319876
ebacho
Profile Joined July 2009
United States193 Posts
November 25 2010 23:06 GMT
#577
On November 26 2010 04:45 BreAKmYBank wrote:
:D :D :D why play osu when you can play sc2? <3 the memories of playing osu though it was a cool game


Because Osu! and SC2 are very different things? I play osu when I don't really want to think and just hit circles.
Proud member of TL's osufam
ScytheMan01
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States114 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-26 00:01:29
November 25 2010 23:53 GMT
#578
username: ewanzhouse

There's actually a skin using my face and other pics that one of my friends made on here if I remember correctly lol. I really haven't played this game in so long, reinstalling

here's that skin I was talking about: http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4222&hilit=ewan

Pokebis is so crazy
Marquise
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States50 Posts
November 26 2010 03:30 GMT
#579
Oh god I'm so terrible at this game. I think it might improve my mouse accuracy in sc2 but seriously I am terribad D:
Never.Die
Profile Joined March 2010
Japan189 Posts
December 01 2010 02:36 GMT
#580
I play Osu! as well. My name there is NeVeR_DiE. Add me!
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 370 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 487
ComeBackTV 356
SteadfastSC252
TaKeTV 186
Rex89
EnkiAlexander 23
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 252
ProTech139
Rex 89
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 48637
Bisu 1761
Horang2 1408
EffOrt 853
Shuttle 701
Hyuk 609
Mini 573
BeSt 540
Soma 424
Larva 362
[ Show more ]
Light 348
Rush 248
ZerO 183
Mong 89
Leta 85
Snow 62
Pusan 60
Sea.KH 59
ToSsGirL 51
Sexy 46
Mind 42
Aegong 35
JYJ 35
Yoon 30
Bale 20
sorry 19
Terrorterran 17
Noble 11
Icarus 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Rock 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5137
XaKoH 379
Counter-Strike
Fnx 784
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1629
Khaldor1179
Lowko423
Other Games
gofns40840
singsing2235
olofmeister1342
B2W.Neo421
hiko417
Beastyqt298
Livibee206
Liquid`VortiX98
Mew2King82
ArmadaUGS56
djWHEAT39
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV182
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream125
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 12
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 22
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis1271
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 38m
CranKy Ducklings
20h 38m
Online Event
21h 38m
FEL
1d 2h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 3h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 5h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.