• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:11
CEST 01:11
KST 08:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War665.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
ESL Pro Tour for SC2 discontinued [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Ziemie's Starcraft 1 Prequel Campaign Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch)
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12674 users

[Game] Osu! - Page 254

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 252 253 254 255 256 370 Next
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-07 00:10:55
April 07 2014 00:10 GMT
#5061
Probably not, just because tablet is not much use for... everything else

Same reason i probably wouldn't play osu in a window like 800x600 as many of the best mouse players do. It feels quite honestly easier to play (at least everything is in vision way easier) but does not really help nearly as much for learning to use a mouse on a 1920x1080 screen
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
OdinOfPergo
Profile Joined December 2011
United States840 Posts
April 07 2014 01:32 GMT
#5062
Mmk. Thanks for the response..
I suppose it will just take me some time to build up some muscle memory to keep track of things.
Singles are the hardest part for me atm because I tend to want to lose timing. Mainly because I use both fingers.
So I figured I'd ask anywho.

I'll just keep at it practicing!
C ya~
Ik weet niet wie ik denk dat ik ben. Ik weet niet wie ik zogenaamd in gesprek met. je niet hier, niemand is. Ik ben hier niet, niets is.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
April 07 2014 15:02 GMT
#5063
Singles are the hardest part for me atm because I tend to want to lose timing. Mainly because I use both fingers.


It's very difficult to learn to do that, especially slowly. IMO, practice 1-finger singles and 2-finger as separate things
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
scottyyy
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom796 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-07 17:37:35
April 07 2014 17:36 GMT
#5064
I normally hate ar10 but I just tried image material and it's actually really fun. This is my progress after a few tries: http://www.twitch.tv/scottyyy/b/517885793

ar10 is super hard for me. I can't comprehend the speed so I sorta go into panic mode and my rhythm keeping abilities go way down. Playing ar10 actually makes me feel uneasy haha.
maru~
Profile Joined February 2013
2345 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-07 20:39:31
April 07 2014 20:34 GMT
#5065
Today was a good day.

Passed some stuff I had trouble with before and got some okayish scores/fcs.

Also first time in a while that I felt I improved somewhat.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-08 01:59:01
April 08 2014 01:07 GMT
#5066
On April 08 2014 02:36 scottyyy wrote:
I normally hate ar10 but I just tried image material and it's actually really fun. This is my progress after a few tries: http://www.twitch.tv/scottyyy/b/517885793

ar10 is super hard for me. I can't comprehend the speed so I sorta go into panic mode and my rhythm keeping abilities go way down. Playing ar10 actually makes me feel uneasy haha.


Your cursor movement looks weird :0

On April 08 2014 05:34 maru~ wrote:
Today was a good day.

Passed some stuff I had trouble with before and got some okayish scores/fcs.

Also first time in a while that I felt I improved somewhat.



maruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu~~~
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
scottyyy
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom796 Posts
April 08 2014 14:58 GMT
#5067
On April 08 2014 10:07 Cyro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 08 2014 02:36 scottyyy wrote:
I normally hate ar10 but I just tried image material and it's actually really fun. This is my progress after a few tries: http://www.twitch.tv/scottyyy/b/517885793

ar10 is super hard for me. I can't comprehend the speed so I sorta go into panic mode and my rhythm keeping abilities go way down. Playing ar10 actually makes me feel uneasy haha.


Your cursor movement looks weird :0

Show nested quote +
On April 08 2014 05:34 maru~ wrote:
Today was a good day.

Passed some stuff I had trouble with before and got some okayish scores/fcs.

Also first time in a while that I felt I improved somewhat.



maruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu~~~


Yeah that happens when I play ar10
maru~
Profile Joined February 2013
2345 Posts
April 09 2014 19:19 GMT
#5068
http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1497387

I passed!

Fun map.
scottyyy
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom796 Posts
April 09 2014 20:12 GMT
#5069
Today I learnt that ar8 + dt = pp

[image loading]

I shouldn't be doing this, I'm already over-ranked as it is. >_>
maru~
Profile Joined February 2013
2345 Posts
April 09 2014 21:00 GMT
#5070
Good to know (not that I can fc them).
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
April 10 2014 14:59 GMT
#5071
On April 10 2014 05:12 scottyyy wrote:
Today I learnt that ar8 + dt = pp

[image loading]

I shouldn't be doing this, I'm already over-ranked as it is. >_>


Some of the maps i had easiest time with gave me most of my PP, lol

I'm dropping in rank quite rapidly while practicing stuff - if i kept specializing and throwing out more scores like Tik Tok DT HD 98.5% fc, i think it'd be higher but the stuff i fc'd recently, while really really hard for me (longer maps, different styles etc) - literally give me like +3pp most of the time :D
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
scottyyy
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom796 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-10 15:09:09
April 10 2014 15:07 GMT
#5072
Dude you could easily be 5k or better rank. Just FC 3.0-3.2 star insanes nomod (very easy to do) and you'd climb so fast. From what I've seen you post here you are way better than your current rank.

I'm higher rank than I think my skill level is not because I'm trying to climb ranks, but because how I enjoy playing (FC all the things) is rewarded highly by the system.

Like for real, this map: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/243983?m=0 is so easy and gave me 138pp before weighting. That's a crazy amount for a map like that.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-10 15:39:19
April 10 2014 15:33 GMT
#5073
On April 11 2014 00:07 scottyyy wrote:
Dude you could easily be 5k or better rank. Just FC 3.0-3.2 star insanes nomod (very easy to do) and you'd climb so fast. From what I've seen you post here you are way better than your current rank.

I'm higher rank than I think my skill level is not because I'm trying to climb ranks, but because how I enjoy playing (FC all the things) is rewarded highly by the system.

Like for real, this map: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/243983?m=0 is so easy and gave me 138pp before weighting. That's a crazy amount for a map like that.


Ty, but i can't actually fc that map lol

just failed like 15 times in a row, i see what you mean by "easy" (low bpm, mostly singles, pretty low AR) but i dont seem to be able to connect with map and it's too long for me to prevent myself from making stupid mistakes when i'm not comfortable with it
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
maru~
Profile Joined February 2013
2345 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-10 21:10:23
April 10 2014 21:08 GMT
#5074
Tried it a couple times, doesn't seem that easy to fc at first glance. There are a bunch of 3+ star maps I thought were a lot easier.
scottyyy
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom796 Posts
April 10 2014 22:38 GMT
#5075
Huh, interesting. I think I find it easy because the rhythm is extremely steady all the way through. There's only like 4-5 triplets, otherwise it's very steady which I find easy to do.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-11 00:34:06
April 10 2014 23:26 GMT
#5076
I think it was just that particular map being confusing to me

I'm on 500dpi now @1920x1080, i definately feel somewhat limited on the sharper maps (particularly long jumps changing direction) compared to 800, so considering lowering my game resolution, because i don't want to badly scale up sens across entire OS, or use a different sens for osu

Maybe i'l get over it, but it takes a lot of work. I wanted this mouse shell to try it out, see if xornet/spawn worked for it, and it really does (so much more comfortable than deathadder) but the sensor is centered like directly under the middle of hand and the really fast maps @500dpi, it can be hard to track certain patterns

The power and control of good grip, centralized sensor and 500dpi on 1920x1080 is pretty impressive though
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-12 01:28:32
April 12 2014 01:26 GMT
#5077


finally got the weird part with the 2 doubles (that tripped me up like the first 15 plays) and then immediately sliderbroke because i wasn't looking, lol

not sure if i should be impressed or mad that my ~ar9 skill doesn't seem worse when i drank like 1/3'rd of the alcohol i'd need to pass out :D mouse is pretty automatic though (xornet quite comfy and less constant worrying about mouse slipping or changing angles)

That map is so osu-y, not sure how to describe it's just awesome! Well, mainly the music, but the map is pretty good. I love happy stuff


also, this is one of the coolest things i saw in osu!



skip to 0:50 and sit back with popcorn! <3
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
vaL4r
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany240 Posts
April 12 2014 01:36 GMT
#5078
On April 12 2014 10:26 Cyro wrote:
skip to 0:50 and sit back with popcorn! <3

Better than space carnival!
You need to play starcraft with a light heart. If you play with a heavy heart, you can't win. -NaDa
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-12 03:53:04
April 12 2014 02:07 GMT
#5079


91.5% accuracy, but 500dpi so i aint even mad




^very happy for this one! Would never have been able to fc a map like this before for more than a few reasons (most prominently, stream ability, consistency with mouse and handling uncomfortable map length's)

but i only got like 15 pp though, kinda missing the +100 boosts i got from playing to my former strength's with tik tok, etc. I'm gonna play this some more along with other maps, maybe i'l get a hidden FC
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
scottyyy
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom796 Posts
April 12 2014 13:09 GMT
#5080
You got so little pp because of the accuracy. You'd get a lot more if you got the acc up to 97%+.
Prev 1 252 253 254 255 256 370 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
The QMC Showmatch 1
OSC
08:00
Masters Cup #151: Group A
davetesta4
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O116
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10010
Artosis 666
ZZZero.O 116
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm167
League of Legends
Doublelift5005
JimRising 248
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4293
Other Games
summit1g9652
FrodaN2310
Liquid`RaSZi1800
C9.Mang0373
Maynarde199
Livibee192
Pyrionflax100
Mew2King50
ArmadaUGS34
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1112
StarCraft 2
CranKy Ducklings36
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 126
• musti20045 35
• Sammyuel 29
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1528
• Scarra698
• Shiphtur605
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 49m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.