• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:11
CEST 01:11
KST 08:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War665.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
ESL Pro Tour for SC2 discontinued [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Ziemie's Starcraft 1 Prequel Campaign Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch)
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12722 users

[Game] Osu! - Page 255

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 253 254 255 256 257 370 Next
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
April 12 2014 19:17 GMT
#5081
On April 12 2014 22:09 scottyyy wrote:
You got so little pp because of the accuracy. You'd get a lot more if you got the acc up to 97%+.


Ah does it work that way? I thought it was only for like top 500 ranking
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
scottyyy
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom796 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-12 21:09:31
April 12 2014 21:01 GMT
#5082
Map ranking isn't taken into account at all. It's all based on your actual performance. It is significantly better to get 99%+ in terms of pp gain. Accuracy is huge in ppv2.

You can go back through your top ranks, and improve your acc for some easy pp gains. e.g I gained ~30pp by getting 99.4% on this: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/72740 over the 95% I had previously.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
April 13 2014 00:07 GMT
#5083
On April 13 2014 06:01 scottyyy wrote:
Map ranking isn't taken into account at all. It's all based on your actual performance. It is significantly better to get 99%+ in terms of pp gain. Accuracy is huge in ppv2.

You can go back through your top ranks, and improve your acc for some easy pp gains. e.g I gained ~30pp by getting 99.4% on this: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/72740 over the 95% I had previously.


That's interesting, thanks

is there a list of exact details on this?

I was kinda used to the old system of getting PP if you got like top 500, and getting massive amounts of PP from going from 99% nomod to 97% hidden - but it seems now there are lots of people complaining about losing PP for being like 1% lower with hidden
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Xafnia
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada874 Posts
April 13 2014 01:30 GMT
#5084
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Pp
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-13 02:52:15
April 13 2014 02:02 GMT
#5085
Thanks Xaffy

just fc'd this, 98% (rounded to half percent)

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/144190

and got +4pp on my score, literally +4pp, so i think i'm going to target harder maps that can give 150+ and actually replace some of my scores instead of making minor improvements to them


Biggest thing i can see is map length being in the formula, because i don't really ever hold combo's over 500 or so and all of the 3 star insanes i passed, even with >>95% ac, gave like 70pp (and +5 to my score) which hardly takes you from 2000 to 3000

when i was getting from 1k to 2k pp, i got lots of stuff like 1 to 1.5 minute single-focused maps, just at an intensity that a lot of people don't seem to be comfortable with, and then my rank has been the same for many months even though my skill all-around has become much, much much better


i'm still terrible at long, complex songs though, wowow, like some of these 2 minute songs, there is no part of them that i can't SS at any given time, but i just slip up and fail like 2-4 times in that timespan of 2 minutes for no obvious reason. My strongest maps are really obvious, simple stuff like Tik Tok that might be somewhat physically difficult, but are very hard to misunderstand -



There's not a single thing in that map that's not a single, a triplet, a very intuitive ~1-beat slider or a stream, it even has a metronome on for you, yet a lot of people find that score difficult to achieve, and i'm tripping up like CRAZY on maps that others call easy, even though my skill level 1.5 months ago let me get that score and i can now hold an S for a constant stream of 150's that's 100 circles long

I'm tempted to play a lot more specifically like that, because i actually feel bad now practicing for 1+ month solid to switch over from "oh, cool DT HD fc, gained 2000 ranks in 1 map" to "yay finally FC after 20 attempts, gained 4 PP and lost 100 ranks with the score update"

singling chains of 130bpm and streaming 210 is still both physically difficult for me and somewhat painful though, i kinda wish that i focused on them all of this time instead of gaining some ability to do streams/patterns at ~120-170bpm. It made me a much better player in a lot of ways but those are things that basically everyone can do, it doesn't make me special or good.


Apologies for ranty/whiny post :D
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
maru~
Profile Joined February 2013
2345 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-13 04:18:06
April 13 2014 03:26 GMT
#5086
Map length doesn't seem to matter much if at all. You need to fc (or close to fc) to get considerable amounts of pp, and if you have that accuracy plays a huge role (whereas high accuracy but weak combo usually doesn't give much).
As for the map you linked, it's only 2.79 stars, you'd need 99%+ fc to gain a decent amount here I think.

If you want pp badly the easiest way for you would be to grind ~3 star anime ops or hard maps with dt I guess. This will give a short term pp gain, but long term you'll have to work on consistency.

And yeah, it's similar for me, I can only fc "straight forward" maps (singles, triplets, slides and short streams for the most part). I suck at the fancy stuff, especially short slides and spaced streams.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-13 03:54:48
April 13 2014 03:54 GMT
#5087
Sometimes i'm just really frustrated at failing, but still i can do this:



and i'd rather be passionate and frustrated than just be apathetic about it





...srsly though remote control dt 500dpi 1920x1080 dafuq
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
ebacho
Profile Joined July 2009
United States193 Posts
April 13 2014 06:46 GMT
#5088
Feels like forever since I last posted here. Shoutouts to Xafina, prototype, and the old TL Osu! crew.

Not sure I like the changes to pp, but mainly that's because I'm a HDHR player who sucks at acc. Got this http://puu.sh/86H8F.jpg for a whopping 4 pp, which feels... low I guess.

Proud member of TL's osufam
scottyyy
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom796 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-13 10:38:47
April 13 2014 10:21 GMT
#5089
On April 13 2014 15:46 ebacho wrote:
Feels like forever since I last posted here. Shoutouts to Xafina, prototype, and the old TL Osu! crew.

Not sure I like the changes to pp, but mainly that's because I'm a HDHR player who sucks at acc. Got this http://puu.sh/86H8F.jpg for a whopping 4 pp, which feels... low I guess.



You got 150 unweighted pp which is pretty normal for a 3.03 star map with only 95% accuracy. The reason you only got 50 actual pp is because you have so many more scores with more than 150 pp achieved, so that one score got weighted heavily. You need to start getting 200pp+ scores if you want to get significant pp gains as your top rank gave you 201 pp. Anything below 201pp is going to be weighted quite a bit.

And yeah, 2.3 - 2.6 star ar8 140-150bpm insanes with dt = massive pp

Cyro, try this with dt: http://osu.ppy.sh/b/130754?m=0

It's pretty straightforward. No tricky sliders or confusing stuff, just triples and jumps. It's really fun.
ebacho
Profile Joined July 2009
United States193 Posts
April 13 2014 17:39 GMT
#5090
On April 13 2014 19:21 scottyyy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2014 15:46 ebacho wrote:
Feels like forever since I last posted here. Shoutouts to Xafina, prototype, and the old TL Osu! crew.

Not sure I like the changes to pp, but mainly that's because I'm a HDHR player who sucks at acc. Got this http://puu.sh/86H8F.jpg for a whopping 4 pp, which feels... low I guess.



You got 150 unweighted pp which is pretty normal for a 3.03 star map with only 95% accuracy. The reason you only got 50 actual pp is because you have so many more scores with more than 150 pp achieved, so that one score got weighted heavily. You need to start getting 200pp+ scores if you want to get significant pp gains as your top rank gave you 201 pp. Anything below 201pp is going to be weighted quite a bit.

And yeah, 2.3 - 2.6 star ar8 140-150bpm insanes with dt = massive pp


Yeah, reading the wiki makes it make a bit more sense. It still seems like an avenue for abuse/farming though, but I gave up caring too much about the number after my username a long time ago and don't really play at all anymore. Thanks for the clarification.
Proud member of TL's osufam
scottyyy
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom796 Posts
April 13 2014 19:16 GMT
#5091
On April 14 2014 02:39 ebacho wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2014 19:21 scottyyy wrote:
On April 13 2014 15:46 ebacho wrote:
Feels like forever since I last posted here. Shoutouts to Xafina, prototype, and the old TL Osu! crew.

Not sure I like the changes to pp, but mainly that's because I'm a HDHR player who sucks at acc. Got this http://puu.sh/86H8F.jpg for a whopping 4 pp, which feels... low I guess.



You got 150 unweighted pp which is pretty normal for a 3.03 star map with only 95% accuracy. The reason you only got 50 actual pp is because you have so many more scores with more than 150 pp achieved, so that one score got weighted heavily. You need to start getting 200pp+ scores if you want to get significant pp gains as your top rank gave you 201 pp. Anything below 201pp is going to be weighted quite a bit.

And yeah, 2.3 - 2.6 star ar8 140-150bpm insanes with dt = massive pp


Yeah, reading the wiki makes it make a bit more sense. It still seems like an avenue for abuse/farming though, but I gave up caring too much about the number after my username a long time ago and don't really play at all anymore. Thanks for the clarification.


ppv2 is significantly less farmable compared to ppv1 at least. To get high ranks you do need to FC very very hard songs, so it is very skill focused.
maru~
Profile Joined February 2013
2345 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-13 20:16:12
April 13 2014 20:14 GMT
#5092
On April 13 2014 19:21 scottyyy wrote:
Cyro, try this with dt: http://osu.ppy.sh/b/130754?m=0

It's pretty straightforward. No tricky sliders or confusing stuff, just triples and jumps. It's really fun.

124 pp for a 95% fc lol.

I should really stop inflating my ranking and actually try to get good though.
ebacho
Profile Joined July 2009
United States193 Posts
April 13 2014 20:15 GMT
#5093
On April 14 2014 04:16 scottyyy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2014 02:39 ebacho wrote:
On April 13 2014 19:21 scottyyy wrote:
On April 13 2014 15:46 ebacho wrote:
Feels like forever since I last posted here. Shoutouts to Xafina, prototype, and the old TL Osu! crew.

Not sure I like the changes to pp, but mainly that's because I'm a HDHR player who sucks at acc. Got this http://puu.sh/86H8F.jpg for a whopping 4 pp, which feels... low I guess.



You got 150 unweighted pp which is pretty normal for a 3.03 star map with only 95% accuracy. The reason you only got 50 actual pp is because you have so many more scores with more than 150 pp achieved, so that one score got weighted heavily. You need to start getting 200pp+ scores if you want to get significant pp gains as your top rank gave you 201 pp. Anything below 201pp is going to be weighted quite a bit.

And yeah, 2.3 - 2.6 star ar8 140-150bpm insanes with dt = massive pp


Yeah, reading the wiki makes it make a bit more sense. It still seems like an avenue for abuse/farming though, but I gave up caring too much about the number after my username a long time ago and don't really play at all anymore. Thanks for the clarification.


ppv2 is significantly less farmable compared to ppv1 at least. To get high ranks you do need to FC very very hard songs, so it is very skill focused.


Sure, I realize that, but what's hard for some people is easy for others, and vice versa. For instance my highest pp is some map I DT'd a couple years ago and got 99% on. I could go around and 98-99% some DT's that are forgiving on acc for a big pp boost, as you mentioned. But that's just not fun or challenging for me - I'd much rather get a 94-95% HDHR on some map that (in my opinion) is much more challenging than a generic run off the mill DT, or even an approved or unranked map. I'm not convinced that a lot of the songs that give good pp are particularly hard either - there are many songs that I spent a lot of time drilling back in the day that don't even give me pp, while other maps that I FC in one or two tries give me an astronomical number. While pp on a technical level probably makes sense, it feels unsatisfying (but is still much improved over ppv1 and a pure score based ranking like it was before).
Proud member of TL's osufam
scottyyy
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom796 Posts
April 13 2014 20:30 GMT
#5094
On April 14 2014 05:14 maru~ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2014 19:21 scottyyy wrote:
Cyro, try this with dt: http://osu.ppy.sh/b/130754?m=0

It's pretty straightforward. No tricky sliders or confusing stuff, just triples and jumps. It's really fun.

124 pp for a 95% fc lol.

I should really stop inflating my ranking and actually try to get good though.

Why not both?
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-13 20:54:35
April 13 2014 20:40 GMT
#5095
On April 13 2014 19:21 scottyyy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2014 15:46 ebacho wrote:
Feels like forever since I last posted here. Shoutouts to Xafina, prototype, and the old TL Osu! crew.

Not sure I like the changes to pp, but mainly that's because I'm a HDHR player who sucks at acc. Got this http://puu.sh/86H8F.jpg for a whopping 4 pp, which feels... low I guess.



You got 150 unweighted pp which is pretty normal for a 3.03 star map with only 95% accuracy. The reason you only got 50 actual pp is because you have so many more scores with more than 150 pp achieved, so that one score got weighted heavily. You need to start getting 200pp+ scores if you want to get significant pp gains as your top rank gave you 201 pp. Anything below 201pp is going to be weighted quite a bit.

And yeah, 2.3 - 2.6 star ar8 140-150bpm insanes with dt = massive pp

Cyro, try this with dt: http://osu.ppy.sh/b/130754?m=0

It's pretty straightforward. No tricky sliders or confusing stuff, just triples and jumps. It's really fun.


Got it, ty

92.5% worth 116pp

i can get 95 or 97 but it's edgy on comfort (207bpm triples and keeping rhythm) so it took a couple runs to FC and i have to work up a bit

edit: 124pp now, so +8 from going to 92.71% to 95.35%


Need like 175pp average on top 10 or so maps to approach 3000pp, so i gotta aim up and get better if my absolute best is only 141
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
maru~
Profile Joined February 2013
2345 Posts
April 13 2014 20:53 GMT
#5096
On April 14 2014 05:30 scottyyy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2014 05:14 maru~ wrote:
On April 13 2014 19:21 scottyyy wrote:
Cyro, try this with dt: http://osu.ppy.sh/b/130754?m=0

It's pretty straightforward. No tricky sliders or confusing stuff, just triples and jumps. It's really fun.

124 pp for a 95% fc lol.

I should really stop inflating my ranking and actually try to get good though.

Why not both?

Doing both means I have less time to focus on improving.

On April 14 2014 05:15 ebacho wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2014 04:16 scottyyy wrote:
On April 14 2014 02:39 ebacho wrote:
On April 13 2014 19:21 scottyyy wrote:
On April 13 2014 15:46 ebacho wrote:
Feels like forever since I last posted here. Shoutouts to Xafina, prototype, and the old TL Osu! crew.

Not sure I like the changes to pp, but mainly that's because I'm a HDHR player who sucks at acc. Got this http://puu.sh/86H8F.jpg for a whopping 4 pp, which feels... low I guess.



You got 150 unweighted pp which is pretty normal for a 3.03 star map with only 95% accuracy. The reason you only got 50 actual pp is because you have so many more scores with more than 150 pp achieved, so that one score got weighted heavily. You need to start getting 200pp+ scores if you want to get significant pp gains as your top rank gave you 201 pp. Anything below 201pp is going to be weighted quite a bit.

And yeah, 2.3 - 2.6 star ar8 140-150bpm insanes with dt = massive pp


Yeah, reading the wiki makes it make a bit more sense. It still seems like an avenue for abuse/farming though, but I gave up caring too much about the number after my username a long time ago and don't really play at all anymore. Thanks for the clarification.


ppv2 is significantly less farmable compared to ppv1 at least. To get high ranks you do need to FC very very hard songs, so it is very skill focused.


Sure, I realize that, but what's hard for some people is easy for others, and vice versa. For instance my highest pp is some map I DT'd a couple years ago and got 99% on. I could go around and 98-99% some DT's that are forgiving on acc for a big pp boost, as you mentioned. But that's just not fun or challenging for me - I'd much rather get a 94-95% HDHR on some map that (in my opinion) is much more challenging than a generic run off the mill DT, or even an approved or unranked map. I'm not convinced that a lot of the songs that give good pp are particularly hard either - there are many songs that I spent a lot of time drilling back in the day that don't even give me pp, while other maps that I FC in one or two tries give me an astronomical number. While pp on a technical level probably makes sense, it feels unsatisfying (but is still much improved over ppv1 and a pure score based ranking like it was before).

You're right, but then how do you objectively judge the difficulty of a map? As you said, "what's hard for some people is easy for others, and vice versa.". Also while it's true that you could get a lot of pp by playing certain kind of maps you will still hit a wall at some point because of the weighting.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-13 21:00:23
April 13 2014 20:56 GMT
#5097
On April 14 2014 05:53 maru~ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2014 05:30 scottyyy wrote:
On April 14 2014 05:14 maru~ wrote:
On April 13 2014 19:21 scottyyy wrote:
Cyro, try this with dt: http://osu.ppy.sh/b/130754?m=0

It's pretty straightforward. No tricky sliders or confusing stuff, just triples and jumps. It's really fun.

124 pp for a 95% fc lol.

I should really stop inflating my ranking and actually try to get good though.

Why not both?

Doing both means I have less time to focus on improving.

Show nested quote +
On April 14 2014 05:15 ebacho wrote:
On April 14 2014 04:16 scottyyy wrote:
On April 14 2014 02:39 ebacho wrote:
On April 13 2014 19:21 scottyyy wrote:
On April 13 2014 15:46 ebacho wrote:
Feels like forever since I last posted here. Shoutouts to Xafina, prototype, and the old TL Osu! crew.

Not sure I like the changes to pp, but mainly that's because I'm a HDHR player who sucks at acc. Got this http://puu.sh/86H8F.jpg for a whopping 4 pp, which feels... low I guess.



You got 150 unweighted pp which is pretty normal for a 3.03 star map with only 95% accuracy. The reason you only got 50 actual pp is because you have so many more scores with more than 150 pp achieved, so that one score got weighted heavily. You need to start getting 200pp+ scores if you want to get significant pp gains as your top rank gave you 201 pp. Anything below 201pp is going to be weighted quite a bit.

And yeah, 2.3 - 2.6 star ar8 140-150bpm insanes with dt = massive pp


Yeah, reading the wiki makes it make a bit more sense. It still seems like an avenue for abuse/farming though, but I gave up caring too much about the number after my username a long time ago and don't really play at all anymore. Thanks for the clarification.


ppv2 is significantly less farmable compared to ppv1 at least. To get high ranks you do need to FC very very hard songs, so it is very skill focused.


Sure, I realize that, but what's hard for some people is easy for others, and vice versa. For instance my highest pp is some map I DT'd a couple years ago and got 99% on. I could go around and 98-99% some DT's that are forgiving on acc for a big pp boost, as you mentioned. But that's just not fun or challenging for me - I'd much rather get a 94-95% HDHR on some map that (in my opinion) is much more challenging than a generic run off the mill DT, or even an approved or unranked map. I'm not convinced that a lot of the songs that give good pp are particularly hard either - there are many songs that I spent a lot of time drilling back in the day that don't even give me pp, while other maps that I FC in one or two tries give me an astronomical number. While pp on a technical level probably makes sense, it feels unsatisfying (but is still much improved over ppv1 and a pure score based ranking like it was before).

You're right, but then how do you objectively judge the difficulty of a map? As you said, "what's hard for some people is easy for others, and vice versa.". Also while it's true that you could get a lot of pp by playing certain kind of maps you will still hit a wall at some point because of the weighting.


Previously you got lots of PP for ranking, and just having scores. Taking a 98% DT FC to a 95% DT HD fc would blow up your ranking a ton, whereas now you can get even less pp

goal now, i think, is to replace your top 10 scores, top 5 if you can


Half Time slows down the speed of the song and beatmap for easier play. However, the BPM is not decreased to half the original, as the name suggests, but to 75% the original. This causes an increases in the length of the song by 25%.


Nooooooo this is wrong! silly osu wiki

0.75x speed played for 1.25x as long would only have played back ~93.75% of the song.

If you slow a song to 0.75x speed, it takes 1.33x as long to play through it (as 1/3'rd of 75 is the 0.25 that you need to add back)

If you reduce a song speed by 50% for example, it doesn't take 50% longer. It takes twice as long
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
scottyyy
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United Kingdom796 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-13 21:05:05
April 13 2014 21:03 GMT
#5098
On April 14 2014 05:40 Cyro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2014 19:21 scottyyy wrote:
On April 13 2014 15:46 ebacho wrote:
Feels like forever since I last posted here. Shoutouts to Xafina, prototype, and the old TL Osu! crew.

Not sure I like the changes to pp, but mainly that's because I'm a HDHR player who sucks at acc. Got this http://puu.sh/86H8F.jpg for a whopping 4 pp, which feels... low I guess.



You got 150 unweighted pp which is pretty normal for a 3.03 star map with only 95% accuracy. The reason you only got 50 actual pp is because you have so many more scores with more than 150 pp achieved, so that one score got weighted heavily. You need to start getting 200pp+ scores if you want to get significant pp gains as your top rank gave you 201 pp. Anything below 201pp is going to be weighted quite a bit.

And yeah, 2.3 - 2.6 star ar8 140-150bpm insanes with dt = massive pp

Cyro, try this with dt: http://osu.ppy.sh/b/130754?m=0

It's pretty straightforward. No tricky sliders or confusing stuff, just triples and jumps. It's really fun.


Got it, ty

92.5% worth 116pp

i can get 95 or 97 but it's edgy on comfort (207bpm triples and keeping rhythm) so it took a couple runs to FC and i have to work up a bit

edit: 124pp now, so +8 from going to 92.71% to 95.35%


Need like 175pp average on top 10 or so maps to approach 3000pp, so i gotta aim up and get better if my absolute best is only 141


I got 169pp for 99% (2 100s). Good example of accuracy being a big deal for pp.

Funny how I can get 99+% on that one, but my best is only 94% on the Kesha one you posted. You even did it with HD and got way better acc than me.
maru~
Profile Joined February 2013
2345 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-13 21:08:58
April 13 2014 21:07 GMT
#5099
On April 14 2014 05:56 Cyro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2014 05:53 maru~ wrote:
On April 14 2014 05:30 scottyyy wrote:
On April 14 2014 05:14 maru~ wrote:
On April 13 2014 19:21 scottyyy wrote:
Cyro, try this with dt: http://osu.ppy.sh/b/130754?m=0

It's pretty straightforward. No tricky sliders or confusing stuff, just triples and jumps. It's really fun.

124 pp for a 95% fc lol.

I should really stop inflating my ranking and actually try to get good though.

Why not both?

Doing both means I have less time to focus on improving.

On April 14 2014 05:15 ebacho wrote:
On April 14 2014 04:16 scottyyy wrote:
On April 14 2014 02:39 ebacho wrote:
On April 13 2014 19:21 scottyyy wrote:
On April 13 2014 15:46 ebacho wrote:
Feels like forever since I last posted here. Shoutouts to Xafina, prototype, and the old TL Osu! crew.

Not sure I like the changes to pp, but mainly that's because I'm a HDHR player who sucks at acc. Got this http://puu.sh/86H8F.jpg for a whopping 4 pp, which feels... low I guess.



You got 150 unweighted pp which is pretty normal for a 3.03 star map with only 95% accuracy. The reason you only got 50 actual pp is because you have so many more scores with more than 150 pp achieved, so that one score got weighted heavily. You need to start getting 200pp+ scores if you want to get significant pp gains as your top rank gave you 201 pp. Anything below 201pp is going to be weighted quite a bit.

And yeah, 2.3 - 2.6 star ar8 140-150bpm insanes with dt = massive pp


Yeah, reading the wiki makes it make a bit more sense. It still seems like an avenue for abuse/farming though, but I gave up caring too much about the number after my username a long time ago and don't really play at all anymore. Thanks for the clarification.


ppv2 is significantly less farmable compared to ppv1 at least. To get high ranks you do need to FC very very hard songs, so it is very skill focused.


Sure, I realize that, but what's hard for some people is easy for others, and vice versa. For instance my highest pp is some map I DT'd a couple years ago and got 99% on. I could go around and 98-99% some DT's that are forgiving on acc for a big pp boost, as you mentioned. But that's just not fun or challenging for me - I'd much rather get a 94-95% HDHR on some map that (in my opinion) is much more challenging than a generic run off the mill DT, or even an approved or unranked map. I'm not convinced that a lot of the songs that give good pp are particularly hard either - there are many songs that I spent a lot of time drilling back in the day that don't even give me pp, while other maps that I FC in one or two tries give me an astronomical number. While pp on a technical level probably makes sense, it feels unsatisfying (but is still much improved over ppv1 and a pure score based ranking like it was before).

You're right, but then how do you objectively judge the difficulty of a map? As you said, "what's hard for some people is easy for others, and vice versa.". Also while it's true that you could get a lot of pp by playing certain kind of maps you will still hit a wall at some point because of the weighting.


Previously you got lots of PP for ranking, and just having scores. Taking a 98% DT FC to a 95% DT HD fc would blow up your ranking a ton, whereas now you can get even less pp

Sounds like a really bad system to me.


about 3 hours ago udmer unlocked the "Stumbler" achievement!
Wat.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
April 13 2014 21:12 GMT
#5100
On April 14 2014 06:03 scottyyy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2014 05:40 Cyro wrote:
On April 13 2014 19:21 scottyyy wrote:
On April 13 2014 15:46 ebacho wrote:
Feels like forever since I last posted here. Shoutouts to Xafina, prototype, and the old TL Osu! crew.

Not sure I like the changes to pp, but mainly that's because I'm a HDHR player who sucks at acc. Got this http://puu.sh/86H8F.jpg for a whopping 4 pp, which feels... low I guess.



You got 150 unweighted pp which is pretty normal for a 3.03 star map with only 95% accuracy. The reason you only got 50 actual pp is because you have so many more scores with more than 150 pp achieved, so that one score got weighted heavily. You need to start getting 200pp+ scores if you want to get significant pp gains as your top rank gave you 201 pp. Anything below 201pp is going to be weighted quite a bit.

And yeah, 2.3 - 2.6 star ar8 140-150bpm insanes with dt = massive pp

Cyro, try this with dt: http://osu.ppy.sh/b/130754?m=0

It's pretty straightforward. No tricky sliders or confusing stuff, just triples and jumps. It's really fun.


Got it, ty

92.5% worth 116pp

i can get 95 or 97 but it's edgy on comfort (207bpm triples and keeping rhythm) so it took a couple runs to FC and i have to work up a bit

edit: 124pp now, so +8 from going to 92.71% to 95.35%


Need like 175pp average on top 10 or so maps to approach 3000pp, so i gotta aim up and get better if my absolute best is only 141


I got 169pp for 99% (2 100s). Good example of accuracy being a big deal for pp.

Funny how I can get 99+% on that one, but my best is only 94% on the Kesha one you posted. You even did it with HD and got way better acc than me.



Aaa 169 to 124 for the last 4% is really night and day


Tik Tok just clicked in my brain, not sure why. It's my best score, but it's 1.5 month old

[image loading]

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF


"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Prev 1 253 254 255 256 257 370 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
The QMC Showmatch 1
OSC
08:00
Masters Cup #151: Group A
davetesta4
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
ZZZero.O116
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10010
Artosis 666
ZZZero.O 116
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm167
League of Legends
Doublelift5005
JimRising 248
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4293
Other Games
summit1g9652
FrodaN2310
Liquid`RaSZi1800
C9.Mang0373
Maynarde199
Livibee192
Pyrionflax100
Mew2King50
ArmadaUGS34
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1112
StarCraft 2
CranKy Ducklings36
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 126
• musti20045 35
• Sammyuel 29
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1528
• Scarra698
• Shiphtur605
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 49m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.