• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:18
CEST 07:18
KST 14:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8994 users

TL Mafia V: The Town Strikes Back - Page 17

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 31 Next All
Ver
Profile Joined October 2008
United States2186 Posts
December 29 2008 20:38 GMT
#321
Regardless of RoL being a jack or not, the Rock Star should reveal themselves ASAP.

You have no reason to hide it and you can aid the town immensely as a guaranteed and invincible townie.
Liquipedia
clazziquai
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
6685 Posts
December 29 2008 20:40 GMT
#322
But how will we know that person is a rockstar?
And why is More_Minerals accusing me because of iPod?

Sure, clazziquai is a korean music group but it's like the same thing as to the coffee clue = decaf.

Oh well!
#1 Sea.Really Fan / #1 Nesh Fan / Terran Forever~
Ver
Profile Joined October 2008
United States2186 Posts
December 29 2008 20:46 GMT
#323
More minerals is useless and acts like a traitor every game; ignore him.

We will know depending on how the mafia react. If they want to impersonate they will sacrifice a member for each rock star member + bg that is revealed. I'd say the rockstar is worth 3 mafia right off the start.

If they don't impersonate and nobody counters his claim then bam we have a guaranteed and invincible innocent to send roles to.

It would also be good if the village idiot would come forth so we can arrange a deal. Your cooperation for a couple days in exchange for a lynch. Sounds good? This means that the mafia cannot kill either you or the rock star, they can only silence one, (starting day 2 so we have time); and you get your desired lynch.

And Scaramanga behavior analysis is far better than clues and lynching off day 1 clues will not be done.

I will have a bigger/more in depth post coming in a little while. We must act fast before the mafia have time to fully mobilize and form their strategies. Coming from the lead planner last game I know that they can't just enact their plans in the first hour and be ready to go. If anything I think that's why RoL is likely telling the truth (lack of time for a detailed strategy) although I'm not 100% convinced and there may be a better way to go about it.
Liquipedia
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
December 29 2008 20:46 GMT
#324
Alright, I am responding to a lot of PMs right now, but I am going to summarize everything in one post. All my justifications and everything. I am about to go to the gym so I won't be back for a little while.

So I got the Jack role, and decided that I would check either Ace or some other person whome I like to work with. I chose Ace because I figured it would be a good chance that he was on my team this game and that he wasn't the godfather. So I role checked him as the Jack, using my power. He appeared as Mafia.

Now I was faced with a decision, I had to use someone as a mouth piece, whome I couldn't possibly know the identity of, or I could role claim.

If I were to use a mouthpiece, I risk exposing myself to someone, then just getting killed by the mafia if they were mafia. That is not good at all.

Then there was Role claiming, I chose to role claim a DT for the following reasons. If I role claimed a DT I saw that some people might think I am an idiot due to the insane DT clause, I hoped it would come a while after, unfortunately it happened a single post after mine. The reason I lied is because the mafia will doubtfully try to suicide just a DT. A Jack however is a much better target to Suicide against, there is only one and it is the strongest town role. So I wanted to try to hide among the DTs to avoid the nuke.

That is why I lied, I figured when I was called out I would just reveal that I was actually the Jack, but that the mafia wouldn't try to bomb me.

Now to explain why I believe role calling was a good idea as opposed to just the blind trust. Blind trust means you expose yourself who has approx 1/4 chance of being a mafia, that is a stupid thing to do its risky, and odds are on your side. but then you are putting your blind faith in statistics, It worked last game, I chose not to test it this game. When someone role claims they are NOT committing suicide. When a role claim is proven true, with proper use of medics/martyrs you can establish a town web. Its not a behind the scenes one though, its a public town web. This is more or less what they did last game, however the medics were dumb and this hinges off medic activity/medics being smart. This game inactive players were barred, so this logic is MUCH better than it was last game.
When my Ace = Mafia claim is proven true, I am not a trusted town, more or less anyway. If not, I get Vigi'd. Simple enough, yes? If I am lying about Ace then the medics and martyrs won't protect me and the Vigilantes will kill me and there hits do not overlap.

Doing this as mafia makes little to no sense, there are virtually no benefits since if I was mafia I would be killing Ace just because he is Ace, having no idea what is role actually is. If Ace is a towny, even with his cute little brain, it doesn't justify sacrificing one of the mafia.

That is my logic. When we Lynch Ace we have the entire night to assign medics and martyrs.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
clazziquai
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
6685 Posts
December 29 2008 20:50 GMT
#325
Hey guys do you want me to do the profile-linking thread? :p
#1 Sea.Really Fan / #1 Nesh Fan / Terran Forever~
Caller
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Poland8075 Posts
December 29 2008 20:51 GMT
#326
On December 30 2008 05:50 clazziquai wrote:
Hey guys do you want me to do the profile-linking thread? :p

do it, going through profiles is a bitch
Watch me fail at Paradox: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=397564
clazziquai
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
6685 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-29 20:53:17
December 29 2008 20:51 GMT
#327
ill do it later actually lol
#1 Sea.Really Fan / #1 Nesh Fan / Terran Forever~
RealJack
Profile Joined December 2008
3 Posts
December 29 2008 20:57 GMT
#328
This is the Jack. RebirthOfLegend is an idiot lol. He is not a jack.
LucasWoJ
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States936 Posts
December 29 2008 20:59 GMT
#329
On December 30 2008 05:57 RealJack wrote:
This is the Jack. RebirthOfLegend is an idiot lol. He is not a jack.



Assuming this is the mafia. I guess someone has a sense of humor, just like the smirking new guy, eh?
"Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are it could have been." - Kurt Vonnegut
clazziquai
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
6685 Posts
December 29 2008 20:59 GMT
#330
On December 30 2008 05:57 RealJack wrote:
This is the Jack. RebirthOfLegend is an idiot lol. He is not a jack.


LOL, gtfo.
#1 Sea.Really Fan / #1 Nesh Fan / Terran Forever~
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
December 29 2008 21:05 GMT
#331
On December 30 2008 05:57 RealJack wrote:
This is the Jack. RebirthOfLegend is an idiot lol. He is not a jack.

lol right, I am the idiot.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
ydg
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States690 Posts
December 29 2008 21:08 GMT
#332
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=84982
stupid artanis your name screws up the coding
and who's open supposed to be?
The only courage that matters is the kind that gets you from one moment to the next.
RealJack
Profile Joined December 2008
3 Posts
December 29 2008 21:08 GMT
#333
On December 30 2008 05:59 LucasWoJ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2008 05:57 RealJack wrote:
This is the Jack. RebirthOfLegend is an idiot lol. He is not a jack.



Assuming this is the mafia. I guess someone has a sense of humor, just like the smirking new guy, eh?


Or maybe I am the jack and RebirthoofLegend is messing with you lol? I can prove I am the Jack. I haven't used my abilities yet. If you can think of a test for me (rolecheck on someone) I can pass it. Rebirth can't.
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
December 29 2008 21:09 GMT
#334
On December 30 2008 06:08 RealJack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2008 05:59 LucasWoJ wrote:
On December 30 2008 05:57 RealJack wrote:
This is the Jack. RebirthOfLegend is an idiot lol. He is not a jack.



Assuming this is the mafia. I guess someone has a sense of humor, just like the smirking new guy, eh?


Or maybe I am the jack and RebirthoofLegend is messing with you lol? I can prove I am the Jack. I haven't used my abilities yet. If you can think of a test for me (rolecheck on someone) I can pass it. Rebirth can't.


Rolecheck ace ;p
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
December 29 2008 21:10 GMT
#335
The OP was updated.

6.KH1031
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
December 29 2008 21:11 GMT
#336
I also like how RealJack is not even playing the game and signed up for a TL account on the 30th, which is today. Please don't post in the thread if you're not in the game.
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
clazziquai
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
6685 Posts
December 29 2008 21:11 GMT
#337
On December 30 2008 06:08 ydg wrote:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=84982
stupid artanis your name screws up the coding
and who's open supposed to be?


for artanis u could have typed in

Artanis[xp]

#1 Sea.Really Fan / #1 Nesh Fan / Terran Forever~
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
December 29 2008 21:12 GMT
#338
hmm, if you are the real Jack then you should Vigi Ace for me, since I already used my ability once so far.

that is your test. Succeed please. Also, the proof that I am the Jack is right there with Ace being lynched. So bring it on Mr.RealJack.

Also, please present the reasoning and logic behind me faking being the Jack?
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
ydg
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States690 Posts
December 29 2008 21:12 GMT
#339
kk i updated it. time to do clue analysis
The only courage that matters is the kind that gets you from one moment to the next.
mikeymoo
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada7170 Posts
December 29 2008 21:12 GMT
#340
I trust RoL. For now.

I was Jack in mafia 3, and my thinking in that game was almost exactly the same as his thinking is now. Congrats to him if he can pull some double-reverse psychology garbage, but I think it is far too risky in a game with both people who are intelligent (the types of people who can read things as reverse psychology) and unintelligent (people who take everything at face value). He is NOT sacrificing himself a la Folca. He is smart enough to have a plan if Ace flips red, although it doesn't indicate his legitimacy.

My sole problem is that if Ace flips otherwise and we figure out RoL is mafia, they have a medic that can protect him from vigi hits. Not cool. Hence, I will abstain for now, even though I lean more towards trusting RoL.
o_x | Ow. | 1003 ESPORTS dollars | If you have any questions about bans please PM Kennigit
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 31 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft731
PiGStarcraft258
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 345
Stork 207
Leta 121
ggaemo 110
PianO 61
Hyuk 29
Bale 15
yabsab 12
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm179
League of Legends
JimRising 697
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox560
Westballz55
Mew2King13
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor649
Other Games
summit1g8851
Coldzera 820
C9.Mang0251
Sick126
RuFF_SC2113
ViBE80
ArmadaUGS33
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick692
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream126
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• Letter149
• Adnapsc2 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2184
League of Legends
• Lourlo1301
• Stunt398
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
4h 42m
Online Event
5h 42m
FEL
10h 42m
AI Arena Tournament
11h 42m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
13h 42m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 6h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.