• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:21
CEST 16:21
KST 23:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)56Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9780 users

TL Mafia V: The Town Strikes Back - Page 16

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 31 Next All
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
December 29 2008 20:07 GMT
#301
Ace, I feel as though we are forever intertwined to battle each other in mafia games.
Never once will one of us see the light and work together, yet I can dream, can't I? Mafia 3, you were mafia, we battled, you came out on top. Last game I was mafia and we destroyed you.

It seems like yet Again, we are to fight again, hopefully this won't go down like M3.

I am a DT, I role checked Ace and he popped up Mafia.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
December 29 2008 20:07 GMT
#302
All vote for Ace please :/
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
December 29 2008 20:09 GMT
#303
Rebirth if you're actually a DT you're retarded since you could be an insane DT.
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
December 29 2008 20:09 GMT
#304
Trust me, I am not the insane DT.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
LucasWoJ
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States936 Posts
December 29 2008 20:11 GMT
#305
There are certain clues that lead to him as well, but they're fairly weak. It'd be unfair to vote for Ace without him saying anything at all though, even if he is mafia. I'm waiting for that before I bandwagon.
"Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are it could have been." - Kurt Vonnegut
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
December 29 2008 20:12 GMT
#306
How do you know that?
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
December 29 2008 20:13 GMT
#307
Well, I basically said it in the last post. But I might as well just flat out say it right now.

I am not Actually the DT. I was trying to hide in with them, I am the Jack. The Jack can't be insane. I even PMed caller and Asked him if the Jack could be insane, of course he could not. I just didn't want to be the Jack so early on, its a bad role to claim, now the mafia is going to go after me even harder. That's why I was trying to hide under the premise of being just a normal DT. Sorry to be deceptive, but I saw it a necessary.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
December 29 2008 20:14 GMT
#308
Oh and Caller could you link the vote thread to the day 1 post?
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
Caller
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Poland8075 Posts
December 29 2008 20:15 GMT
#309
http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=84974
Watch me fail at Paradox: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=397564
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
December 29 2008 20:20 GMT
#310
Caller, how long until voting ends btw?
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
nemY
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States3119 Posts
December 29 2008 20:20 GMT
#311
rofl strategy of the mafia games

(1) r/c Ace
(2) lynch Ace
(3) GG
Ver
Profile Joined October 2008
United States2186 Posts
December 29 2008 20:20 GMT
#312
On December 30 2008 05:07 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
Ace, I feel as though we are forever intertwined to battle each other in mafia games.
Never once will one of us see the light and work together, yet I can dream, can't I? Mafia 3, you were mafia, we battled, you came out on top. Last game I was mafia and we destroyed you.

It seems like yet Again, we are to fight again, hopefully this won't go down like M3.

I am a DT, I role checked Ace and he popped up Mafia.


Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Liquipedia
Caller
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Poland8075 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-29 20:25:03
December 29 2008 20:21 GMT
#313
On December 30 2008 05:20 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
Caller, how long until voting ends btw?

depends on when ace posts
if he doesn't post, 5 minutes
if he does post, a bit longer

Just kidding. give it some more time.
Watch me fail at Paradox: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=397564
Incognito
Profile Joined November 2008
United States2071 Posts
December 29 2008 20:23 GMT
#314
Jack huh? That's good. I guess the Jack is now pretty powerful since we know he's not insane...

Now how do we trust this information that you even ARE a Jack?
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
December 29 2008 20:26 GMT
#315
What possible benefits are there to lying about the Jack and exposing myself this early?
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
nemY
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States3119 Posts
December 29 2008 20:26 GMT
#316
well there's the fact that if this holds up true you're a dead man
Qatol
Profile Blog Joined November 2006
United States3165 Posts
December 29 2008 20:28 GMT
#317
On December 30 2008 05:13 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
Well, I basically said it in the last post. But I might as well just flat out say it right now.

I am not Actually the DT. I was trying to hide in with them, I am the Jack. The Jack can't be insane. I even PMed caller and Asked him if the Jack could be insane, of course he could not. I just didn't want to be the Jack so early on, its a bad role to claim, now the mafia is going to go after me even harder. That's why I was trying to hide under the premise of being just a normal DT. Sorry to be deceptive, but I saw it a necessary.


Don't be so hasty with following these instructions. We already saw last game that RoL is smarter than this. Why would he come out and risk our 100% legit rolechecks without even trying to use a mouth? I suggest that we allow the mafia to sort this out. It doesn't make any sense to 100% trade the jack for mafia Ace.
Uff Da
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
December 29 2008 20:30 GMT
#318
That is a common misconception, if this holds up true then we can establish a series of medic/martyr protection on me and other select people and establish a inner circle more or less if the Ace = Mafia checks out. If it doesn't, then you kill me and are down one mafia. A vigi is a simple cure for this solution if I am lying, am I right?

Role Calling isn't necessarily bad. It allows the town to establish a web early on, they tried doing that last game as well but the medics were retarded.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
RebirthOfLeGenD
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
USA5860 Posts
December 29 2008 20:32 GMT
#319
On December 30 2008 05:28 Qatol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2008 05:13 RebirthOfLeGenD wrote:
Well, I basically said it in the last post. But I might as well just flat out say it right now.

I am not Actually the DT. I was trying to hide in with them, I am the Jack. The Jack can't be insane. I even PMed caller and Asked him if the Jack could be insane, of course he could not. I just didn't want to be the Jack so early on, its a bad role to claim, now the mafia is going to go after me even harder. That's why I was trying to hide under the premise of being just a normal DT. Sorry to be deceptive, but I saw it a necessary.


Don't be so hasty with following these instructions. We already saw last game that RoL is smarter than this. Why would he come out and risk our 100% legit rolechecks without even trying to use a mouth? I suggest that we allow the mafia to sort this out. It doesn't make any sense to 100% trade the jack for mafia Ace.


I already used my role check, I cannot trust anyone for sure. If I blind trust someone, I expose myself to the chance of them being in mafia for the sake of hiding amongst the town, if that were to happen I would die anyway.

With this role call, you can look at my above post and see that it isn't as suicidal or dumb as you may think. I am not assured dead unless I get bombed. Which is a rare and not so smart move on day one.
Be a man, Become a Legend. TL Mafia Forum Ask for access!!
mikeymoo
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada7170 Posts
December 29 2008 20:33 GMT
#320
I was about to post what qatol did, but I forgot about the martyr. RoL is smart enough to have a reason for everything. If it is deceptive, he's mafia. If not, he's town. This is a terrible move for mafia to roleclaim Jack imo, so I'm inclined to trust him... for now.

This does not mean, however, that RoL is legit even if Ace is found guilty.

Urgh... I think I'm still going to abstain for now though. Let's see how things go.
o_x | Ow. | 1003 ESPORTS dollars | If you have any questions about bans please PM Kennigit
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 31 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 912
ComeBackTV 592
SteadfastSC452
TaKeTV 336
Rex158
IndyStarCraft 102
EnkiAlexander 49
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 452
Rex 158
ProTech128
IndyStarCraft 102
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 48978
Bisu 2025
Horang2 1342
EffOrt 1106
Soma 646
Mini 580
Hyuk 561
BeSt 473
Light 435
Larva 383
[ Show more ]
Rush 256
ZerO 227
Mong 91
910 82
Leta 74
Sea.KH 57
Pusan 52
Snow 51
ToSsGirL 44
firebathero 42
Sexy 34
Mind 34
JYJ 32
Aegong 29
Bale 23
Yoon 23
Terrorterran 20
Trap 16
Rock 14
Noble 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Sacsri 10
Dota 2
Gorgc6274
qojqva526
Counter-Strike
Fnx 770
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1473
Khaldor1093
Lowko482
Other Games
singsing2215
olofmeister1750
hiko1379
Beastyqt638
B2W.Neo420
Livibee197
Hui .179
XaKoH 153
Liquid`VortiX145
ArmadaUGS106
djWHEAT86
Mew2King72
KnowMe64
QueenE54
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV202
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream83
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 12
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile110
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 32
• FirePhoenix11
• Michael_bg 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2935
Other Games
• Shiphtur22
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 39m
CranKy Ducklings
19h 39m
Online Event
20h 39m
FEL
1d 1h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 2h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 4h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 19h
INu's Battles
1d 21h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.