• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:00
CEST 04:00
KST 11:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7031 users

Star Wars - The Old Republic - Page 7

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 248 Next
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
May 14 2011 16:17 GMT
#121
On May 15 2011 00:06 Sgany wrote:
This game won't compare to Starwars Galaxies, even post-nge Starwars Galaxies, it looks too childish and nothing really new brought to the table.

Pre-CU was where it was at. If only they could have polished it to be less schizophrenic and have clear goals.
kataa
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United Kingdom384 Posts
May 14 2011 16:28 GMT
#122
On May 15 2011 01:02 kasumimi wrote:
Ok I watched the entire thing and now I just want to play the fucking game :S
I hope it's out by August or something...


I don't get the people complaining about the WoW interface (if you played MMOs before the WoW interface you'll know what I mean.) I love the increased focus on narrative and bigger battles.
Drteeth
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Great Britain415 Posts
May 14 2011 16:37 GMT
#123
seriously looking forward to this.
Nice cheese ....GG!
Zocat
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2229 Posts
May 14 2011 16:59 GMT
#124
On May 15 2011 01:28 kataa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 15 2011 01:02 kasumimi wrote:
Ok I watched the entire thing and now I just want to play the fucking game :S
I hope it's out by August or something...


I don't get the people complaining about the WoW interface (if you played MMOs before the WoW interface you'll know what I mean.) I love the increased focus on narrative and bigger battles.


And it's not like WoW didnt steal UI elements from other games. The same inventory, skillbar, minimap, ... everything was there before WoW.
I'm actually interested in SW:TOR, because of the dialog system - it's the first one mmo which has one or am I wrong? Will it turn out good / bad - dont know - but it's actually be a big step, especially when it's implemented in a good way for groups.
DannyJ
Profile Joined March 2010
United States5110 Posts
May 14 2011 17:21 GMT
#125
Looks pretty much like every other MMO out there. I guess that's because it's an MMO...

What do people expect exactly?
Laids
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom596 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-14 17:37:42
May 14 2011 17:37 GMT
#126
The only two things I'm worried about are;

1) Whether the Raids/dungeons will be challenging enough
and
2) Whether the fact companions play a huge part will become annoying after a while as they've already stated that not using companions will be like playing on Nightmare mode.
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
May 14 2011 17:44 GMT
#127
On May 15 2011 02:21 DannyJ wrote:
Looks pretty much like every other MMO out there. I guess that's because it's an MMO...

What do people expect exactly?


I expect the Bounty hunter to sith ratio to be like 1 to 99.

No really, who is going to play Bounty hunter(I would tho) when you can have a red lightsaber and pewpew dark force powers.
WriterXiao8~~
smallerk
Profile Joined October 2010
897 Posts
May 14 2011 17:53 GMT
#128
On May 15 2011 02:44 Kipsate wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 15 2011 02:21 DannyJ wrote:
Looks pretty much like every other MMO out there. I guess that's because it's an MMO...

What do people expect exactly?


I expect the Bounty hunter to sith ratio to be like 1 to 99.

No really, who is going to play Bounty hunter(I would tho) when you can have a red lightsaber and pewpew dark force powers.


Yeah, the "hunter" like characters(bounty hunter and its jedi counterpart) arent looking too good compared to melee/caster sith and jedi
Never Regret anything because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.
tok
Profile Joined April 2010
United States691 Posts
May 14 2011 17:55 GMT
#129
Looks more like a clone wars game than the old republic I though it would be. I'll give it a try.
kidleader
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Korea (South)233 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-14 18:05:01
May 14 2011 18:04 GMT
#130
3 mins into that leaked video and it looks friggin' sick. For me, MMOs are all about atmosphere, and dat is some juicy Star Wars atmosphere right there.
Tokyo Seoul London New York \\ SlayerS, KT
neohero9
Profile Joined May 2010
United States595 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-14 18:07:40
May 14 2011 18:05 GMT
#131
On May 15 2011 00:30 chroniX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 14 2011 23:49 Fruscainte wrote:
RECENT LEAKED GAMEPLAY

http://www.justin.tv/archive/archive_popout?id=285836649

My god it looks like shit. It literally looks like WoW with a Star Wars skin.



Hahahaha!
That has to be a fake! Its too hilarious!
It really looks like someone had a few free weeks and developed a Star Wars MOD for WoW - from the inventory and items to the skillbar to the combat - its exactly the same!
They said they would revoIutionize the MMO-genre. I really hope they get flamed by the community for this ripoff.
Having said that, it will be a succesfull game , just because of the Star Wars franchise....


BioWare never said they were going to revolutionize the MMO genre. In fact, they said the exact opposite, many times: "We're not trying to reinvent the wheel here." I've been following this game for three years. I wanted them to do things differently (no trinity, etc), but they're not going to.

What they DID say was that they wanted to add something to the genre. This is the story element they talk about so much.

Don't expect this game to be some kind of grand reinvention of the MMO idea. It's not going to be that, BW never said it was going to be that, BW never tried to make it that. It is going to be an iteration on an already existing (and successful) theme, done with BW polish, with story/choice elements and full VO.

BW is about story, choice, and immersion. That's what they're doing here. Not every game, not even every major game, has to reinvent the genre.
I cannot stand ignorance or dismissiveness. I edit every post I make-- I've edited this sig three times in an hour.
Bleak
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Turkey3059 Posts
May 14 2011 18:21 GMT
#132
THe gameplay looks cool and nice, but I don't understand why he's beating the droids with the lightsaber's handler. Why not let it open all the way?
"I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance. "
smallerk
Profile Joined October 2010
897 Posts
May 14 2011 18:25 GMT
#133
On May 15 2011 03:21 Bleak wrote:
THe gameplay looks cool and nice, but I don't understand why he's beating the droids with the lightsaber's handler. Why not let it open all the way?


Because he doesnt have a full lightsaber yet, he receives it in the end, if you watch all the way.( at about 1:25 i think.)
Never Regret anything because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
May 14 2011 19:01 GMT
#134
On May 14 2011 23:49 Fruscainte wrote:
RECENT LEAKED GAMEPLAY

http://www.justin.tv/archive/archive_popout?id=285836649

My god it looks like shit. It literally looks like WoW with a Star Wars skin.


thanks for the leaked footage <3.
When I think of something else, something will go here
Random()
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Kyrgyz Republic1462 Posts
May 14 2011 19:07 GMT
#135
On May 15 2011 01:28 kataa wrote:
I don't get the people complaining about the WoW interface (if you played MMOs before the WoW interface you'll know what I mean.) I love the increased focus on narrative and bigger battles.


I don't think people complain about the interface, but rather that the game seems to have exactly the same core gameplay, which is very stale. That is if you have played WoW you already know what the 95% of a "standard" MMO consists of. Story or not, I just don't see how it could be enjoyable if the actual gameplay is the same old unchallenging grind. Maybe I just don't get it, but I don't believe that this is the best that can be done in a MMO. At least Blizzards next MMO sounds different :\
Chillax
Profile Joined March 2011
England585 Posts
May 14 2011 19:16 GMT
#136
Good god is that David Hayters voice? I'm buying this game is he voices my mmo charecter!
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
May 14 2011 19:19 GMT
#137
On May 15 2011 04:07 Random() wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 15 2011 01:28 kataa wrote:
I don't get the people complaining about the WoW interface (if you played MMOs before the WoW interface you'll know what I mean.) I love the increased focus on narrative and bigger battles.


I don't think people complain about the interface, but rather that the game seems to have exactly the same core gameplay, which is very stale. That is if you have played WoW you already know what the 95% of a "standard" MMO consists of. Story or not, I just don't see how it could be enjoyable if the actual gameplay is the same old unchallenging grind. Maybe I just don't get it, but I don't believe that this is the best that can be done in a MMO. At least Blizzards next MMO sounds different :\


It's honestly this

A game can't be held up by its story. If I wanted to have a compelling story I'd read a fucking book. There's only a couple dozen million or something out there. A game needs to be A GOOD GAME. So far what I'm seeing from this game, especially that one and a half hour gameplay, is rehashed generic MMO gameplay with a Star Wars skin.
AzurewinD
Profile Joined November 2010
United States569 Posts
May 14 2011 21:22 GMT
#138
On May 15 2011 04:19 Fruscainte wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 15 2011 04:07 Random() wrote:
On May 15 2011 01:28 kataa wrote:
I don't get the people complaining about the WoW interface (if you played MMOs before the WoW interface you'll know what I mean.) I love the increased focus on narrative and bigger battles.


I don't think people complain about the interface, but rather that the game seems to have exactly the same core gameplay, which is very stale. That is if you have played WoW you already know what the 95% of a "standard" MMO consists of. Story or not, I just don't see how it could be enjoyable if the actual gameplay is the same old unchallenging grind. Maybe I just don't get it, but I don't believe that this is the best that can be done in a MMO. At least Blizzards next MMO sounds different :\


It's honestly this

A game can't be held up by its story. If I wanted to have a compelling story I'd read a fucking book. There's only a couple dozen million or something out there. A game needs to be A GOOD GAME. So far what I'm seeing from this game, especially that one and a half hour gameplay, is rehashed generic MMO gameplay with a Star Wars skin.



Great. Going to absolutely love it then.

Can't wait for it to come out.
"...I want more people to be in that state more often, to see things not through the limited and rigid mind or the fearful ego, but through a heart that loves to express and create" - Xiaonan "Glider" Sun
Fruscainte
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
4596 Posts
May 14 2011 21:51 GMT
#139
The main problem with this game is how invested Bioware is into it. I think the numbers are 150 million development and 100 million advertisement campaign, but I think the overall comes out to 300 million from another site I read on. So about 250-300 million in the hole + the money to support the game after it's up.

This game needs to be a ballpark game to just break even, and it's quite frankly just average.
neohero9
Profile Joined May 2010
United States595 Posts
May 14 2011 21:55 GMT
#140
Fruscainte, is it safe to say that you're down on this game?

Because that's what your posts in this thread have said. All of them. You don't like this game.

Message received.
I cannot stand ignorance or dismissiveness. I edit every post I make-- I've edited this sig three times in an hour.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 248 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings117
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 165
ProTech138
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 252
Bale 19
Terrorterran 15
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm224
League of Legends
Doublelift5955
JimRising 738
Counter-Strike
taco 45
minikerr28
Other Games
summit1g12010
C9.Mang0367
PiLiPiLi11
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1076
BasetradeTV168
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream46
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP160
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 1m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
9h 1m
Monday Night Weeklies
14h 1m
Replay Cast
21h 1m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 8h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 9h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 22h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.