• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:26
CEST 16:26
KST 23:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8459 users

Star Wars - The Old Republic - Page 243

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 241 242 243 244 245 248 Next
AnomalySC2
Profile Joined August 2012
United States2073 Posts
April 25 2013 15:09 GMT
#4841
On April 25 2013 21:25 LaughingTulkas wrote:
I recently started playing as a FTP player. I've never played an MMO before and I'm having fun! I realize that I have no standard to compare to (I'm don't think I'll ever pay a monthly fee for playing ANY game), but I think if you're a Star Wars fan the game is quite enjoyable so far. The worlds seem well populated to me and about 95% of the time I have zero wait time when queueing up for a flashpoint (I play a tank). Everyone I've played with is friendly and nice. The quests aren't super diverse but the storyline is pretty good (Jedi Guardian) so far, and the voice acting is great.

From what I've heard, the game is more suited to people who also like single player RPGs like myself, and who don't mind doing all the single player quests. I like the single player mode, but also the ability to play with others when I feel like it. The main criticism I hear is that the MMO part of it is lacking, but for me it has a good balance between solo and multi play. For the price, I think it's awesome, and definitely worth checking out if you match what I said above.


I'd say it has always been a top 3 mmo. It's definitely up there with WoW and Guild Wars 2. The problem ToR ran into when it first launched was a lack of content when compared to WoW, which it is incredibly similar to. Most people hit end game and then felt there just weren't enough features to justify playing it over WoW, which is a shame because it's truly a great game.

As far as questing goes, I'd say it pretty easily beats all other MMOs if only for the storylines themselves.
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
May 07 2013 16:45 GMT
#4842
Damn i thought about playing again since its F2P now, you dont really get alot for being an old subscriber do you lol.

No ranked pvp is probably one of the greediest restrictions ive seen, putting that on an old subscriber who paid out over £100 in game + subs for a game that went bust pretty quick is pretty harsh.

Anyway, i see you have to buy "unlocks" for pretty much everything (gear, weekly passes etc) are they all obtainable with in game money, or will i be sitting in greens because i cant fork out a few $$
Useless wet fish.
LRM)TechnicS
Profile Joined May 2008
Bulgaria1565 Posts
May 20 2013 09:27 GMT
#4843
levelling up when F2P seems very slow to me T_T i was lucky to catch some double XP weekends and I managed to get it to lvl 50. As a F2P player, it feels like all the items that were dropped after the harder battles were rather too weak. Now that I passed through all the class quests im unsure what to do -_-
Enjoy the game
MentalGNT
Profile Joined January 2011
Denmark1264 Posts
May 20 2013 09:44 GMT
#4844
On May 20 2013 18:27 LRM)TechnicS wrote:
levelling up when F2P seems very slow to me T_T i was lucky to catch some double XP weekends and I managed to get it to lvl 50. As a F2P player, it feels like all the items that were dropped after the harder battles were rather too weak. Now that I passed through all the class quests im unsure what to do -_-

I don't think there's too much to do after class quests as a F2P player, considering that both warzones and flashpoints are limited :/
What a player
FromShouri
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
United States862 Posts
May 20 2013 10:40 GMT
#4845
On May 08 2013 01:45 Capped wrote:
Damn i thought about playing again since its F2P now, you dont really get alot for being an old subscriber do you lol.

No ranked pvp is probably one of the greediest restrictions ive seen, putting that on an old subscriber who paid out over £100 in game + subs for a game that went bust pretty quick is pretty harsh.

Anyway, i see you have to buy "unlocks" for pretty much everything (gear, weekly passes etc) are they all obtainable with in game money, or will i be sitting in greens because i cant fork out a few $$


You can buy most unlocks for in game cash i had started stock piling them before my one month had ended.....sad part is though that as f2p you have a 200 or 300k limit on credits so things like the artifact authorization even for just one character are way out of your price range.

I played for about a month and a half before i called it quits. Pvp is a joke even as a sub and the amount of f2p without purple gear was rediculous at the time. Id go into a warzone and out of 16 people maybe 4 had adequate gear so i lost ablot initially because my team mates couldnt take a hit and i couldnt be everywhere at once.

Pve was just standard mmo "move here move here dont stand in the fire" crap, even the quests while sometimes voiced beautifully with good dialogue were standard fetch x or kill x crap that eventually just made me not even listen to the dialogue because it was just a rehash of crap id already heard umpteen times.

To the person who said this was top 3 mmo, how...how the fuck could you ever say that even at its peak? At its peak it had maybe as many subs as dc online.....and that failed and had to go f2p as well.
Limited Edition, lets do some simple addition, $50 for a T-Shirt is just some ignorant bitch shit.
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
May 20 2013 11:10 GMT
#4846
Its a shame they had to milk it so much when it went F2P, At least their end-game content could have been salvaged.

Oh well, im making RIFT my F2P WoW-Clone now
Useless wet fish.
trainRiderJ
Profile Joined August 2010
United States615 Posts
May 20 2013 13:24 GMT
#4847
On May 20 2013 19:40 FromShouri wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 08 2013 01:45 Capped wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Damn i thought about playing again since its F2P now, you dont really get alot for being an old subscriber do you lol.

No ranked pvp is probably one of the greediest restrictions ive seen, putting that on an old subscriber who paid out over £100 in game + subs for a game that went bust pretty quick is pretty harsh.

Anyway, i see you have to buy "unlocks" for pretty much everything (gear, weekly passes etc) are they all obtainable with in game money, or will i be sitting in greens because i cant fork out a few $$


You can buy most unlocks for in game cash i had started stock piling them before my one month had ended.....sad part is though that as f2p you have a 200 or 300k limit on credits so things like the artifact authorization even for just one character are way out of your price range.

I played for about a month and a half before i called it quits. Pvp is a joke even as a sub and the amount of f2p without purple gear was rediculous at the time. Id go into a warzone and out of 16 people maybe 4 had adequate gear so i lost ablot initially because my team mates couldnt take a hit and i couldnt be everywhere at once.

Pve was just standard mmo "move here move here dont stand in the fire" crap, even the quests while sometimes voiced beautifully with good dialogue were standard fetch x or kill x crap that eventually just made me not even listen to the dialogue because it was just a rehash of crap id already heard umpteen times.

To the person who said this was top 3 mmo, how...how the fuck could you ever say that even at its peak? At its peak it had maybe as many subs as dc online.....and that failed and had to go f2p as well.

That wasn't me, but personally, this was a top 3 mmo for me. However, that's only because me and three other friends who are all big star wars fans played through all the PvE and most of the flashpoints together. It was a lot of fun seeing our different characters change and going through the entire story together.

That said, this game could have been SO MUCH better if instead of being a full-fledged MMO it only supported 4-player coop Borderlands-style, and the dev team had been free to focus on making other aspects of the game better.
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
May 20 2013 13:32 GMT
#4848
You know what irked me the most?

I played the free trial well before F2P, but that meant I had an account, and a character that was lvl 12 (or whatever the cap was) and had already done the first 2 worlds.

When the game starts F2P and I log in, I'm stuck under the ship. Recalling doesn't work because I'm "moving", auto unstuck puts me right back in the same place, I'm in a solo instance so nobody can help me, emergency evac thing (which I had to BUY) didn't work, and Customer support won't TALK to me because I'm not a subscriber. Even when I called them.

Seriously, fuck this game.
teapot
Profile Joined October 2007
United Kingdom266 Posts
May 20 2013 17:30 GMT
#4849
A funny story.

A few years ago when WoW launched I played it for a few months, but got bored with the grindy aspects of the game. Occasionally I would play through a single player game during this time. One of them was KOTOR. It was like a breath of fresh air. A few years later, SWTOR, they made KOTOR like WoW ...

I played SWTOR for a bit then let my subscription expire. Logged in on F2P launch. See they took away my toolbars and my toon has permanent helmet/visor. Not been back since.
Maxyim
Profile Joined March 2012
430 Posts
May 28 2013 15:22 GMT
#4850
So is there any point at all in picking this back up? Did they ever expand class storylines? Is there any kind of PvP scene?
Infernal_dream
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2359 Posts
May 28 2013 15:39 GMT
#4851
On May 29 2013 00:22 Maxyim wrote:
So is there any point at all in picking this back up? Did they ever expand class storylines? Is there any kind of PvP scene?


If you're not going to pay then no. The f2p version is terrible.
Maxyim
Profile Joined March 2012
430 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-29 02:35:16
May 29 2013 02:34 GMT
#4852
I could pay if it is worth it. Already have a level 49 tricked out operative with ~10 million credits (AH abuse) from my initial 3 month sub (planned to make a pvp video at level 49 but lost interest). Just wondering if I should make the effort to make any more time investment into this alleged failure of a MMO.
Rah
Profile Joined February 2010
United States973 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-29 15:42:56
May 29 2013 15:42 GMT
#4853
I had months of pvp fun with this game. When it was subscription only I ran premades with Seal Team Sith. I don't know if things have changed since I played but operative as a rogue spec got nerfed to shit at max level, so I ended up settling on my Juggernaut for the burst damage role. Operative was the best pvp healer at the time when I left though and it was crazy damage when I had first hit max level. I've been playing this ultra casually again ftp as a duo with my gf but I quit before because I had already experienced everything in the game. Here's a video I still have from when operative could burst everything down at max level. http://www.twitch.tv/rahsun86/b/311548514 Also when people didn't really know how to play huttball..
Streaming on twitch. http://www.twitch.tv/rahsun86
Maxyim
Profile Joined March 2012
430 Posts
May 29 2013 16:25 GMT
#4854
Yeah I used to be able to burst people down like that, believe that I quit shortly after the patch that nerfed hidden strike to hell.

In any event, is there anything new with the story (since release, I quit in March of 2012)?
ryndaris
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
263 Posts
May 29 2013 16:28 GMT
#4855
I had an absolute blast on my Marauder after release... but after returning to check out the F2P system I quickly shelved it again (it's pretty terrible). Unfortunately with GW2 out it's very difficult for me to justify a subscription for these kinds of MMO's anymore.
AnomalySC2
Profile Joined August 2012
United States2073 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-29 17:41:07
May 29 2013 16:29 GMT
#4856
On May 29 2013 00:39 Infernal_dream wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2013 00:22 Maxyim wrote:
So is there any point at all in picking this back up? Did they ever expand class storylines? Is there any kind of PvP scene?


If you're not going to pay then no. The f2p version is terrible.


It is easily the worst f2p model I've ever seen. Expected no less from corporate masters EA though....I see no reason to pick this back up again over Neverwinter, personally.
Krohm
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Canada1857 Posts
May 29 2013 17:06 GMT
#4857
I hate to tell you Rah, but people still don't know how to play Huttball. Also operatives are still good for healing. Although the Jedi/Sith casters are on par with them now.

I was in a really good Republic PvP guild. We literally never lost when we'd 8 queue. It was fun but I sort of lost interest in the game over time. I made a lot of credits by crafting but again, got bored.

I sometimes miss it but the game just isn't "good".
Not bad for a cat toy.
BisuDagger
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Bisutopia19391 Posts
June 11 2013 10:46 GMT
#4858
Figured I'd invest one month in seeing what this game had to offer since I never got to play mid-lategame content when it first came out. I am having an awesome time with the PvP arenas. There is a good mix of them and yesterday everyone seemed to know what they were doing. So I'm going to focus on class missions and PvP and just enjoy what good this game had to offer. It feels a lot more fun now that the hype wagon followed by the anger wagon has kind of blown over.
ModeratorFormer Afreeca Starleague Caster: http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
June 11 2013 10:52 GMT
#4859
I used to fuckin tear up PvP in SW:TOR, i was such a badass stealthy bitch with my double-sided lightsaber.

The F2P system is a joke compared to others though, especially RIFT
Useless wet fish.
Arnstein
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway3381 Posts
November 27 2013 06:31 GMT
#4860
Anyone still playing this? Now that it's free to play, I had to log on one day, and it's actually a lot better! They now have group finder, so it's possible to actually find people for flashpoints/operations, and PvP is a bit more balanced. It must be the best f2p MMO out there.
rsol in response to the dragoon voice being heard in SCII: dragoon ai reaches new lows: wanders into wrong game
Prev 1 241 242 243 244 245 248 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1466
WardiTV961
OGKoka 239
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 239
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 8077
Bisu 1951
Shuttle 1078
Horang2 703
Larva 498
Stork 421
EffOrt 412
BeSt 400
actioN 271
Mini 244
[ Show more ]
Mind 137
910 96
Zeus 92
Snow 74
Barracks 64
Mong 62
Shinee 51
hero 49
JYJ 41
ToSsGirL 36
Bale 31
sorry 31
Killer 26
Shine 25
Sexy 25
HiyA 20
Aegong 19
soO 18
zelot 17
scan(afreeca) 14
Free 10
Sacsri 9
Noble 7
Terrorterran 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5344
qojqva2439
Dendi1132
febbydoto28
Counter-Strike
fl0m2683
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko465
Other Games
singsing2861
hiko988
B2W.Neo849
Livibee442
TKL 418
XBOCT269
Hui .221
Liquid`VortiX209
XaKoH 187
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 24
• mYiSmile110
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 34
• iopq 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3139
• Jankos2211
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
1h 34m
Replay Cast
8h 34m
Afreeca Starleague
19h 34m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
20h 34m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.