• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:00
CEST 00:00
KST 07:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9254 users

Star Wars - The Old Republic - Page 242

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 240 241 242 243 244 248 Next
Godwrath
Profile Joined August 2012
Spain10166 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-20 19:15:34
November 20 2012 19:13 GMT
#4821
Most MMOs are worth the month if you like that kind of games. It's how it is. Only exception i had found thus far had been guild wars 2, biggest steaming pile of shit i had ever played. I am hating my RL friends for making me buy it, but i should blame myself because nothing was telling me that the game would be any fucking good. Sorry about the de-rail.

About SWTOR, this are the weakness for me. You may see them in a lot of MMOs too, so yeah, i am pretty much not touching the genre till something big happens (hoping for Titan, who knows). Maybe some of this stuff had been fixed, i don't know.

- Clunky skill feeling. Animations are cool, but it felt clunky because of how it was implemented, many times off-gcd skills wouldn't work just because animations. The gameplay was clunky. Better than most MMOs, but not even close to WoW smooth.

- PvP matchmaking nonexistant. I used to play with my guild in premade, so you can guess a 90% of my warzones were just owning newbyes/scrubs. Boring shit made only to people who enjoy stomping nabs instead of challenge. And yes, if they included the ranked, they are an option, but as far i know, regular warzones are required before starting rankeds if you don't have people to carry you. So stupid shit i don't understand why if your whole PvP system is instanced based, you don't put a fucking matchmaking system like any fucking game do.

- Almost non existant outdoor PvP even on PvP servers. I don't know if illium is up again, hope for people's mental sanity to don't exist anymore. While levelling it will be very rare to find other people. Also elite guards and that stuff prevents you from having real world pvp. I hate that on most PvP MMORPGs since it deny the intention of a PvP server. It's not about ganking, it's about playing, levelling, farming or whatever feeling that thrill. If you like that, this game doesn't deliver.

- Instanced. Everything, is, fucking, instanced. Zones, dungeons, pvp, étc. Bosses outdoor ? They are crap and give crap.

- Balance stupidity. I played a sentinel, unstoppable killing machine, crazy overpowered, 2v1 was ezpz for me, and many times, even against competent players just because how freaking good watchman's tree was (took like 3 months for most people to realize it, dumbfucks), yet they nerfed any other shit before. Just because people were crying about stupid shit like grav round like it was overpowered... and saying that sentinels/marauders were underpowered. That way you know how the dev team really didn't have a clue about how their game was played out and just listened to stupid spammers whining at the forums.

- Social aspects. The game has ONE good thing, no cross servers. Or atleast, it used to have that. But other than that, you only knew people on your server due to warzones. Since there wasn't any pvp outside, and how the quests works (if you like them, you would actually prefer to play alone), and most zones were instanced, knowing people and socializing is not an easy feature.


Good things ? If you are a wow player and are just looking to take a break, it's a game to consider, since it plays out the same way, you will enjoy it, but then you will realize WoW is better and you will come back after your break.

And no, i don't play WoW. I won't pay anymore for WoW or any WoW clone on the market, i am done with them, and my RL friends can go fuck themselves after trying the freaking retardation of GW2 (sorry guys, but what a pile of shit).
NIIINO
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Slovakia1320 Posts
November 26 2012 14:45 GMT
#4822
what do i get when i buy game time in the gamestop ?
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
November 26 2012 16:25 GMT
#4823
On November 26 2012 23:45 NIIINO wrote:
what do i get when i buy game time in the gamestop ?


Access to everything (that was in the base game, no free extra items from the shop) for the sub period and a stipend of cash shop points.
Zocat
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2229 Posts
November 26 2012 23:03 GMT
#4824
So today I bought an Artifact Unlock.
"Use: Applies the selected unlock to all Characters on your Account."
"Apply Unlock (Account)"

3rd subpic is from an alt of mine.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Good job Bioware - AGAIN! Apparently "Account" means "Character".

EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
November 26 2012 23:31 GMT
#4825
Any TLers on The Bastion? Been playing again and enjoying it quite a bit, despite the shortcomings.
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
Arachne
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
South Africa426 Posts
December 02 2012 06:49 GMT
#4826
What is the TL server?
If I were a rich man, I wouldn't be here
Sophia
Profile Joined April 2012
Germany115 Posts
December 02 2012 08:38 GMT
#4827
On November 27 2012 08:03 Zocat wrote:
So today I bought an Artifact Unlock.
"Use: Applies the selected unlock to all Characters on your Account."
"Apply Unlock (Account)"

3rd subpic is from an alt of mine.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Good job Bioware - AGAIN! Apparently "Account" means "Character".



Contact support...
carraway
Profile Joined March 2011
264 Posts
December 02 2012 09:20 GMT
#4828
I play on The Bastion, 42 Jedi Sentinel, just working through the story with a friend. I'm finally starting to get quest fatigue. For a long time I was trying not to just spacebar through non-story quests, but even the writing is just plain bland and often lazy (the canned responses are understandable, but not the complete lack of connection to the choices you make). I'm fine with the UI/engine/interface, as it's essentially a WoW clone.

Up to this point I've killed maybe...3 or 4 people in outdoor PvP? It's pretty disappointing how they've put the opposing factions on the same planets but fenced them off all the way until late in the leveling curve (first time I saw an enemy player in a non-town area was Hoth, around level 38 or so).

The only reason to play the game is for the story but there's so much extraneous MMO bullshit that I find it hard to recommend playing to anyone. I had initially planned on doing one Republic and one Empire character, but I'm probably going to call it quits after the end of my Jedi Sentinel's story.
Infernal_dream
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2359 Posts
December 02 2012 09:29 GMT
#4829
On December 02 2012 18:20 carraway wrote:
I play on The Bastion, 42 Jedi Sentinel, just working through the story with a friend. I'm finally starting to get quest fatigue. For a long time I was trying not to just spacebar through non-story quests, but even the writing is just plain bland and often lazy (the canned responses are understandable, but not the complete lack of connection to the choices you make). I'm fine with the UI/engine/interface, as it's essentially a WoW clone.

Up to this point I've killed maybe...3 or 4 people in outdoor PvP? It's pretty disappointing how they've put the opposing factions on the same planets but fenced them off all the way until late in the leveling curve (first time I saw an enemy player in a non-town area was Hoth, around level 38 or so).

The only reason to play the game is for the story but there's so much extraneous MMO bullshit that I find it hard to recommend playing to anyone. I had initially planned on doing one Republic and one Empire character, but I'm probably going to call it quits after the end of my Jedi Sentinel's story.


Every single jedi story regardless of class is extremely care bear and sissy. It's also extreme on the choices. As in if you choose the dark side choice everyone acts like you're the worst person in the world, even if you just called someone a name. The empires story, lines, dialogues, everything is just so much better. You're the communities bitch as a jedi, as a sith everyone respects you.
carraway
Profile Joined March 2011
264 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-02 11:08:19
December 02 2012 10:44 GMT
#4830
On December 02 2012 18:29 Infernal_dream wrote:
Every single jedi story regardless of class is extremely care bear and sissy. It's also extreme on the choices. As in if you choose the dark side choice everyone acts like you're the worst person in the world, even if you just called someone a name. The empires story, lines, dialogues, everything is just so much better. You're the communities bitch as a jedi, as a sith everyone respects you.


Yeah, I'm just not sure I can deal with the non-story quests. I'm happy with the main story itself.

edit: I've also played a little bit of the Imperial Sniper storyline, and same deal -- happy with the story, not with the other quests.
Zocat
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2229 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-02 16:22:11
December 02 2012 16:21 GMT
#4831
On December 02 2012 17:38 Sophia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 27 2012 08:03 Zocat wrote:
So today I bought an Artifact Unlock.
"Use: Applies the selected unlock to all Characters on your Account."
"Apply Unlock (Account)"

3rd subpic is from an alt of mine.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Good job Bioware - AGAIN! Apparently "Account" means "Character".



Contact support...


Not possible.
Support is only for subs.


In other news:
They announced they want to lift the restrictions for preferred: 4 quickbars & 6 charslots.
I also think they mentioned 4 chars for f2p players.
Sophia
Profile Joined April 2012
Germany115 Posts
December 02 2012 17:56 GMT
#4832
On December 03 2012 01:21 Zocat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 02 2012 17:38 Sophia wrote:
On November 27 2012 08:03 Zocat wrote:
So today I bought an Artifact Unlock.
"Use: Applies the selected unlock to all Characters on your Account."
"Apply Unlock (Account)"

3rd subpic is from an alt of mine.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Good job Bioware - AGAIN! Apparently "Account" means "Character".



Contact support...


Not possible.
Support is only for subs.


In other news:
They announced they want to lift the restrictions for preferred: 4 quickbars & 6 charslots.
I also think they mentioned 4 chars for f2p players.


Then post in the forums! It clearly says ACCOUNT!
Arnstein
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway3381 Posts
December 04 2012 22:41 GMT
#4833
I think I've officially given this game/EA up now. I played it again, since I WANT to like it, and saw that it was 5 dollars to unlock toggle head slot. 5 dollars isn't much, so I added cartel coins and added unlock, assuming that it would unlock for all characters. Only after having enough cartel coins to unlock for one character will you get the option to unlock for all characters, which is bullshit! Unlocking for all costs 15 dollars, and there's no way I would do that.

I sure fell into their trap, but now it's over for me. This was the last drop. Unfortunately, nobody wants to play this crap, so I can't sell my collector's edition, which I paid 250 dollars for, to anyone.
rsol in response to the dragoon voice being heard in SCII: dragoon ai reaches new lows: wanders into wrong game
Khalum
Profile Joined September 2010
Austria831 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-05 09:54:22
December 05 2012 09:53 GMT
#4834
I played for 2 days, now I'm level 16 and the game tells me that I need to verify my email adress. When I enter it at the account details, the browser says I'm going to receive a confirmation mail. Which doesn't appear to happen, ever. Also, the email field is cleared as soon as I've entered my adress. What the...?

[edit] nvm. I used a different adress now and it worked. This is weird.
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
December 05 2012 19:00 GMT
#4835
On December 02 2012 18:20 carraway wrote:
I play on The Bastion, 42 Jedi Sentinel, just working through the story with a friend. I'm finally starting to get quest fatigue. For a long time I was trying not to just spacebar through non-story quests, but even the writing is just plain bland and often lazy (the canned responses are understandable, but not the complete lack of connection to the choices you make). I'm fine with the UI/engine/interface, as it's essentially a WoW clone.


I started skipping dialogue at about lvl 10 when I realized that I could pick up the general story outline by just looking at the person and listening to the first couple of words. All the non Dark/light choices just change the next sentence out of their mouth before continuing anyway.
FromShouri
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
United States862 Posts
January 03 2013 07:51 GMT
#4836
is anyone playing this? i got a free month for a christmas present and I came back after playing my friends account at release and deciding it wasn't worth 60+monthly sub. So far I'm having a decent time playing but it seems like everyone I talk too is sick of BW's shit, which I can rightly imagine so reading the developers blog today(all major enhancements are on back burner, will be getting same gender romance options when they release makeb), It felt like Diablo 3 PVP blog all over again.
Limited Edition, lets do some simple addition, $50 for a T-Shirt is just some ignorant bitch shit.
PandaCore
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany553 Posts
January 03 2013 11:48 GMT
#4837
Just checked back after a over half a year of inactivity and it saddens me to see what you're not allowed to do if you don't subscribe... almost unplayable. At least if you played it subscription-based before.

Not really sure I can get back into the game anymore, even though some friends want to play some more soon.

Sadly there aren't any other real options MMO-wise right now (i.e. nothing that came out new with everybody on equal footing).
I has a flavor
Wegandi
Profile Joined March 2011
United States2455 Posts
January 03 2013 11:50 GMT
#4838
On January 03 2013 20:48 PandaCore wrote:
Just checked back after a over half a year of inactivity and it saddens me to see what you're not allowed to do if you don't subscribe... almost unplayable. At least if you played it subscription-based before.

Not really sure I can get back into the game anymore, even though some friends want to play some more soon.

Sadly there aren't any other real options MMO-wise right now (i.e. nothing that came out new with everybody on equal footing).


Secret World? It is 'free' also.
Thank you bureaucrats for all your hard work, your commitment to public service and public good is essential to the lives of so many. Also, for Pete's sake can we please get some gun control already, no need for hand guns and assault rifles for the public
AnomalySC2
Profile Joined August 2012
United States2073 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-25 12:14:10
April 25 2013 12:13 GMT
#4839
Anyone still playing this game? The Rise of the Hutt Cartel expansion just went live a few days ago and I'm interested if it's any good. I'm wondering if this game has a decent playerbase left, I like never hear anyone talking about ToR these days.
LaughingTulkas
Profile Joined March 2008
United States1107 Posts
April 25 2013 12:25 GMT
#4840
I recently started playing as a FTP player. I've never played an MMO before and I'm having fun! I realize that I have no standard to compare to (I'm don't think I'll ever pay a monthly fee for playing ANY game), but I think if you're a Star Wars fan the game is quite enjoyable so far. The worlds seem well populated to me and about 95% of the time I have zero wait time when queueing up for a flashpoint (I play a tank). Everyone I've played with is friendly and nice. The quests aren't super diverse but the storyline is pretty good (Jedi Guardian) so far, and the voice acting is great.

From what I've heard, the game is more suited to people who also like single player RPGs like myself, and who don't mind doing all the single player quests. I like the single player mode, but also the ability to play with others when I feel like it. The main criticism I hear is that the MMO part of it is lacking, but for me it has a good balance between solo and multi play. For the price, I think it's awesome, and definitely worth checking out if you match what I said above.
"I love noobies, they're so happy." -Chill
Prev 1 240 241 242 243 244 248 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech143
SpeCial 78
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 216
MaD[AoV]32
910 21
Bale 14
League of Legends
JimRising 438
Counter-Strike
fl0m4128
Fnx 597
minikerr5
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox433
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4248
Liquid`Hasu563
Other Games
summit1g6970
FrodaN642
C9.Mang0228
JuggernautJason34
Trikslyr2
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV252
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream19
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21461
Other Games
• Shiphtur803
• imaqtpie756
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
2h
Patches Events
18h
The PondCast
1d 12h
INu's Battles
1d 13h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.