• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:14
CEST 20:14
KST 03:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)72Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8520 users

Star Wars - The Old Republic - Page 240

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 238 239 240 241 242 248 Next
Arnstein
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway3381 Posts
November 15 2012 21:49 GMT
#4781
On November 16 2012 06:46 Sermokala wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 16 2012 06:39 Arnstein wrote:
Logged on. Even more shitty. Logged off.


was it laggy or did you just not like it?


Lag was a part of it, but that wasn't the main reason why I logged off.
rsol in response to the dragoon voice being heard in SCII: dragoon ai reaches new lows: wanders into wrong game
Disengaged
Profile Joined July 2010
United States6994 Posts
November 15 2012 22:35 GMT
#4782
Lol

Tried it for a bit and I have to say that this is 1 of the worse free to play models I've ever seen.
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
November 15 2012 22:58 GMT
#4783
On November 16 2012 06:11 Zocat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 16 2012 05:22 OutlaW- wrote:
whats with the hate :/ im a huge sucker for star wars so this is perfect, ill be able to play all the (well done and entertaining) stories, treating it like kotor 2.5.. Even if they made it into something horrible i dont see a reason to bash it ''i wish they lost a lot of money on this game because they wont let me hide their helmet'' wtf? :/


2 quickbars
You will run out of slots at around lv 30 (even without slotting quicktravel, mounts, buffs, ...). I used 3.5bars of essential stuff at lv50. I'd go so far and say it's not playable with 2 bars at lv 50.

Overall the F2P just feels unpolished. More like "What do we have as options?" instead of "What would be good things to charge for?"
i.e. add new char creation options (haircuts, makeup, heads, ... ) to the shop and charge for those (also add an ingame "plastic surgeon" for older chars) instead of demanding money for hiding the helm.
Add special dyes to dye your armor (you also get rid of being forced to use the chest piece color). Everyone else remembers true black from UO?
Sell additional character slots (there's no option for that!).

Sell the story (ties into char slots) - your 3rd char story costs 5-10$. Sure you could just create an additional account, but I'd say a lot of people would just pay 5-10$ for convenience so they can have all chars on one account (sweeten the deal with a free small serverwide vault (3x3 would be enough - again with the option to make it bigger).
Sell access to Illum (planet story & flashpoints). Sell Black Hole dailies. Sell dungeon packs (Siege & Lost Island).
Their whole content is so incredible modular and that makes it really easy to sell in small packs.

But they dont sell the content - they sell accessibility (and some uninspired cosmetics)

This sounds nothing like Kotor games. Why would you need so many quickslots? Do you really use 20 different skills later during combat?
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
November 15 2012 23:10 GMT
#4784
Looks like the F2P patch has the servers down for another ~7 hours
Zocat
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany2229 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-16 00:14:41
November 16 2012 00:14 GMT
#4785
On November 16 2012 07:58 -Archangel- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 16 2012 06:11 Zocat wrote:
On November 16 2012 05:22 OutlaW- wrote:
whats with the hate :/ im a huge sucker for star wars so this is perfect, ill be able to play all the (well done and entertaining) stories, treating it like kotor 2.5.. Even if they made it into something horrible i dont see a reason to bash it ''i wish they lost a lot of money on this game because they wont let me hide their helmet'' wtf? :/


2 quickbars
You will run out of slots at around lv 30 (even without slotting quicktravel, mounts, buffs, ...). I used 3.5bars of essential stuff at lv50. I'd go so far and say it's not playable with 2 bars at lv 50.

Overall the F2P just feels unpolished. More like "What do we have as options?" instead of "What would be good things to charge for?"
i.e. add new char creation options (haircuts, makeup, heads, ... ) to the shop and charge for those (also add an ingame "plastic surgeon" for older chars) instead of demanding money for hiding the helm.
Add special dyes to dye your armor (you also get rid of being forced to use the chest piece color). Everyone else remembers true black from UO?
Sell additional character slots (there's no option for that!).

Sell the story (ties into char slots) - your 3rd char story costs 5-10$. Sure you could just create an additional account, but I'd say a lot of people would just pay 5-10$ for convenience so they can have all chars on one account (sweeten the deal with a free small serverwide vault (3x3 would be enough - again with the option to make it bigger).
Sell access to Illum (planet story & flashpoints). Sell Black Hole dailies. Sell dungeon packs (Siege & Lost Island).
Their whole content is so incredible modular and that makes it really easy to sell in small packs.

But they dont sell the content - they sell accessibility (and some uninspired cosmetics)

This sounds nothing like Kotor games. Why would you need so many quickslots? Do you really use 20 different skills later during combat?


In PvP, yes.
While leveling, your probably dont "need" them to succeed. Dont get discouraged by my ramblings. If you havent tried it give the game a try, since only you know if it's a game to your liking. And hey - it's free
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-16 00:27:32
November 16 2012 00:27 GMT
#4786
On November 16 2012 06:39 Arnstein wrote:
Logged on. Even more shitty. Logged off.


Glad you explained why it was somehow more shitty then before :D

(I say somehow as I don't see how a game can ever really be more shitty then it when first came out lol).
When I think of something else, something will go here
Slackzftw
Profile Joined November 2012
Germany361 Posts
November 16 2012 01:59 GMT
#4787
On November 16 2012 06:39 Arnstein wrote:
Logged on. Even more shitty. Logged off.


You are a really intelligent person ....not! SWTOR is still terrible in the Endgame, but the Class-Stories and the whole leveling is great and thats completly free now. So pls stop crying.

Prevolved
Profile Joined March 2011
United States573 Posts
November 16 2012 04:23 GMT
#4788
On November 15 2012 22:53 Zocat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2012 20:38 Prevolved wrote:
On November 15 2012 13:19 Executor1 wrote:
If you bought the game, arent alot of the restrictions for free to play lifted? Thats what i heard maybe i should look into it some more though. I know that im gonna have cartel tokens waiting for me tommorow because i sub'd for 6 months before i quit.

If you've subbed before you get "preferred status". And really you hardly get shit for that. Also, they've changed the policy on the cartel coins that you get from previous months of subbing, you have to be subscribed on the date that free to play goes live(today) to receive them. Sounds about right for EA. I looked at the full list of prices on the cartel market, then immediately wiped the idea of ever playing this game again out of my mind unless they make this more of a free to play MMO with slight restrictions and not a trial MMO.


Are you sure you have to be subscribed when F2P goes live to receive the cartel coints? Or anytime later during the F2P era is also enough, like subscribing in 2 years and then getting the cc from our initial subs?

If they at least would give me 4 bars as a preferred player, I'd consider playing it again. Not much, but the 5 warzones with friends, to just play a different game once in a while. And while doing that I would probably meet some other nice people from the earlier SWTOR days which would get me to buy something (I'd guess).

Now I'm thinking I'll wait until they add a bit more PvE content ("STORY CONTINUES THIS YEAR!" *cough*), resub for 1 month and then quit again until they added enough content again. Or it will end like WoW, where I had the same idea, and in the end I havent played it again after I quit.

Yeah at first they made it look like you would get them no matter what if you had previous months subscribed on your account, but they changed the fine print. Pretty dirty move. Good to see some people here have brought up the fact that you have to pay to hide your head slot... rofl. That alone should tell you that this "F2P" model is only a joke for suckers, seems more like a manipulative ploy to get more subscribers.
Know thyself.
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
November 16 2012 04:34 GMT
#4789
It's funny, I can't actually play F2P because both of my characters are stuck for the same reason and I'm not allowed (as F2P) to open an in-game ticket to get them unstuck.
Jaaaaasper
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
United States10225 Posts
November 16 2012 07:19 GMT
#4790
So if i decided i like it enough to buy some stuff, what should i prioritize, Action bars, ship inventory and purples, not in that order, seems to be top priorities, what other things are the must haves ( in terms of playing the game, none of these are true needs in a economic sense)
Hey do you want to hear a joke? Chinese production value. | I thought he had a aegis- Ayesee | When did 7ing mad last have a good game, 2012?
Netsky
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia1155 Posts
November 16 2012 07:29 GMT
#4791
Did they fix the ability delay in this game? I played it when it first came out nearly a year ago, but I couldn't play it for very long because the ability delay it was too frustrating as I am used to how crisp WoW is.
Slackzftw
Profile Joined November 2012
Germany361 Posts
November 16 2012 07:46 GMT
#4792
On November 16 2012 16:29 Netsky wrote:
Did they fix the ability delay in this game? I played it when it first came out nearly a year ago, but I couldn't play it for very long because the ability delay it was too frustrating as I am used to how crisp WoW is.


Gameplay is pretty "wow-like" since like ~1 month after release. I played ~2 dungeons yesterday and the gameplay was fine.
GGTeMpLaR
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States7226 Posts
November 16 2012 07:46 GMT
#4793
Haven't logged into this game since January and just logged in and it feels so different than I remember
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
November 16 2012 08:35 GMT
#4794
Quick question: Whats the most interesting story-line for you guys that i should play trough? I've played Sith Warrior(?) already and it was pretty amazing & left a good impression of the game.

I've read that IA is pretty interesting.
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
Arnstein
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway3381 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-16 08:42:47
November 16 2012 08:41 GMT
#4795
On November 16 2012 09:27 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 16 2012 06:39 Arnstein wrote:
Logged on. Even more shitty. Logged off.


Glad you explained why it was somehow more shitty then before :D

(I say somehow as I don't see how a game can ever really be more shitty then it when first came out lol).


http://www.swtor.com/free/features

I'm a preferred status player, but it still feels WAY too restrictive. I'm glad I get 5 free warzones a week, because PvP can be fun in this game. I don't see anything fixed. The one thing that was better now was that more people were online. This is because of the server merge + free to play option.


On November 16 2012 10:59 Slackzftw wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 16 2012 06:39 Arnstein wrote:
Logged on. Even more shitty. Logged off.


You are a really intelligent person ....not! SWTOR is still terrible in the Endgame, but the Class-Stories and the whole leveling is great and thats completly free now. So pls stop crying.



Da'ah, and I thought I was a really intelligent person. Oh my go'od! ...NOT!

Edit: I waited many years for this game, bought the collector's edition(which was fucking expensive!) and was really hyped. Then the game turned out to be shit. That's why I'm "crying". I'm really disappointed.


On November 16 2012 17:35 Grettin wrote:
Quick question: Whats the most interesting story-line for you guys that i should play trough? I've played Sith Warrior(?) already and it was pretty amazing & left a good impression of the game.

I've read that IA is pretty interesting.


Anything Imperial, really. As a guy who mainly played republic, I still think that the Imperial side had way better story and voice acting.
rsol in response to the dragoon voice being heard in SCII: dragoon ai reaches new lows: wanders into wrong game
Craze
Profile Joined July 2010
United States561 Posts
November 16 2012 08:42 GMT
#4796
Agent is great, but I don't think anything is as good as the Sith War.
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
November 16 2012 10:05 GMT
#4797
Thanks for the replies. I think i'm going for Imperial and Agent then.
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
ryndaris
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
263 Posts
November 16 2012 10:35 GMT
#4798
On November 16 2012 17:35 Grettin wrote:
Quick question: Whats the most interesting story-line for you guys that i should play trough? I've played Sith Warrior(?) already and it was pretty amazing & left a good impression of the game.

I've read that IA is pretty interesting.


Sith Warrior is the best in my opinion. Agent is up there, personally I didn't mind Sorcerer either though many people thought it was pretty bad. No idea about republic, never got past level 20 there.
felisconcolori
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States6169 Posts
November 16 2012 10:40 GMT
#4799
On November 16 2012 09:27 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 16 2012 06:39 Arnstein wrote:
Logged on. Even more shitty. Logged off.


Glad you explained why it was somehow more shitty then before :D

(I say somehow as I don't see how a game can ever really be more shitty then it when first came out lol).


It could be a theme in Star Wars MMOs. Note - Galaxies launch versus Galaxies close, totally different games. (It's a philosophical thing for me.)

I might try it out now, I was in the beta but never bought the game. I really like the storylines, better than generic quests at least.
Yes, I email sponsors... to thank them. Don't post drunk, kids. My king, what has become of you?
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
November 16 2012 11:28 GMT
#4800
I installed this game for first time today. I need to note I never played WoW or any other MMO but DDO. I am a big fan of single player RPGs. I loved both Kotor 1 and 2.

That said, opening animation was awesome. But the rest.. graphics are bad (even on very high), starting story is almost nonexistent. Your first quests are generic kill 10 guys and save 6 people from cages, which is made worse with 20 people doing it at the same time and monster respawning every 30s although the guy said I was only one that could help.
Movement+combat system is so ran uninteresting and free to play character moves way too slow for big empty maps they put you on. All enemies just stand still and don't bother you unless you come really close and it is easy to see them.
At least in Skyrim (with is also big and empty with nothing happening most of the time) you could get attacked before you noticed the enemy.

First impression is bad. Maybe I am not just made for playing MMOs.
Prev 1 238 239 240 241 242 248 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 2434
RotterdaM784
TaKeTV 326
IndyStarCraft 191
BRAT_OK 84
ZombieGrub78
SteadfastSC25
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2434
RotterdaM 784
ByuN 363
IndyStarCraft 191
MaxPax 178
RuFF_SC2 111
BRAT_OK 84
ZombieGrub78
UpATreeSC 58
SteadfastSC 25
MindelVK 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3249
Shuttle 732
Mini 442
EffOrt 396
Dewaltoss 158
910 76
Mind 74
HiyA 65
Zeus 64
hero 56
[ Show more ]
sorry 21
Bale 20
ToSsGirL 17
Sexy 14
zelot 10
scan(afreeca) 8
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
qojqva3572
Counter-Strike
fl0m5687
pashabiceps991
Fnx 627
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3678
Liquid`Hasu1
Other Games
singsing2105
Beastyqt712
ceh9705
mouzStarbuck256
XaKoH 124
C9.Mang0118
QueenE64
Trikslyr56
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV231
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 117
• StrangeGG 45
• Reevou 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV348
Other Games
• imaqtpie743
• Shiphtur289
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
4h 46m
Afreeca Starleague
15h 46m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
16h 46m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 5h
Patches Events
1d 21h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.