• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:43
CEST 12:43
KST 19:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8811 users

Star Wars - The Old Republic - Page 245

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 243 244 245 246 247 248 Next
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17847 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-28 22:46:46
November 28 2013 22:46 GMT
#4881
On November 28 2013 23:37 FFW_Rude wrote:
Swtor cost me something like 100€ (subscription at start) and i didn't use 50% of the content. So i like being abble to unlock thing that i want.


Now please compare this 100EUR to 40-60EUR (depending on edition, deluxe or not) - which apparently right now is 24-36EUR until 3rd of December - which you pay for Guild Wars 2 and you have full content unlocked for life. The only things you can buy aren't p2w in any big way (alternative armour guises, pets etc.), the most game-influencing are probably keys to chests (which mostly unlock more visual upgrades) and non-breaking crafting tools which can save you like 10 seconds of time compared to your regular tools breaking and you needing to replace them (which you do at the place where they break).

I mean, how the hell do people have the dignity to charge you for those kinds of things? In GW/GW2 I really didn't mind paying this 30EUR or whatever it cost since I got everything unlocked for life and I had 0 additional costs. Now, if someone wants me to believe that their game is F2P and wants me to pay (even small amounts) for even the smallest stuff that's really nothing more than convenience in-game then it makes me angry.

I fucking hate this new trend of F2P* games that suck monkey balls until you start investing into them. Why not make games like before, where you paid your due in the beginning and didn't have to bother with it any more? Just look at how much cash have people thrown into WoW:

$60 vanilla (we'll assume all basic versions of the game at release date here) and each subsequent expansion = $360.
Monthly subscription of $15 since November 2004 (1 month free with every basic game substracts 6 months total) = $1365.

That's a total of $1725 that most people paid for the game, not counting any "bonus" stuff or deluxe editions they bought along the way.

Sure, it's 8 years of playing the game, but I've been playing other games for longer than that and haven't invested this much in them...

*Conditions apply.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
Arnstein
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway3381 Posts
November 29 2013 06:32 GMT
#4882
I don't care how much a game costs, as long as it is good though. I paid 60 EUR for GW2, but didn't like it. I played to level 30, and then I wouldn't waste my time anymore. I haven't played that much WoW, and haven't paid really much, but as long as I enjoy every minute of it, it is worth it.
rsol in response to the dragoon voice being heard in SCII: dragoon ai reaches new lows: wanders into wrong game
FFW_Rude
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France10201 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-29 11:13:41
November 29 2013 11:11 GMT
#4883
On November 29 2013 07:46 Manit0u wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2013 23:37 FFW_Rude wrote:
Swtor cost me something like 100€ (subscription at start) and i didn't use 50% of the content. So i like being abble to unlock thing that i want.


Now please compare this 100EUR to 40-60EUR (depending on edition, deluxe or not) - which apparently right now is 24-36EUR until 3rd of December - which you pay for Guild Wars 2 and you have full content unlocked for life. The only things you can buy aren't p2w in any big way (alternative armour guises, pets etc.), the most game-influencing are probably keys to chests (which mostly unlock more visual upgrades) and non-breaking crafting tools which can save you like 10 seconds of time compared to your regular tools breaking and you needing to replace them (which you do at the place where they break).

I mean, how the hell do people have the dignity to charge you for those kinds of things? In GW/GW2 I really didn't mind paying this 30EUR or whatever it cost since I got everything unlocked for life and I had 0 additional costs. Now, if someone wants me to believe that their game is F2P and wants me to pay (even small amounts) for even the smallest stuff that's really nothing more than convenience in-game then it makes me angry.

I fucking hate this new trend of F2P* games that suck monkey balls until you start investing into them. Why not make games like before, where you paid your due in the beginning and didn't have to bother with it any more? Just look at how much cash have people thrown into WoW:

$60 vanilla (we'll assume all basic versions of the game at release date here) and each subsequent expansion = $360.
Monthly subscription of $15 since November 2004 (1 month free with every basic game substracts 6 months total) = $1365.

That's a total of $1725 that most people paid for the game, not counting any "bonus" stuff or deluxe editions they bought along the way.

Sure, it's 8 years of playing the game, but I've been playing other games for longer than that and haven't invested this much in them...

*Conditions apply.


Come on. Don't compare GW with it. GW as a pricing model that is different (and better in my opinion) than all the MMO because there is NO subscription.

Also you speak of old games but no mmorpg as ever did what GW did (no subscription) as far as i can remember, everquest, daoc all had a subscription model. f2p is kind of a good idea. But if you want full content of a f2p you have the subscription. It's like a starter edition. Some are good (SWTOR, Fallen earth) some are bad (wow. Because level 20 etc.. you can't do the full game with a f2p account).

Also Wow had multiple things that were added. I can't remember a BIG old game that added much content without buying a new DLC (i am not speaking about WoW DLC). Remember that Wow vanilla add a lot of new things with patch.

Take for exemple a no mmo, no rpg game. Command & Conquer. When you buy the game you have it with full content. But you will never have new missions, new systems etc... Just maps at best.

Take Vampire Bloodline (ok it's an RPG). Extra content was mods as dev wouldn't even bother to patch the game.

I understand that you don't like f2p and mmo subscription model. GW has a nice model and i don't know if they add much content each month or something.

Sure wow costs me a lot (well i stopped playing but i'm sure like 500€ in this game). I don't have the cable (or french equivalent) so i don't have subscription other than one game so i don't mind.

With a message like that i suppose you are also opposed to Microsoft live system (pay to play online) ?

I hope it was understandable. It's easy to say meanigless things and post 2/3 liner on an english forum but it's much harder for me to have arguments in english hope you won't mind if i phrased things baddly.
#1 KT Rolster fanboy. KT BEST KT ! Hail to KT playoffs Zergs ! Unofficial french translator for SlayerS_`Boxer` biography "Crazy as me".
JoeCool
Profile Joined January 2012
Germany2520 Posts
November 29 2013 12:14 GMT
#4884
On November 28 2013 18:13 FFW_Rude wrote:
Really ? I can't understand how you played AoC and appreciated. We surely have different tastes in games The combat system in AoC is not really good as i remember. Wasn't it something like DDO but worse ?

Instances in SWTOR are... bad. Just plain bad. But i really love the universe. I treat it as a KOTORish 3. I just follow the story, make side quest never play with a group etc... Graphics aren't that bad. I find SWTOR prettier than AoC... Maybe i need to go see pictures or videos of it because i really have a different vision of AoC than you.

How would you put games like Aion or Shaiya in your list ? Better or worse than SWTOR ?


Never played DDO but I liked the AoC combat, particularly the active block in PvP. Pressing 3-4 buttons in the right order might not be groundbreaking but the fights felt more... "alive" then just pressing 1,1,1 ->2 ->3, 1,1,1.
In case we talk at cross purposes, when I was talking about the instances I criticized the fact that there are not more than like ~30 people on one planet. If there were more, a second instance was opened where you have been alone. If you were unlucky...
You should go and check google for the graphics^^
And for the last part, Ive never played Aion or Shaiya. I played Runes of Magic for a short time... but that´s just the worst "f2p" game out there.
Manit0u
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
Poland17847 Posts
November 29 2013 13:55 GMT
#4885
On November 29 2013 20:11 FFW_Rude wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2013 07:46 Manit0u wrote:
On November 28 2013 23:37 FFW_Rude wrote:
Swtor cost me something like 100€ (subscription at start) and i didn't use 50% of the content. So i like being abble to unlock thing that i want.


Now please compare this 100EUR to 40-60EUR (depending on edition, deluxe or not) - which apparently right now is 24-36EUR until 3rd of December - which you pay for Guild Wars 2 and you have full content unlocked for life. The only things you can buy aren't p2w in any big way (alternative armour guises, pets etc.), the most game-influencing are probably keys to chests (which mostly unlock more visual upgrades) and non-breaking crafting tools which can save you like 10 seconds of time compared to your regular tools breaking and you needing to replace them (which you do at the place where they break).

I mean, how the hell do people have the dignity to charge you for those kinds of things? In GW/GW2 I really didn't mind paying this 30EUR or whatever it cost since I got everything unlocked for life and I had 0 additional costs. Now, if someone wants me to believe that their game is F2P and wants me to pay (even small amounts) for even the smallest stuff that's really nothing more than convenience in-game then it makes me angry.

I fucking hate this new trend of F2P* games that suck monkey balls until you start investing into them. Why not make games like before, where you paid your due in the beginning and didn't have to bother with it any more? Just look at how much cash have people thrown into WoW:

$60 vanilla (we'll assume all basic versions of the game at release date here) and each subsequent expansion = $360.
Monthly subscription of $15 since November 2004 (1 month free with every basic game substracts 6 months total) = $1365.

That's a total of $1725 that most people paid for the game, not counting any "bonus" stuff or deluxe editions they bought along the way.

Sure, it's 8 years of playing the game, but I've been playing other games for longer than that and haven't invested this much in them...

*Conditions apply.


Come on. Don't compare GW with it. GW as a pricing model that is different (and better in my opinion) than all the MMO because there is NO subscription.

Also you speak of old games but no mmorpg as ever did what GW did (no subscription) as far as i can remember, everquest, daoc all had a subscription model. f2p is kind of a good idea. But if you want full content of a f2p you have the subscription. It's like a starter edition. Some are good (SWTOR, Fallen earth) some are bad (wow. Because level 20 etc.. you can't do the full game with a f2p account).

Also Wow had multiple things that were added. I can't remember a BIG old game that added much content without buying a new DLC (i am not speaking about WoW DLC). Remember that Wow vanilla add a lot of new things with patch.

Take for exemple a no mmo, no rpg game. Command & Conquer. When you buy the game you have it with full content. But you will never have new missions, new systems etc... Just maps at best.

Take Vampire Bloodline (ok it's an RPG). Extra content was mods as dev wouldn't even bother to patch the game.

I understand that you don't like f2p and mmo subscription model. GW has a nice model and i don't know if they add much content each month or something.

Sure wow costs me a lot (well i stopped playing but i'm sure like 500€ in this game). I don't have the cable (or french equivalent) so i don't have subscription other than one game so i don't mind.

With a message like that i suppose you are also opposed to Microsoft live system (pay to play online) ?

I hope it was understandable. It's easy to say meanigless things and post 2/3 liner on an english forum but it's much harder for me to have arguments in english hope you won't mind if i phrased things baddly.


I don't like MS Live system either (that's why I was always a fan of PS and never Xbox). And speaking of other MMO models, how about EVE? In theory it's subscription based but if you play it actively you can get in-game stuff that pays for your subscription. Why not adopt that in more games?
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.
FFW_Rude
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France10201 Posts
November 29 2013 15:19 GMT
#4886
On November 29 2013 22:55 Manit0u wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 29 2013 20:11 FFW_Rude wrote:
On November 29 2013 07:46 Manit0u wrote:
On November 28 2013 23:37 FFW_Rude wrote:
Swtor cost me something like 100€ (subscription at start) and i didn't use 50% of the content. So i like being abble to unlock thing that i want.


Now please compare this 100EUR to 40-60EUR (depending on edition, deluxe or not) - which apparently right now is 24-36EUR until 3rd of December - which you pay for Guild Wars 2 and you have full content unlocked for life. The only things you can buy aren't p2w in any big way (alternative armour guises, pets etc.), the most game-influencing are probably keys to chests (which mostly unlock more visual upgrades) and non-breaking crafting tools which can save you like 10 seconds of time compared to your regular tools breaking and you needing to replace them (which you do at the place where they break).

I mean, how the hell do people have the dignity to charge you for those kinds of things? In GW/GW2 I really didn't mind paying this 30EUR or whatever it cost since I got everything unlocked for life and I had 0 additional costs. Now, if someone wants me to believe that their game is F2P and wants me to pay (even small amounts) for even the smallest stuff that's really nothing more than convenience in-game then it makes me angry.

I fucking hate this new trend of F2P* games that suck monkey balls until you start investing into them. Why not make games like before, where you paid your due in the beginning and didn't have to bother with it any more? Just look at how much cash have people thrown into WoW:

$60 vanilla (we'll assume all basic versions of the game at release date here) and each subsequent expansion = $360.
Monthly subscription of $15 since November 2004 (1 month free with every basic game substracts 6 months total) = $1365.

That's a total of $1725 that most people paid for the game, not counting any "bonus" stuff or deluxe editions they bought along the way.

Sure, it's 8 years of playing the game, but I've been playing other games for longer than that and haven't invested this much in them...

*Conditions apply.


Come on. Don't compare GW with it. GW as a pricing model that is different (and better in my opinion) than all the MMO because there is NO subscription.

Also you speak of old games but no mmorpg as ever did what GW did (no subscription) as far as i can remember, everquest, daoc all had a subscription model. f2p is kind of a good idea. But if you want full content of a f2p you have the subscription. It's like a starter edition. Some are good (SWTOR, Fallen earth) some are bad (wow. Because level 20 etc.. you can't do the full game with a f2p account).

Also Wow had multiple things that were added. I can't remember a BIG old game that added much content without buying a new DLC (i am not speaking about WoW DLC). Remember that Wow vanilla add a lot of new things with patch.

Take for exemple a no mmo, no rpg game. Command & Conquer. When you buy the game you have it with full content. But you will never have new missions, new systems etc... Just maps at best.

Take Vampire Bloodline (ok it's an RPG). Extra content was mods as dev wouldn't even bother to patch the game.

I understand that you don't like f2p and mmo subscription model. GW has a nice model and i don't know if they add much content each month or something.

Sure wow costs me a lot (well i stopped playing but i'm sure like 500€ in this game). I don't have the cable (or french equivalent) so i don't have subscription other than one game so i don't mind.

With a message like that i suppose you are also opposed to Microsoft live system (pay to play online) ?

I hope it was understandable. It's easy to say meanigless things and post 2/3 liner on an english forum but it's much harder for me to have arguments in english hope you won't mind if i phrased things baddly.


I don't like MS Live system either (that's why I was always a fan of PS and never Xbox). And speaking of other MMO models, how about EVE? In theory it's subscription based but if you play it actively you can get in-game stuff that pays for your subscription. Why not adopt that in more games?


Oh that is something i like ! You have something like this in Fallen earth. Each month you get points to unlock things for free in the shop. But you don't have much things in the chop. You can't really unlock functionalities. But i heard (never played it) that EVE has this system (the big heist event) and i think that is something really cool. Shaiya had this too but it was really hard to get.

For the persons that said Runes of Magic is the WORST..... Try Gran Fantasia... Runes of magic wasn't good but Grand fantasia trumps this games hard in faillure (like you have only one music that restart every 3minutes getting you really mad about everything lol)
#1 KT Rolster fanboy. KT BEST KT ! Hail to KT playoffs Zergs ! Unofficial french translator for SlayerS_`Boxer` biography "Crazy as me".
Deacon
Profile Joined September 2010
United States27 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-29 16:36:25
November 29 2013 16:07 GMT
#4887
On November 29 2013 05:41 Arnstein wrote:
You can check it out. I resubbed today, since you get one month for free now, and to be honest, as a preferred player, I don't get that much more when subscribed.


What is the free month that you are referring to?

Edit: Nevermind, found the reddit thread talking about it. Strange I never got the email though..
Arnstein
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway3381 Posts
November 30 2013 09:00 GMT
#4888
I'll be trying to do Lost Island Hard Mode on Freedom server today, if anyone wanna join. Was with 5 groups yesterday and nobody managed to do it It's good to finally see a flashpoint that's actually hard though!
rsol in response to the dragoon voice being heard in SCII: dragoon ai reaches new lows: wanders into wrong game
Arnstein
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway3381 Posts
December 07 2013 10:50 GMT
#4889
The space combat PvP is actually quite fun, but a bit hard! I must say, this game has gotten a lot better since it came out!
rsol in response to the dragoon voice being heard in SCII: dragoon ai reaches new lows: wanders into wrong game
Disengaged
Profile Joined July 2010
United States6994 Posts
December 07 2013 12:01 GMT
#4890
I haven't played for so long like after a couple days it went F2P and my sub went out. I have a question though. Is the F2P limitations still so rediculas as it was before? Or did they change it a little to where a F2P player isn't extremely limited in what they can and cannot do.
Godwrath
Profile Joined August 2012
Spain10165 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-07 15:17:14
December 07 2013 15:13 GMT
#4891
AoC game mechanichs were top notch (specially compared to the all wow clowns that got released). Early release killed that game because it still required a lot of testing and balancing, and even with that shit, the game was one of the best i had played at release.

Saying it's like DDO but bad... is just nonsense, AoC was never a sandbox, and combat system on darkfall online was actually boring compared to AoC. To each their own.

First fatality on AoC to a player is one of the most memorables moments on MMORPGaming to me ;p
CrankOut
Profile Joined November 2013
187 Posts
December 07 2013 15:47 GMT
#4892
Swtor cost me something like 100€ (subscription at start) and i didn't use 50% of the content. So i like being abble to unlock thing that i want.


Well, most normal people payed ~50€ and played at least 30+ hrs until max level and that was worth it. The class-stories and all that is still pretty good. The MMO part is where SWTOR is bad. Every time I login now SWTOR looks like a Mount, Pet and Armor-Simulator - same as WoW has become. Thats sad, but overall the F2P model is still pretty good. You can basically purchase all the important stuff out of the AH (max. bags, charslots, races) pretty cheap.
Arnstein
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway3381 Posts
December 07 2013 17:32 GMT
#4893
On December 07 2013 21:01 Disengaged wrote:
I haven't played for so long like after a couple days it went F2P and my sub went out. I have a question though. Is the F2P limitations still so rediculas as it was before? Or did they change it a little to where a F2P player isn't extremely limited in what they can and cannot do.


It's much better now. The only thing that bugs me is that you can't equip legendary equipment. But you can an unlock for around 1mill on the galactic market, or buy it on the market with cartel coins, which is about 10euro or something. I will probably save up money and buy that, and then I can play free as long as I want.
rsol in response to the dragoon voice being heard in SCII: dragoon ai reaches new lows: wanders into wrong game
Disengaged
Profile Joined July 2010
United States6994 Posts
December 07 2013 17:50 GMT
#4894
On December 08 2013 02:32 Arnstein wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2013 21:01 Disengaged wrote:
I haven't played for so long like after a couple days it went F2P and my sub went out. I have a question though. Is the F2P limitations still so rediculas as it was before? Or did they change it a little to where a F2P player isn't extremely limited in what they can and cannot do.


It's much better now. The only thing that bugs me is that you can't equip legendary equipment. But you can an unlock for around 1mill on the galactic market, or buy it on the market with cartel coins, which is about 10euro or something. I will probably save up money and buy that, and then I can play free as long as I want.


So theres no cap on how much ingame money F2P players can have anymore?
Rah
Profile Joined February 2010
United States973 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-07 17:53:03
December 07 2013 17:52 GMT
#4895
On December 08 2013 02:32 Arnstein wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2013 21:01 Disengaged wrote:
I haven't played for so long like after a couple days it went F2P and my sub went out. I have a question though. Is the F2P limitations still so rediculas as it was before? Or did they change it a little to where a F2P player isn't extremely limited in what they can and cannot do.


It's much better now. The only thing that bugs me is that you can't equip legendary equipment. But you can an unlock for around 1mill on the galactic market, or buy it on the market with cartel coins, which is about 10euro or something. I will probably save up money and buy that, and then I can play free as long as I want.


Do those FTP restrictions lift for 1 character or all your characters once you pay the mil? I got like 4 classes to max level when the game came out. Also is there a way to lift the leveling restriction of FTP?
Streaming on twitch. http://www.twitch.tv/rahsun86
Arnstein
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway3381 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-07 18:00:11
December 07 2013 17:59 GMT
#4896
On December 08 2013 02:52 Rah wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2013 02:32 Arnstein wrote:
On December 07 2013 21:01 Disengaged wrote:
I haven't played for so long like after a couple days it went F2P and my sub went out. I have a question though. Is the F2P limitations still so rediculas as it was before? Or did they change it a little to where a F2P player isn't extremely limited in what they can and cannot do.


It's much better now. The only thing that bugs me is that you can't equip legendary equipment. But you can an unlock for around 1mill on the galactic market, or buy it on the market with cartel coins, which is about 10euro or something. I will probably save up money and buy that, and then I can play free as long as I want.


Do those FTP restrictions lift for 1 character or all your characters once you pay the mil? I got like 4 classes to max level when the game came out. Also is there a way to lift the leveling restriction of FTP?


The one for about a mill is for all characters. One character costs about 300k maybe. If you mean leveling restriction as in no 50-55 for f2p, then yes, you can buy the expansion, and subscribers get it for free(it's 15 euros I think). I'm currently subscribed, as I got 2 months for one, and have leveled to 55 now. I don't know what happens when the subscription runs out though. Maybe I can't level on the new planet anymore.

On December 08 2013 02:50 Disengaged wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2013 02:32 Arnstein wrote:
On December 07 2013 21:01 Disengaged wrote:
I haven't played for so long like after a couple days it went F2P and my sub went out. I have a question though. Is the F2P limitations still so rediculas as it was before? Or did they change it a little to where a F2P player isn't extremely limited in what they can and cannot do.


It's much better now. The only thing that bugs me is that you can't equip legendary equipment. But you can an unlock for around 1mill on the galactic market, or buy it on the market with cartel coins, which is about 10euro or something. I will probably save up money and buy that, and then I can play free as long as I want.


So theres no cap on how much ingame money F2P players can have anymore?



There's a restriction on how much you can have in your pocket, but everything you earn over that gets sent to a bank account.
rsol in response to the dragoon voice being heard in SCII: dragoon ai reaches new lows: wanders into wrong game
Disengaged
Profile Joined July 2010
United States6994 Posts
December 07 2013 18:24 GMT
#4897
Think they will ever let the F2P people get to experience the new expansion content after awhile?
Artunit
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Philippines400 Posts
December 07 2013 18:33 GMT
#4898
So the 200k credit cap for non subs is gone now? Is trading now viable on non subs?Just wanna make sure. I played swtor for some time before and subscribed for 2 months and stopped when rise of cartel got released.
NrT.Artunit
Chewbacca.
Profile Joined January 2011
United States3634 Posts
December 07 2013 18:34 GMT
#4899
On December 08 2013 03:24 Disengaged wrote:
Think they will ever let the F2P people get to experience the new expansion content after awhile?


I would guess if they do this it would be around when they announce/soon to release the next expansion, but I'm really just guessing and basing this off nothing..
Arnstein
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway3381 Posts
December 07 2013 18:48 GMT
#4900
On December 08 2013 03:33 Artunit wrote:
So the 200k credit cap for non subs is gone now? Is trading now viable on non subs?Just wanna make sure. I played swtor for some time before and subscribed for 2 months and stopped when rise of cartel got released.


It's 350k, the rest gets sent to a bank account.
rsol in response to the dragoon voice being heard in SCII: dragoon ai reaches new lows: wanders into wrong game
Prev 1 243 244 245 246 247 248 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 1
Afreeca ASL 9619
StarCastTV_EN260
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko298
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 11777
Bisu 3864
FanTaSy 2900
Jaedong 1221
BeSt 772
actioN 609
EffOrt 491
Horang2 473
Larva 297
Leta 243
[ Show more ]
Zeus 197
Barracks 149
Dewaltoss 110
Mind 101
Mong 78
JYJ 75
scan(afreeca) 71
ToSsGirL 60
Sexy 56
sorry 55
Free 45
Killer 41
Shinee 39
Aegong 33
sSak 33
soO 33
Bale 27
HiyA 18
yabsab 14
Sacsri 10
Hyuk 0
Dota 2
XcaliburYe254
XaKoH 52
Counter-Strike
byalli811
x6flipin30
Other Games
singsing1919
olofmeister964
crisheroes284
Pyrionflax194
KnowMe119
dupreeh100
Livibee47
B2W.Neo38
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick669
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 173
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
StarCraft 2
WardiTV8
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1132
Other Games
• WagamamaTV174
Upcoming Events
WardiTV Weekly
17m
Monday Night Weeklies
5h 17m
Replay Cast
12h 17m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 17m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
3 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.