• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:00
CEST 18:00
KST 01:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7141 users

Star Wars - The Old Republic - Page 193

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 191 192 193 194 195 248 Next
Ryka
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom254 Posts
January 14 2012 17:45 GMT
#3841
On January 15 2012 02:10 Jhax[IRE] wrote:
Is there a TL guild on EU anywhere?


There's one on Legions of Lettow empire side. I've seen a few players from the guild already.
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
January 14 2012 18:09 GMT
#3842
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=295346

Legions of lettow has empire and republic sides.

Few on other servers i believe.

Mod guild on US somewhere. Why the fuck am i british.
Useless wet fish.
MisterD
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Germany1338 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-14 18:20:24
January 14 2012 18:13 GMT
#3843
sigh, i'm getting more and more convinced that even the PvE part is just not worth the money this game costs. The user interface is soooooo incredibly unhelpful and full of bugs and annoyances, it's becoming extremly frustrating. I get the feeling not a single person from the publishers actually played that game themselves before they released it.

Also, who the hell had the idea of making a "ohh voss is a neutral world, imps and reps shouldn't fight each other" planet, and then put up ONE resurrection site for BOTH fractions, AND THEN ALLOW OPEN PVP THERE?? how stupid can you be. You can't even leave that place because your only options are to resurrect where you died or to jump back to the rezz camp - which coincidently is the exact same location and is filled with enemy players that just kill you again. Oh and hey, let's even go so far as to place it on a main road. lol. I mean yeah i knew i could get killed by other players choosing a pvp server - but seriously, to make a common spawn point with no possibility to respawn somewhere else is just brain dead.

By now i'm quite convinced to advise people against newly buying the game right now, i do not think it's worth the full price. Wait one or two months and see if something changes, but don't get into it now if you don't have friends there already waiting for you or something. It brings more frustration than fun.
Gold isn't everything in life... you need wood, too!
mayhem123
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States101 Posts
January 14 2012 18:58 GMT
#3844
If anyone wants to try the game, I'll give you my account for like $30. It has like 14 days left. I have like no free time to level up and actually play so yeah.
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-14 19:54:12
January 14 2012 19:51 GMT
#3845
I'm considering rolling a Sith Inquisitor, but I'm concerned that I'll turn into a healbot.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
EscPlan9
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States2777 Posts
January 14 2012 20:09 GMT
#3846
On January 15 2012 04:51 Jerubaal wrote:
I'm considering rolling a Sith Inquisitor, but I'm concerned that I'll turn into a healbot.


I main a lvl 50 Sith Inquisitor healer, so I can address this.

First about Healbot, addons and macros are not even allowed in the game now. So there is no mouseover macros nor any addons for a nice interface with the macros even in the game.

Second about the healing style of the Inquisitor, I've really enjoyed it. You really have to focus on your mana usage throughout the fights, and you will be using CC and various cooldowns throughout a wide array of both PvE and PvP content. Without going into too much details on the healing - it is challenging and rewarding to be a good inquisitor healer.

Finally, I do not recommend starting off immediately in the healing tree. Level up to like 30+ in a dps spec. Before level 30-something you can even heal PvE flashpoints completely specced and geared in dps if you want. I did it many times just because so few people roll healers in MMOs.
Undefeated TL Tecmo Super Bowl League Champion
OutlaW-
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Czech Republic5053 Posts
January 14 2012 20:13 GMT
#3847
[image loading]
I assure you, he looks even more badass if you see the cape and shoes
Delete your post underage b&. You're incestuous for you're onee-chan so you're clearly not a bad guy, but others might not agree
AT_Tack
Profile Joined February 2010
Germany435 Posts
January 14 2012 20:19 GMT
#3848
I WIN!
[image loading]
OutlaW-
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Czech Republic5053 Posts
January 14 2012 20:38 GMT
#3849
Poll: Who looks better?(above)

Tetsuya (4)
 
50%

Ray (4)
 
50%

8 total votes

Your vote: Who looks better?(above)

(Vote): Tetsuya
(Vote): Ray

Delete your post underage b&. You're incestuous for you're onee-chan so you're clearly not a bad guy, but others might not agree
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-14 20:43:44
January 14 2012 20:42 GMT
#3850
Wheres the "Me" Option?

[image loading]



The two low level's are my wifes attempts to try the game.
Useless wet fish.
Al Bundy
Profile Joined April 2010
7257 Posts
January 14 2012 21:09 GMT
#3851
My vote goes to Capped
o choro é livre
Velocirapture
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States983 Posts
January 14 2012 21:18 GMT
#3852
I am sad to say I just cancelled my sub

Got to 50 on a full server as a sith sorceror and found out sitting in fleet LFG is super time consuming and frustrating. Love my char but the end game content is just too lacking . Totally worth the money for the leveling experience though. I would have bought this game is it were single player which says a lot.

I will be checking their forums regularly in the hopes they make a lot of the basic necessary changes. If they do I may come back.
kleetzor
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany360 Posts
January 14 2012 21:59 GMT
#3853
[image loading]
/discussion
FliedLice
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany7494 Posts
January 14 2012 22:05 GMT
#3854
On January 15 2012 06:18 Velocirapture wrote:
I am sad to say I just cancelled my sub

Got to 50 on a full server as a sith sorceror and found out sitting in fleet LFG is super time consuming and frustrating. Love my char but the end game content is just too lacking . Totally worth the money for the leveling experience though. I would have bought this game is it were single player which says a lot.

I will be checking their forums regularly in the hopes they make a lot of the basic necessary changes. If they do I may come back.


I think it'll be the same for me... I'm a level 25 operative atm and the leveling really is fun, but I doubt I'll have the time to get anything done in the endgame (if there is any)
Kevmeister @ Dota2
Al Bundy
Profile Joined April 2010
7257 Posts
January 14 2012 22:46 GMT
#3855
On January 15 2012 06:59 kleetzor wrote:
[image loading]
/discussion

Nice one What level are you?
o choro é livre
Deltablazy
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada580 Posts
January 14 2012 23:21 GMT
#3856
Alright, challenge accepted.

[image loading]
Hexxed
Profile Joined November 2010
United States202 Posts
January 14 2012 23:48 GMT
#3857
So is this game good? Can anyone sum up its current state at the moment?

Are servers populations diminishing? How's the PvP? I hear mixed things on all fronts and I trust you guys on teamliquid. So how's it hanging SWTOR guys?
www.twitch.tv/hexsctv - Zerg Master's stream NA Ladder
NexUmbra
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Scotland3776 Posts
January 15 2012 00:02 GMT
#3858
Poll: Which is your strongly held belief?

Speech bubbles are marvelous (12)
 
71%

Speech bubbles suck (5)
 
29%

17 total votes

Your vote: Which is your strongly held belief?

(Vote): Speech bubbles are marvelous
(Vote): Speech bubbles suck

Life has won two GSLs and a Blizzard Cup. NOT three GSLs.
ginza
Profile Joined August 2011
United States4 Posts
January 15 2012 00:17 GMT
#3859
@ Hexxed: Even though I played the beta, I started playing release pretty late (yesterday). Haven't done much PvPing yet, but the leveling experience in my opinion is highly enjoyable. Instead of it being a chore to grind up to max level, you are given much more purpose per quest, they actually mean something to your character and the area you are in. Quests are handled through very impressive conversations, and personally I'm a huge fan of the ability to alter a conversation through the three responses you can pick from.

Besides the character progression, I'd say the game has many little awesome mechanics, such as being able to "hearthstone or town portal" to any location you've discovered, being able to respawn at a medical center or at the actual place you died, being able to expand your bag space through the bag interface itself, having a starship as your personal home, companions that you interact with and build either a good or bad relationship with, and the fact that you can send them to level your professions for you.

The UI to me looks a little cheap, a lot of blue, but it does have a neat built in cool-down timer per ability.

Combat mechanics are pretty awesome, combined with the fact that many mobs are in groups so you can somewhat plan your attack.

If you have a good sound system, the sound quality really blooms imo.

Some things I do miss so far is a lack of ambient sounds, and the lack of a day-night cycle per area.

One challenge I've found so far is when you're doing a group quest, and you're playing with alt characters, they will demand you to "spacebar" to skip through all the conversations.

:D
quickshot10101
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada54 Posts
January 15 2012 01:38 GMT
#3860

SW:TOR - AMD/ATI Increased Graphics Quality Tweak - This looks MUCH better



A simple little trick using msaa + LOD switch to get a little more out of the graphics in swtor. Im 100% sure nvidia has a way to do this too so if someone with a nvidia card wants to post a how-to here or even make a video (il link it to mine) on how to do it that would be awesome.

Considering this has almost no effect on framerate I cant see why anyone would not do this. For a 1fps loss there is really no reason not to change lod, better quality is better quality despite how u get it. Im also trying to mess with a fxaa injector (bf3's in particular) which might yield some interesting results. Until then, enjoy

Radeonpro Link : http://www.radeonpro.info/en-US/

Thank you for the feedback, both positive and negative. It helps me improve my videos and make better content overall so THX.

COMPUTER SPECS

*Windows 7 - 64 Bit
*Tower: Cooler Master 690
*Processor: Intel Core i5-2500 3.3ghz OC'ed to 4.5ghz
*Ram: 8GB 1600mhz g.skill ripjaws
*Graphics Card: Ati 6850 x2 crossfire Oc'ed to 930/1150
*Mother Board: Asus P8P67
*Power Supply: Antec current gamer 620watt
*Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 7200 RPM
Dont worry, thats Halo
Prev 1 191 192 193 194 195 248 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech141
SteadfastSC 136
Rex 46
UpATreeSC 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 34587
Calm 3412
Shuttle 2272
Jaedong 1759
Mini 625
Horang2 623
EffOrt 501
Stork 317
Soma 316
Rush 282
[ Show more ]
Larva 256
Soulkey 254
ZerO 219
BeSt 207
Snow 162
firebathero 109
Mong 106
Zeus 96
910 78
hero 77
Mind 67
sorry 52
Hyun 42
Free 38
Shinee 38
Sharp 35
ToSsGirL 28
Shine 26
PianO 25
Killer 24
Aegong 23
JYJ 21
Terrorterran 21
Bale 19
Sexy 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Trap 14
Rock 12
Sacsri 12
HiyA 12
Hm[arnc] 10
Dota 2
Gorgc5693
Dendi1231
420jenkins228
Counter-Strike
fl0m3787
x6flipin640
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King76
ChuDatz31
Other Games
singsing2146
Liquid`RaSZi1222
hiko655
B2W.Neo647
dupreeh511
ceh9345
RotterdaM319
crisheroes305
Khaldor291
Livibee196
TKL 175
QueenE106
Trikslyr97
Dewaltoss62
ZerO(Twitch)16
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV253
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH293
• Hinosc 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3212
• WagamamaTV427
League of Legends
• Nemesis2621
Other Games
• Shiphtur753
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
18h
INu's Battles
19h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
21h
OSC
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 7h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.