• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:19
CEST 12:19
KST 19:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9262 users

Single player games! - Page 6

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 10 Next All
Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
July 11 2008 11:45 GMT
#101
YOU NEED TO PLAY DUNGEON KEEPER TOO !!!

This game is so funny ! That is definitly not your everyday RTS.



It is always fun to play the bad guys .
fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
0xDEADBEEF
Profile Joined September 2007
Germany1235 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-11 12:28:25
July 11 2008 12:27 GMT
#102
On July 11 2008 19:05 Boblion wrote:
edit Addition to Deadbeef post: you can explore the Southern West areas quite fast but avoid the two coastal areas under Candle Keep on the world map until level 5 imo.


Sirenes are fun!

Btw is DK1 > or < DK2? I only played 2. It was fun but haven't played it in many years.
Boblion
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
France8043 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-11 12:43:25
July 11 2008 12:42 GMT
#103
On July 11 2008 21:27 0xDEADBEEF wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 11 2008 19:05 Boblion wrote:
edit Addition to Deadbeef post: you can explore the Southern West areas quite fast but avoid the two coastal areas under Candle Keep on the world map until level 5 imo.


Sirenes are fun!

Btw is DK1 > or < DK2? I only played 2. It was fun but haven't played it in many years.


Sirenes + Golems + berserker ogres = insta death for low levels ^^.

Imo DK1 > DK2 ( DK2 is still a good game ). Atmosphere is way better.
fuck all those elitists brb watching streams of elite players.
Cogito
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States453 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-11 18:56:22
July 11 2008 18:28 GMT
#104
On July 11 2008 15:14 RtS)Night[Mare wrote:
You know what helps? When im bored i go to either newgrounds or armorgames.com. Try playing Last stand & Last stand 2, they're both good.

Then i recommend from armorgames playing Tainted kingdom. Its a good campaing that will keep you busy for at least 2 days ( iplayed it and beat it in 5 hours with everything)


Armorgames.com is a great site! I am playing "Sonny" right now by the same author of "Tainted Kingdom". Awesome awesome game.

edit - The music in this game is fucking AWESOME!!!!!
Nitrogen
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States5345 Posts
July 11 2008 18:54 GMT
#105
On July 11 2008 19:05 Boblion wrote:
I have but i dont know if i will be with my comp tomorow. I will send you a pm or make an update in this thread if i'm free. If not it means that i'm outside .

Btw i have never played BG in multi, dunno if it is good that a player who completed the game and a " beginner " play together. If so i will try to not spoil the story, and just give you advice about how to play and let you choose the areas to explore and what to do.

If you say: "Lets explore the Durlag tower " i will have to say ok :D. Could be a challenge, because i will join with a new character and because of time issue we probably wont be able to do the Save / load trick to get a maximum of hp.

Nevertheless i really dont think that i will have my comp tomorrow, soit will probably be next week .

edit Addition to Deadbeef post: you can explore the Southern West areas quite fast but avoid the two coastal areas under Candle Keep on the world map until level 5 imo.


Hehe. Yeah, just drop me a pm when you feel like playing, I'll probably be home. I'm not sure how it works, but I think I got it, I forwarded some ports and I got into the game, I'm not sure if anyone can join thou. Also, I'm not sure how the multiplayer gameplay works.
UNFUCK YOURSELF
MasterOfChaos
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Germany2896 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-11 20:04:11
July 11 2008 20:02 GMT
#106
The lost Vikings, one of my two favourite Blizzard games. (I'm not sure if I liked Vikings or SC better). But of cause the graphics are a bit bad for todays standard (320x240).

And talking about Jump&Run Earth Worm Jim 2 wasn't bad either. Really funny and very diverse missions.
LiquipediaOne eye to kill. Two eyes to live.
fusionsdf
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada15390 Posts
July 11 2008 20:05 GMT
#107
honestly I played lost vikings and I dont understand the hype
SKT_Best: "I actually chose Protoss because it was so hard for me to defeat Protoss as a Terran. When I first started Brood War, my main race was Terran."
nullmind
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
1303 Posts
July 11 2008 23:56 GMT
#108
I wonder why no one mentioned this. If you had a PC for over 15 years then you will definetly know this game. This game was like the foundation for the current C&C series. Dune 2. Great game play and story, especially for rts/starcraft gamers like us. I remember playing this game after I played BW for couple of years and noticed how easy the game was once I revisited. I played hours and hours until I beat the game with all the races(pretty much same races just some different units and tech). Serious, if you love starcraft, you will love this too. This should be an abandonware so you would be able to find it somewhere on internet.

0xDEADBEEF
Profile Joined September 2007
Germany1235 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-12 00:13:23
July 12 2008 00:06 GMT
#109
I loved Dune 2 when it came out. The music was soooo good for its time. (the Dune 2000 music is awesome too, by the way. I still listen to its soundtrack sometimes)
And although I didn't know any other RTS game at that time, I was already annoyed by the fact that you couldn't select more than one unit at a time, lol. At least you could use hotkeys for the commands, but that took me a while to figure out so I clicked on the buttons all the time at first. Bah.

Btw Icewind Dale > Baldur's Gate in Multiplayer.
LuckyOne
Profile Joined December 2006
266 Posts
July 14 2008 03:52 GMT
#110
i just tryed dungeon keeper 2 pretty fun btw how do you guys build your dungeon i try to not make walls between the rooms to gain space ,but the computer seems to make a wall/door between room

and do guard rooms attract dark elf? is it random i seem to get firefly for no reason and any ways to sell my units the only solution i found to replace my bad units is to slap them till they leave lol
REDBLUEGREEN
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Germany1904 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-15 01:01:23
July 15 2008 00:49 GMT
#111
Morrowind (it's slow with lots of text but awesome atmosphere, best sp game imo)
Bioshock (awesome story, awesome everything, but a bit short)
GTA (for some quick fun, try gta2 it's awesome and for free)
and if u have a gamecube/wii or emulator get baten kaitos: eternal wings and the lost ocean! FF style just better imo
gameguard
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Korea (South)2132 Posts
July 16 2008 01:40 GMT
#112
I started Baldur's gate.... I made a human conjurer with pretty good stats. I was planning on taking this guy through the whole series, but I am having second thoughts now. The level caps are whats bothering me. I planned on not using many chars so I can lvl up fast. If I play with a 4 person party, when will I start getting HLAs? How effective is a super high lvl mage? Will he reach cap before end game? Is a lvl 40 mage really better than like a lvl 25 mage? Also, whats the best specialist mage? I think its between conjurer and illutionist or something.
gameguard
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Korea (South)2132 Posts
July 16 2008 04:09 GMT
#113
also, I just picked up kivan. What does the 18/12 mean for strength? Is it 18 or 12? lol
G5
Profile Blog Joined August 2005
United States2921 Posts
July 16 2008 06:14 GMT
#114
On July 09 2008 21:22 Polyphasic wrote:
lol at the cock jokes.

BottleAbuser
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
Korea (South)1888 Posts
July 16 2008 08:16 GMT
#115
D&D based games usually have a possible strength (and constitution, dexterity, wisdom, charisma, intelligence) value that ranges from 3-18. It's possible for someone to be stronger than 18 strength, though, and that is represented as 18/xx. You can think of it as 18.12 strength, except that 18/00 is the highest (after 18/99). AD&D or something (I'm really bad with the history, so someone else correct me) introduced stats up to 25, which would describe gods and stuff. But the 18/xx stuff is still there, because that's where the super-strong humans are capped at.
Compilers are like boyfriends, you miss a period and they go crazy on you.
0xDEADBEEF
Profile Joined September 2007
Germany1235 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-16 09:09:00
July 16 2008 08:42 GMT
#116
On July 16 2008 10:40 gameguard wrote:
I started Baldur's gate.... I made a human conjurer with pretty good stats. I was planning on taking this guy through the whole series, but I am having second thoughts now. The level caps are whats bothering me. I planned on not using many chars so I can lvl up fast. If I play with a 4 person party, when will I start getting HLAs? How effective is a super high lvl mage? Will he reach cap before end game? Is a lvl 40 mage really better than like a lvl 25 mage? Also, whats the best specialist mage? I think its between conjurer and illutionist or something.


If you have Tales of the Sword Coast as well, the level cap will be high enough to not really matter anymore unless you have some crazy party like a custom 6-man-party consisting of F/M/Ts who level extremely slowly.

You won't reach level 40 in BG1, and you won't reach a high enough level for HLAs (3 million XP). You need to play BG2 for that, or use mods.
Wizards are always powerful IMHO, but of course far less so than in BG2 due to the much lower level. The best spells you can cast will be level 5 spells.

Best specialist mage: Conjurer and Illusionist.
Basically, you pick them based on the opposing school. In the case of Conjurer and Illusionist, the opposing school doesn't have great spells (Divination and Necromancy, respectively). So you don't lose much.

On July 16 2008 13:09 gameguard wrote:
also, I just picked up kivan. What does the 18/12 mean for strength? Is it 18 or 12? lol


That's just a dumb part of the 2nd edition D&D system.
Basically, there's a strength value between 18 and 19, and it is subdivided into 100 points. 00 (100) is highest, 01 lowest. 18/00 is not as good as 19, and 18/01 is better than 18.
gameguard
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Korea (South)2132 Posts
July 16 2008 09:35 GMT
#117
I just wanted to know if having a plain mage is good in the long run. Like if i end up playing BGII with all the expantions.
L
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Canada4732 Posts
July 16 2008 09:39 GMT
#118
i just tryed dungeon keeper 2 pretty fun btw how do you guys build your dungeon i try to not make walls between the rooms to gain space ,but the computer seems to make a wall/door between room
Walls provide additional production areas for certain rooms, and walls allow you to funnel opponents into smaller areas to make spellcasting easier. Library, Torture chamber, etc gain function with walls.
The number you have dialed is out of porkchops.
0xDEADBEEF
Profile Joined September 2007
Germany1235 Posts
July 16 2008 11:23 GMT
#119
On July 16 2008 18:35 gameguard wrote:
I just wanted to know if having a plain mage is good in the long run. Like if i end up playing BGII with all the expantions.


In BG2 (with ToB), the most powerful character is a pure sorceror. In BG1 fighter types are best.
LuckyOne
Profile Joined December 2006
266 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-16 11:34:58
July 16 2008 11:26 GMT
#120
watch out in bg you dont always get the same total of points when you create your character
you need to roll a few times to get the most
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 2
Soma vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 8004
StarCastTV_EN205
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech128
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 8249
Bisu 2269
Jaedong 1702
EffOrt 917
Horang2 372
Zeus 279
Larva 265
ZerO 233
Pusan 168
Mind 125
[ Show more ]
Hyun 108
Barracks 73
ggaemo 59
scan(afreeca) 50
Killer 45
Bale 39
actioN 33
NotJumperer 33
Sharp 32
Yoon 31
Hm[arnc] 21
Sacsri 20
Shinee 18
ToSsGirL 16
Noble 9
Terrorterran 7
Dota 2
febbydoto90
League of Legends
JimRising 365
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1465
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King81
Other Games
ceh9645
crisheroes196
Sick157
Pyrionflax146
dupreeh104
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 104
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 8
• killerbeecast6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2287
• WagamamaTV59
League of Legends
• Jankos1162
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
41m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
13h 41m
Patches Events
1d 5h
The PondCast
1d 23h
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.