• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:34
CEST 15:34
KST 22:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War485.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7700 users

The Official Fighting Games Topic - Page 31

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 296 Next
New Updated Fighting Game Thread
Kingkosi
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States1215 Posts
July 12 2008 03:08 GMT
#601
Going to be playing 3's tonight with my friends so I'll upload the video in a couple of days maybe even tonight. Need to practice them combo's! Don't jump alot, don't jump alot!
Twitter: @KingKosi
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
July 12 2008 03:34 GMT
#602
combos are best practiced in training mode, being able to get it down 9/10 times.

Then when you try to put it to use the rate will drop to like 4/10, but hey that's much better than the 1/10 it probably was before.

Then you go back and do it in training again, repeat.

Eventually you get to the point where you can do it in a game 6/10, 8/10, etc.

GL!
Scooter
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States747 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-12 05:01:31
July 12 2008 04:52 GMT
#603
oh shit, my bad T----T yeah, he's a socal player .___. that was awkward.

edit: finally got around to finishing the podcast, great stuff! This is even more useful than audio commentaries when I was still into Warcraft 3.
My unblocks gets yo curleh mustache wet のωの
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
July 12 2008 07:09 GMT
#604
I should check out the new podcasts.

So this guy ShinRyuX from South Florida is in Waterloo on business for 2 weeks. I played 3s with him twice last week. He has a fearsome Ken. Apparently he would often get top 5 in 3s tournaments a few years ago, so he is definitely a strong player.

I've read on SRK that one of the goals with Ken's okizeme is to make your opponent think you're going to throw him, then make him whiff the throw (or parry a cr.lp+lk option select) and combo into a super. Until I played ShinRyuX, I did not realize just how effectively Ken can do this. O_O

Anyway, hopefully I can take the brief experience I've had fighting him to beef up my Ken for T9.
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
July 12 2008 10:32 GMT
#605
Ken oki is hilarious. So easy to fake throw into big damage, or fake a fake throw into a real throw D: Ken stutter step mixup is the best.

Too bad my only way to play threez against real people is GGPO until the new arcade opens here, I absolutely hate having all the timings feel so off.
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
ArC_man
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States2798 Posts
July 12 2008 11:18 GMT
#606
Ken's most dangerous w/ that stuff when he has you cornered. I used to eat throws all day until I picked up Ken and learned how to do that stuff for myself. Here's how I kinda deal with it w/ my Yun. First I try to recognize what people like to do. Most people like to do stuff like meaty strong -> throw (mixed up with strong fierce chain) or meaty cr. short-> throw (or cr. short cr. short xx, or cr. short pause cr. short cr. short xx, or cr short, st jab xx). Of course there's also stuff like the axe kick or the UOH, but you can react to those and block if you learn to look for it.

If Ken does meaty strong, usually what I try to do is block the meaty and immediately try to jump + parry. If he does the chain, I'll end up blocking it and if he tries to throw, I'll be in the air. If I fuck up, maybe I eat a fierce or something, much better than eating a combo into super. If he does a cr. short from almost point blank and walks forward, I always tech, since there's nothing else he can do other than throw (or if he tries something else, your throw will get him).

Midscreen depending on the range I like to walk back (gets me outta throw range and then I can jump or do something stupid and get hit anyways), or jump back+parry (if I'm cornered, sometimes I jump up and parry or divekick away if he's walking towards me). If he's walking back and forth, in and out of throw range, I can time a cr.short xx dashpunch while he's walking forward before he can parry down.

Basically I just run the fuck away and build meter =P, some people don't have the luxury of having characters with free damage so they have to make more risky guesses.

One of the better guys at the arcade told me I shouldn't tech until I see the throw come out. I don't know how he does it, but it seems to work for him to an extent. Maybe if you have godly reflexes you can just block all day and tech when you see him throw you. For more normal or slower people (like me), you just have to recognize what options he has and predict to the best of your ability.
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-12 18:52:19
July 12 2008 18:51 GMT
#607
uhhh, I just looked it up and Ken's throw manifests itself in 2 frames. That's 1/30th of a second. No human being can react to that after seeing the beginning of the throw animation.

Most people can't even hit confirm Ken's cr.mk which is like 7 frames of cancel time iirc.
KOFgokuon
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States14912 Posts
July 12 2008 19:01 GMT
#608
ya that would be insane, even like top level athletes reacting to starting guns etc can react that fast
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-12 21:30:58
July 12 2008 21:27 GMT
#609
On July 13 2008 03:51 thedeadhaji wrote:
uhhh, I just looked it up and Ken's throw manifests itself in 2 frames. That's 1/30th of a second. No human being can react to that after seeing the beginning of the throw animation.

Most people can't even hit confirm Ken's cr.mk which is like 7 frames of cancel time iirc.


Isn't it 2 frames startup + 1 hitting frame + 5 frames afterwards in order to tech? That's about the same as the c.mk as mentioned.

edit: but yeah, obviously on reaction that's still insane. Nothing like hit confirming where you're looking for something specific that you initiated and know beforehand exactly when to look for it.
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
July 12 2008 21:30 GMT
#610
ah you might be right, but 7-8 frames is still in the area of "most top players cannot do it"

I recall Keeper, among others, saying he cant do cr.mk -> SAIII for ken.
ArC_man
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States2798 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-13 00:16:52
July 13 2008 00:16 GMT
#611
I don't feel the cr. mk confirm isn't very hard if you're looking for it (which I do almost every time I stick it out). I use the same method as chun's cr. mk confirm and I hit it over half of the time; there are some people I know who very rarely miss. The times I miss, the super won't come out, so I'm ok. Of course, if you're not looking for it, it's a lot harder and also you're not gonna win by trying to hit confirm cr. mk all day.

If teching is about the same amount of time as cr. mk confirm, perhaps if you have godly reflexes and you really look for it you *can* tech on reaction. Of course the guy could have been totally bullshitting me (which is what I thought when he first told me this).
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-13 00:59:43
July 13 2008 00:58 GMT
#612
Hold down-back, look for overhead, late (option-select) tech attempt (since you can't be thrown as soon as you get up anyhow). If they don't have a command grab, this is a pretty stable way to get up.
If you just do it mechanically every time then of course they can mess you up, but it's just a basis to work from really.
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
July 14 2008 06:33 GMT
#613
As Rockefeller might say:

T9 AHF results: I hate my life.
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
July 14 2008 06:39 GMT
#614
Yo Bill don't hate your life just yet, check this!

On a more serious note don't hate your life! Only Harem should.
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
July 14 2008 07:57 GMT
#615
On July 14 2008 15:39 SayaSP wrote:
Yo Bill don't hate your life just yet, check this!

... That topic is making me hate life in general, haha.

I was just joking. Typical post-tournament not-1st-place regret. Anyway, here are the actual results:

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showpost.php?p=5342826&postcount=50

By the way, it turns out my Kira is still far better than my Kamui. Unfortunately I learned this the "hard" way. T___T
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
July 14 2008 08:04 GMT
#616
You can't let go of the blob, man.
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
July 14 2008 08:57 GMT
#617
Kira's just plain easier to win with in America. Kamui is pretty simple as well, but if you're not super comfortable with her then you might as well play Kira.

Plus Kamui is dumb in FULL, wait till AH2 to play Kamui since that's when the real fun begins ;(
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
Scooter
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States747 Posts
July 14 2008 11:41 GMT
#618
AHHH!!! FINALLY DID IT!! FULL KEEPER JIN!

waaah, sorry for the caps, but finishing it was totally orgasmic. I know the combo's not that hard, but it was super nifty to see how fast I could get Akuma's life to go down. Pyrolee/Gooteck's podcast like tolly renewed my drive to get better. Also that was one creepy ass player.
My unblocks gets yo curleh mustache wet のωの
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-14 21:18:23
July 14 2008 21:14 GMT
#619
Congrats, Scooter. I've heard it's really difficult to pull off (consistently).


On July 14 2008 15:39 SayaSP wrote:
Yo Bill don't hate your life just yet, check this!

Ohhhh now I see what happened here. Catyoul posted a link to an image that will retrieve each person's own profile pic, so everyone sees their own pic, hahahahahaha.

But my profile pic was just the default ? so I didn't get the joke. I just read the first page and thought everybody was claiming to be the ? person in an attempt to be funny.


Edit: rooooofl:

On July 14 2008 15:19 outqast wrote:
CAN AN ADMIN PLEASE TAKE DOWN THIS THREAD. THIS IS EXTREMELY EMBARRASSING, AND I WOULD PREFER MY PICTURE OR MY INFORMATION BE POSTED ON THIS FORUM. CAN YOU CLOSE THIS PLEASE. I DID NOT GIVE MY INFORMATION OUT ON FACEBOOK AND SOMEHOW YOU HAVE ACCESS TO IT. I AM DISABLING ALL MY STARCRAFT APPLICATIONS NOW AND CHANGING MY PICTURE.
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
July 15 2008 19:54 GMT
#620
The computer used to capture / process / compress G.Vision ranats is having issues so their uploads are being delayed and whatnot.
Prev 1 29 30 31 32 33 296 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 289
TKL 218
CranKy Ducklings132
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Serral 1170
Lowko507
TKL 218
ProTech112
Rex 105
MindelVK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 60989
Free 2224
Jaedong 1198
BeSt 500
Horang2 318
firebathero 230
Zeus 186
Last 101
Hyun 99
Pusan 77
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 71
910 41
soO 29
Aegong 22
Rock 18
Trap 18
Yoon 15
Noble 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Sacsri 11
Icarus 8
Dota 2
Gorgc6165
Dendi838
XaKoH 437
canceldota78
Other Games
gofns37327
singsing2351
B2W.Neo498
byalli401
Pyrionflax281
Mlord234
ToD199
Beastyqt144
DeMusliM126
Liquid`VortiX75
QueenE68
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV231
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 28
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1595
League of Legends
• Jankos2906
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
3h 26m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 26m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 26m
Patches Events
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
OSC
1d 9h
OSC
1d 22h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.