• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:34
CEST 15:34
KST 22:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War485.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7700 users

The Official Fighting Games Topic - Page 32

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 296 Next
New Updated Fighting Game Thread
taeru
Profile Joined February 2007
Malaysia57 Posts
July 15 2008 21:11 GMT
#621
Is there any programs that I can use to capture games of me playing on GGPO?
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
July 15 2008 21:22 GMT
#622
Camtasia should work
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-15 23:54:01
July 15 2008 23:53 GMT
#623
I took a peak at Koichi's blog today for the first time in like... 16 months.
They're planning a east vs west 23 on 23 match (ie all characters) haha I think it's KOF style as usual

too lazy to read past the july entries
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-19 16:49:03
July 16 2008 01:17 GMT
#624
Currently uploading videos from T9. I've uploaded a $50 FT10 money match in MvC1, and now I'm uploading the 3s team tournament vids.

MvC1 MM part 1 (note: at the start of this vid, the guy on the left is up 3-1)
MvC1 MM part 2

3s team tournament playlist (still uploading... edit: done!)


By the way, there was originally going to be a $100 MM in 3s between Samir (YU) and Chi-Rithy (CH) for the title of best player in Canada, however it never happened: Samir never showed up on Sunday. =/

Also, AneurysmX (DU) mentioned that Justin Wong told him he was the best Dudley in North America besides VictoLy.

Another Canadian beast to look out for is Patrick (OR), who is a very good Oro and is especially good vs Ken players. My team had to face his 1st round and I stupidly picked Ken against him instead of Chun or Makoto (this was my 1st game so I could choose any character to stick with for the tourney). That was the 3rd-stupidest decision I made that weekend, I think.

Lastly, Yang (CH) is my friend from Waterloo, hence I cheer for him and his team whenever they're playing. They did very well, actually, coming in 5th.
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
July 16 2008 01:17 GMT
#625
On July 16 2008 06:11 taeru wrote:
Is there any programs that I can use to capture games of me playing on GGPO?

You can play on 2DF instead, which automatically saves replays of your games that you can watch later.
KOFgokuon
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States14912 Posts
July 16 2008 02:16 GMT
#626
On July 16 2008 04:54 thedeadhaji wrote:
The computer used to capture / process / compress G.Vision ranats is having issues so their uploads are being delayed and whatnot.


lame
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
July 16 2008 07:20 GMT
#627
All of the 3s team footage from T9 is up now.

Some of the best and most hype matches:

Samir (YU) vs Chi-Rithy (CH) - winners bracket - Chi-Rithy is from Montreal ("MTL")

Patrick (OR) vs FlashMetroid (KE) - set 1 - Winners bracket finals. Patrick shows his deadly OR vs KE matchup.

AneurysmX (DU) vs JustinW (CH) - set 1 - Winners bracket finals. Justin Wong came 1st in the 3s singles tournament, by the way.

Dice (DU) vs Yang (CH) - Yang is one of the guys I play with regularly. He's REALLY good at doing jump -> instant air parry.

King (CH) vs Yang (CH) - This match is funny because the guys doing all the shit-talking are King's teammates, but they're also friends with Yang.

Samir (YU) vs JustinW (CH) - set 1 - Losers bracket finals. That's Marn from the US talking in the background, by the way.

Samir (YU) vs JustinW (CH) - set 2

Samir (YU) vs JustinW (CH) - set 3
taeru
Profile Joined February 2007
Malaysia57 Posts
July 16 2008 14:27 GMT
#628
thanks for the 2DF tip...GGPO is pretty dead usually
Will post videos of my noob-dom for critique later
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
July 16 2008 15:01 GMT
#629
I had completely forgotten that Koichi's blog is called "Masturbation Diary of Penis!!"

>___>
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-16 18:01:52
July 16 2008 15:13 GMT
#630
On July 16 2008 23:27 taeru wrote:
thanks for the 2DF tip...GGPO is pretty dead usually
Will post videos of my noob-dom for critique later


Yeah, GGPO used to record inputs and upload those matches to the server, a few months back. I forget why that feature went down. Anyhow, which game will you be recording? 3S? I notice GGPO is generally more active for the games it supports, but there's lots of 3S to be had on 2DF.

Are you planning on Camtasia-ing your matches? Or just link the replay file on 2DF? (I know at least Bill has 2DF)


edit: Bill, I noticed the first post is still "under construction" (perpetually!). And that you don't have any sources listed for Super Turbo. So maybe you could add at least add superturbor's channel (pretty sure that's nohoho? correct if wrong) and supersf2turbo's channel.
taeru
Profile Joined February 2007
Malaysia57 Posts
July 17 2008 00:21 GMT
#631
Hahaha ok, I just got off a few matches of GGPO. Its really nothing but me scrubbing my ass off.

http://2dfighter.com/games/player.aspx?id=5058&game=3

Feel free to take a look. Im the Necro in all games. Sorry if this wasted your times
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
July 17 2008 01:31 GMT
#632
I always feel like GGPO has a billion people playing 3S, ST, and both KoF games... and that's it, every other game feels pretty empty (well, SFA2/3 can get busy too).
Too bad I hate playing 3S online since it feels completely wrong... but I'd be down with playing it against peeps on this site for fun. Or whatever game. Look for xPwNaZnOwNx, lol.
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
July 18 2008 20:20 GMT
#633
Taeru, I'd like to give some advice but obviously I suck at the game. I guess this counts as a bump to thread.

As for my own 3s progress, I tried a couple characters against CPU for over an hour. I've decided on learning Akuma for two reasons--(1) air fireball and (2) raging demon--, even though he appears to be overrepresented by the non-Japanese afaik. For some reason I can't get the tatsu-shoryu juggle to connect though. Which strength tatsu and which strength shoryu are you supposed to use, and against which characters is it different? It doesn't need to be against wall, right? Does the tatsu need to be started really close (like cr.lk range), or farther away (edge of cr.mk)? Maybe I should just test myself. -_-;;
ArC_man
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States2798 Posts
July 18 2008 21:04 GMT
#634
Mk tatsu into w/e is character dependent. You can only combo afterward if the 1st hit of the tatsu connects (or else they'll be juggled weird) so you have to be fairly close. Off the top of my head, against shotos it's mp shoryu and against fat characters like chun li/necro/makoto it's hp shoryu. The mp shoryu is much more difficult to connect, so work on the timing. You can also do hk tatsu after the mk tatsu, I'm not sure of the character specifics either.

Lk tatsu combos into hp shoryu works against everyone at basically any distance, although shorter characters can crouch it so it's not as hit confirmable.

Check http://www.shoryuken.com/wiki/index.php/Akuma_(3S)
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
July 19 2008 04:04 GMT
#635
Man I'm so bad at fgs but it's still so fun getting my ass beat O_o
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
July 19 2008 05:51 GMT
#636
On July 19 2008 13:04 SayaSP wrote:
Man I'm so bad at fgs but it's still so fun getting my ass beat O_o


Have you been on GGPO? I feel like I might have seen a SayaSP on there at one point.
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
July 19 2008 06:51 GMT
#637
Yea, I just told you on IRC anyways
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
July 19 2008 07:20 GMT
#638
On July 17 2008 09:21 taeru wrote:
Hahaha ok, I just got off a few matches of GGPO. Its really nothing but me scrubbing my ass off.

http://2dfighter.com/games/player.aspx?id=5058&game=3

Feel free to take a look. Im the Necro in all games. Sorry if this wasted your times


I'm not even going to pretend like I know necro at all T_T

All I know is that Necro is a combo character akin to urien in terms of the type of practice you need in order to be proficient.
Harem
Profile Joined November 2007
United States11393 Posts
July 19 2008 09:06 GMT
#639


Wow, Rufus looks ridiculous.
Moderator。◕‿◕。
Naib
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Hungary4952 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-19 11:25:36
July 19 2008 11:22 GMT
#640
What the fuck that guy makes Oro look like being broken

edit: in order to stop the one-liner trend of mine, I also want to add that your friend is "gay" in a way for using Yang as a nick and playing Chun-Li (Just like Vulture playing Protoss or RushGoon playing terran [well the latter is correctly Rush Go on, but whatever] )
Complete the cycle!
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 296 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 289
TKL 218
CranKy Ducklings132
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Serral 1170
Lowko507
TKL 218
ProTech112
Rex 105
MindelVK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 60989
Free 2224
Jaedong 1198
BeSt 500
Horang2 318
firebathero 230
Zeus 186
Last 101
Hyun 99
Pusan 77
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 71
910 41
soO 29
Aegong 22
Rock 18
Trap 18
Yoon 15
Noble 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Sacsri 11
Icarus 8
Dota 2
Gorgc6165
Dendi838
XaKoH 437
canceldota78
Other Games
gofns37327
singsing2351
B2W.Neo498
byalli401
Pyrionflax281
Mlord234
ToD199
Beastyqt144
DeMusliM126
Liquid`VortiX75
QueenE68
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV231
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 28
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1595
League of Legends
• Jankos2906
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
3h 26m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 26m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 26m
Patches Events
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
OSC
1d 9h
OSC
1d 22h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.