• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:49
CEST 14:49
KST 21:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7753 users

The Official Fighting Games Topic - Page 33

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 296 Next
New Updated Fighting Game Thread
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
July 19 2008 12:28 GMT
#641
why do i feel like Yang is his real name roflrofl
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
July 19 2008 16:46 GMT
#642
lol, his name actually IS Yang, haha.

We have another guy here whose name is Chun, and he also plays Chun Li. (And rapes us all with her.) He should have gone to T9, but I don't know what happened. =/


I haven't been following SF4, so this footage is like, totally new to me. I'm glad they kept the feel of the game 2D. Also, lol @ Rufus's belly movement during his standing animation.
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
July 19 2008 17:26 GMT
#643
Saw some more footage from SRK of Haitani playing Rufus:

Ryu vs. Rufus
Crimson Viper vs. Rufus

So Rufus is the new Yun/Yang with his divekick, it seems.
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
July 19 2008 18:22 GMT
#644
What about his c.fierce
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-20 10:13:18
July 20 2008 05:35 GMT
#645
I'm uploading the T9 AHF videos, now. First there are money matches between me and Marn, and me and JustinW. I played pretty badly in both. Then there are the tournament matches.

Youtube channel with all the footage
AHF tournament playlist (no MMs)
(videos still being uploaded... edit: done!)

Random fact: Sleepy (Metal Fiona) went undefeated in casuals, to my surprise. This included 3 wins against my Kamui. Now, considering I used to beat Sleepy with Kira back in March, this 0-3 loss should have made alarm bells go off, signalling that maybe my Kamui was not as good as I thought compared to my Kira. Well, should have but didn't.

Anyway, here are some of the better matches that I've uploaded so far.


AHF - X-Sapphire (Bolt Saki) vs Sleepy (Metal Fiona) - part 2

Games 2 and 3 of a bo3. The skill level isn't the highest, but the ending was close.

X-Sapphire's main game is Accent Core, however he did win the previous Canadian AH tournament (on an AH vanilla machine) back in January. I think he hadn't touched the game since. Nevertheless, by game 2 he'd already recalled most of his combos and strats with Saki.

By the way, he didn't realize the tournament was for AHF only, so he picked the AH vanilla version of Saki and we didn't notice >.<;;.

+ Show Spoiler [the match] +

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=R2SVkZcqlkw


AHF - Bill307 (Bolt Kira) vs Marn (Dark Kamui, Dark Konoha) - winners bracket

My winners bracket bo3 vs Marn, a rematch of our money match (which he won), which in turn was a rematch of C3 (which I won).

The last 720 I did was really strange, because I did it subconsciously, or something like that o_O. That is, I didn't even know why I was doing 6GC 720A+B: my hands were just doing it automatically. I couldn't even remember what Marn was doing at the time, either. Then I saw it on video and was like, wow I don't remember Marn doing that at all. o_Oa It was a really weird experience, almost like I was dreaming.

+ Show Spoiler [the match] +

Part 1:
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=4iD-eKh3yv8

Part 2:
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=421OIQveDe0
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
July 20 2008 06:51 GMT
#646
Hey Bill, whatever happened with the super awesome Kira gimmick? Was it in use and I didn't catch it, or did it just not pan out? Maybe no need for that when you've got subconscious 720 on your side.

Is it just the characters you were facing against Marn, or are you doing less 2-story-high splashes in general than before?
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
July 20 2008 10:13 GMT
#647
Well, something I learned from facing Marn at C3 was that Konoha's j.A stuffs Kira's splash every single time. Literally. At the time I was in total disbelief, but this time around I changed up my tactics. I still got him with some surprise splashes, too.

I wanted to do either j.A clash into clash dagger, or j.A clash into air super grab, but I ended up doing neither, not even once. =/ I also wanted to block his j.A, then since he always spams air normals, I could 6GC and do the air super grab. Except I suck at executing that move and so it never came out, and I just ate a combo the one or two times I tried it. I've only done it once in casuals so far, so I need to practice that trick more. I learned it from watching Hayao play Kira, btw.


As for the "awesome Kira gimmick", I remember I tried it once, probably during the MM vs Marn. After a boot loop in the corner I hit him with one 5A. My plan was: if he teched the way most people do, I'd grab him out of the air, toss him into the wall, and he'd eat another unscaled boot loop. If he didn't tech, I'd do 2A into another iteration of the boot loop (which he can tech out of), then set him up again with 5A.

But most people don't know that you can choose which direction your character flips in when they air tech. Most people are either holding back to block as soon as they tech, which makes their character flip against the wall. Or they hold nothing, which makes their character do a small flip in-place. But Marn's actually good at AHF , so he teched away from the corner. I'd never tested this situation because the computer always does the in-place tech in training mode. It turns out Kira's arm-grab-wallslam move whiffs in this situation, because their recovery trajectory avoids it. After it failed the first time, I knew it'd never work and so I never tried it again.

Maybe if I'd delayed the arm-grab it would've got him, but I wasn't in the mood to risk it. Nowadays, in casuals, I've started using one of the Japanese combo enders, cancelling the last boot into the lightning super and doing an unblockable setup.
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-20 10:44:38
July 20 2008 10:43 GMT
#648
By Raoh

Participated in the last prelims for SBO
the day before I had watched Umehara vs Nuki vs Mute Guile @ Mikado.
too intense.
No way I can participate in ST, so final tuneup for 3s.

Ther was a mk color ryu who moved pretty decently so I was able to prepare alright.
Prelim result was what you'd expect, nothing too unusual

After the event Mester was playing 5:5 or better vs Nuki.
As always it's quite impressive to do this against Nuki whose vs Yun is storng.

I had JOE do the slide throw from cr.mk and he had quite a high success rate.
Kuroda was saying that if you could do this it would be quite strong, but watching JOE made me wonder it would actually be possible to get this into actual gameplay.
Genius as usual.

This means that you can SGGK with cr.mk so it would make skill-y annoyin gplay that much stronger.
Might become JOE as teh single strongest player -- but it wont.

And so I felt in what was thought to be a time of stagnation in the 3s world, a time of revolution perhaps.

Oh and Boss was reading the "evil" parameter of opponents.

"This guy is emitting quite strong evil intent"
"He's evil from birth"

I dont care what you say about others, but please stop coming in in with Chun Li right after I win with Denjin Ryu.




in comments:

I think it's the fault of that Chun player who gave my makoto an 'evil' PA - Boss

I saw Raoh shoot a win-PA to Boss while grinning lol - Gekimaru

Unfortuantely there's no way I was over 5:5. The punishment against each mistake is way too brutal (laugh). I think vs Yun Chunli, Nuki is still the outright best. - Mester




So I guess Boss was talking about Raoh being "evil" and fooling around with that b/c of the win-PA lolol
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-20 12:34:59
July 20 2008 12:33 GMT
#649
Bill:
If you expect a forward tech in that tech trap situation, try jump back boot or backdash 2B/3C/rocket toss. Just a thought. Jump back boot takes some timing since you want it to hit "meaty" into their tech, which can be awkward but if they are doing forward tech they might not be switching to block because they want to try to get away from the corner.

Really though, it's really infuriating when I see Kira's go for tech traps ALL THE TIME which doesn't pay off if you're never actually finishing combos since then what's the point of teching? Not a comment directed at you personally, just a general thing.
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-20 17:53:58
July 20 2008 17:08 GMT
#650
On July 20 2008 21:33 MCMcEmcee wrote:
Really though, it's really infuriating when I see Kira's go for tech traps ALL THE TIME which doesn't pay off if you're never actually finishing combos since then what's the point of teching? Not a comment directed at you personally, just a general thing.

I totally know what you mean. Especially because I watch Kira matches preferentially, so I've seen it happen a lot. Really, unless the Kira player sucks and keeps dropping combos accidentally, you'd might as well not try to tech at all. Against a player like that, I wouldn't go for tech traps except in situations where I've already messed up my combo (e.g. when I do 2B then fail to sjc or rocket toss afterwards) or where I know I can't combo off of a random hit in the air.

Edit: actually, against a player like that it'd be possible to continue a combo past its usual end, e.g. with splash loop, and then anticipate when they'll get tired of your "infinite" and tech trap. But imo you get much better risk/reward by transitioning into a lightning super setup in the corner.


One thing I liked about my corner setup was that if they didn't tech, then I could just continue the "combo" for a couple more iterations before the pushback (which also seems to increase with each hit) forced me to actually end the combo. Even if I messed up and they fell to the ground without teching, I'd be missing only ~600 damage from not doing the combo ender, and I could still segue into a lightning-super unblockable setup.

It's also dangerous for them because if they tech at a bad time (while I'm juggling them past the "end" of the combo), I might recover from my whiffed move fast enough to air-unblockable or air grab them, or 4D 720A+B to super them once they land, etc.

Lastly, the best part was I worked out the timing so that I could either rocket toss them or continue to juggle them on reaction to whether or not they teched: I would not have to guess or anticipate either one.

So now I'd have to think of something I can do on reaction to seeing them forward tech. Once Kira turns around, I can probably jump towards them as their tech recovery is ending, and mix up between j.A and air grab. Still, it's nowhere near as precarious for them compared to being stuck in the corner, and cancelling into the lightning super at the end of the combo puts them into a much worse mix-up.


Next time I play casuals with Kira (except vs my friend Dan since he knows how to escape this as well), I'll lock someone who doesn't know about forward teching into this situation and get it on video. If all goes well, they'll be stuck in the corner until death. (Afterwards I'll tell them about forward teching so that they don't quit the game out of frustration or anything. )
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
July 20 2008 17:16 GMT
#651
Haji: thanks for the translation. Can you explain what they're talking about with JOE and cr.mk? Are they talking about Sean and his slide along the ground?
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
July 20 2008 18:12 GMT
#652
I'm reaaaallly not sure what char they are talking about but considering JOE is a ken player and ken's cr.mk slides, I imagine it's Ken.

I doubt Chun's cr.mk slides at all so.
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-20 18:29:30
July 20 2008 18:28 GMT
#653
Ohhh, they mean "slide" as in a kara-throw.

Isn't the added range from Ken's cr.mk kara-throw very small, though? =/
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
July 20 2008 18:38 GMT
#654
hmm i cant use cr.mk slide with ken (like the shoryux2 with slide) at all - havent even tried - so I can't say. And the entry is pretty vague so
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
July 20 2008 21:58 GMT
#655
c.forward kara-throw range is pretty okay, actually. It's just hard to do (there's a reason why all the good kara-throws are done standing). Not as much range as, say, Chun or whatever, but it's something. Pretty noticeable difference in DP range, so I figure the throw would be similar. If you could get it down, it could actually be pretty strong- I figure the input for it would option-select down parry, for one thing.

I imagine that they'd mostly be using his neutral throw, though... it's a bit more straight-forward to pressure off the shoulder toss than the knee bash, though I guess the knee bash gets better options against some characters (twins come to mind). If he's kara-ing c.forward into twd+jab+short without getting random fireballs, though... yikes.
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
July 20 2008 22:46 GMT
#656
Mc with great insight as always S2

btw new Vision Ranbat is now out.
taeru
Profile Joined February 2007
Malaysia57 Posts
July 20 2008 23:06 GMT
#657
On July 21 2008 06:58 MCMcEmcee wrote:
c.forward kara-throw range is pretty okay, actually. It's just hard to do (there's a reason why all the good kara-throws are done standing). Not as much range as, say, Chun or whatever, but it's something. Pretty noticeable difference in DP range, so I figure the throw would be similar. If you could get it down, it could actually be pretty strong- I figure the input for it would option-select down parry, for one thing.

I imagine that they'd mostly be using his neutral throw, though... it's a bit more straight-forward to pressure off the shoulder toss than the knee bash, though I guess the knee bash gets better options against some characters (twins come to mind). If he's kara-ing c.forward into twd+jab+short without getting random fireballs, though... yikes.


hello, what is this option select that I've been reading around here? I don't quite understand
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-21 00:25:18
July 21 2008 00:19 GMT
#658
"Option select" means you do one thing that covers you from two or more possibilities. E.g. in 3s, on wake-up, you can press down to low-parry and then immediately press throw. This option select will protect you from both a meaty low hit (it gets parried and you throw the opponent) and a throw (you'll either throw them first or tech their throw).

Edit: "SGGK" is a particular kind of option select. It's similar to my example above, except that you use a kara-throw, and you time your inputs so that if you get the parry, then an attack comes out rather than a throw.

E.g. with Ken's cr.mk kara-throw, you'd do the following option select:

down (low parry) -> cr.mk -> (release down) lp+lk.

The timing to do this is probably very difficult. However, if done correctly, you'll either get a low parry and do cr.mk (NOT a kara-throw!), or you'll get a kara-throw. What makes this "SGGK" better than the parry/throw option select above is that if you get the low parry, you can combo off of the cr.mk into a super (or into mp.shoryu into super).
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-22 00:26:38
July 21 2008 05:17 GMT
#659
Oh I never knew they called that "SGGK." Wonder what that stands for. It'd be pretty brutal with Ken if you could do a bunch of really hard things consistently, those being-
1) c.forward kara-throw
2) hit-confirm c.forward

It's a BIT easier because I guess you could conceivably do the super on reaction to a parry, but it's still kinda iffy for most people. Too bad his c.strong doesn't slide him any when you kara it, lol.

-edit-
someone needs to do the FBH dance at SBO ;o
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
July 23 2008 07:48 GMT
#660
Super raped by 3MC 26-0 zooooooooooooom
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 296 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 268
TKL 202
CranKy Ducklings81
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
Reynor vs herOLIVE!
RotterdaM1062
IndyStarCraft 177
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1062
Lowko447
TKL 190
IndyStarCraft 184
Rex 94
MindelVK 14
ProTech10
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 62647
Free 3087
Jaedong 2104
BeSt 725
Horang2 340
Soma 309
Zeus 203
firebathero 195
Last 160
Hyun 126
[ Show more ]
sorry 123
Mind 93
Pusan 76
ToSsGirL 30
soO 26
Aegong 23
scan(afreeca) 19
Sacsri 11
zelot 9
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7058
Dendi724
XaKoH 421
canceldota54
Other Games
gofns33305
singsing2252
B2W.Neo473
byalli370
Pyrionflax293
ToD213
DeMusliM97
QueenE54
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV210
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 31
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP20
• Gemini_19 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1403
• WagamamaTV477
League of Legends
• Jankos3090
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
4h 11m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6h 11m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 11m
Patches Events
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
OSC
1d 23h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.