• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:49
CEST 14:49
KST 21:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7750 users

The Official Fighting Games Topic - Page 35

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 296 Next
New Updated Fighting Game Thread
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-29 04:37:11
July 29 2008 04:33 GMT
#681
On July 29 2008 12:16 Myrmidon wrote:
What was that whiffed air attack at 1:23 (near end of 2nd round) that set up the 360? It was telegraphing block plz for like half that jump yet it didn't come out yet. The splash at 0:26 was mesmerizing too. Not to mention the end of the first round. o_O

Chocolate milk...tastes like victory!

edit: Oh yeah so Bill apparently I've been stalking you and saw your ST games on 2DF lol (was trying to find my only four ST games on 2DF that went 0/4, played in 300 ms ping, to check if that gave me -1 rating). I must say you're the best (only) New Sagat player ever!


There was a fairly beastly Japanese N.Sagat from waaaaaay back, dunno who he is or if he still plays.

IIRC he whiffed jB into grab.

Also that poison super setup is a fairly fancy variation of a (now) fairly standard poison Kira setup, since after so many hits (or certain kinds of hits, like OTGs lol) the poison super warps them with like no hitstun carrying over- easy grab if they don't watch for it, though they can 4D away to force a mixup situation rather than getting grabbed for free (or that's what I do lol)
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-29 04:50:58
July 29 2008 04:49 GMT
#682
I don't know about waaaay back, but I know at least Yaya played N. Sagat. It was in jest. I think rumor says he tried to qualify for this SBO using Guile alongside Daigo (edit: they're not qualified atm if anybody's wondering), so maybe the Sagat's no longer the main and/or he's no longer so active?
+ Show Spoiler +


Old X-Mania 3 stuff.


First of a ten game series vs. Aniken, the world's best Ken player, Mr. "mixup of god". I have no idea if the series is relatively recent or not.

Anyhow N. Sagat isn't even bad at all, so I'm just surprised more people don't pick him. Tiger knee whiff into throw is fun if nothing else.
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
July 29 2008 04:51 GMT
#683
I'm sure people pick him, just nobody seems to win with him ;o
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-30 05:00:56
July 30 2008 05:00 GMT
#684
Haji: I don't know where in the UK you live, but regardless, you definitely should have gone to this "Battle of Destiny" ("BOD") event that was held in London on July 27. Here's what you missed:


3s - Justin Wong (CH) vs Ryan Hart (YU)

US vs UK. $100 money match. This match will go down in history.

+ Show Spoiler [the match] +


SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
July 30 2008 05:16 GMT
#685
Hahahaha, oh man
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
July 30 2008 05:35 GMT
#686
Soul Calibur 4 is fun for now, we'll see if it ends up being good in the next few months but I'm enjoying it!
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
Narrator
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States868 Posts
July 30 2008 05:38 GMT
#687
On July 30 2008 14:00 Bill307 wrote:
Haji: I don't know where in the UK you live, but regardless, you definitely should have gone to this "Battle of Destiny" ("BOD") event that was held in London on July 27. Here's what you missed:


3s - Justin Wong (CH) vs Ryan Hart (YU)

US vs UK. $100 money match. This match will go down in history.

+ Show Spoiler [the match] +

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xhyCJqFaRU

+ Show Spoiler +
Wow, Justin Wong got pwned...


I want to see the rest of the money match. Who won?

I went to the BOD website and man they hyped Justin Wong a lot. Japanese players are on a whole 'nother level. -_-
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
July 30 2008 06:09 GMT
#688
On July 30 2008 14:38 Narrator wrote:
I want to see the rest of the money match. Who won?

Matches:

+ Show Spoiler +

First match:


Second match:


Third and final match is the one you just saw.
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
July 30 2008 06:58 GMT
#689
Yo 3MC what console do you have it for
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-30 12:31:07
July 30 2008 10:44 GMT
#690
On July 30 2008 15:58 SayaSP wrote:
Yo 3MC what console do you have it for


360, not rich enough for PS3 lol.

I'm liking it, it's like a better looking SC2 (though some of the faces are kinda weird looking to me, I'm not a huge Soul Calibur player or anything so these things irk me lol). Getting used to all the new moves and changed inputs for stuff I'm used to is kinda weird... doesn't help that I'm a stick player and I have to use the 360 pad, geez. Still, kinda wish I could figure out a good juggle off Xianghua's new 22/88B, since 1B 3B doesn't work any more (what with 22B and 1B both being new moves... I guess I could do 22B, 1BB). -edit- duh 22B, 66B+K
-edit2- duh they of course they put in a new move with the same input and just changed the input on the old move... old 22B is now 25B, launches really high now- combo is 25B, 44AA, 66B+K.

Also a lot of launchers don't seem to launch as high or something... or people had launchers moved to less convenient places or stuff.

Still jumping between Mitsu, Cassandra, X, and Siegfried... though Hilde (aka the only real new character lol) is interesting if seemingly awful at this point.
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
July 30 2008 18:28 GMT
#691
Okay cool, I'm planning to pick it up for 360 too :o
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-31 03:24:20
July 31 2008 03:24 GMT
#692
*Off-topic*

Oh wow, I just saw that fubar's arcade in Austin, TX, Arcade UFO, is going to have the shoot-em-up ESPGaluda II! *wishes he was 3MC*
KOFgokuon
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States14912 Posts
July 31 2008 05:09 GMT
#693
what the fuck
how do people play games like that
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
July 31 2008 05:12 GMT
#694
It's fun KOFgokuon! Yo 3MC I might be in Texas next summer O_O
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
July 31 2008 05:27 GMT
#695
off-topic + Show Spoiler +

On July 31 2008 14:09 KOFgokuon wrote:
what the fuck
how do people play games like that


They play easy games like this and get better (player is random guy who's not very good, to give example of normal person playing):

That's the final stage on normal mode. As for ESPGaluda, from what I think i heard once that video shows some kind of powered-up insane mode where the bullets are like 2x normal speed. Most of those patterns would be doable by mere mortals with a lot of retries and memorization.
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-31 10:10:30
July 31 2008 10:09 GMT
#696
An essay:

Arcade Culture, By Alex Kierkegaard - July 8, 2007

Very long, but a good read. Talks about how "arcade gamers" are different from non-arcade gamers, and talks about why arcades are failing outside of Japan.

Caution: don't start to read this at 4 am or you will lose a lot of sleep that night. T_T
freelander
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Hungary4707 Posts
July 31 2008 13:23 GMT
#697
There is not even one solid arcade in Hungary
And all is illuminated.
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-31 14:37:47
July 31 2008 14:36 GMT
#698
On July 31 2008 14:12 SayaSP wrote:
It's fun KOFgokuon! Yo 3MC I might be in Texas next summer O_O


Where in Texas?

Danmaku shooters are awesome to watch and hellish to play. I'll stick to fighting games for my intricate spacing and 1-frame timing needs =x

Bill307:
aUFO is hopefully opening within the month, with a trial run or two between now and the opening... so I'll play one (and only one) game of ESPGaluda for ya ;(
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
July 31 2008 19:07 GMT
#699
I have family around Dallas/Ft. Worth, but me and some buddies are going to head down to to Austin and stay with their relatives for like maybe a week or two weekends or as much as we can O_O
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-07-31 20:31:30
July 31 2008 20:30 GMT
#700
ugh DFW is so boring, and I say that as someone whose family is in Houston. At least you'd be near a major city? Could be worse, I guess. 4 hour drive from DFW to Austin, though.

Definitely want to hit Austin as often as possible, gas prices may be killer but boredom will kill you faster. Hopefully I'll still be in Austin by then, though hopefully not because I didn't graduate... lol.
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 37 296 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 268
TKL 202
CranKy Ducklings81
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
Reynor vs herOLIVE!
RotterdaM1062
IndyStarCraft 177
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1062
Lowko447
TKL 202
IndyStarCraft 177
Rex 94
MindelVK 14
ProTech10
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 62647
Free 3087
Jaedong 2104
BeSt 725
Horang2 340
Soma 309
Zeus 203
firebathero 195
Last 160
Hyun 126
[ Show more ]
sorry 123
Mind 93
Pusan 76
ToSsGirL 30
soO 26
Aegong 23
Yoon 23
scan(afreeca) 19
Sacsri 11
zelot 9
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7058
Dendi716
XaKoH 421
canceldota60
Other Games
gofns33305
singsing2252
B2W.Neo438
byalli370
Pyrionflax293
ToD213
DeMusliM97
QueenE49
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV210
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 31
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP20
• Gemini_19 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1458
• WagamamaTV440
League of Legends
• Jankos3090
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
4h 11m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6h 11m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 11m
Patches Events
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
OSC
1d 23h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.