• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:49
CEST 14:49
KST 21:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War445.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7750 users

The Official Fighting Games Topic - Page 37

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 296 Next
New Updated Fighting Game Thread
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-04 21:47:43
August 04 2008 21:47 GMT
#721
Are you going Kosi

Edit: I'm not going just askinz
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
Kingkosi
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States1215 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-04 22:00:11
August 04 2008 21:49 GMT
#722
Yeah I live in Las Vegas so I will be there fo sho

Edit: Should be a fun weekend though, I hope to some of you attend it should be great fun.
Twitter: @KingKosi
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-04 22:05:45
August 04 2008 22:04 GMT
#723
wow I didnt even know evo was this weekend :O

edit: wow they still play cvs2? I thought everyone hated that game by now.
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
August 04 2008 22:12 GMT
#724
so I went into SRK for the first time in about 3+ years since I had no idea who is playing in evo (and still dont actually) but decided to open this odd looking "SBO travel package" thread and wtf, to quote someone there "This is retardedly affordable"

wow.
KOFgokuon
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States14912 Posts
August 05 2008 02:52 GMT
#725
I must say, of the mirror matches to watch, I hate chun vs chun, but I find urien vs urien, ken vs ken, makoto vs makoto and dudley vs dudley to be fascinating
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
August 05 2008 03:11 GMT
#726
what, dudley vs dudley and urien vs urien are the shittiest mirrors in the game that is completely dominated by dice rolls rather than any real semblance of skill. Well I cant argue with entertainment value b/c yea it's definitely more furn to watch than chun vs chun, but the players' opinion is that is a completely luck dominated matchup.

urien mirror is especiallylol.

oh god I'm goign to get raped by my brother's urien so badly in like 2 weeks when i go home >_>
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
August 05 2008 06:36 GMT
#727
Is he younger?
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
August 05 2008 09:23 GMT
#728
yes.
and he's taller!
myrmidon2537
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Philippines2188 Posts
August 05 2008 13:13 GMT
#729
Which means you can easily punch him in the crotch JOHNNY CAGE STYLE!! <3
IPT.PromilKid: I'm only good at Marvel
KOFgokuon
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States14912 Posts
August 05 2008 13:18 GMT
#730
only if you can do a split
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
August 06 2008 01:36 GMT
#731
I just started listening to those gootecks podcasts, pretty good stuff
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
August 06 2008 02:42 GMT
#732
CvS2 has a pretty consistent following, and it's a fun game in moderation. This is likely to be the last year with CvS2 though, since there will be too many new games next time around for them to justify being dicks and keeping out healthier, growing communities again.

Dudley and Urien mirrors actually do take a lot of skill, just like any mirror. Dudley in particular has no reason to put up with his own BS. Urien mirror is a lot of patience, good blocking, footsies, and smart use of meter... it's a bit like fighting Chun-li except instead of low forward he has random special XX Aegis.
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
Harem
Profile Joined November 2007
United States11393 Posts
August 06 2008 02:44 GMT
#733
Everyone loves game where walkup block is toptier.
Moderator。◕‿◕。
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
August 06 2008 02:46 GMT
#734
On August 06 2008 11:44 Harem wrote:
Everyone loves game where walkup block is toptier.


Why would you walk up block when you can walk back block ;o
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
Kingkosi
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States1215 Posts
August 06 2008 03:07 GMT
#735
On August 06 2008 11:46 MCMcEmcee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2008 11:44 Harem wrote:
Everyone loves game where walkup block is toptier.


Why would you walk up block when you can walk back block ;o

I see what you did there
Twitter: @KingKosi
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
August 06 2008 06:57 GMT
#736
I hate Chun Li so much.

I was playing vs my friend Dan and doing so-so with Makoto and Ken, taking rounds off but rarely / never winning. Then I switched to Chun Li, and tonight I was getting her karathrow at least 75% of the time. (I think it's partly because he just finished modding my stick with real Sanwa buttons, which I had the most practice on with Chun Li @ arcades.) I was throwing him out of all kinds of stuff from a ridiculous distance. And I had a 5-game win streak going after a 1-10 or so losing record with Ken/Makoto.

Why does she have to be so good?


Also, you might not think the difference between Hori's Sanwa-imitation buttons (HRAP default) and real Sanwa buttons would be significant, but considering I went from about a 10% success rate with Chun's mk kara-throw to over 75% immediately after the buttons were changed, I have to say I think it can help a lot. :O
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
August 06 2008 16:50 GMT
#737
Hori buttons SUCK.
Okay that's not fair. They just suck.
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-08 06:18:20
August 08 2008 06:17 GMT
#738
Wow.

So tonight our friend Ian (Dudley) tried out the all-Sanwa modded stick. Normally he plays with an unmodded T5 (with Hori stick and Hori buttons that are lower quality than the ones on the HRAPs). Normally he essentially never beats my Chun Li or Dan's Yun. But tonight he beat us both in best-of-5s. O_O

That stick is infused with magic, I swear.
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
August 08 2008 06:20 GMT
#739
O_O

I wish I never found this out bill
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
August 08 2008 07:31 GMT
#740
DAT MAGIC STICK. It's like a rare candy, "Level up! Level up!"
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 296 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 268
TKL 202
CranKy Ducklings81
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
Reynor vs herOLIVE!
RotterdaM1062
IndyStarCraft 177
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1062
Lowko447
TKL 202
IndyStarCraft 177
Rex 94
MindelVK 14
ProTech10
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 62647
Free 3087
Jaedong 2104
BeSt 725
Horang2 340
Soma 309
Zeus 203
firebathero 195
Last 160
Hyun 126
[ Show more ]
sorry 123
Mind 93
Pusan 76
ToSsGirL 30
soO 26
Aegong 23
Yoon 23
scan(afreeca) 19
Sacsri 11
zelot 9
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7058
Dendi716
XaKoH 421
canceldota60
Other Games
gofns33305
singsing2252
B2W.Neo438
byalli370
Pyrionflax293
ToD213
DeMusliM97
QueenE49
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV210
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 31
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP20
• Gemini_19 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1458
• WagamamaTV440
League of Legends
• Jankos3090
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
4h 11m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6h 11m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 11m
Patches Events
1d 2h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
OSC
1d 23h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.