• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:40
CEST 15:40
KST 22:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War485.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8143 users

The Official Fighting Games Topic - Page 39

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 37 38 39 40 41 296 Next
New Updated Fighting Game Thread
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
August 09 2008 19:36 GMT
#761
N Chun-li is a lot more stable than N Morrigan and his Chun is pretty good anyhow. His Morrigan is better in the sense that he's played her longer and people are still more unfamiliar with how to block her.
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-10 00:20:02
August 09 2008 23:59 GMT
#762
Yo wheres ST updatez

Edit: oh still going lolz

Random notes

-Sabin beats Jason Cole in pools, loses to NKI at end of pools; NKI qualifies out of pools.
-Fatboy beats Nelson in pools.
-Cole eliminated by Nelson; Fatboy vs. Nelson rematch, winner plays Sabin for last spot of pools.
-Apparently Kusumondo was moved to a different pool, which explains why we haven't heard any news about him when he was supposedly in the same pool as Sabin/NKI/Cole/Nelson/Fatboy.
-Valle sends Choi to losers in semi's; will play Sirlin for a spot in top 8.
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
August 10 2008 03:45 GMT
#763
KURODA DVD INFO

Kuroda DVD blog entries
http://gamesakura.blog118.fc2.com/

THe arcade that sells them
http://www.ge-sen.com/am/3770/

Map to Arcade
http://www.ge-sen.com/map/?item=a3770

GL~
Kingkosi
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States1215 Posts
August 10 2008 04:25 GMT
#764
Omg today was awesome, first off I got to play Street Fighter 4! (No BlazeBLue though, it wasn't there today) also I got to see JR vs Ryan Heart in a money match it was epic. It was First to 5, with JR taking a 3 games to one lead when Ryan Heart came storming back to make it a 4, 4. JR won in the end, wish I had my camera, but tomorrow is the finals for everything, and hopefully I will be able to record!
Twitter: @KingKosi
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
August 10 2008 04:50 GMT
#765
Oh snap ST updates!

Winners - Valle, Nuki, Sirlin, Kusumondo
Losers - Shirts, Justin, Choi, Tokido
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-10 19:29:27
August 10 2008 19:14 GMT
#766
Edit: CvS2: 1st Choi, 2nd BAS, 3rd Ricky, 4th Justin, 5th Gene/Tokido, 7th Buk/Combo

[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-11 02:19:13
August 10 2008 20:46 GMT
#767
TvC Invitational Finals vid :D

+ Show Spoiler [Justin Wong vs Sabin] +
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
August 10 2008 21:18 GMT
#768
Okay, in Ryan Hart vs Gandido, in the last game, tied 2-2 with Gandido up on life, the game somehow pauses and none of the player's sticks have a home button, and they replayed the game and so Evo T5:DR Winner is Ryan Hart
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
August 10 2008 21:36 GMT
#769
Ryan Hart wins 2-0 vs Hung for last top8 spot

Amir 2-0 Tokido omg!
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-10 22:14:04
August 10 2008 21:59 GMT
#770
Justin over JR 2-1

Fubarduck over Ryan Hart 2-1

Nuki beats Watson 2-0, Watson then gets on the mic and says, "Third Strike sucks" :D

Tokido over Fubarduck 2-0

Well now, Nuki over JR 2-0
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
Kingkosi
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States1215 Posts
August 10 2008 22:07 GMT
#771
Are you updating from Evo SayaSP??? I'm heading over there shortly.
Twitter: @KingKosi
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-10 22:48:02
August 10 2008 22:07 GMT
#772
No I'm IRC rofl :D

Edit: Justin takes Amir 2-0 (NO ROUNDS FOR AMIR!?)

Japanese Showdown, Nuki over Tokido 2-1

EVO will 100% have Chun champ ;;

Nuki beats Amir 2-0 in Losers Finals

GRAND FINAL JWong vs Nuki

3-0 Nuki, gets that reset

They get down to the last game tied 2-2, Nuki wins in the end
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-10 23:30:44
August 10 2008 23:24 GMT
#773
Third Strike does suck: it's all about Yun and Chun Li, lol. (I exaggerate, but only a little. )

Worst part is that Chun vs Chun is such a boring and BS matchup. =/

Thanks for the updates, nonetheless.


Edit: from the Evo 2008 Results Thread on SRK:

CvS2 - Top 8

Winners:

John Choi vs. BAS - Choi beats BAS 2-0
Ricky Ortiz vs. Tokido - Ricky beats Tokido 2-0

John Choi vs. Ricky Ortiz - Choi beats Ricky 2-1

Losers:

Combofiend vs. Gene Wong - Gene Wong beats Combofiend 2-1
Buktooth vs. Justin Wong - Justin beats Buktooth 2-1

Gene Wong vs. BAS - BAS beats Gene Wong 2-0
Justin Wong vs. Tokido - Justin Wong beats Tokido 2-0

Justin Wong vs. BAS - BAS beats Justin Wong 2-1

BAS vs. Ricky Ortiz - BAS beats Ricky Ortiz 2-1

Grand Finals:

John Choi vs. BAS - BAS wins first set 2-0, but Choi takes next set 2-0.

John Choi wins!

Final Results:

1st - John Choi
2nd - BAS
3rd - Ricky Ortiz
4th - Justin Wong
5th - Tokido/Gene Wong
7th - Combofiend/Buktooth

Wow, assuming John Choi was using his usual C-groove team, I am pleasantly surprised that a non-A-groove team won.
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-10 23:30:59
August 10 2008 23:30 GMT
#774
Bill307 obviously hasn't played online Chun v. Chun with me online to see how exciting it really gets ;p

JOHN CHOI WINS CVS2. Sick win over the best CvS2 player in Japan.

Also Ryan Hart seriously should not have gotten into the 3S top 8, if you miss your match then you're DQ'd, sorry if you can't be bothered to take care of your health before a match.
Like how he also got a replay in DR when he was down in the final game. So glad Ryan Harvey won the Ryan mirror match.
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
August 10 2008 23:38 GMT
#775
"The Ryan mirror match" lol.

I'll have to dodge the Chun vs Chun online match, since I know I'll just end up cursing at my keyboard when I start losing.

About Ryan Hart: I dunno, imo it depends on what caused him to collapse. If it's like a sudden medical problem then that can't be helped, but if it's caused by staying up all night and eating burgers for every meal then I agree with you. Although, I feel extra sympathetic for Ryan Hart because he's probably suffering from jet lag in some way.

As for the T5DR game, I think replaying it was the right decision, unless the life advantage was huge. I mean it sucks for his opponent right now, but it'd be even less fair for Ryan Hart to lose without actually losing the final match, all because of some random pause fluke.
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-11 00:12:29
August 11 2008 00:12 GMT
#776
I'm mad cuz Fubar didn't win Evo (and after that I'm said Jwong lost too )

Edit: ST Later though!
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-11 01:44:06
August 11 2008 01:22 GMT
#777
ST Stuff!
Nuki over Sirlin 2-0
Valle over Kusumondo 2-0
Tokido over Justin 2-1
Choi over Shirts 2-0
Choi rapes kusomondo 2-0
Tokido beats Sirlin 2-0

Also CPU beats Ken 2-1 to win Brawl (lol)
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-11 01:38:36
August 11 2008 01:37 GMT
#778
Now I don't feel so bad for losing to the CPU in Brawl!

Edit: I read that the Brawl tournament at Evo had items turned ON. I can only imagine how Smashboards reacted to that. (Well, technically I suppose I could also go and find out...)
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-11 01:53:21
August 11 2008 01:52 GMT
#779
Nuki over Valle 2-0

Edit: Snap! Choi over Tokido 2-1
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
August 11 2008 01:53 GMT
#780
Hey Saya, what IRC channel are you in?
Prev 1 37 38 39 40 41 296 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 278
TKL 231
CranKy Ducklings120
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Serral 1170
Lowko496
TKL 231
ProTech120
Rex 103
MindelVK 23
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 60117
Free 2334
Horang2 311
firebathero 224
Zeus 176
Last 103
Hyun 90
Pusan 80
ToSsGirL 75
910 42
[ Show more ]
soO 28
Aegong 22
Trap 22
Rock 17
Yoon 15
scan(afreeca) 15
Noble 14
Sacsri 10
Icarus 8
Dota 2
Gorgc6453
Dendi903
XaKoH 469
canceldota64
Counter-Strike
fl0m86
Other Games
gofns34431
singsing2319
B2W.Neo464
byalli419
Pyrionflax316
Mlord241
Beastyqt205
ToD180
DeMusliM115
Liquid`VortiX77
QueenE64
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV222
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 26
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1623
League of Legends
• Jankos2845
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
3h 20m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 20m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 20m
Patches Events
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
OSC
1d 9h
OSC
1d 22h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.