• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:30
CEST 16:30
KST 23:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War515.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Rollback Netcode in Brood War Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8203 users

The Official Fighting Games Topic - Page 40

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 296 Next
New Updated Fighting Game Thread
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-11 02:15:25
August 11 2008 01:55 GMT
#781
go #capcom on efnet

Nom nom Choi goes 2-0 vs Valle, Valle is 3rd place Choi faces Nuki in EVO ST Grand Final

Also I must add this is battle for a 2nd title at the same evo lolol (Nuki won 3s, Choi won CvS2)

Choi wins 3-1 for the reset

And in the final series, Choi wins 3-2 to become the EVO 08 ST Champ AND CvS2 Champ. Moneys x2
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-11 02:59:41
August 11 2008 02:55 GMT
#782
On August 11 2008 10:37 Bill307 wrote:
Edit: I read that the Brawl tournament at Evo had items turned ON. I can only imagine how Smashboards reacted to that. (Well, technically I suppose I could also go and find out...)


Evo is all about supporting the competitive scene which is why they banned fubarduck permanently from SRK for daring to call them out for having only LCD/HDTVs at the first Evo East (then they did some late night ninja mission to Wal-Mart to buy a bunch of CRTs and tried to make themselves look like heroes), dropped GGXX:AC despite it being the fastest growing (only growing?) fighting game scene in the US because people had the audacity to stay up late then sleep in while in Vegas... and replaced it with Brawl-with-items... with a terrible list of items allowed. Oh and also there are NO other tournaments using items.

Oh and they promised to support the GG side tournament if enough GG players showed up to "prove themselves to Evo staff" or some crap, with some talk of putting the finals on the big screen- but then the GG players had to play a 77-person tournament on THREE TVs.

Also arbitrary replay rules that favor "accidental" pauses or blue-boxes when you're down, so long as you're friendly with the judges or some kind of big name in that region. I just think replays are stupid, since I've had some bad experiences with people abusing it...ex. Texas Showdown 5 CvS2 pools, I am on the verge of OCVing the pool judge, sitting on a huge life lead, I'm running away to drain the clock and refill my A Groove meter, notice some scrub had set the timer on infinite... I point this out casually since I'm about to win for sure- of course he goes and resets the game and calls for a replay and since he's the judge I can't do jack squat. He then goes on to win the next game by counter-picking my team order that I used, and I'm too pissed to care after that. (Incidentally I was in the same pool as Nestor and Justin for that tournament, I got rocked by Justin pretty hard).

-edit-
Saya I was right; Kusumondo is a beast but still got raped by O.Sagat, Honda ftl.
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
August 11 2008 03:02 GMT
#783
Yea shits gay -_-;
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
Harem
Profile Joined November 2007
United States11393 Posts
August 11 2008 03:16 GMT
#784
On August 11 2008 11:55 MCMcEmcee wrote:
snip

I like how CvS2 ran an hour late this year and yet when that happened to GG last year, GG players got shit on. =_=
Moderator。◕‿◕。
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
August 11 2008 03:35 GMT
#785
But Evo staff likes GG amirite
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
August 11 2008 05:16 GMT
#786
I know it's usually a bad idea to judge based on one side of the story, but it sounds like you and GG really got shafted.

I never thought about it in that way, but replacing GG with Brawl with items is completely ridiculous from a competitive gaming standpoint. The fact that GG got 77 entrants also tells me that Evo made a mistake. -_-

Now, here's the money question: does Evo get to hoard all the GG side tournament footage for their DVD so that they can profit from it, or can that footage be released for free since the game was officially dropped from Evo?
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
August 11 2008 05:35 GMT
#787
From SRK

MvC2 - Top 8

Winners:

Chunksta vs. Toan aka totaltoanage - Chunk beats Toan 2-0
Justin Wong vs. Wes aka Blockable Laser - Justin beats Wes 2-0

Chunksta vs. Justin Wong - Chunksta beats Justin Wong 2-1

Losers:

Crizzle vs. MegamanDS - Crizzle beats MegamanDS 2-0
Smoothviper vs. Fanatiq - Smoothviper beats Fanatiq 2-1

Toan vs. Crizzle - Crizzle beats Toan 2-0
Wes vs. Smoothviper - Smoothviper beats Wes 2-1

Smoothviper vs. Crizzle - Smoothviper beats Crizzle 2-0

Smoothviper vs. Justin Wong - Justin Wong beats Smoothviper 2-0

Grand Finals:

Chunksta vs. Justin Wong - Justin Wong wins first set 3-0, second set 3-1

Justin Wong wins Marvel for the 5th time in Evo history!
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
August 11 2008 05:38 GMT
#788
lol, I was just about to post that.

I was listening to the podcast with Justin Wong earlier, and in it Gootecks repeatedly says Justin Wong is like the god of MvC2, on a clear level above everyone else. So I was really surprised and impressed to see him lose 1-2 to Chunksta in the winners final. O_O But it looks like he lived up to his name once again and won in the grand finals.


Y'know, that's THREE games where the grand final was won by the guy coming from losers!
3s: Justin Wong vs. Nuki - Nuki wins first set 3-0, then wins 2nd set 3-2
ST: Nuki vs. Choi - Choi wins first set 3-1, then wins second set 3-2
MvC2: Chunksta vs. Justin Wong - Justin Wong wins first set 3-0, second set 3-1

Incredible.
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
August 11 2008 05:43 GMT
#789
Justin isn't really a MvC2 god, per se.
More of a MvC2 bonjwa.
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
Kingkosi
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States1215 Posts
August 11 2008 06:33 GMT
#790
Oh man Justin Wong gave it to Chunksta so bad! Although I can't stand smooth vipers swag, I was pulling for him a little to beat wong.
Twitter: @KingKosi
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
August 11 2008 06:33 GMT
#791
On August 11 2008 15:33 Kingkosi wrote:
Oh man Justin Wong gave it to Chunksta so bad! Although I can't stand smooth vipers swag, I was pulling for him a little to beat wong.

How was it Kingkosi
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
Kingkosi
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States1215 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-11 06:40:27
August 11 2008 06:39 GMT
#792
On August 11 2008 15:33 SayaSP wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2008 15:33 Kingkosi wrote:
Oh man Justin Wong gave it to Chunksta so bad! Although I can't stand smooth vipers swag, I was pulling for him a little to beat wong.

How was it Kingkosi
It was epic, the little Street Fighter 4 tourney was cool, but I hate Rufius(?) as a character he looks so stupid haha
Twitter: @KingKosi
Kingkosi
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States1215 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-11 06:47:25
August 11 2008 06:46 GMT
#793
haha God he's the worst looking fighter ever:
[image loading]
Twitter: @KingKosi
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
August 11 2008 07:06 GMT
#794
He's basically a bomb got the body and the wick
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
August 11 2008 22:53 GMT
#795
lol, I didn't even notice that until you pointed it out.


So apparently an arcade in Toronto is getting SFIV this week! I've gotta start watching vids and learn how to play the game.


By the way, about the T5DR thing with Ryan: apparently someone in the audience paused the game!

http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=3472051#post3472051

After reviewing the match, it was someone in the audience that actually hit the PS button and fucked the screen. We went back to the hotel room and tested this out, so it seems like the person who hit the button was either one of the players who placed Top 8 and used pad, or someone in the audience other than the top 8 that somehow had the fucking pad synched to that specific PS3 (highly unlikely).

EVO Staff ruled that Gandido hit the PS button (not sure how or why) because he was the only one using a Pelican (Ryan was using an Elecom). After 5 minutes of going back and forth, Ryan agreed to replay the match. Props to Ryan Hart for doing this.
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
August 12 2008 08:46 GMT
#796
read a blog by matsuda on sf4 stuff (well it was more about just a day in his life) but it seems haitani is seriously massgaming, and sagat is considered a candidate for top tier.
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
August 12 2008 08:56 GMT
#797
when did I become a marine

too bad Crimson Viper sucks still
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
August 12 2008 09:00 GMT
#798
i think marine is at 300 posts + some amount of time.
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
August 12 2008 09:03 GMT
#799
Better not ask about icons, you know what happens then
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
August 12 2008 09:05 GMT
#800
with saro being in a rather merlin state, I suspect we can see something like "Sonuvbob's Chimpanzeees" or something like that.
Prev 1 38 39 40 41 42 296 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 395
TKL 256
CranKy Ducklings167
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Serral 1102
TKL 256
ProTech130
Rex 124
MindelVK 22
EmSc Tv 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 56981
Free 1839
Horang2 327
firebathero 239
Zeus 177
Last 107
Trap 89
Hyun 83
ToSsGirL 78
910 67
[ Show more ]
soO 30
Rock 22
Bishop 22
Aegong 20
scan(afreeca) 14
Noble 10
Sacsri 9
Icarus 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7834
Dendi1057
XaKoH 453
420jenkins103
canceldota58
Counter-Strike
fl0m3020
byalli497
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko424
Other Games
singsing2240
Mlord450
Beastyqt370
KnowMe170
Liquid`VortiX119
DeMusliM101
QueenE68
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV222
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 13
EmSc2Tv 13
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP28
• StrangeGG 27
• Dystopia_ 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony2
• Michael_bg 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2586
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1513
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
2h 30m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4h 30m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 30m
Patches Events
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
OSC
1d 8h
OSC
1d 21h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.