• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:11
CEST 07:11
KST 14:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War595.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8346 users

The Official Fighting Games Topic - Page 42

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 296 Next
New Updated Fighting Game Thread
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
August 13 2008 03:58 GMT
#821
On August 13 2008 12:52 MCMcEmcee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2008 12:26 SayaSP wrote:
Yo 3MC just for good measure let me ask you; how do I play Yun?

1) jump backwards
2) whiff low strong
3) WHOOOOAAA GENEI JIN
4) mash
5) repeat


I am Haji and I support this advice.
ArC_man
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States2798 Posts
August 13 2008 04:15 GMT
#822
I wish Yun was really that easy to use.
myrmidon2537
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Philippines2188 Posts
August 13 2008 05:09 GMT
#823
Thanks for the info MCMC <3

Also I think the joysticks are different in American vs Jap. Most of the decent arcades here use jap setups although there are a few which use american layouts.

jap sticks are short with a ball on top and american sticks are just long... rubbery thingies (I can't describe it) >_<

Also you have to take into consideration if you want an 8-way stick or a 360 stick when you plan on making your own custom pad.
IPT.PromilKid: I'm only good at Marvel
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
August 13 2008 05:40 GMT
#824
Some people like their square gates! And I think those things would be called bat tops
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-13 06:07:44
August 13 2008 06:05 GMT
#825
On August 13 2008 14:09 myrmidon2537 wrote:
Thanks for the info MCMC <3

Also I think the joysticks are different in American vs Jap. Most of the decent arcades here use jap setups although there are a few which use american layouts.

jap sticks are short with a ball on top and american sticks are just long... rubbery thingies (I can't describe it) >_<

Also you have to take into consideration if you want an 8-way stick or a 360 stick when you plan on making your own custom pad.

American sticks typically have a bat-top. Long, rubbery thingies on sticks is a little risque for this topic.

I like p360 a lot, despite a lot of people I know hating them. Still, good Japanese sticks are pretty sweet as well. Still want to try a Korean stick one of these days, no homo. Saulabi's go pretty cheap but I'd have to mod the buttons and it can be a pain to put in the good stuff on a Saulabi... might try to track down a custom builder who gets Korean parts.

Shame my MAS stick burned itself out after like 6 years of working just fine. Had to burn out right before I was about to win a tournament, too. Kinda what forced me to fix up my HRAP2 and play on Japanese stick exclusively for the past few months.
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
August 13 2008 06:08 GMT
#826
Oh so you liked the long rubbery things
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
Bill307
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada9103 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-13 06:36:48
August 13 2008 06:35 GMT
#827
On August 13 2008 14:40 SayaSP wrote:
Some people like their square gates!

Something I learned about octagonal gates: when you buffer a 720 on an octagonal gate, it is REALLY obvious and loud. >_<

My friend got an octagonal restrictor thrown in for free with his order. (And free candy, too! Seriously!) So he installed it into my stick to see how it'd feel. I tried it with Ken first, and it was... different. I can't really say if it was better or worse than a square gate because I didn't use it for very long. Next, I tried it with Hugo, 'cause doing 360s and 720s is pretty important for me. Executing a 360 had a lot of "bumps", but difficulty-wise and speed-wise I'd say it was equal.

Then I started to buffer a wake-up 720. Now, you might think that buffering a wake-up QCFx2 or 720 sounds pretty obvious on a square gate. But you do not know the definition of obvious until you have heard someone buffering a 720 with an octagonal gate. It was as if a helicopter had landed in his backyard.

After that game I had him put back my square gate. =P
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
August 13 2008 06:50 GMT
#828
Looooooooool I'm actually thinking helicopter and it sounds amazing
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
August 13 2008 07:13 GMT
#829
GI GET OFF THE CHOPPA
Scooter
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States747 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-08-13 10:27:06
August 13 2008 10:22 GMT
#830
After playing with my sanwa stick for so long I can't pull stuff off with a happ at all T--T Even stuff as simple as mixing mid-lows in genei jin and tackle buffering doesn't come out right.

In case you guys didn't catch the post in SRK, there's new Mikado 2-on-2's up on their website (http://blog.mi-ka-do.net/), it has some sexy YSB and TM in there. Also if it's your thang, there's nitto playing Akuma in there too (although it's yawn rape, you gotta check it out). The links are in the second post me-thinks.

edit: bah, forgot to point this out, but if you wanna see the nitto game it's the one labeled as Cブロック2回戦1 植松(ヤン・ユリアン) VS にっと(豪鬼・ユン).
My unblocks gets yo curleh mustache wet のωの
Kingkosi
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States1215 Posts
August 13 2008 19:11 GMT
#831
On August 13 2008 12:52 MCMcEmcee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 13 2008 12:26 SayaSP wrote:
Yo 3MC just for good measure let me ask you; how do I play Yun?

1) jump backwards
2) whiff low strong
3) WHOOOOAAA GENEI JIN
4) mash
5) repeat

Show nested quote +
On August 13 2008 12:35 thedeadhaji wrote:
as P1 you press right once then down twice than hit a button.

this is also acceptable

Show nested quote +
On August 13 2008 12:05 Kingkosi wrote:
Well I have a Japanese stick I just wanted to know the move set for that layout

Kingkosi, are you on GGPO? We should get in some matches sometime.
You know what I'm not going to lie I have no idea how to put games in it haha
Twitter: @KingKosi
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
August 13 2008 21:34 GMT
#832
find ggpo folder, put roms in roms folder!
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
August 14 2008 05:32 GMT
#833
I raped for free on ggpo by 3MC and Chill someone teach me
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
thedeadhaji *
Profile Blog Joined January 2006
39489 Posts
August 14 2008 05:56 GMT
#834
what game and what char?
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
August 14 2008 07:25 GMT
#835
3s Yang or Dud!?
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
MCMcEmcee
Profile Joined April 2008
United States1609 Posts
August 14 2008 07:36 GMT
#836
Yang-
EX mantis slash x infinity

Dudley-
empty jump-in EX APRICOT
[iHs]MCMcEmcee@UFO | のヮの
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
August 14 2008 07:49 GMT
#837
Man, best tips ever
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
freelander
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Hungary4707 Posts
August 14 2008 08:39 GMT
#838
lol, play me
my q needs love

i get home on monday
And all is illuminated.
SayaSP
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Laos5494 Posts
August 14 2008 09:03 GMT
#839
Ok sir I'll take my scrub Yang to you.

I have Q matchup experience sup 3MC
[iHs]SSP | I-NO-KI BOM-BA-YE | のヮの http://tinyurl.com/MLIStheCV , MLIS.
Myrmidon
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
United States9452 Posts
August 14 2008 14:50 GMT
#840
You can all beat me for free. Whenever you go 0-10, know that there's somebody to cheer you right back up in me. If I parry anything, it's probably by accident, and it'll confuse me for more frames than it's giving me advantage.
Prev 1 40 41 42 43 44 296 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
FoxeR 79
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4495
Leta 1567
Bale 59
Shine 32
ZergMaN 10
Icarus 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm270
League of Legends
JimRising 651
Other Games
summit1g9026
WinterStarcraft593
Sick117
Mew2King28
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick495
BasetradeTV162
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta22
• Letter1413
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2102
League of Legends
• Lourlo1047
• Rush566
Other Games
• Shiphtur322
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 50m
Patches Events
9h 50m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 50m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 50m
OSC
17h 50m
OSC
1d 6h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.