• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:10
CEST 21:10
KST 04:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
MLB/Baseball 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8061 users

Street Fighter V - Page 6

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 74 Next
Team Liquid Player list: Add | View
Spyridon
Profile Joined April 2010
United States997 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-18 16:41:18
February 18 2016 16:38 GMT
#101
On February 19 2016 00:45 Dizmaul wrote:
No the single player campaigns are just a place holder for the real thing in June or July I believe.

I've been using Laura and having much success but mostly cause of gimmick stuff that wont work in a week hah. Really just prac my movement and spacing.


Laura is a character whos gimmicks will work longer than a week. Her okizeme setups are an intended part of her character. Seems a bit gimmicky, but tbh i like the style. Reminds me of oki in Atlus games.
Dizmaul
Profile Joined March 2010
United States831 Posts
February 18 2016 16:41 GMT
#102
Haha yeah I meant what I was doing wont work as well not her gimmicks as a whole. Day one so many people sit and stare or button mash so its hard to gage if what you're doing will work well later. By definition a gimmick should not work long. It's different from 50/50 mix ups ect.
It is what it is
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
February 18 2016 18:46 GMT
#103
I think I'm starting to like R. Mika now. The V-trigger is too much fun.
Forever Young
SCC-Faust
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3736 Posts
February 18 2016 19:17 GMT
#104
Why does every Street Fighter need the comedic fat guy?
I want to fuck Soulkey with a Zelderan.
pachi
Profile Joined October 2006
Melbourne5338 Posts
February 18 2016 19:35 GMT
#105
On February 19 2016 04:17 SCC-Faust wrote:
Why does every Street Fighter need the comedic fat guy?


Was anyone really fat in SF3? (Though that was probably the most hated roster)
Moderatorpachi fanclub http://goto.tl/6DI9 。◕‿◕。
Dizmaul
Profile Joined March 2010
United States831 Posts
February 18 2016 19:36 GMT
#106
yeah I pray we get a Birdie throwback costume like Ken
It is what it is
Kingkosi
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States1215 Posts
February 18 2016 19:46 GMT
#107
I honestly never really liked many of the character designs in Street Fighter outside of Sagat, Akuma, Guile, Cammy and Nash. Mmmm I'd probably throw Chun Li in there too because of those thick thighs. Guilty Gear is the king when it comes to character look and play style in my opinion.
Twitter: @KingKosi
riotjune
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States3394 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-19 05:05:21
February 19 2016 02:29 GMT
#108
lmao Mike's winstreak almost foiled by that tool assisted bot again. I bet in that rematch the bot calculated that super to Mike's last pixel and then gave him a mercy win
SigmaoctanusIV
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States3313 Posts
February 19 2016 05:10 GMT
#109
How is the Crossplatform play? does it work well?
I am Godzilla You are Japan
Kuroeeah
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
11696 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-19 06:21:49
February 19 2016 06:09 GMT
#110
i haven't noticed an issue playing with ps4 users and i'd say it's about 60% ps4 - 40% pc so far in rank 10k.

does noone play gief except me? lol
porkRaven
Profile Joined December 2010
United States953 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-19 06:43:09
February 19 2016 06:42 GMT
#111
Cross play is pretty good but playing vs ps4 users adds 6-8 seconds of loading.
And I seem to get a lot of people with bad connections on ps4.
SHOUTOUTS TO Aylear!!!
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-19 21:41:50
February 19 2016 15:48 GMT
#112
On February 19 2016 15:09 Kuroeeah wrote:
i haven't noticed an issue playing with ps4 users and i'd say it's about 60% ps4 - 40% pc so far in rank 10k.

does noone play gief except me? lol

I've been playing a ton of gief, I think he's great in this version I can't consistently do cr lp / cr lk into 720 yet though

Edit: should specify, I don't think he's top tier or close, but that the tools they gave him are way more fun to me than what he's had in previous games.
DwD
Profile Joined January 2010
Sweden8621 Posts
February 20 2016 00:21 GMT
#113
Just picked SF5 up and played 2h30m or so and having a blast. When I started playing SF4 I was just getting recked for weeks but in SF5 I actually have a positive win %. The amount of loading screens and loading times are insane though, they really need to work on that.

Also, how the hell do I beat button mashers who are constantly jumping and dashing in on me? I play Ken and I feel like I'm just holding block the entire fight lol
~ T-ARA ~ DREAMCATCHER ~ EVERGLOW ~ OH MY GIRL ~ DIA ~ BOL4 ~ CHUNGHA ~
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-20 01:03:35
February 20 2016 01:03 GMT
#114
s.Jab is amazing on Ken. Stops all dashes/badly spaced crossups, amazing in pressure, can be stringed into b+MP,HP target combo. Just throwing it out there at a dash able distance is good. s.MP/c.MP is also a good tool to throw out.

Ken I feel has some of the better antiair options. Besides MP and EX shoryu, you have c.FP and s.MK. s.MK you have to get used to the range, but it's a really good preemptive tool, as well as an antiair tool. If you see that it hits in air, you can cancel into V-Skill, or if it hits on the ground, you have all-day to finish the s.MK,s.HK target combo confirm. If you are ready for ppl jumping in on your, you can easily c.FP them all day. It also crush counters, so you can get the v-skill confirm into HP DP.
Forever Young
AsianEcksDragon
Profile Joined March 2008
United States1036 Posts
February 20 2016 02:42 GMT
#115
Cammy is awesome. I love her her ex dive kick -> air reset mixup. It's so much more fun than frametrap bot Cammy from Ultra.
神は乗り越えられる試練しか与えない
crms
Profile Joined February 2010
United States11933 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-20 05:21:32
February 20 2016 04:35 GMT
#116
I can't pick between Ken, Bison and Necalli. I never liked charge whatsoever and avoided them at all costs in USF4 but something about bison in SFV is just so fun to play. I hope I can pick a main soon. ~_~
http://i.imgur.com/fAUOr2c.png | Fighting games are great
mikedebo
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada4341 Posts
February 20 2016 05:25 GMT
#117
On February 20 2016 13:35 crms wrote:
I can't pick between Ken, Bison and Necalli. I never liked charge whatsoever and avoided them at all costs in USF4 but something about bison in SFV is just so fun to play. I hope I can pick a main soon. ~_~


I played a bunch of Chun in SF4 and never felt 100% comfortable with her charge (and the weirdness that is legs combos.) The reduced charge time in SF5 has made playing charge characters much more enjoyable, imo. It's beautiful.

I noticed there are some crush counters that just immediately knockdown and can't really be followed up with anything (e.g. Chun sweep.) What is the point of this? Hard knockdown? Do you get more meter for it or something? Why would I ever use this instead of using a standing button that gets me a full combo?
I NEED A PHOTOSYNTHESIS! ||| 'airtoss' is an anagram of 'artosis' ||| SANGHOOOOOO ||| "No Korea? No problem. I have internet." -- Stardust
Dizmaul
Profile Joined March 2010
United States831 Posts
February 20 2016 05:37 GMT
#118
Yes I'm not 100% but I think all sweep crush counters are the only hard knockdowns in the game. I keep trying different characters to see if I like them more then Laura but I keep coming back to her. I just love her movement and mixups. I played a lot of Makoto in SF4 so I love having a really fast and far dash like Laura's forward V-trigger.
It is what it is
Wesso
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands1245 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-20 09:28:57
February 20 2016 08:50 GMT
#119
I'm having a lot of fun with Chun-Li, her V skill is fun and the new inputs for lightning legs are great for a pad user. I really need to learn some meterless combos and to actually use them to punish instead of throwing/sweeping to get a easy/lazy knockdown.

edit: Ill add some europe players to see if we match skilllevels.
edit2: if anyone sees me online and is in for some battle lounging just send an invite (500-1300 LP is the most fun probably but I don't mind getting my ass handed to me)
Ophe
Profile Joined July 2012
Sweden388 Posts
February 20 2016 09:33 GMT
#120
We could try some games Wesso, I've just started with SFV. I've quite a bit of playtime on 4 though.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 74 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM916
TaKeTV 324
TKL 306
IndyStarCraft 211
BRAT_OK 99
ZombieGrub47
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 895
TKL 319
IndyStarCraft 220
MaxPax 144
BRAT_OK 94
UpATreeSC 92
ZombieGrub44
JuggernautJason42
Nathanias 23
EmSc Tv 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 694
ggaemo 162
White-Ra 140
firebathero 96
Barracks 64
910 51
Killer 28
Bale 25
Trap 25
Shine 24
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 16
yabsab 8
Dota 2
qojqva4607
Counter-Strike
Fnx 775
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8416
crisheroes1752
Liquid`Hasu1639
Trikslyr61
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi4771
summit1g1996
singsing1398
Beastyqt770
ceh9632
shahzam450
B2W.Neo376
C9.Mang0166
ArmadaUGS141
KnowMe122
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream427
Other Games
BasetradeTV204
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 18
EmSc2Tv 18
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 168
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 24
• Azhi_Dahaki19
• FirePhoenix16
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis1863
• TFBlade923
Other Games
• Shiphtur302
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 50m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 50m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 15h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.