• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:46
CEST 12:46
KST 19:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double0Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9063 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 22

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 73 Next
-Celestial-
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom3867 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-29 17:07:27
May 29 2015 16:57 GMT
#421
To be honest the only reason its even 800 DPI is that I found 1600 DPI to be way too much (which is what I use for normal PC usage) and that by flicking it down a setting I got a much nicer experience without having to touch any of the other options. X-D

I ran through a couple of rounds vs hardest level bots just now on something like 5 sensitivity and 800 DPI. Felt really weird having to make much bigger movements but I was hitting a lot more headshots so I guess we'll see how it goes; I feel like its doable, even with me being used to much higher.


On a question that just came to me now from posting in the QQ thread: If a good chunk of your team (i.e. at least 2 or 3) unnecessarily buy in a round that your team REALLY need to be ecoing because they're not listening is it better to go all-in on the silliness and buy or save to get the full buy yourself next round? Bearing in mind that odds are they won't be able to full buy next round themselves but are likely to just spend all their money anyway?
"Protoss simultaneously feels unbeatably strong and unwinnably weak." - kcdc
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
May 29 2015 17:36 GMT
#422
Took a while but ive finally adjusted to 2.14 sens and 400 dpi, works quite well.
WriterXiao8~~
Durp
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada3117 Posts
May 29 2015 21:29 GMT
#423
On May 29 2015 18:02 BravoScripT.DK wrote:
Me any my friends are having some fun (supreme to silver ranks) in 5v5.
Does any1 know an easy way of playing a sound over the microphone by a keybind, ex numbad 1-9, 9 different sounds?

HLDJ
SOOOOOooooOOOOooooOOOOoo Many BANELINGS!!
justiceknight
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Singapore5741 Posts
May 30 2015 07:52 GMT
#424
On May 30 2015 01:46 -Celestial- wrote:
@justiceknight: To be honest I was massively thrown off by the menu myself when I first started (coming from Source). You can't change it as far as I can tell, I tried. All I can really recommend is playing a bunch of casual and change up your weapon selections in every round. After a while you start to get a feel for where everything is placed.


Yeah, it took me a couple of days coming from 1.5/1.6 to learn the new AK/M4 and kevlar etc. but if you use numbers and keep using numbers it will become second nature soon. I greatly prefer just hitting numbers to buyscripts personally. At least I can only misbuy one item at a time if I misclick a button [/QUOTE]



thanks for the advice people , another thing is about rank. I came from LoL and is it possible for pro people to carry 1v5 something like that? I tried a few games where people dont work together and the bomber just run solo lol. Any tips to climb?
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
May 30 2015 07:58 GMT
#425
At low ranks (Silver to ~AKs, maybe even higher for some), it is possible to just 1v5 or at least, kill a major portion of the enemy team just by out aiming them. However, it's not as easy as say Dota2 or LoL? (idk i don't play LoL), where you can pick an agi hero and just farm up items to actually be unkillable. Everyone has 100hp, and everyone dies in 1-2 shots to the head.

Just look at the basic tutorials in the second post http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/cs-go/475645-simple-questions-simple-answers#2 and practice playing deathmatch servers to warm up your aim, and learn some of the strategy/tactics with the game as well, and you'll eventually climb.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Nimix
Profile Joined October 2011
France1809 Posts
May 30 2015 09:58 GMT
#426
Your teammates can't feed the enemy team to the point where you can't do shit anymore in CS
b3nd3r
Profile Joined February 2015
Germany158 Posts
May 30 2015 10:51 GMT
#427
I read a lot about warming up on DM before going in MM but is it really that great? I mean of course it trains reaction and aim but since you can get shoot from every position ('DM-spawns') it feels not like it's a good training overall.
Sweet photons. I don't know if you're waves or particles, but you go down smooth.
-Celestial-
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom3867 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-30 11:14:58
May 30 2015 11:14 GMT
#428
On May 30 2015 18:58 Nimix wrote:
Your teammates can't feed the enemy team to the point where you can't do shit anymore in CS


This. One thing I really like about CSGO is that unlike DOTA2 (my primary haunt for that genre) or LoL is that its way, way easier to pull out of a bad spot single-handedly because "the numbers" are less of a factor than your aim.


On May 30 2015 19:51 b3nd3r wrote:
I read a lot about warming up on DM before going in MM but is it really that great? I mean of course it trains reaction and aim but since you can get shoot from every position ('DM-spawns') it feels not like it's a good training overall.


I really dislike DM for warming up. I'd rather play a a match of casual or arms race or demolition. Basically another other than DM. I find DM to be too frenetic to get myself into the zone to play well.



Following on from my posts about sensitivity: I dropped sensitivity to 5 again and kept DPI on 800. Played arms race, got first place in an arms race match for the first time. Then went to competitive and my team won 16-0 and I was fragging pretty highly throughout (admittedly the other team was AWFUL).

Yes I think this is working for me. X-D
"Protoss simultaneously feels unbeatably strong and unwinnably weak." - kcdc
NihiLStarcraft
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Denmark1413 Posts
May 30 2015 11:24 GMT
#429
Haha glad to hear that. Low sensitivity rocks!
kyllinghest
Profile Joined December 2011
Norway1607 Posts
May 30 2015 11:39 GMT
#430
5 sens with 800 dpi? You should be a surgeon man! Those must be some steady hands. I play with 1.15 sens and 800 dpi, and I feel like that might be too high for me, but Im too lazy to change it now. I also play mostly with my wrist.
"NO" -Has
-Celestial-
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom3867 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-30 11:48:47
May 30 2015 11:48 GMT
#431
@kyllinghest: I mentioned on the previous page I was originally playing at 12.5 sens 800 DPI so this now feels like ultra-fine precision. X-D

And funnily enough you're not too far off, I'm not a medic but I AM a biologist. I've spent a large part of the past six years or so manipulating little tiny tubes of stuff, pipetting tiny volumes of liquid and using needles with highly toxic substances in them to lyse cells. So I'm kinda used to fine manipulation of things.
"Protoss simultaneously feels unbeatably strong and unwinnably weak." - kcdc
Nimix
Profile Joined October 2011
France1809 Posts
May 30 2015 12:27 GMT
#432
You must have some kind of acceleration turned on. I mean I don't see how you can be remotely precise with 1:1 25 sens @ 400 dpi :D
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
May 30 2015 12:38 GMT
#433
is there a way to configure the buttons on my zowie ec2?
like so when im browsing the web pressing the side button doesnt keep sending me back a page
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
-Celestial-
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom3867 Posts
May 30 2015 12:57 GMT
#434
Nah I have acceleration turned off. Don't like the feel of it.

I think its just years of experience on Source engine using similar settings. In fairness most of my sniping fine-tuning was done with strafing rather than mouse movement. X-D
"Protoss simultaneously feels unbeatably strong and unwinnably weak." - kcdc
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
May 30 2015 22:05 GMT
#435
On May 30 2015 21:38 FFGenerations wrote:
is there a way to configure the buttons on my zowie ec2?
like so when im browsing the web pressing the side button doesnt keep sending me back a page

Should be something in your mouse's driver software settings.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Nimix
Profile Joined October 2011
France1809 Posts
May 31 2015 00:51 GMT
#436
There are no drivers for zowie mice (at least not for the FK), but I think you can rebind them in the windows settings?
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
May 31 2015 02:18 GMT
#437
Oh haha well then. Don't think there's any windows settings that let you rebind keys. Looks like you can use some remapping software to rebind keys on mice with no drivers. http://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/XMouseButtonControl.htm

That said, I like the idea of being able to go back/forth in browsers with the side buttons of a mouse. What else would you use them for?
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
DinosaurPoop
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
687 Posts
May 31 2015 17:09 GMT
#438
Hi, getting into CS:GO recently, and just want to ask one thing:

Is it worth it to "unlearn" using high sensitivities? I've been playing at 2000 DPI/6.0 sens for a while now and pretty comfortable with it, and I just wanna know if I should just keep practicing with this or should I take my time to scale down.
When cats speak, mice listen.
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
May 31 2015 17:13 GMT
#439
On June 01 2015 02:09 DinosaurPoop wrote:
Hi, getting into CS:GO recently, and just want to ask one thing:

Is it worth it to "unlearn" using high sensitivities? I've been playing at 2000 DPI/6.0 sens for a while now and pretty comfortable with it, and I just wanna know if I should just keep practicing with this or should I take my time to scale down.


take your time to scale down, it will be better for you in the long run
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
May 31 2015 18:39 GMT
#440
how do operations work? How do I get a gods and skins skin when Ihave the bloodhound coin
WriterXiao8~~
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 24 73 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 3
Soma vs JaedongLIVE!
Afreeca ASL 15051
StarCastTV_EN342
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 301
Lowko257
ProTech121
Rex 65
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 10284
EffOrt 5342
BeSt 1543
ZerO 1001
Larva 957
Hyuk 884
Horang2 713
Hyun 288
Zeus 238
Killer 194
[ Show more ]
Light 180
Stork 168
Barracks 129
Rush 72
Shinee 43
ToSsGirL 39
Bale 32
Mong 24
Terrorterran 23
PianO 20
Sacsri 19
sorry 12
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
HiyA 9
Noble 7
Dota 2
XaKoH 724
Dendi2
League of Legends
KnowMe38
Counter-Strike
byalli909
Other Games
singsing1855
olofmeister1406
crisheroes251
Sick171
Pyrionflax122
ArmadaUGS50
Mew2King50
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream305
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 193
lovetv 9
StarCraft 2
WardiTV5
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH295
• StrangeGG 34
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1951
• Stunt367
Other Games
• WagamamaTV174
Upcoming Events
WardiTV Weekly
14m
Rex65
Monday Night Weeklies
5h 14m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 14m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 14m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 13h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.