• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:40
CEST 13:40
KST 20:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7868 users

Simple Questions, Simple Answers - Page 21

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 73 Next
Nimix
Profile Joined October 2011
France1809 Posts
May 24 2015 20:00 GMT
#401
On May 25 2015 02:23 Durak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 22 2015 09:10 FFGenerations wrote:
im not serious and im not going to change my mouse positioning

...

what mouse sensitivity would you recommend for a beginner to play around? i think i lowered mine to 2.8 or 3. oh its on 2.53 atm


I hold the mouse the same way as you and I play at 3 sensitivity+400 DPI. My sensitivity is probably still too high but I can do fine at LEM.

Is there any thread that list pro's crosshairs?

Many pros play at 3@400, shoxie, xizt, forest, hiko... It's on the high end though.
xxsaznpride
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States506 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-24 20:29:39
May 24 2015 20:15 GMT
#402
There's an excel sheet somewhere with a lot of them listed.

My question:
I need a new mouse 'cause my Diamondback 3G is shitting itself after 8 years of service. The left click is fucky and the scroll wheel is broken.

Should playing with Raw Input on affect my decision concerning a new mouse?

Quite frankly, I have no idea how anything like default DPI and whatnot will matter after a new mouse, and I plan on so any help would be appreciated.

edit: the more I google this, the more I want to play with rinput off... what do you guys say?
“Life is too short to embrace a woman I don’t love. I also think a woman’s life is too short to be embraced by a man she doesn’t love.” | CSGO: Cure Moonlight
Latringuden
Profile Joined September 2011
Sweden79 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-25 09:30:55
May 25 2015 09:26 GMT
#403
Playing with raw input off just adds the factor of your windows mouse settings into the game. There's really no need for that since it makes it harder for you to find the exact same settings if you'd ever change computer/go on a lan. Adren has a good video of how it works here:



Tbh though: whatever works works. Don't change settings too much.
xxsaznpride
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States506 Posts
May 26 2015 08:14 GMT
#404
Got me a new mouse and all, but watching that made me realize that I've been playing 1800dpi 1.5sens all this time, which made getting all the numbers right on this new one a lot easier. Thanks, Latringuden.
“Life is too short to embrace a woman I don’t love. I also think a woman’s life is too short to be embraced by a man she doesn’t love.” | CSGO: Cure Moonlight
decemberscalm
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States1353 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-27 09:12:48
May 27 2015 09:09 GMT
#405
On May 25 2015 18:26 Latringuden wrote:
Playing with raw input off just adds the factor of your windows mouse settings into the game. There's really no need for that since it makes it harder for you to find the exact same settings if you'd ever change computer/go on a lan. Adren has a good video of how it works here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq856vTnbVU

Tbh though: whatever works works. Don't change settings too much.

From what I've been reading up in random tidbits I can find its not true only hardware input. There is a small amount of smoothing that is added when raw is on.

From the csgo pro player sens spreadsheet there doesn't seem to be a unanimous turn it off or on agreement either. Pretty split there.

If you make sure windows is 6/11, enhanced pointer precision off, and know for a fact your csgo isn't going to dip in frames sub mouse rate I figure its better to leave it off from what I've understood it does. In an effort to eliminate as many possible interruptions.
MassHysteria
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3678 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-27 18:57:54
May 27 2015 18:57 GMT
#406
On May 27 2015 18:09 decemberscalm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2015 18:26 Latringuden wrote:
Playing with raw input off just adds the factor of your windows mouse settings into the game. There's really no need for that since it makes it harder for you to find the exact same settings if you'd ever change computer/go on a lan. Adren has a good video of how it works here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq856vTnbVU

Tbh though: whatever works works. Don't change settings too much.

From what I've been reading up in random tidbits I can find its not true only hardware input. There is a small amount of smoothing that is added when raw is on.

From the csgo pro player sens spreadsheet there doesn't seem to be a unanimous turn it off or on agreement either. Pretty split there.

If you make sure windows is 6/11, enhanced pointer precision off, and know for a fact your csgo isn't going to dip in frames sub mouse rate I figure its better to leave it off from what I've understood it does. In an effort to eliminate as many possible interruptions.

I agree. I find my aim is better with it off. And I used it on for like 6 months.

Plus, if Get_right says its bugged (even if he was kidding idk), I am going with his opinion =P.
"Just ban all the J's...even jinklejoes" --unnamed source
Souma
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2nd Worst City in CA8938 Posts
May 27 2015 19:20 GMT
#407
The smoothing that is applied with raw input on is horrible at least on my end. Made me turn it off.
Writer
Absurd Bunny
Profile Joined June 2011
168 Posts
May 28 2015 00:54 GMT
#408
What's the best way for me to trade a knife without getting scammed? Say I see an offer I like on csgolounge, find the user and message him on steam and trade with him there I can't get scammed or tricked like that right?
justiceknight
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Singapore5741 Posts
May 29 2015 05:35 GMT
#409
just started csgo, is it possible to change how the "buy list" display to 1.6 style? I mean its in circular shape now, i wan to make it into a list. Is that possible?
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-29 05:44:12
May 29 2015 05:41 GMT
#410
On May 29 2015 14:35 justiceknight wrote:
just started csgo, is it possible to change how the "buy list" display to 1.6 style? I mean its in circular shape now, i wan to make it into a list. Is that possible?

Unfortunately, no.
On May 28 2015 09:54 Absurd Bunny wrote:
What's the best way for me to trade a knife without getting scammed? Say I see an offer I like on csgolounge, find the user and message him on steam and trade with him there I can't get scammed or tricked like that right?

Find an offer you like, send steam offer, or have him send steam offer, double check everything being traded before you confirm. Don't add him on steam/click any links he may send on steam messages.

Personally, I think all the trading in csgl and csgo in general is a giant scam. People blatantly only "paying 80% market price else they'll ban/-rep/report you" for an item, is so fucked up.

If you don't want to be scammed, be the one that puts out the offer, and lowball the assholes that trade on csgl yourself.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
BravoScripT.DK
Profile Joined July 2010
Denmark230 Posts
May 29 2015 09:02 GMT
#411
Me any my friends are having some fun (supreme to silver ranks) in 5v5.
Does any1 know an easy way of playing a sound over the microphone by a keybind, ex numbad 1-9, 9 different sounds?
Zerg all the wayz
Latringuden
Profile Joined September 2011
Sweden79 Posts
May 29 2015 10:04 GMT
#412
On May 29 2015 14:35 justiceknight wrote:
just started csgo, is it possible to change how the "buy list" display to 1.6 style? I mean its in circular shape now, i wan to make it into a list. Is that possible?


you can still buy with the numbers as in 1.6 though (but you probably already knew this). I will never understand why/how people buy with their mouse....
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
May 29 2015 10:45 GMT
#413
On May 29 2015 19:04 Latringuden wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2015 14:35 justiceknight wrote:
just started csgo, is it possible to change how the "buy list" display to 1.6 style? I mean its in circular shape now, i wan to make it into a list. Is that possible?


you can still buy with the numbers as in 1.6 though (but you probably already knew this). I will never understand why/how people buy with their mouse....

You can't press "o" to quickly go to the equipment menu to buy nades. Which was really annoying when I first started. Eventually I just made binds to buy the main stuff I needed. For select stuff, I don't mind/gotten used to, using that buy wheel.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
BravoScripT.DK
Profile Joined July 2010
Denmark230 Posts
May 29 2015 11:43 GMT
#414
On May 29 2015 19:04 Latringuden wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2015 14:35 justiceknight wrote:
just started csgo, is it possible to change how the "buy list" display to 1.6 style? I mean its in circular shape now, i wan to make it into a list. Is that possible?


you can still buy with the numbers as in 1.6 though (but you probably already knew this). I will never understand why/how people buy with their mouse....


I mix it up with buying with numbers and mouse. After 3k+ hours in cs vanillia -> 1.6, some of the cs 1.6 era bindings are stuck in my head. I buy nades with mouse, and nearly always rifles/pistols with numbers.

This is from a guy with supreme before the last ban waves, but only 300hours of CSGO, I guess I just need to play more or as you suggested use binds.
Zerg all the wayz
StoreAndersFN
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark2 Posts
May 29 2015 14:11 GMT
#415
I've recently started watching pro CS:GO matches and I often hear the casters use the term "Pop flash". What does the "Pop" mean, and how is a "pop flash" different from just a normal flash grenade?
NihiLStarcraft
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Denmark1413 Posts
May 29 2015 14:18 GMT
#416
A pop flash is a flash that the enemy can't see before it 'pops'. If you've ever seen someone throw a flash at you and you saw it miles ahead flying into your vision and were able to turn your vision away, that's what you can't do when you're up against a pop flash.
StoreAndersFN
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark2 Posts
May 29 2015 14:48 GMT
#417
Ah, makes sense. Thanks!
-Celestial-
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom3867 Posts
May 29 2015 16:46 GMT
#418
Interesting stuff on the DPI/sensitivity combos mentioned in here.

I've been doing reasonably well in games using what I imagine will seem to be insane to people here: 800 DPI 12.5 sensitivity. Like FFGenerations I'm a wrist-player, using just my fingers and minor hand movements to shift the mouse around the pad (albeit not with my wrist on the edge of my desk). Maybe I'll do some playing about and see if I can get it better, tried tweaking the settings down a bit but it'll have to be gradual I think, I've gotten very used to being accurate with my current setup already so it'll take time.


@justiceknight: To be honest I was massively thrown off by the menu myself when I first started (coming from Source). You can't change it as far as I can tell, I tried. All I can really recommend is playing a bunch of casual and change up your weapon selections in every round. After a while you start to get a feel for where everything is placed.
"Protoss simultaneously feels unbeatably strong and unwinnably weak." - kcdc
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
May 29 2015 16:47 GMT
#419
Or just be a power user and have binds for buys
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
NihiLStarcraft
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Denmark1413 Posts
May 29 2015 16:49 GMT
#420
On May 30 2015 01:46 -Celestial- wrote:
Interesting stuff on the DPI/sensitivity combos mentioned in here.

I've been doing reasonably well in games using what I imagine will seem to be insane to people here: 800 DPI 12.5 sensitivity. Like FFGenerations I'm a wrist-player, using just my fingers and minor hand movements to shift the mouse around the pad (albeit not with my wrist on the edge of my desk). Maybe I'll do some playing about and see if I can get it better, tried tweaking the settings down a bit but it'll have to be gradual I think, I've gotten very used to being accurate with my current setup already so it'll take time.


That is extremely high indeed. I would suggest turning it down bit by bit until you're in the 800 DPI 2-3 range and see if you don't like that more after a couple of games of DM or something.

On May 30 2015 01:46 -Celestial- wrote:
@justiceknight: To be honest I was massively thrown off by the menu myself when I first started (coming from Source). You can't change it as far as I can tell, I tried. All I can really recommend is playing a bunch of casual and change up your weapon selections in every round. After a while you start to get a feel for where everything is placed.


Yeah, it took me a couple of days coming from 1.5/1.6 to learn the new AK/M4 and kevlar etc. but if you use numbers and keep using numbers it will become second nature soon. I greatly prefer just hitting numbers to buyscripts personally. At least I can only misbuy one item at a time if I misclick a button
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 73 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 822
WardiTV374
OGKoka 121
Rex88
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko329
mouzHeroMarine 315
OGKoka 121
ProTech118
Rex 88
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 3736
EffOrt 1421
Horang2 1243
Larva 1128
BeSt 679
Hyuk 396
ZerO 237
Mini 215
Stork 204
Rush 183
[ Show more ]
Light 160
Soma 158
Zeus 147
Hyun 130
Barracks 108
Killer 105
ggaemo 81
Shinee 48
ToSsGirL 40
Sea.KH 32
Bale 28
Yoon 27
Mong 19
PianO 19
Aegong 17
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
Sacsri 13
sorry 11
Sexy 10
HiyA 9
Noble 9
zelot 6
Dota 2
Dendi1174
BananaSlamJamma115
League of Legends
KnowMe39
Counter-Strike
byalli654
x6flipin434
Other Games
singsing2063
olofmeister1551
XaKoH 315
crisheroes271
Sick222
Pyrionflax145
ArmadaUGS56
Mew2King47
ZerO(Twitch)2
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream512
StarCraft: Brood War
StarCastTV_EN50
lovetv 11
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH298
• StrangeGG 23
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1734
Other Games
• WagamamaTV204
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
4h 21m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h 21m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 21m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 12h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.