• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:51
CEST 04:51
KST 11:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War395.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9001 users

General Discussion - Page 111

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 109 110 111 112 113 176 Next
Please be advised:

We will be closing this General thread in 24 hours. It will remain searchable.

After that we will require new threads to discuss topics.

Questions should go in the stickied Q&A thread, screenshots and PotG will go in the PotG sticky, QQ/Rage/Complaints should go in the QQ/Rage thread. If you want to talk about maps or strategies open a new thread.

Any comments or concerns will be logged please forward them to ZeromuS. This new forum is still fluid so we will try this out. General TL rules will still apply to new threads.
Emnjay808
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States10666 Posts
February 12 2016 07:43 GMT
#2201
Im sad the Reaper skins are so ugly. Surely blizz can do a lot of a better job than making non-canon skins like League... sigh...
Skol
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17925 Posts
February 12 2016 15:53 GMT
#2202
in the patch notes i noticed this
"Jeff Kaplan’s beard progression has been reset"

i guess Kaplan was growing his "release candidate milestone beard". it'll be hilarious if he starts growing another beard and people begin using that as a clue that the game's release is imminent.
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
Dangermousecatdog
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom7084 Posts
February 12 2016 18:53 GMT
#2203
On February 12 2016 04:07 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2016 03:12 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
though I am curious as to why you convulate yourself to describe Overwatch as not a ScFi universe. No one cares or disputes the time setting of Starcraft or Overwatch.


its in my first couple of posts on Feb. 12 ; i answered it myself when i found Blizzard's quote about "a near future earth". the actual year #s in the lore are congruent with Blizzard's descriptive terms.

So basically you have a hard on for actiblizzard and you'll lose all cognitive functions.
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17925 Posts
February 13 2016 17:47 GMT
#2204
On February 13 2016 03:53 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2016 04:07 JimmyJRaynor wrote:
On February 12 2016 03:12 Dangermousecatdog wrote:
though I am curious as to why you convulate yourself to describe Overwatch as not a ScFi universe. No one cares or disputes the time setting of Starcraft or Overwatch.


its in my first couple of posts on Feb. 12 ; i answered it myself when i found Blizzard's quote about "a near future earth". the actual year #s in the lore are congruent with Blizzard's descriptive terms.

So basically you have a hard on for actiblizzard and you'll lose all cognitive functions.


Blizzard writes the lore.
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
yookstah
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia655 Posts
February 15 2016 01:36 GMT
#2205
A lot needs to change in this game for it to be less aids, especially in comp.
"I'm saying that you are all the time aggressive. I say to you choose situations to be aggressive and not aggressive. I'm talking it" - Cooller
aksfjh
Profile Joined November 2010
United States4853 Posts
February 15 2016 03:42 GMT
#2206
I really want some sort of punishment for game leaving, like a timeout or something. It might reduce the number of times I solo queue into a game that has 1 minute left with 3 new players joining in...
thePunGun
Profile Blog Joined January 2016
598 Posts
February 15 2016 08:32 GMT
#2207
On February 15 2016 12:42 aksfjh wrote:
I really want some sort of punishment for game leaving, like a timeout or something. It might reduce the number of times I solo queue into a game that has 1 minute left with 3 new players joining in...


I'm sure whoever wants to leave the game, will just leave...
Sadly a punishment will not change that. But in my experience new players join rather quickly...
"You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him find it within himself."
JimmyJRaynor
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada17925 Posts
February 15 2016 10:27 GMT
#2208
with all these custom rule sets i'd like a rule that any player that drops is replaced by an AI of a certain level of play.
Ray Kassar To David Crane : "you're no more important to Atari than the factory workers assembling the cartridges"
Velr
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Switzerland10964 Posts
February 15 2016 12:21 GMT
#2209
On February 15 2016 17:32 thePunGun wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 15 2016 12:42 aksfjh wrote:
I really want some sort of punishment for game leaving, like a timeout or something. It might reduce the number of times I solo queue into a game that has 1 minute left with 3 new players joining in...


I'm sure whoever wants to leave the game, will just leave...
Sadly a punishment will not change that. But in my experience new players join rather quickly...


Just lock them out of joining another game for 15 minutes. Congrats leaving is fixed.
Valiver
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Caldeum1977 Posts
February 15 2016 16:44 GMT
#2210
The other problem currently with players leaving is that it's still early in beta and bugs happen frequently. I'm kicked out of games often for no reason, and there's nothing I can do about it. If I get a 15min timeout for that I'd be pretty pissed. In the future I'm sure there will be penalties for leaving if it gets out of hand, but it's not the time to add that in yet.
Writer
ZasZ.
Profile Joined May 2010
United States2911 Posts
February 15 2016 17:03 GMT
#2211
Well, I finally got into the beta when it reopened and I have to say I am pleasantly surprised by Overwatch. It was fun to watch streamers and the like, but I haven't been sucked into an FPS since CS 1.6 over 10 years ago and I didn't expect that to change here. I was wrong! It's a lot of fun and I find myself wanting to get good, which is something I've only experienced in the last 5 years with SC2, Dota2, and Rocket League.

I find myself with balance complaints, but since I am so new I tend to chalk that up to inexperience rather than game balance. I like to think a lot will change before release, but given that Spring 2016 is their timeline that's probably not true. Like many others, the biggest weakness IMO is game mode variety. So far the number of maps seems to be adequate, especially if they add more over time, but the game modes are very similar for the most part and not very inspired. Given all that they have done creatively with the character designs, it's a little strange that the game modes are so bland.

I had this problem with Dota2 as well, but my biggest struggle so far is identifying strong team compositions and specific hero counters. Aside from Reddit, are there any good places to find discussion of Overwatch strategy?
imJealous
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1382 Posts
February 15 2016 18:33 GMT
#2212
On February 12 2016 16:43 Emnjay808 wrote:
Im sad the Reaper skins are so ugly. Surely blizz can do a lot of a better job than making non-canon skins like League... sigh...

What? The Mariachi skin is awesome!

Regarding the discussion about timing out early leavers... Evolve put in a 60 second time out and that alone had a noticeable impact in that game... You might be surprised how much that little psychological incentive can make a difference.
... In life very little goes right. "Right" meaning the way one expected and the way one wanted it. One has no right to want or expect anything.
HammerKick
Profile Blog Joined May 2013
France6190 Posts
February 15 2016 19:57 GMT
#2213
got the beta, the game is fucking amazing, but I have one issue

it's the engineer dwarf, torbjrorn

The turret has an instant reaction to anyone coming in his sight, and his range is absurdly long to the point that it can be in range of a widowmaker trying to snipe it from afar.
What do you think?
Well, it's high noon somewhere in the world
Valiver
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Caldeum1977 Posts
February 15 2016 20:11 GMT
#2214
On February 16 2016 04:57 HammerKick wrote:
got the beta, the game is fucking amazing, but I have one issue

it's the engineer dwarf, torbjrorn

The turret has an instant reaction to anyone coming in his sight, and his range is absurdly long to the point that it can be in range of a widowmaker trying to snipe it from afar.
What do you think?

It's very strong but possible to counter with a shielding tank mainly. Also if they place it around a corner or behind something you can sometimes hit the barrel of the gun and kill it.
Writer
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
February 15 2016 20:53 GMT
#2215
This game is so fun. I've been itching to play an FPS and this is really scratching it. I think Blizzard has a mega, mega hit on their hands here.
Wat
Tenks
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3104 Posts
February 15 2016 20:54 GMT
#2216
On February 16 2016 04:57 HammerKick wrote:
got the beta, the game is fucking amazing, but I have one issue

it's the engineer dwarf, torbjrorn

The turret has an instant reaction to anyone coming in his sight, and his range is absurdly long to the point that it can be in range of a widowmaker trying to snipe it from afar.
What do you think?


Yeah I think the turret is a tad strong. People will bring up various reactions but almost all of them require a bit of coordination. And thats great. Torb isn't overall too strong but he does require certain responses which makes him very strong in pubs. Heroes that require the opponent to do something specific always can feel pretty strong in pub environments.
Wat
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
February 15 2016 21:59 GMT
#2217
While its fun to basically ground a Pharah with a level 2 turret, its a bit silly that its that accurate on long range. On the other hand if it wouldn't be it would be to weak. You can already dodge it pretty well on long range.
Would go with a bit of damage falloff.

But the Dwarf is damn strong atm. Close Range the dwarf is a killer. Long Range the Turret. And well Ult makes both go insane.

Also Green Skin op. Super well hidden in the bushes.

Overall I think Torbjorn was a bigger Pub Stomb before, and I think he is fine atm. Turret maybe a bit to good against certain Heroes, to weak against others.
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
February 15 2016 22:30 GMT
#2218
why is it called overwatch
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
yookstah
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia655 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-02-15 22:56:05
February 15 2016 22:54 GMT
#2219
On February 16 2016 02:03 ZasZ. wrote:
Well, I finally got into the beta when it reopened and I have to say I am pleasantly surprised by Overwatch. It was fun to watch streamers and the like, but I haven't been sucked into an FPS since CS 1.6 over 10 years ago and I didn't expect that to change here. I was wrong! It's a lot of fun and I find myself wanting to get good, which is something I've only experienced in the last 5 years with SC2, Dota2, and Rocket League.

I find myself with balance complaints, but since I am so new I tend to chalk that up to inexperience rather than game balance. I like to think a lot will change before release, but given that Spring 2016 is their timeline that's probably not true. Like many others, the biggest weakness IMO is game mode variety. So far the number of maps seems to be adequate, especially if they add more over time, but the game modes are very similar for the most part and not very inspired. Given all that they have done creatively with the character designs, it's a little strange that the game modes are so bland.

I had this problem with Dota2 as well, but my biggest struggle so far is identifying strong team compositions and specific hero counters. Aside from Reddit, are there any good places to find discussion of Overwatch strategy?


It's not just because you are 'inexperienced'. Balance is terrible atm - I preferred last beta tbh.

My problem with the game is my potential enjoyment of it. For me, games that are challenging are what I find the most fun, and right now (and looking at it in the future at this rate), this game isn't super challenging.
"I'm saying that you are all the time aggressive. I say to you choose situations to be aggressive and not aggressive. I'm talking it" - Cooller
Enox
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany1667 Posts
February 15 2016 23:06 GMT
#2220
i disagree. becoming really good with heroes like genji, junkrat or tracer seems immensely challenging. imo those 3 seem to have the highest skill cap
If you think it's too hard there are solutions other than asking for a nerf, getting better is the first that comes to mind.
Prev 1 109 110 111 112 113 176 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings66
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 148
PiLiPiLi 31
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2734
ViBE154
Bale 28
Dota 2
monkeys_forever440
NeuroSwarm217
Counter-Strike
summit1g7239
taco 595
Other Games
JimRising 582
WinterStarcraft306
C9.Mang0281
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick998
BasetradeTV154
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 105
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP101
• poizon28 30
• davetesta28
• practicex 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1118
• Shiphtur312
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
7h 10m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
9h 10m
AI Arena Tournament
14h 10m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
16h 10m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Patches Events
1d 12h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.