• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:32
CEST 06:32
KST 13:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9840 users

[MLG] SSBM Anaheim 2014 Day 3 - Page 45

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 74 Next
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-22 03:28:14
June 22 2014 03:27 GMT
#881
doubles is a side event

http://challonge.com/anaheimdoubles
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
Count9
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
China10928 Posts
June 22 2014 03:29 GMT
#882
hotbid couldn't find a friend for doubles?
GranDGranT
Profile Joined April 2011
Sri Lanka2141 Posts
June 22 2014 03:30 GMT
#883
On June 22 2014 12:27 tofucake wrote:
doubles is a side event

http://challonge.com/anaheimdoubles


Nice thanks man.

Also KirbyKaze Duck team? thats gonna be some swag
All Dota 2 casters are bad at their job
Thrillz
Profile Joined May 2012
4313 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-22 03:33:35
June 22 2014 03:30 GMT
#884
On June 22 2014 12:26 frogrubdown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2014 12:24 Thrillz wrote:
On June 22 2014 12:22 frogrubdown wrote:
On June 22 2014 12:18 Thrillz wrote:
On June 22 2014 12:12 Elyvilon wrote:
On June 22 2014 12:07 Thrillz wrote:
M2K percentage would be greater than leffens even he 3-0s colbol then?

I think leffen can get ahead of PPMD if PPMD goes 0-3 though?


No, because PPMD would be 17/8 and even if Leffen 3-0s Colbol than he's 18/9. I think PP still has the higher percentage. Plus in this case Axe would go through because he 3-0'd PP? 16/7. So I think only Axe/M2K/PP can go through.


Game winning percentage is the third tie-breaker, not the first.


Yeah I thought so. But whats then whats h2h match/game winning percentage?


Take all the people that are tied and consider only their games against each other. If one has a better match percentage than all the others in only these games, they win. If none do, go to game percentage (but still only games with other tied players) and do the same thing.

You only go to overall game percentage if neither of these work. As I pointed out above, you wouldn't make it that far in the Axe 3-0's PP scenario.

edit: whoops, that probably didn't actually answer your question. My earlier post is better, but I didn't bother calculating since it seems so clear PP is in the lead by the second measure.


So isn't that head to head that is a catch all in the case of more than 2 tied players? Which means assuming both mango/hbox win vs PPU, Mango owns the tiebreaker? I mean in the limiting case of just 2 tied players, the first two tiebreakers pretty much just means h2h.
frogrubdown
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
1266 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-22 03:33:14
June 22 2014 03:33 GMT
#885
On June 22 2014 12:30 Thrillz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2014 12:26 frogrubdown wrote:
On June 22 2014 12:24 Thrillz wrote:
On June 22 2014 12:22 frogrubdown wrote:
On June 22 2014 12:18 Thrillz wrote:
On June 22 2014 12:12 Elyvilon wrote:
On June 22 2014 12:07 Thrillz wrote:
M2K percentage would be greater than leffens even he 3-0s colbol then?

I think leffen can get ahead of PPMD if PPMD goes 0-3 though?


No, because PPMD would be 17/8 and even if Leffen 3-0s Colbol than he's 18/9. I think PP still has the higher percentage. Plus in this case Axe would go through because he 3-0'd PP? 16/7. So I think only Axe/M2K/PP can go through.


Game winning percentage is the third tie-breaker, not the first.


Yeah I thought so. But whats then whats h2h match/game winning percentage?


Take all the people that are tied and consider only their games against each other. If one has a better match percentage than all the others in only these games, they win. If none do, go to game percentage (but still only games with other tied players) and do the same thing.

You only go to overall game percentage if neither of these work. As I pointed out above, you wouldn't make it that far in the Axe 3-0's PP scenario.

edit: whoops, that probably didn't actually answer your question. My earlier post is better, but I didn't bother calculating since it seems so clear PP is in the lead by the second measure.


So isn't that head to head that is a catch all in the case of more than 2 tied players? Which means assuming both mango/hbox win vs PPU Mango owns the tiebreaker?


I don't know what the bolded part means, but yeah Mango should have the tie-breaker over hbox. I think liquipedia has the wrong tie-breakers since they're showing hbox in second right now.
Thrillz
Profile Joined May 2012
4313 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-22 03:35:40
June 22 2014 03:35 GMT
#886
On June 22 2014 12:33 frogrubdown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2014 12:30 Thrillz wrote:
On June 22 2014 12:26 frogrubdown wrote:
On June 22 2014 12:24 Thrillz wrote:
On June 22 2014 12:22 frogrubdown wrote:
On June 22 2014 12:18 Thrillz wrote:
On June 22 2014 12:12 Elyvilon wrote:
On June 22 2014 12:07 Thrillz wrote:
M2K percentage would be greater than leffens even he 3-0s colbol then?

I think leffen can get ahead of PPMD if PPMD goes 0-3 though?


No, because PPMD would be 17/8 and even if Leffen 3-0s Colbol than he's 18/9. I think PP still has the higher percentage. Plus in this case Axe would go through because he 3-0'd PP? 16/7. So I think only Axe/M2K/PP can go through.


Game winning percentage is the third tie-breaker, not the first.


Yeah I thought so. But whats then whats h2h match/game winning percentage?


Take all the people that are tied and consider only their games against each other. If one has a better match percentage than all the others in only these games, they win. If none do, go to game percentage (but still only games with other tied players) and do the same thing.

You only go to overall game percentage if neither of these work. As I pointed out above, you wouldn't make it that far in the Axe 3-0's PP scenario.

edit: whoops, that probably didn't actually answer your question. My earlier post is better, but I didn't bother calculating since it seems so clear PP is in the lead by the second measure.


So isn't that head to head that is a catch all in the case of more than 2 tied players? Which means assuming both mango/hbox win vs PPU Mango owns the tiebreaker?


I don't know what the bolded part means, but yeah Mango should have the tie-breaker over hbox. I think liquipedia has the wrong tie-breakers since they're showing hbox in second right now.


Yeah what I mean is, it's just Head to Head if there is two players. That simplifies the predictions part so much LOL.
frogrubdown
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
1266 Posts
June 22 2014 03:35 GMT
#887
On June 22 2014 12:35 Thrillz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2014 12:33 frogrubdown wrote:
On June 22 2014 12:30 Thrillz wrote:
On June 22 2014 12:26 frogrubdown wrote:
On June 22 2014 12:24 Thrillz wrote:
On June 22 2014 12:22 frogrubdown wrote:
On June 22 2014 12:18 Thrillz wrote:
On June 22 2014 12:12 Elyvilon wrote:
On June 22 2014 12:07 Thrillz wrote:
M2K percentage would be greater than leffens even he 3-0s colbol then?

I think leffen can get ahead of PPMD if PPMD goes 0-3 though?


No, because PPMD would be 17/8 and even if Leffen 3-0s Colbol than he's 18/9. I think PP still has the higher percentage. Plus in this case Axe would go through because he 3-0'd PP? 16/7. So I think only Axe/M2K/PP can go through.


Game winning percentage is the third tie-breaker, not the first.


Yeah I thought so. But whats then whats h2h match/game winning percentage?


Take all the people that are tied and consider only their games against each other. If one has a better match percentage than all the others in only these games, they win. If none do, go to game percentage (but still only games with other tied players) and do the same thing.

You only go to overall game percentage if neither of these work. As I pointed out above, you wouldn't make it that far in the Axe 3-0's PP scenario.

edit: whoops, that probably didn't actually answer your question. My earlier post is better, but I didn't bother calculating since it seems so clear PP is in the lead by the second measure.


So isn't that head to head that is a catch all in the case of more than 2 tied players? Which means assuming both mango/hbox win vs PPU Mango owns the tiebreaker?


I don't know what the bolded part means, but yeah Mango should have the tie-breaker over hbox. I think liquipedia has the wrong tie-breakers since they're showing hbox in second right now.


Yeah what I mean is, it's just Head to Head if there is two players.


Yeah
Thrillz
Profile Joined May 2012
4313 Posts
June 22 2014 03:36 GMT
#888
So liquidpedia is wrong, Hbox has not secured 2nd seed, and Leffen is not totally out??
Elyvilon
Profile Joined August 2008
United States13143 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-22 03:38:26
June 22 2014 03:37 GMT
#889
On June 22 2014 12:33 frogrubdown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2014 12:30 Thrillz wrote:
On June 22 2014 12:26 frogrubdown wrote:
On June 22 2014 12:24 Thrillz wrote:
On June 22 2014 12:22 frogrubdown wrote:
On June 22 2014 12:18 Thrillz wrote:
On June 22 2014 12:12 Elyvilon wrote:
On June 22 2014 12:07 Thrillz wrote:
M2K percentage would be greater than leffens even he 3-0s colbol then?

I think leffen can get ahead of PPMD if PPMD goes 0-3 though?


No, because PPMD would be 17/8 and even if Leffen 3-0s Colbol than he's 18/9. I think PP still has the higher percentage. Plus in this case Axe would go through because he 3-0'd PP? 16/7. So I think only Axe/M2K/PP can go through.


Game winning percentage is the third tie-breaker, not the first.


Yeah I thought so. But whats then whats h2h match/game winning percentage?


Take all the people that are tied and consider only their games against each other. If one has a better match percentage than all the others in only these games, they win. If none do, go to game percentage (but still only games with other tied players) and do the same thing.

You only go to overall game percentage if neither of these work. As I pointed out above, you wouldn't make it that far in the Axe 3-0's PP scenario.

edit: whoops, that probably didn't actually answer your question. My earlier post is better, but I didn't bother calculating since it seems so clear PP is in the lead by the second measure.


So isn't that head to head that is a catch all in the case of more than 2 tied players? Which means assuming both mango/hbox win vs PPU Mango owns the tiebreaker?


I don't know what the bolded part means, but yeah Mango should have the tie-breaker over hbox. I think liquipedia has the wrong tie-breakers since they're showing hbox in second right now.

Feel free to update it to be correct

Edit: I've been trying to keep it up with just the matches and failing with that
Liquipedia
Antoine
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States7481 Posts
June 22 2014 03:37 GMT
#890
head to head match is the first tiebreaker, and it'll always be the final breaker if the tie is only between two players. if it's between 3 players then head to head match score could be 1-1 for all of them, in which case they'd go on to the following tiebreakers, or 2-0 1-1 0-2, in which case they'd be ranked in that order.
ModeratorFlash Sea Action Snow Midas | TheStC Ret Tyler MC | RIP 우정호
frogrubdown
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
1266 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-22 03:42:34
June 22 2014 03:39 GMT
#891
On June 22 2014 12:36 Thrillz wrote:
So liquidpedia is wrong, Hbox has not secured 2nd seed, and Leffen is not totally out??


Yes on the first, but I haven't calculated all Leffen scenarios.

edit: I can say that m2k wins a him/Leffen/Axe threeway. It'd go to head to head game, with them at 5-4/4-4/4-5 respectively.
ptbl
Profile Joined January 2011
United States6074 Posts
June 22 2014 03:42 GMT
#892
KDJ is eliminated from the tournament by Larry's Falco.
Don't mind me
Antoine
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States7481 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-22 03:48:19
June 22 2014 03:43 GMT
#893
tiebreak scenarios for group A:

ppmd>axe, axe>remen:
ppmd 6-1, m2k leffen axe all 5-2. ppmd through, m2k 1-1 (5-4), leffen 1-1 (4-4), axe 1-1 (4-5), m2k 2nd

ppmd>axe, remen>axe:
ppmd 6-1, m2k leffen 5-2, m2k>leffen and m2k 2nd
ModeratorFlash Sea Action Snow Midas | TheStC Ret Tyler MC | RIP 우정호
frogrubdown
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
1266 Posts
June 22 2014 03:44 GMT
#894
PP beat Axe? I think that means m2k is through.
Thrillz
Profile Joined May 2012
4313 Posts
June 22 2014 03:44 GMT
#895
On June 22 2014 12:39 frogrubdown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2014 12:36 Thrillz wrote:
So liquidpedia is wrong, Hbox has not secured 2nd seed, and Leffen is not totally out??


Yes on the first, but I haven't calculated all Leffen scenarios.

edit: I can say that m2k wins a him/Leffen/Axe threeway. It'd go to head to head game, with them at 5-4/4-4/4-5 respectively.


Yeah whoever wins between Axe vs PP is first. Then if do tiebreakers with the loser of that.
Thrillz
Profile Joined May 2012
4313 Posts
June 22 2014 03:46 GMT
#896
On June 22 2014 12:44 frogrubdown wrote:
PP beat Axe? I think that means m2k is through.


Apparently Axe was up 2-1? Is it confirmed PP won?
frogrubdown
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
1266 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-22 03:49:00
June 22 2014 03:46 GMT
#897
On June 22 2014 12:46 Thrillz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2014 12:44 frogrubdown wrote:
PP beat Axe? I think that means m2k is through.


Apparently Axe was up 2-1? Is it confirmed PP won?


I'm just going off of liquipedia. They claim 3-2.

edit: mlg bracket agrees.
ffadicted
Profile Joined January 2011
United States3545 Posts
June 22 2014 03:48 GMT
#898
lol this song
SooYoung-Noona!
Antoine
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States7481 Posts
June 22 2014 03:49 GMT
#899
yeah with that ppmd win over axe, that means m2k is through in 2nd
ModeratorFlash Sea Action Snow Midas | TheStC Ret Tyler MC | RIP 우정호
Thrillz
Profile Joined May 2012
4313 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-22 03:55:51
June 22 2014 03:50 GMT
#900
On June 22 2014 12:46 frogrubdown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 22 2014 12:46 Thrillz wrote:
On June 22 2014 12:44 frogrubdown wrote:
PP beat Axe? I think that means m2k is through.


Apparently Axe was up 2-1? Is it confirmed PP won?


I'm just going off of liquipedia. They claim 3-2.

edit: mlg bracket agrees.


So yeah M2K goes through via 2nd tiebreaker. Actually had Axe actually won,regardless the score, it'd be Axe 1st PP 2nd I think. I'm assuming Axe wins Remn of course.
Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 74 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft355
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta73
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft605
PiGStarcraft355
RuFF_SC2 195
StarCraft: Brood War
Stork 153
Horang2 113
Leta 93
Hyuk 47
Bale 14
PianO 13
Icarus 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm193
League of Legends
JimRising 641
Counter-Strike
taco 352
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox725
C9.Mang0280
Westballz29
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor660
Other Games
summit1g9921
Coldzera 814
Sick127
ViBE83
ArmadaUGS31
Liquid`Ken7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick790
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream111
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 90
• Letter1410
• Adnapsc2 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota283
League of Legends
• Lourlo1130
• Stunt364
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
5h 28m
Online Event
6h 28m
FEL
11h 28m
AI Arena Tournament
12h 28m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
14h 28m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
INu's Battles
1d 7h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.