• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:21
CEST 04:21
KST 11:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9442 users

[MLG] SSBM Anaheim 2014 Day 3 - Page 74

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 72 73 74
Nickemwit
Profile Joined December 2007
United States253 Posts
June 26 2014 17:09 GMT
#1461
On June 25 2014 06:02 BrTarolg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 25 2014 05:53 Thrillz wrote:
On June 25 2014 04:22 Elyvilon wrote:
I hated losing to Fox more than to Falco. I would just walk away feeling like, "man, there's nothing I can do, it feels like there's no openings and that he's everywhere at once."


Falco's is worst imo, and to most people I've encounter. Falco can control and take openings and combo you to oblivion much better than Fox. At least with Fox there are instances where you don't feel helpless and you don't get combo to hell.


That changes a lot once you play a really good fox like leffen

When it really changes is when they waveshine my poor race car driver across the stage and finish it with a double shine so you can't DI to grab the ledge =[
Fight Fire with ShrieK
Airking990
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United States193 Posts
June 26 2014 20:18 GMT
#1462
I made this just for Armada
[image loading]

He had RNG on his side, and he still couldn't win
Pulled a few Stitches, a Mr. Saturn, and even a beam sword.
But still, maybe Clash Tournaments is rethinking dropping M2K and Armada
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-26 22:12:41
June 26 2014 22:12 GMT
#1463
On June 27 2014 02:09 ShrieK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 25 2014 06:02 BrTarolg wrote:
On June 25 2014 05:53 Thrillz wrote:
On June 25 2014 04:22 Elyvilon wrote:
I hated losing to Fox more than to Falco. I would just walk away feeling like, "man, there's nothing I can do, it feels like there's no openings and that he's everywhere at once."


Falco's is worst imo, and to most people I've encounter. Falco can control and take openings and combo you to oblivion much better than Fox. At least with Fox there are instances where you don't feel helpless and you don't get combo to hell.


That changes a lot once you play a really good fox like leffen

When it really changes is when they waveshine my poor race car driver across the stage and finish it with a double shine so you can't DI to grab the ledge =[


I'm pretty sure the second shine won't hit if you DI the first shine away but yea it's pretty hard. Also you can smashDI to make them not shine you towards the edge.
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
Nickemwit
Profile Joined December 2007
United States253 Posts
June 26 2014 23:55 GMT
#1464
On June 27 2014 07:12 Zoler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2014 02:09 ShrieK wrote:
On June 25 2014 06:02 BrTarolg wrote:
On June 25 2014 05:53 Thrillz wrote:
On June 25 2014 04:22 Elyvilon wrote:
I hated losing to Fox more than to Falco. I would just walk away feeling like, "man, there's nothing I can do, it feels like there's no openings and that he's everywhere at once."


Falco's is worst imo, and to most people I've encounter. Falco can control and take openings and combo you to oblivion much better than Fox. At least with Fox there are instances where you don't feel helpless and you don't get combo to hell.


That changes a lot once you play a really good fox like leffen

When it really changes is when they waveshine my poor race car driver across the stage and finish it with a double shine so you can't DI to grab the ledge =[


I'm pretty sure the second shine won't hit if you DI the first shine away but yea it's pretty hard. Also you can smashDI to make them not shine you towards the edge.

I feel like SDI hardly ever gets me out of waveshines, but I'll keep trying! I'm not sure how feasible it is for me to (s)di the first shine away near the edge though. Generally I am going to be holding the direction to grab the ledge for a single shine or tech in case then dsmash me. Once waveshine --> double shine at the edge becomes standard, I'm sure it will be easier to anticipate to try to get (s)di correct though.
Fight Fire with ShrieK
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-06-27 02:33:19
June 27 2014 02:32 GMT
#1465
On June 27 2014 08:55 ShrieK wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2014 07:12 Zoler wrote:
On June 27 2014 02:09 ShrieK wrote:
On June 25 2014 06:02 BrTarolg wrote:
On June 25 2014 05:53 Thrillz wrote:
On June 25 2014 04:22 Elyvilon wrote:
I hated losing to Fox more than to Falco. I would just walk away feeling like, "man, there's nothing I can do, it feels like there's no openings and that he's everywhere at once."


Falco's is worst imo, and to most people I've encounter. Falco can control and take openings and combo you to oblivion much better than Fox. At least with Fox there are instances where you don't feel helpless and you don't get combo to hell.


That changes a lot once you play a really good fox like leffen

When it really changes is when they waveshine my poor race car driver across the stage and finish it with a double shine so you can't DI to grab the ledge =[


I'm pretty sure the second shine won't hit if you DI the first shine away but yea it's pretty hard. Also you can smashDI to make them not shine you towards the edge.

I feel like SDI hardly ever gets me out of waveshines, but I'll keep trying! I'm not sure how feasible it is for me to (s)di the first shine away near the edge though. Generally I am going to be holding the direction to grab the ledge for a single shine or tech in case then dsmash me. Once waveshine --> double shine at the edge becomes standard, I'm sure it will be easier to anticipate to try to get (s)di correct though.


The thing is, to be able to cover SDI away on a shine you need to do a full wavedash as Fox, but if the opponent instead SDI's inwards you want to do a shorter wavedash. It's not really possible to react to it so most Fox players just go for the full wavedash and when you SDI it inwards most just fail the combo or go for something easy like an utilt or something.

SDI itself doesn't get you out of it, but by mixing up SDI you will usually get out.
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19257 Posts
June 27 2014 14:39 GMT
#1466
You can do a short wavedash and walk forward and still hit all of the waveshines.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
June 27 2014 14:57 GMT
#1467
On June 27 2014 23:39 tofucake wrote:
You can do a short wavedash and walk forward and still hit all of the waveshines.


Definitely not, unless I'm missing something.
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19257 Posts
June 27 2014 15:07 GMT
#1468
It would seem you are.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
Zoler
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Sweden6339 Posts
June 27 2014 18:21 GMT
#1469
On June 28 2014 00:07 tofucake wrote:
It would seem you are.


I just tried it to make sure and I was right. You always need to do a full length wavedash to waveshine, there is no way you can do a short wavedash and catch a SDI away.
Lim Yo Hwan forever!
1godless
Profile Joined August 2011
United States247 Posts
June 30 2014 05:30 GMT
#1470
Is there a collection of comprehensive vods out there? I've found some on youtube, but nothing MLG official. I'd really like to support this tournament by watching them on a site where MLG can benefit
The enemy's throne is down
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
June 30 2014 06:45 GMT
#1471
On June 30 2014 14:30 1godless wrote:
Is there a collection of comprehensive vods out there? I've found some on youtube, but nothing MLG official. I'd really like to support this tournament by watching them on a site where MLG can benefit


MLG messed up and lost all the VODs. Luckily someone else had been recording so they'll be up tomorrow, hopefully.
Flameberger
Profile Joined March 2010
United States227 Posts
June 30 2014 23:34 GMT
#1472
On June 30 2014 14:30 1godless wrote:
Is there a collection of comprehensive vods out there? I've found some on youtube, but nothing MLG official. I'd really like to support this tournament by watching them on a site where MLG can benefit


Here is their youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MLGSmash/videos
As for the lost vods, I don't know what the story is but just a couple hours ago they uploaded some of the bracket play. Hopefully that's a sign that they will all be up soon.
Prev 1 72 73 74
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings97
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta26
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 276
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10860
Dota 2
monkeys_forever854
NeuroSwarm180
febbydoto48
League of Legends
Doublelift6085
JimRising 662
Counter-Strike
minikerr32
taco 12
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox886
Mew2King37
Other Games
summit1g9620
Maynarde206
ArmadaUGS58
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick400
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 11
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 208
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo453
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 39m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
8h 39m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 39m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.