• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:40
CEST 15:40
KST 22:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9398 users

[GUIDE] How to play Melee ONLINE - Page 3

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Shameless advertising for #tl-smash on Quakenet where you can find more TLers to play online with!
Carnivorous Sheep
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Baa?21247 Posts
April 03 2014 15:30 GMT
#41
The triggers on the white one are a bit hard to press have to really make an effort or I miss a lot of L cancels cause it doesn't get pressed down enough.

+ Show Spoiler +
Ah who am I kidding I'd miss them anyways

TranslatorBaa!
TylerThaCreator
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States906 Posts
April 03 2014 15:49 GMT
#42
i have a PC with the following specs: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1pPHv

is my dated videocard causing me to have some slight fps slowdowns at 1920x1080 resolution fullscreen? I've been toying around with speedhacks and various settings to try and maintain constant 60 fps but i do have some issues
aka SethN
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
April 03 2014 18:01 GMT
#43
On March 26 2014 10:50 Aylear wrote:
For those not (or at least those in Norway), the equipment linked were precisely the ones that could not be shipped to Norway. If I find a good alternative I'll post about it here.

I tried to order both from amazon.com (US) and amazon.jp.com (JP) because even with 20 bucks shipping it would have been cheaper than the german one. For some reason the exact same controller is a bunch more expensive on german amazon.
Anyways, ended up with the same issue. The controller (for me only the controller) wasn't shipable so I ended up ordering from amazon.de (GER) and that did work because duh, I'm from Germany.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
sc4k
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United Kingdom5454 Posts
April 03 2014 19:05 GMT
#44
Does anyone know if you use two of those mayflash 2-controller adapters whether or not you can play 4 player?
Xeofreestyler
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
Belgium6786 Posts
April 03 2014 20:11 GMT
#45
yup

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-4-player-super-smash-bros-melee
Graphics
sc4k
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United Kingdom5454 Posts
April 04 2014 13:24 GMT
#46
THanks Xeo. I set it all up, and I had an absolute blast playing ridler from holland. Everyone get smash online right now!!!! Very easy to set up.
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
April 05 2014 12:11 GMT
#47
Can someone tell me what the treshhold and Radius things do in the GC-pad settings? You linked this pic in the OP (http://i.imgur.com/4jxFev4.png) and it has everything on either 100% or 0% (noone cares about D-pad) and I got a link somewhere else where those radius' where on 70% and the treshhold for L and R as well I think. What's up with that?
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
Kyuukyuu
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada6263 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-05 19:52:31
April 05 2014 19:51 GMT
#48
Radius = range of input control. Should def be 100 unless your controller really sucks

Dead zone = basically looseness of your analog stick. worn controllers usually have some wiggle room in the neutral where you can move the stick but nothing happens. the looser it is the higher the dead zone (since you don't want to have it accidentally walk the other way due to being loose). Mine is at 8 or so

Threshold = I assume this is how hard you press on the shoulder buttons before they register an analog input. Mine is not at 0 for this

edit: also, anyone on the west coast want to play? i just bought an adapter for no real reason, would be fun
Spazer
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada8036 Posts
April 05 2014 21:24 GMT
#49
Threshold is how hard you press on the shoulder buttons before it registers a digital input. It simulates the button click when you fully depress a GC controller's trigger. It's useful for full analog triggers like the xbox controller, and is arguably useless for actual GC controllers.
Liquipedia
rebuffering
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada2436 Posts
April 06 2014 08:21 GMT
#50
Man i have to say, even playing with a friend on the West Coast (im on East), with 90ms, it was still SO MUCH FUNNN! It would lagg pretty bad sometimes, but for the most part was actually surprisingly smooth. Does anyone know what the buffer should be? Someone i played VS said to add +1 to the buffer for every 17ms, is this accurate? Also, if it was lagging really bad, would the buffer help that at all? I noticed it lagged i little less when raising the buffer for the 90ms we were getting, but it could have just been my friends PC being too slow or something. Anyways, so fucking good, thanks for bringing this to my attention! GG GL
http://www.twitch.tv/rebufferingg
Toadesstern
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Germany16350 Posts
April 06 2014 09:25 GMT
#51
Thanks, no idea if it was because of that weird radius setting but I have a lot less "wtf why didn't I dash instead of walking" moments.
<Elem> >toad in charge of judging lewdness <Elem> how bad can it be <Elem> also wew, that is actually p lewd.
DanceSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States751 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-06 15:14:49
April 06 2014 13:52 GMT
#52
Could I use an xbox controller instead of the gc + adapter?

Edit: Yes you can!!! Just did it and it works well.
Only problem I am having now is sensitivity issues, where I can barely do an up attack without jumping and pressing down B will sometimes do an over be attack. Not to mention the credit shooting was impossible.
Dance.943 || "I think he's just going to lose. There's only so many ways you can lose. And he's going to make some kind of units. And I'm going to attack him, and then all his stuff is going to die. That's about the best prediction that I can make" - NonY
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
April 06 2014 16:14 GMT
#53
On March 24 2014 16:38 bo1b wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 24 2014 16:33 Firebolt145 wrote:
I hear a lot about how ping has a huge impact when playing online. From the UK, what countries can I play with to have any 'reasonable' ping? For example, is it possible to play a decent game with people from the US East Coast, or am I restricted to EU countries, or worse still just the UK? For what it's worth, in Dota I get ~120-150 ping to East Coast, and ~70 ping to EU.

You can get away with ping in rts/moba games because precision isn't super important past a certain point. It's so important in melee, that people won't use lcds because there will be a frames lag or so, which is equal to 16.66... ms. Realisticly, playing on a computer (lcd, so a frames lag at least), with a gamecube adapter (almost certainly input lag), over the internet is super limiting as to where you can play. Overseas is a no go, and I'd even argue that 40ms of lag is getting too high to make it worthwhile.

Imo you want to play as close to someone as possible.

lcds seriously aren't just a frame of lag. It's enormous amount of lag. It's completely unplayable with an lcd, and I have no problems playing street fighter or king of fighters online.


BTW I don't think other types of controllers would really work, GC's triggers and the control stick are somewhat special.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Spazer
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada8036 Posts
April 06 2014 18:21 GMT
#54
Xbox controllers work fine. An analog stick is an analog stick, and threshold means the triggers are emulated just fine.
Liquipedia
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
April 06 2014 19:09 GMT
#55
Hm that so? When I tried my gamepad with SSB64 on emulator I couldn't walk or tilt at all, maybe it's different with xbox controller
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
rebuffering
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada2436 Posts
April 06 2014 20:42 GMT
#56
I can also vouch for the 360 controller working, its very good IMO, although ive never played with a GC controller, so i have no reference point, but it seems to be fine. I also mapped the buttons differently, since ive been conditioned to use A on the 360 controller for jumping since every game in the passed 10 years has been A to jump, i couldn't get used to hitting Y for jumping, was really messing with my head. So i have A for jump, X for attack, and B for smashes? i think its called. Anyways, good times guys, good times!
http://www.twitch.tv/rebufferingg
BrTarolg
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United Kingdom3574 Posts
April 06 2014 22:06 GMT
#57
FYI there is a guy called ridler who only plays with the 360 controller and hes pretty good haha

Though seriously, if you wanna take up smash, play with a GC controller

I'd also lke to testify that whilst i've tested with several pros ranging from 20-50ms, and they all agree it's different and we can all feel the lag instantly, that by no means detracts from the fact you're still playing melee online and it's totally 100% playable and enjoyable and good for both practise and serious play. It's only not good enough for tournament setting pretty much
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-10 12:18:48
April 10 2014 10:56 GMT
#58
Hello ! I have a problem. I've got the mayflash controller adapter, but cant play with it. When I launch dolphin I cant use the controller to do anything. Did anyone had the same problem ?

EDIT : Got it to work ! Thanks to this video.
Jaaaaasper
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
United States10225 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-11 17:29:10
April 11 2014 16:22 GMT
#59
So my controls are set up the right way, they work just fine for set up, no cross ups or anything, but when I get in game all the controls are borked. I'm permashielding, most of my keys are for grabs, except when I'm in the air where everything works correctly. I need a new ISO right?

And I fixed it. No idea how, but I fixed it.
Hey do you want to hear a joke? Chinese production value. | I thought he had a aegis- Ayesee | When did 7ing mad last have a good game, 2012?
yokohama
Profile Joined February 2005
United States1116 Posts
April 18 2014 11:24 GMT
#60
Just ordered a mayflash adapter, I am excited for it to arrive. I hope I don't have too hard of a time playing all the way from Japan though. Does anyone know if I can use a Gamecube disc of Melee instead of having to download an ISO?
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 671
ComeBackTV 529
SteadfastSC346
TaKeTV 256
Rex94
IndyStarCraft 57
EnkiAlexander 37
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 338
ProTech138
Rex 94
IndyStarCraft 52
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44289
Bisu 2364
Horang2 1364
Shuttle 882
EffOrt 783
Hyuk 593
BeSt 553
Soma 509
Mini 387
Light 377
[ Show more ]
Larva 316
Rush 219
ZerO 198
Mong 93
Leta 88
Snow 75
Pusan 55
ToSsGirL 51
Mind 45
Sexy 43
JYJ 34
Aegong 29
Bale 22
sorry 20
Terrorterran 19
Noble 11
Icarus 9
Rock 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
Gorgc6417
Counter-Strike
Fnx 768
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1529
Khaldor1016
Lowko437
Other Games
gofns39209
singsing1995
olofmeister1413
Beastyqt462
hiko452
B2W.Neo431
Livibee210
XaKoH 204
Liquid`VortiX123
Hui .90
Mew2King70
djWHEAT67
ArmadaUGS54
QueenE15
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV173
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream121
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 13
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 27
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2084
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 20m
CranKy Ducklings
20h 20m
Online Event
21h 20m
FEL
1d 2h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 3h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 5h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.