• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:50
CEST 18:50
KST 01:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)57Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8028 users

[GUIDE] How to play Melee ONLINE - Page 2

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Shameless advertising for #tl-smash on Quakenet where you can find more TLers to play online with!
RaGe
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Belgium9950 Posts
March 26 2014 02:16 GMT
#21
On March 26 2014 10:50 Aylear wrote:
For those not (or at least those in Norway), the equipment linked were precisely the ones that could not be shipped to Norway. If I find a good alternative I'll post about it here.

Have you tried german amazon?
Moderatorsometimes I get intimidated by the size of my right testicle
Xeofreestyler
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
Belgium6786 Posts
March 26 2014 02:17 GMT
#22
Aylear if you cant find any solutions I can order one and ship it to you. But do look around a bit first, I don't wanna start doing this for the whole of norway lol
Graphics
Aylear
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Norway3988 Posts
March 26 2014 03:36 GMT
#23
On March 26 2014 11:16 RaGe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2014 10:50 Aylear wrote:
For those not (or at least those in Norway), the equipment linked were precisely the ones that could not be shipped to Norway. If I find a good alternative I'll post about it here.

Have you tried german amazon?

Yep, it's the same across all Amazon retailers; Mayflash adapters cannot be shipped here, nor can the white Nintendo controllers. I'm gonna check on a few more retailers before I give up.

On March 26 2014 11:17 Xeofreestyler wrote:
Aylear if you cant find any solutions I can order one and ship it to you. But do look around a bit first, I don't wanna start doing this for the whole of norway lol

Hahah granted. I appreciate the offer, Xeo. ♥
TL+ Member
Aylear
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Norway3988 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-26 04:54:33
March 26 2014 04:20 GMT
#24
Update & Edit:
Seems like Play Asia has them. Lot of shipping options and overall not that expensive. If Amazon is failing you and you live in Europe, it might be worth checking out.

+ Show Spoiler +

Old update:

Exhausted all things Amazon and online retailers in general. I would definitely need to use eBay for this, which means shipping from Hong Kong where delivery might easily exceed 20 days and be quite expensive. No thanks; not for something I'm not even sure I'll use that frequently.
TL+ Member
Xeofreestyler
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
Belgium6786 Posts
March 26 2014 11:50 GMT
#25
Sweet, let us know when you're set up!
Graphics
TOCHMY
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden1692 Posts
March 26 2014 21:01 GMT
#26
On March 26 2014 12:36 Aylear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2014 11:16 RaGe wrote:
On March 26 2014 10:50 Aylear wrote:
For those not (or at least those in Norway), the equipment linked were precisely the ones that could not be shipped to Norway. If I find a good alternative I'll post about it here.

Have you tried german amazon?

Yep, it's the same across all Amazon retailers; Mayflash adapters cannot be shipped here, nor can the white Nintendo controllers. I'm gonna check on a few more retailers before I give up.

Show nested quote +
On March 26 2014 11:17 Xeofreestyler wrote:
Aylear if you cant find any solutions I can order one and ship it to you. But do look around a bit first, I don't wanna start doing this for the whole of norway lol

Hahah granted. I appreciate the offer, Xeo. ♥


Send an open letter to the norwegian government to join EU so you can get your damn gc controller!
Yoona <3 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Look! It's Totoro! ☉.☉☂
Aylear
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Norway3988 Posts
March 26 2014 22:09 GMT
#27
On March 27 2014 06:01 TOCHMY wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 26 2014 12:36 Aylear wrote:
On March 26 2014 11:16 RaGe wrote:
On March 26 2014 10:50 Aylear wrote:
For those not (or at least those in Norway), the equipment linked were precisely the ones that could not be shipped to Norway. If I find a good alternative I'll post about it here.

Have you tried german amazon?

Yep, it's the same across all Amazon retailers; Mayflash adapters cannot be shipped here, nor can the white Nintendo controllers. I'm gonna check on a few more retailers before I give up.

On March 26 2014 11:17 Xeofreestyler wrote:
Aylear if you cant find any solutions I can order one and ship it to you. But do look around a bit first, I don't wanna start doing this for the whole of norway lol

Hahah granted. I appreciate the offer, Xeo. ♥


Send an open letter to the norwegian government to join EU so you can get your damn gc controller!

Exactly! It's important things like this that will make them open their eyes. =)

Should have my adapter in a couple of days. Here's hoping.
TL+ Member
smashbash
Profile Joined March 2014
6 Posts
April 01 2014 05:01 GMT
#28
My current computer specs are:
2.4 ghz Core2Duo (not overclockable)
1 gb ram
old graphics card (256 mb, directx 9/opengl 2.0 support)

The graphics card didn't support DirectX 10 or OpenGl 3.0, so I couldn't run the latest version of dolphin. Instead I tried an older version and got ~40 fps on single player ssbm.

My question is, would I be able to run netplay ssbm if I upgraded ram and graphics card? (in other words, is my CPU good enough?) I am ok with lower graphic settings if it is necessary, but I want the game to run smoothly.

Thanks.
TylerThaCreator
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States906 Posts
April 01 2014 07:30 GMT
#29
On April 01 2014 14:01 smashbash wrote:
My current computer specs are:
2.4 ghz Core2Duo (not overclockable)
1 gb ram
old graphics card (256 mb, directx 9/opengl 2.0 support)

The graphics card didn't support DirectX 10 or OpenGl 3.0, so I couldn't run the latest version of dolphin. Instead I tried an older version and got ~40 fps on single player ssbm.

My question is, would I be able to run netplay ssbm if I upgraded ram and graphics card? (in other words, is my CPU good enough?) I am ok with lower graphic settings if it is necessary, but I want the game to run smoothly.

Thanks.


Yeah there's no way you're going to be able to have smooth gameplay without a complete upgrade of your computer.
aka SethN
smashbash
Profile Joined March 2014
6 Posts
April 01 2014 13:32 GMT
#30
How about if I had 3.0 ghz? After much research it seems like it IS overclockable. I will add another 2 gigs of Ram and get some decent gpu.
overt
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States9006 Posts
April 01 2014 14:50 GMT
#31
Is it pretty easy to find matches if you live in the states? I'm in Texas and considering setting this up but a little on the fence. Not that the Gamecube controller adapter is expensive or anything but I don't want to spend money on something I won't use.
Xeofreestyler
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
Belgium6786 Posts
April 01 2014 15:39 GMT
#32
Smashbash I'm not entirely sure about the spec reqs. Might wanna look around here

Yeah overt, us regions usually have the most people online. Pretty easy to find games.
Graphics
Ettick
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States2434 Posts
April 01 2014 16:26 GMT
#33
On April 01 2014 23:50 overt wrote:
Is it pretty easy to find matches if you live in the states? I'm in Texas and considering setting this up but a little on the fence. Not that the Gamecube controller adapter is expensive or anything but I don't want to spend money on something I won't use.

I'm pretty sure you can use any controller you want, KDJ was using an Xbox controller.
sc4k
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United Kingdom5454 Posts
April 01 2014 20:07 GMT
#34
This is really fun and worth it.
Ettick
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States2434 Posts
April 02 2014 00:15 GMT
#35
Can't get this to work with OpenGL, is really iffy with Direct3D

Specs: Laptop with an i5 3210M and HD 4000 integrated graphics

Is my PC just not good enough or what?
ZAiNs
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom6525 Posts
April 02 2014 00:42 GMT
#36
On March 26 2014 06:18 Firebolt145 wrote:
For those in the UK, I ended up purchasing the following:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Official-White-Controller-for-GameCube/dp/B0017KIBAI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1395756466&sr=8-1&keywords=gamecube controller
http://www.amazon.co.uk/GameCube-Controller-Adapter-PC-USB/dp/B0089NVTDM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1395756471&sr=8-1&keywords=gamecube controller usb

' "As with all imported packaging, the package will show "USE IN JAPAN ONLY." Please note that the product is 100% compatible with all Wii Consoles '

Careful! Hopefully the police won't track you down.
BrTarolg
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United Kingdom3574 Posts
April 03 2014 11:43 GMT
#37
In europe at least i would say that there are a lot of people skeptical about melee online until they realise just how freakin legit it really is so yeah definitely get on it
RaGe
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
Belgium9950 Posts
April 03 2014 14:00 GMT
#38
On April 02 2014 09:15 Ettick wrote:
Can't get this to work with OpenGL, is really iffy with Direct3D

Specs: Laptop with an i5 3210M and HD 4000 integrated graphics

Is my PC just not good enough or what?


Yeah that seems on the low side of specs :/ I'm sorry
Moderatorsometimes I get intimidated by the size of my right testicle
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
April 03 2014 15:06 GMT
#39
trying to find a controller to buy online (parents probably won't ship my old controllers to me), not sure if its worth spending 30 bucks for an official one but the used ones are pretty sketchy....
:)
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
April 03 2014 15:17 GMT
#40
The $30 white one is nice, I got mine a couple weeks ago.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1165
ComeBackTV 1133
SteadfastSC889
TaKeTV 591
IndyStarCraft 211
Rex139
EnkiAlexander 83
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 823
IndyStarCraft 211
ProTech144
Rex 139
BRAT_OK 34
MindelVK 16
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45470
Shuttle 660
Mini 437
Rush 349
Larva 326
Soma 282
BeSt 196
Hyuk 109
firebathero 84
Dewaltoss 72
[ Show more ]
Mong 65
Sexy 33
ToSsGirL 31
Trap 26
Bale 18
Rock 16
Terrorterran 15
Shine 14
Sacsri 12
Dota 2
Gorgc7964
qojqva1783
Counter-Strike
fl0m1349
Fnx 804
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1398
Khaldor1190
Other Games
hiko1348
FrodaN1184
DeMusliM366
ArmadaUGS186
Livibee177
XBOCT170
KnowMe126
XaKoH 97
C9.Mang086
QueenE83
Mew2King78
Beastyqt78
CosmosSc2 13
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV280
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream71
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 42
• StrangeGG 35
• Hinosc 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 10
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3976
Other Games
• Shiphtur375
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 10m
CranKy Ducklings
17h 10m
Online Event
18h 10m
FEL
23h 10m
AI Arena Tournament
1d
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 2h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 17h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.