• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:26
CEST 13:26
KST 20:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8446 users

Titanfall game - Page 32

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 41 Next All
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
March 28 2014 03:14 GMT
#621
Gens don't mean anything at all. I have seen some really dumb ones.
Get it by your hands...
cLAN.Anax
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United States2847 Posts
March 28 2014 03:57 GMT
#622
They will mean less and less as time goes on, but as mentioned earlier, for these first few weeks, they're a semi-reputable indication of skill from pure experience. Level 50 for life!!
┬─┬___(ツ)_/¯ 彡┻━┻ I am the 4%. "I cant believe i saw ANAL backwards before i saw the word LAN." - Capped
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
March 28 2014 04:16 GMT
#623
On March 28 2014 12:57 cLAN.Anax wrote:
They will mean less and less as time goes on, but as mentioned earlier, for these first few weeks, they're a semi-reputable indication of skill from pure experience. Level 50 for life!!


You say that, but when Gen 7s and 8s are getting stomped, it's really not. It just means they grinded the fuck out of achievements.
Get it by your hands...
cLAN.Anax
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United States2847 Posts
March 28 2014 04:22 GMT
#624
On March 28 2014 13:16 Judicator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 28 2014 12:57 cLAN.Anax wrote:
They will mean less and less as time goes on, but as mentioned earlier, for these first few weeks, they're a semi-reputable indication of skill from pure experience. Level 50 for life!!


You say that, but when Gen 7s and 8s are getting stomped, it's really not. It just means they grinded the fuck out of achievements.


Bad players will still be bad, lol.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
┬─┬___(ツ)_/¯ 彡┻━┻ I am the 4%. "I cant believe i saw ANAL backwards before i saw the word LAN." - Capped
ZapRoffo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5544 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-28 07:55:16
March 28 2014 07:51 GMT
#625
Anyone have any tips for aiming? I'm basically only doing well with the shotgun or smart pistol, I keep missing whole magazines on people with the smgs or the carbine, especially the ones that jump and sprint pretty constantly (the last server I played in for a while had a couple guys doing this with the smart pistol, which seems really strong cause you can build locks while full speed dodging and jumping, and I just wasn't even close to good enough to shoot them down until I switched to one of the two easy weapons.)

I am doing quite well at last titan standing, but of course I find it the least fun, and pilot hunter the most fun probably.

Also my favorite anti-titan weapon is the mag-launcher by far, cause you can just pop off a bunch of grenades real fast and from relative safety to help the titan battling almost any time.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion man
imJealous
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1382 Posts
March 28 2014 08:24 GMT
#626
On March 28 2014 16:51 ZapRoffo wrote:
Anyone have any tips for aiming? I'm basically only doing well with the shotgun or smart pistol, I keep missing whole magazines on people with the smgs or the carbine, especially the ones that jump and sprint pretty constantly (the last server I played in for a while had a couple guys doing this with the smart pistol, which seems really strong cause you can build locks while full speed dodging and jumping, and I just wasn't even close to good enough to shoot them down until I switched to one of the two easy weapons.)

I am doing quite well at last titan standing, but of course I find it the least fun, and pilot hunter the most fun probably.

Also my favorite anti-titan weapon is the mag-launcher by far, cause you can just pop off a bunch of grenades real fast and from relative safety to help the titan battling almost any time.

Consider turning down your mouse sensitivity. If that doesn't help, maybe try playing with the DMR for a while to force yourself to work on your aim. You won't do well, but afterward the carbine will feel much easier to use. Also, maybe you're aiming down sight too often or maybe you're hip-firing too often, try forcing your self to use one or the other for a while and see if you see any situations where it works better than what you were doing before.

I love the mag launcher as well. There are lots of situations where you can get player kills with it too in lieu of grenades.
... In life very little goes right. "Right" meaning the way one expected and the way one wanted it. One has no right to want or expect anything.
Omnishroud
Profile Blog Joined November 2013
1073 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-28 09:57:42
March 28 2014 09:57 GMT
#627
I know plenty of people who dont give a fuck about prestige systems, max level once and sit there with everything unlocked. Im assuming gens arent anything out of the norm of prestige systems in other games. Not really a measurement of skill at all.
Omni = Capped (RIP TL Account) - LoL EUW: Capped92 - EU Bnet: Capped#1137 - Steam: Capped92
Divine-Sneaker
Profile Joined August 2010
Denmark1225 Posts
March 28 2014 10:12 GMT
#628
I actually had no clue what this prestige stuff meant until now. I did play a few CoD games, but they were always too bad to spend enough time on to get to prestige levels. Maybe it's a regular thing, but certainly not in the games I've been playing.
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-28 18:07:42
March 28 2014 18:05 GMT
#629
On March 28 2014 16:51 ZapRoffo wrote:
Anyone have any tips for aiming? I'm basically only doing well with the shotgun or smart pistol, I keep missing whole magazines on people with the smgs or the carbine, especially the ones that jump and sprint pretty constantly (the last server I played in for a while had a couple guys doing this with the smart pistol, which seems really strong cause you can build locks while full speed dodging and jumping, and I just wasn't even close to good enough to shoot them down until I switched to one of the two easy weapons.)

I am doing quite well at last titan standing, but of course I find it the least fun, and pilot hunter the most fun probably.

Also my favorite anti-titan weapon is the mag-launcher by far, cause you can just pop off a bunch of grenades real fast and from relative safety to help the titan battling almost any time.


Find a sensitivity AND mouse setup that works for you comfortably. In this game though, you might want to heavily consider the ability to do at least a 180 uninterrupted. What you could do is to set a baseline mouse sens/dpi and then tweak it bit by bit.

Idiots that jump around without parkouring are easy kills, the jump trajectory can only be changed 2 ways in this game, by going off a wall which is the best since you have wall hang options from there or the second jetpack based jump which is only so-so since you are stuck until you land. So keep that in mind to predict where they are going next. It's less about reacting but more about predicting, you want to pre-aim where they are going to be, and not aim to where they already are.

SMG/Carbine is more about the reloads if you want to be dominant with them, I have ran away from fights that I know I can win because the reload will certainly get me killed. Trading 1 for 1 is weak :D
Get it by your hands...
Zvenn3n
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Sweden1196 Posts
March 28 2014 20:41 GMT
#630
I actually really enjoy the Gen system. Only issue with challenges so far was gooser, and of course they announce they're changing it to 5 instead of 50 the same frickin' day I complete the challenge. Only hope is that I get some form of recognition for it, because that shit was tough =/
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
March 28 2014 21:31 GMT
#631
On March 29 2014 05:41 Zvenn3n wrote:
I actually really enjoy the Gen system. Only issue with challenges so far was gooser, and of course they announce they're changing it to 5 instead of 50 the same frickin' day I complete the challenge. Only hope is that I get some form of recognition for it, because that shit was tough =/


The funny thing about that achievement when I saw it was not if I can pick them ejecting, its what do I for all the dumbfucks who won't eject.

Also, something I hope they fix in the future. It's is too damn easy to melee a pilot attempting to mount you in a Titan, I don't think I have missed once when someone tries to mount.
Get it by your hands...
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6331 Posts
March 28 2014 22:15 GMT
#632
On March 29 2014 06:31 Judicator wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2014 05:41 Zvenn3n wrote:
I actually really enjoy the Gen system. Only issue with challenges so far was gooser, and of course they announce they're changing it to 5 instead of 50 the same frickin' day I complete the challenge. Only hope is that I get some form of recognition for it, because that shit was tough =/


The funny thing about that achievement when I saw it was not if I can pick them ejecting, its what do I for all the dumbfucks who won't eject.

Also, something I hope they fix in the future. It's is too damn easy to melee a pilot attempting to mount you in a Titan, I don't think I have missed once when someone tries to mount.

Yeah the Titan's melee has some really hard aim assist there, you feel this even harder if you play with a controller.
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
imJealous
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1382 Posts
March 29 2014 23:16 GMT
#633
In terms of gun balance they really need to:

1. Reduce the shotgun's rate of fire
2. Reduce the carbines damage at long ranges
3. Prevent the smart pistol from firing without a lock unless aimed down sight
... In life very little goes right. "Right" meaning the way one expected and the way one wanted it. One has no right to want or expect anything.
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6331 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-29 23:33:26
March 29 2014 23:32 GMT
#634
On March 30 2014 08:16 imJealous wrote:
In terms of gun balance they really need to:

1. Reduce the shotgun's rate of fire
2. Reduce the carbines damage at long ranges
3. Prevent the smart pistol from firing without a lock unless aimed down sight

Agree with the Shotgun, for the rest, how about buffing G2A4 and Hemlok instead? Nerfing is never fun. Smart Pistol is fine imo.

Been working on my Gen 4 to 5 challenges, the RE45 challenge is surprisingly easy, this little gun wrecks balls in close range, I manage to get 50 pilot kills in 4 games including a 18-1 stomp purely with it. Now time to move on to the DMR...
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
imJealous
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1382 Posts
March 30 2014 00:34 GMT
#635
Then that would continue to leave the LMG, DMR, and Kraber still needing some tweaks to become relevant. Its a simpler fix to just reduce the carbine's damage at extreme range so there's still a point to the DMR, G2A4, and Hemlok (which I agree does need its own buff regardless). There's no place large enough for you to strategically position yourself outside of carbine range except for a couple niche positions on a couple maps, and you usually can't contribute anything meaningful to your team from those positions anyway. And hell, they could buff the carbine's hip fire accuracy or damage a close range to compensate for all I care.
... In life very little goes right. "Right" meaning the way one expected and the way one wanted it. One has no right to want or expect anything.
Divine-Sneaker
Profile Joined August 2010
Denmark1225 Posts
March 30 2014 00:55 GMT
#636
From my limited playtime so far, I dislike shotgun fallof damage range and rate of fire. How quick the melee attack is for it being an OHK from any angle, smartpistols being too versatile and every motherfucker spamming triple threat in his titan. Those things will just piss me off, other things I feel like I could get less annoyed by if I played more and get more experience in dealing with them.
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6331 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-30 01:23:58
March 30 2014 01:20 GMT
#637
On March 30 2014 09:34 imJealous wrote:
Then that would continue to leave the LMG, DMR, and Kraber still needing some tweaks to become relevant. Its a simpler fix to just reduce the carbine's damage at extreme range so there's still a point to the DMR, G2A4, and Hemlok (which I agree does need its own buff regardless). There's no place large enough for you to strategically position yourself outside of carbine range except for a couple niche positions on a couple maps, and you usually can't contribute anything meaningful to your team from those positions anyway. And hell, they could buff the carbine's hip fire accuracy or damage a close range to compensate for all I care.

The Carbine currently is a 50-40 weapon, which means it's 5 shot kill at long range, lower it to 30 or 35 damage which is 7 shot seems reasonable enough, this also means if you put a suppressor on it will become a 8 shot kill at long range, which is almost useless. But I'd say it's fairly reasonable, Carbines (shorter barrel variation of Assault Rifles, or firing intermediate rounds) are never meant to be used for long range combat even in real life.

For other weapons the LMG is a incredible close range and rodeo weapon, it fits its role well imo, the DMR is tricky but put a AOG on it it's a fairly useful mid range weapon, much better than the entirely embarrassing G2A4. Kraber is completely useless tho, there is no place for a weapon like this in the game.
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
cLAN.Anax
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United States2847 Posts
March 30 2014 01:28 GMT
#638
TB said during the beta that the Kraber managed to do some worthwhile damage to Titans' health. Don't know if that remains the case, but probably not viable given the other primary weapons at everyone's disposal.
┬─┬___(ツ)_/¯ 彡┻━┻ I am the 4%. "I cant believe i saw ANAL backwards before i saw the word LAN." - Capped
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6331 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-30 01:43:01
March 30 2014 01:42 GMT
#639
On March 30 2014 10:28 cLAN.Anax wrote:
TB said during the beta that the Kraber managed to do some worthwhile damage to Titans' health. Don't know if that remains the case, but probably not viable given the other primary weapons at everyone's disposal.

Still useless if not rodeoing. Totally not firing "AP" rounds. It's a 500 damage weapon against human targets but only 200 vs Titans, FYI the Stryder has 5500 health, the Ogre has 10500.
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
ZapRoffo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5544 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-30 07:28:21
March 30 2014 07:25 GMT
#640
On March 30 2014 10:42 digmouse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2014 10:28 cLAN.Anax wrote:
TB said during the beta that the Kraber managed to do some worthwhile damage to Titans' health. Don't know if that remains the case, but probably not viable given the other primary weapons at everyone's disposal.

Still useless if not rodeoing. Totally not firing "AP" rounds. It's a 500 damage weapon against human targets but only 200 vs Titans, FYI the Stryder has 5500 health, the Ogre has 10500.

There's the amped Kraber which has explosive rounds it says, but I don't have one right now to test if it actually does anything decent, and is probably still a terrible card even if it does some damage to speak of. I guess if it's significant damage and you want to go for a full anti-titan loadout, I guess I could see it.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion man
Prev 1 30 31 32 33 34 41 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 921
WardiTV349
OGKoka 90
Liquipedia
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 1
Afreeca ASL 12089
StarCastTV_EN333
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko332
OGKoka 72
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 13981
Bisu 5158
FanTaSy 3897
Jaedong 1469
Shuttle 1068
BeSt 1016
actioN 702
EffOrt 597
Horang2 514
Larva 301
[ Show more ]
Leta 294
Zeus 240
Dewaltoss 121
Barracks 114
Mind 99
Sexy 86
JYJ 78
scan(afreeca) 73
Mong 72
sorry 67
ToSsGirL 57
Shinee 44
sSak 42
Killer 41
Aegong 30
Free 30
Bale 29
soO 24
HiyA 14
Sacsri 11
yabsab 8
Dota 2
XaKoH 353
Dendi283
Counter-Strike
x6flipin209
Other Games
singsing2246
olofmeister1315
B2W.Neo346
crisheroes303
Pyrionflax219
dupreeh124
Livibee112
KnowMe83
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick623
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 203
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1281
Other Games
• WagamamaTV205
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
4h 34m
Replay Cast
11h 34m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 34m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
23h 34m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC S3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.