• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:57
CEST 11:57
KST 18:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6597 users

Titanfall game - Page 34

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 41 Next All
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6331 Posts
April 10 2014 22:34 GMT
#661
I hope they do something to Satchel Charges, kind annoys me that I don't want to play Hardpoint anymore.
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
cLAN.Anax
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United States2847 Posts
April 11 2014 01:33 GMT
#662
Liking those changes. Finally, Private Matches.
┬─┬___(ツ)_/¯ 彡┻━┻ I am the 4%. "I cant believe i saw ANAL backwards before i saw the word LAN." - Capped
ZapRoffo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5544 Posts
April 11 2014 19:43 GMT
#663
Something I just learned that never occurred to me: You can switch your secondary out for another primary that's on the ground, so you can carry a sniper and a shotgun, for example.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion man
HackBenjamin
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada1094 Posts
April 11 2014 20:54 GMT
#664
On April 11 2014 07:34 digmouse wrote:
I hope they do something to Satchel Charges, kind annoys me that I don't want to play Hardpoint anymore.



What's wrong with satchel charges?
ZapRoffo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5544 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-11 21:10:51
April 11 2014 21:08 GMT
#665
On April 12 2014 05:54 HackBenjamin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2014 07:34 digmouse wrote:
I hope they do something to Satchel Charges, kind annoys me that I don't want to play Hardpoint anymore.



What's wrong with satchel charges?


They are freaking overpowered and not fun to play with/against. Miss whole clip? no worries throw satchel, enemy is dead. Enemy goes behind cover? Satchel. Enemy is taking hardpoint? Hide and satchel the point. Enemy is flying through the air near me? Throw satchel in general direction, get kill.

Every subtlety of combat is just like obliterated by satchels. The only skill they take is to not kill yourself with the absurdly huge blast radius.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion man
URfavHO
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States514 Posts
April 11 2014 21:13 GMT
#666
On April 12 2014 06:08 ZapRoffo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 12 2014 05:54 HackBenjamin wrote:
On April 11 2014 07:34 digmouse wrote:
I hope they do something to Satchel Charges, kind annoys me that I don't want to play Hardpoint anymore.



What's wrong with satchel charges?


They are freaking overpowered and not fun to play with/against. Miss whole clip? no worries throw satchel, enemy is dead. Enemy goes behind cover? Satchel. Enemy is taking hardpoint? Hide and satchel the point. Enemy is flying through the air near me? Throw satchel in general direction, get kill.

Every subtlety of combat is just like obliterated by satchels. The only skill they take is to not kill yourself with the absurdly huge blast radius.


In my experience, a lot of people seem to not even try engaging with their primary and will opt to use the satchel first. I find it to be rather annoying.

I think if they just add a longer delay time before being able to detonate would make it fine because a more skillful player could take the satchel player down quicker.
ZapRoffo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5544 Posts
April 11 2014 21:17 GMT
#667
Oh and while also destroying at anti-personnel, they also are the dominant against titans with rodeo, you don't have to stay on it very long and be exposed and you get massive damage.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion man
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6331 Posts
April 13 2014 01:38 GMT
#668
So what is everyone's Burn Card strategy?
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
cLAN.Anax
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United States2847 Posts
April 13 2014 02:07 GMT
#669
Use them as quickly as possible so that there's room for new ones.

Overall, I throw away XP ones because I'm not Genning. I also get rid of cards applicable to weapons I don't use. Spare Titans and time off Titan building I store for when I need them most.

In-game, it depends a lot on the strategy and tactics I want to employ. In Dom, Legs and Stim right off the bat to grab "B." In Attrition, Amped Smart Pistol or Cloak to flank the enemy, rack up Grunt kills, and call in my Titan as soon as possible. In Pilot Hunter, Shotgun. Because... Shotgun.
┬─┬___(ツ)_/¯ 彡┻━┻ I am the 4%. "I cant believe i saw ANAL backwards before i saw the word LAN." - Capped
ZapRoffo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5544 Posts
April 13 2014 03:53 GMT
#670
I just go by feel, like I equip 3 good ones if I really want to win a match and depends on game mode.

On the titan refurbs, I often equip one if I have it but if the first life goes well as a pilot I don't use it, but if I die fast and it seems like our start wasn't so good (and we aren't totally overmatched that it's almost sure to be a bad game, then not worth using) I then call it to try to turn it. 80 sec off titan build time is another I like to equip and then see if there comes a time I could really use that titan in short order. The 40 sec one I sometimes toss or just burn when I don't really care.

Amped weapons I only keep the really good ones: EVA (used for hardpoint/ctf defense/sometimes pilot hunter), Wingman (seriously amped wingman DESTROYS, you shoot 2 shot kills with a match trigger and great hipfire but I've only gotten it like once), Smart Pistol is pretty good (pilot hunter/attrition especially), Archer can turn tides, and the Charge Rifle is really fun.

Rematch I sometimes keep on hand in hardpoint/ctf, can make a really clutch play with it. Maphack is incredible, I use it when I really want to win, and Sat Uplink is almost as good and not rare. Basically I save the good rares somewhat, though not hoarding them necessarily.

Basically a lot of them are suited to one or a couple gametypes and I equip mostly based on that.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion man
udgnim
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8024 Posts
April 13 2014 04:18 GMT
#671
seriously fuck satchel charges

if the first thing someone does in a fight is chuck a satchel charge instead of shoot to kill, then it needs an adjustment

unless FPS now stands for First Person Satchel
E-Sports is competitive video gaming with a spectator fan base. Do not take the word "Sports" literally.
cLAN.Anax
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United States2847 Posts
April 13 2014 05:22 GMT
#672
On April 13 2014 13:18 udgnim wrote:
seriously fuck satchel charges

if the first thing someone does in a fight is chuck a satchel charge instead of shoot to kill, then it needs an adjustment

unless FPS now stands for First Person Satchel


Keep your distance?
┬─┬___(ツ)_/¯ 彡┻━┻ I am the 4%. "I cant believe i saw ANAL backwards before i saw the word LAN." - Capped
ZapRoffo
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5544 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-13 14:40:45
April 13 2014 14:40 GMT
#673
On April 13 2014 14:22 cLAN.Anax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2014 13:18 udgnim wrote:
seriously fuck satchel charges

if the first thing someone does in a fight is chuck a satchel charge instead of shoot to kill, then it needs an adjustment

unless FPS now stands for First Person Satchel


Keep your distance?


That's what I've been doing to deal with the situation, using ranged playstyles with like hemlok/carbine/longbow dmr and paying lots of attention to spacing because satchels make close range frustrating and not fun, but that's not really an answer, all cqc shouldn't be ruined by one ordinance.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, your opinion man
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6331 Posts
April 13 2014 15:36 GMT
#674
Also, Supercharger is broken as fuck in Last Titan Standing.
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
Judicator
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States7270 Posts
April 13 2014 19:05 GMT
#675
On April 13 2014 23:40 ZapRoffo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 13 2014 14:22 cLAN.Anax wrote:
On April 13 2014 13:18 udgnim wrote:
seriously fuck satchel charges

if the first thing someone does in a fight is chuck a satchel charge instead of shoot to kill, then it needs an adjustment

unless FPS now stands for First Person Satchel


Keep your distance?


That's what I've been doing to deal with the situation, using ranged playstyles with like hemlok/carbine/longbow dmr and paying lots of attention to spacing because satchels make close range frustrating and not fun, but that's not really an answer, all cqc shouldn't be ruined by one ordinance.


Or kill them before they do? You can do it and just face rush them.
Get it by your hands...
Divine-Sneaker
Profile Joined August 2010
Denmark1225 Posts
April 13 2014 19:15 GMT
#676
I think the point is that it's just downright dumb that it's even a remotely viable tactic to do so.
Disregard
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
China10252 Posts
April 14 2014 00:35 GMT
#677
So I'm curious why this game had such a quick downfall as I really do not follow it at all. It did look promising but it never enticed me enough to make a purchase.
"If I had to take a drug in order to be free, I'm screwed. Freedom exists in the mind, otherwise it doesn't exist."
cLAN.Anax
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United States2847 Posts
April 14 2014 01:23 GMT
#678
Folks burned out over the repetition without much to look forward to. Little content as compared to other FPS titles. It's got a really high skill ceiling, but you'll unlock everything in a day if you play well and with a team.
┬─┬___(ツ)_/¯ 彡┻━┻ I am the 4%. "I cant believe i saw ANAL backwards before i saw the word LAN." - Capped
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6331 Posts
April 14 2014 12:53 GMT
#679
I don't see it as a downfall actually, competitive FPS is not meant to have a steadily high following, casuals quit games at all times and it's on PC and a newer console which doesn't have much of a install base (X360 exists, I know). As long as there are steady stream of players online that I can find quick games it's ok.
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
hootsushi
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany3468 Posts
April 14 2014 23:28 GMT
#680
I goddamn hate satchel charges with such a passion. I should hunt and kick them the whole game in the face once they start throwing that stupid shit.
Prev 1 32 33 34 35 36 41 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko60
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 6967
actioN 531
BeSt 526
Leta 451
Jaedong 426
FanTaSy 402
Bisu 285
Larva 232
EffOrt 193
Zeus 124
[ Show more ]
sorry 116
Dewaltoss 111
Mong 107
Barracks 71
ToSsGirL 64
Killer 58
scan(afreeca) 58
Free 50
Shinee 39
Aegong 36
sSak 34
soO 31
Bale 30
Horang2 29
NotJumperer 18
yabsab 17
HiyA 15
Sexy 11
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe188
Counter-Strike
byalli883
Other Games
summit1g9221
olofmeister977
singsing813
Pyrionflax237
crisheroes232
KnowMe114
dupreeh47
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
Afreeca ASL 1295
Other Games
gamesdonequick654
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 25
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1078
• Stunt389
Other Games
• WagamamaTV178
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3m
Rush vs Light
StarCastTV_EN21
WardiTV Weekly
1h 3m
Monday Night Weeklies
6h 3m
Replay Cast
13h 3m
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 1h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
OSC
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.