• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:24
CEST 19:24
KST 02:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War255.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8438 users

Pokemon X and Y [3DS] - Page 21

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 200 Next
sns3rsam
Profile Joined September 2012
United States138 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-17 23:53:17
September 17 2013 23:47 GMT
#401
On September 14 2013 16:15 Seiniyta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2013 08:59 sns3rsam wrote:
To be honest I am disappointed with the design of Pyroar as well. Hopefully the in-game sprite has him roaring or snarling haha he isn't big and majestic enough for him to look cool just standing there. And there is the typing as well... it is interesting combo for sure and with intro of Fairy, the meta might be shaken up to the point where fire isn't completely trash anymore but the stealth rock weakness is problem for sure.

On September 13 2013 01:35 VayneAuthority wrote:
looks like a tamed arcanine lolol

For the most part they usually show all the shitty people you get at the beginning, and this guy looks exactly like that. just some guy you might pick up until like the 4th or 5th gym then dump him


Actually it reminded me more of Luxray which I believe is to be some sort of lion/lynx as well. (according to bulbapedia anyways)


Yeah, it also reminds me of Luxray, though this one looks a bit bland compared to the awesome designed Luxray. I think they just wanted to have the bigger feline pokemon in a similar style. Though it doesn't seem to work out so well. I have to say that a lot of the 6th pokemon so far have looked really good. Pyroar I think is one of the few they showed I actually don't like at all.


Yea I hope Pyroar maybe is the middle evo and that there is a third stage they haven't revealed yet haha I don't think they said anything about Pyroar being the final evo at least in this game. Or perhaps a mega evo? Oh well. Maybe in future games... I like the idea of a fire lion and the name is actually pretty cool

On September 17 2013 09:12 Archas wrote:
I am deathly afraid of what douchebaggery a Mega Wobbuffet would be capable of.


LOL

*EDIT: Oh snap I didn't see the leaked pic with the supposed mega evos... Oh well looks like Pyroar doesn't get one :/
"Every Terran same to me... uhhhh ezpz" -DRG // When Life gives you banelings...
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
September 18 2013 00:08 GMT
#402
Pretty much stopped playing pokemon since fire red. What is this mega evolution stuff?
liftlift > tsm
MoonBear
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Straight outta Johto18973 Posts
September 18 2013 00:30 GMT
#403
On September 18 2013 09:08 wei2coolman wrote:
Pretty much stopped playing pokemon since fire red. What is this mega evolution stuff?

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/whats_new/mega_evolution/
ModeratorA dream. Do you have one that has cursed you like that? Or maybe... a wish?
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
September 18 2013 01:31 GMT
#404
Oh god. That is such a silly way to deal with power creep.
liftlift > tsm
MoonBear
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Straight outta Johto18973 Posts
September 18 2013 15:13 GMT
#405
New eShop trailer is out

ModeratorA dream. Do you have one that has cursed you like that? Or maybe... a wish?
sns3rsam
Profile Joined September 2012
United States138 Posts
September 18 2013 19:40 GMT
#406
I just realized after watching that overview trailer that pikachu in the game actually says pika pika when sent out instead of its original cry from the games... Did I hear that wrong?
"Every Terran same to me... uhhhh ezpz" -DRG // When Life gives you banelings...
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
September 19 2013 15:41 GMT
#407
Fossils

Rock/Dragon
[image loading]

Rock/Ice
[image loading]
It's your boy Guzma!
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
September 19 2013 15:49 GMT
#408
Some more news for X and Y:

The evolutions of the Kalos fossil Pokemon have been revealed. The Rock/Ice type Amaura evolves into Aurorus, while the Rock/Dragon type Tyrunt evolves into Tyrantrum.

+ Show Spoiler [Amaura and Aurorus] +
[image loading][image loading]


+ Show Spoiler [Tyrunt and Tyrantrum] +
[image loading][image loading]


Not a whole lot is known about Tyrantrum or Aurorus, seeing as they were only confirmed by the Pokemon Company after Jeux Video leaked it. It is known, however, that Aurorus knows a move called Freeze Dry, which is an Ice-type attack that can freeze the opponent, and will also do super-effective damage to Water-type Pokemon.

It has been confirmed that no Pokemon native to the Kalos region will possess Mega evolutions; only past generations will provide them. Pokemon that participate in a battle where a wild Pokemon is caught will now receive experience points for said participation. It can perhaps be inferred that those involved in the capture will also gain EVs, though that has yet to be determined.
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
September 19 2013 15:52 GMT
#409
Gaining EVs on catching something would actually be kind of annoying.

Oh well, presumably there will be better ways to fine tune EVs to make up for it.
Moderator
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
September 19 2013 15:52 GMT
#410
On September 20 2013 00:49 Archas wrote:
Some more news for X and Y:

The evolutions of the Kalos fossil Pokemon have been revealed. The Rock/Ice type Amaura evolves into Aurorus, while the Rock/Dragon type Tyrunt evolves into Tyrantrum.

+ Show Spoiler [Amaura and Aurorus] +
[image loading][image loading]


+ Show Spoiler [Tyrunt and Tyrantrum] +
[image loading][image loading]


Not a whole lot is known about Tyrantrum or Aurorus, seeing as they were only confirmed by the Pokemon Company after Jeux Video leaked it. It is known, however, that Aurorus knows a move called Freeze Dry, which is an Ice-type attack that can freeze the opponent, and will also do super-effective damage to Water-type Pokemon.

It has been confirmed that no Pokemon native to the Kalos region will possess Mega evolutions; only past generations will provide them. Pokemon that participate in a battle where a wild Pokemon is caught will now receive experience points for said participation. It can perhaps be inferred that those involved in the capture will also gain EVs, though that has yet to be determined.

Holy shit finally
It's your boy Guzma!
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
September 19 2013 15:55 GMT
#411
On September 20 2013 00:52 TheYango wrote:
Gaining EVs on catching something would actually be kind of annoying.

Oh well, presumably there will be better ways to fine tune EVs to make up for it.

It has already been stated that there will be more ways to increase EVs, as well as there being a method of gauging roughly how many EVs a Pokemon has.
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-19 16:06:37
September 19 2013 16:02 GMT
#412
On September 20 2013 00:55 Archas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 20 2013 00:52 TheYango wrote:
Gaining EVs on catching something would actually be kind of annoying.

Oh well, presumably there will be better ways to fine tune EVs to make up for it.

It has already been stated that there will be more ways to increase EVs, as well as there being a method of gauging roughly how many EVs a Pokemon has.

Yeah, but there's been nothing about easily removing/decreasing EVs thus far that I'm aware of.

If I'm trying to catch something in particular, I have to catch it with someone who uses the EVs it gives, whose EV spread I don't particularly care about, or who's already fully EV trained.

Obviously it's not a big deal, but I don't think the XP you get from catching things is either.
Moderator
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-19 16:08:34
September 19 2013 16:06 GMT
#413
On September 20 2013 01:02 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 20 2013 00:55 Archas wrote:
On September 20 2013 00:52 TheYango wrote:
Gaining EVs on catching something would actually be kind of annoying.

Oh well, presumably there will be better ways to fine tune EVs to make up for it.

It has already been stated that there will be more ways to increase EVs, as well as there being a method of gauging roughly how many EVs a Pokemon has.

Yeah, but there's been nothing about easily removing/decreasing EVs thus far that I'm aware of.

If I'm trying to catch something in particular, I have to catch it with someone who uses the EVs it gives, whose EV spread I don't particularly care about, or who's already fully EV trained.

Many people have a "capture pokemon/team" anyway, with False Swipe/Status/Arena Trap/Mean Look/etc, whose EVs they generally don't care about.
It's your boy Guzma!
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-19 16:12:41
September 19 2013 16:10 GMT
#414
On September 20 2013 01:06 Requizen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 20 2013 01:02 TheYango wrote:
On September 20 2013 00:55 Archas wrote:
On September 20 2013 00:52 TheYango wrote:
Gaining EVs on catching something would actually be kind of annoying.

Oh well, presumably there will be better ways to fine tune EVs to make up for it.

It has already been stated that there will be more ways to increase EVs, as well as there being a method of gauging roughly how many EVs a Pokemon has.

Yeah, but there's been nothing about easily removing/decreasing EVs thus far that I'm aware of.

If I'm trying to catch something in particular, I have to catch it with someone who uses the EVs it gives, whose EV spread I don't particularly care about, or who's already fully EV trained.

Many people have a "capture pokemon/team" anyway, with False Swipe/Status/Arena Trap/etc, whose EVs they generally don't care about.

Yes, but it means that anything with EVs you care about *can't participate at all*.

Suppose I had a Pokemon that I was EV training in the first slot, and I run into a 1% rare encounter that I didn't get the first time through, but which would muck up my EVs on the Pokemon I'm EV training. I have to choose between letting it go and needing to fix my EVs? That's just kind of annoying. Obviously it's a pretty minor annoyance, but the XP you'd potentially get from the Pokemon you catch is also a pretty small fraction of the XP you get over the entire game as well.

Obviously the whole thing is not a big deal, but I just don't see it as something to go "Holy shit finally" about when the net improvement isn't that much given the small convenience gained and hassle added.
Moderator
Archas
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States6531 Posts
September 19 2013 16:13 GMT
#415
On September 20 2013 01:02 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 20 2013 00:55 Archas wrote:
On September 20 2013 00:52 TheYango wrote:
Gaining EVs on catching something would actually be kind of annoying.

Oh well, presumably there will be better ways to fine tune EVs to make up for it.

It has already been stated that there will be more ways to increase EVs, as well as there being a method of gauging roughly how many EVs a Pokemon has.

Yeah, but there's been nothing about easily removing/decreasing EVs thus far that I'm aware of.

If I'm trying to catch something in particular, I have to catch it with someone who uses the EVs it gives, whose EV spread I don't particularly care about, or who's already fully EV trained.

Obviously it's not a big deal, but I don't think the XP you get from catching things is either.

I suppose it depends on how accessible Berries are in this generation, as opposed to Gen V relying almost exclusively on the Dream World to produce Berries. If we can once again grow them ingame, EV reduction won't be nearly as annoying as before.

And unless you're using RNG abuse to capture Pokemon (which may not even be possible in this generation), I don't really think that the EVs acquired matter. If you want to raise competitive-ready Pokemon, you'll be breeding them instead of capturing them in the wild... and if you're at the point where you're still capturing Pokemon to add them to your Pokedex/enable breeding of that species, you're probably not at a point where you're actively EV training anyway. I don't know about you, but I would always fully EV train any Pokemon meant for competition before I did anything else with them, to prevent interference of that sort. I honestly don't see EV gains upon capture (assuming it's actually in the game) to be a big deal.
The room is ripe with the stench of bitches!
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
September 19 2013 16:13 GMT
#416
On September 20 2013 01:10 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 20 2013 01:06 Requizen wrote:
On September 20 2013 01:02 TheYango wrote:
On September 20 2013 00:55 Archas wrote:
On September 20 2013 00:52 TheYango wrote:
Gaining EVs on catching something would actually be kind of annoying.

Oh well, presumably there will be better ways to fine tune EVs to make up for it.

It has already been stated that there will be more ways to increase EVs, as well as there being a method of gauging roughly how many EVs a Pokemon has.

Yeah, but there's been nothing about easily removing/decreasing EVs thus far that I'm aware of.

If I'm trying to catch something in particular, I have to catch it with someone who uses the EVs it gives, whose EV spread I don't particularly care about, or who's already fully EV trained.

Many people have a "capture pokemon/team" anyway, with False Swipe/Status/Arena Trap/etc, whose EVs they generally don't care about.

Yes, but it means that anything with EVs you care about *can't participate at all*.

Suppose I had a Pokemon that I was EV training in the first slot, and I run into a 1% rare encounter that I didn't get the first time through, but which would muck up my EVs on the Pokemon I'm EV training. I have to choose between letting it go and needing to fix my EVs? That's just kind of annoying. Obviously it's a pretty minor annoyance, but the XP you'd potentially get from the Pokemon you catch is also a pretty small fraction of the XP you get over the entire game as well.

Overall the whole thing is not a big deal, but I just don't see it as something to go "Holy shit finally" about when the convenience gained and the hassle added are roughly equal.

Hm, good point.

It would be best if the Pokemon in question has to attack/be attacked in order to gain the exp/EVs, so you could switch out as soon as you see the rare without any of the consequences. However, as that isn't how it works with knockouts, I doubt they'll think of that
It's your boy Guzma!
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-19 16:20:13
September 19 2013 16:19 GMT
#417
On September 20 2013 01:13 Archas wrote:
I honestly don't see EV gains upon capture (assuming it's actually in the game) to be a big deal.

I don't either, but I don't see XP gains upon capture to be a big deal either, which is my point.

It's a small gain for a small loss.
Moderator
Drazerk
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom31255 Posts
September 19 2013 16:41 GMT
#418
You could always just spam Xspeeds until it kills the pokemon you are EV training I guess?
Kiett
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States7639 Posts
September 19 2013 16:58 GMT
#419
In earlier generations, getting unwanted EVs was a nightmare, since either the berries were very rare, or they just didn't exist. But in BW2, the shops in Join Avenue made EV perfecting way easy. My avenue was basically just filled with shops that added or removed every EV I wanted

If X/Y has a similar thing going on, that would be nice. It takes a lot off my mind when fighting random trainers. Previous gens, I was constantly like GODDAMMIT it's a geodude i dont want your fucking def EV gg
Writer:o
SixStrings
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
Germany2046 Posts
September 19 2013 17:19 GMT
#420
Jesus analingus-addict Christ, these animations are so sick for a Pokémon-game... Never thought I'd see something like that.
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 200 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 373
ProTech151
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25962
Calm 5168
Light 170
Rush 161
Free 114
Barracks 104
910 91
Zeus 84
Mind 83
Trap 44
[ Show more ]
Hyun 33
Aegong 29
ToSsGirL 26
soO 26
Rock 25
Sexy 14
Sacsri 7
Noble 7
Dota 2
Gorgc9279
XaKoH 363
Counter-Strike
fl0m5647
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby1162
Other Games
singsing2015
FrodaN778
B2W.Neo582
Beastyqt567
mouzStarbuck280
crisheroes276
Livibee186
Hui .161
C9.Mang0133
RotterdaM121
KnowMe95
Trikslyr81
QueenE74
edward25
BRAT_OK 20
MindelVK7
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Dystopia_ 18
• Adnapsc2 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix9
• Michael_bg 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2499
Other Games
• Shiphtur811
• imaqtpie183
Upcoming Events
OSC
5h 36m
Big Brain Bouts
16h 36m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
23h 36m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 1h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 16h
Patches Events
1d 21h
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.