• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:50
CEST 00:50
KST 07:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8846 users

Pokemon X and Y [3DS] - Page 192

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 190 191 192 193 194 200 Next
MoonBear
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Straight outta Johto18973 Posts
February 24 2014 19:37 GMT
#3821
On February 25 2014 04:12 Fazers wrote:
That's the thing though...do I breed a 30 IV stat purely through randomization? Furthermore, is there a way to check the exact IV stats to know whether I got 30 IV in one of my mons without the Instacheck now? I don't know how this can be done, unless you tediously go to the Hidden Power guy to check if the pokemon you want to teach a certain HP is eligible to learn it.

Use a Ditto with the right IV spread for the Hidden Power you want, and breed the correct non-31 onto it and RNG the 31s. Use an IV calculator, IV check person in Kiloude City and HP Person in Anistar City to see if you've RNG'd something flawless.

It helps that in XY the IVs of a Pokemon and Destiny Knot are determined before the parents are placed into the Daycare Centre which creates a way to force certain IVs. See this for more information.
ModeratorA dream. Do you have one that has cursed you like that? Or maybe... a wish?
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9829 Posts
February 24 2014 19:38 GMT
#3822
On February 25 2014 04:12 Fazers wrote:
That's the thing though...do I breed a 30 IV stat purely through randomization? Furthermore, is there a way to check the exact IV stats to know whether I got 30 IV in one of my mons without the Instacheck now? I don't know how this can be done, unless you tediously go to the Hidden Power guy to check if the pokemon you want to teach a certain HP is eligible to learn it.

That's exactly how you do it, and then you go to battle institute to check and make sure its a 30 in the stats you want and not a 2.
boomer hands
Kmatt
Profile Joined July 2011
United States1019 Posts
February 24 2014 21:51 GMT
#3823
There's also a guy in Anistar (the person who gave you the Hidden Power TM) who will tell you directly what type Hidden Power a pokemon can use. Granted, I don't think he mentions attack power, but if you can keep track of most of the 31s, then it should be a reliable 70 power.
We CAN have nice things
ghost_403
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1825 Posts
February 24 2014 23:13 GMT
#3824
On February 25 2014 06:51 Kmatt wrote:
There's also a guy in Anistar (the person who gave you the Hidden Power TM) who will tell you directly what type Hidden Power a pokemon can use. Granted, I don't think he mentions attack power, but if you can keep track of most of the 31s, then it should be a reliable 70 power.


Attack power went the way of the dodo. It's always 70 now, babeh.
They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding. Step aside, REAL SCIENCE coming through.
MoonBear
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Straight outta Johto18973 Posts
February 24 2014 23:21 GMT
#3825
On February 25 2014 08:13 ghost_403 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2014 06:51 Kmatt wrote:
There's also a guy in Anistar (the person who gave you the Hidden Power TM) who will tell you directly what type Hidden Power a pokemon can use. Granted, I don't think he mentions attack power, but if you can keep track of most of the 31s, then it should be a reliable 70 power.


Attack power went the way of the dodo. It's always 70 now, babeh.

Nope. Got nerfed to an always 60. ggnore
ModeratorA dream. Do you have one that has cursed you like that? Or maybe... a wish?
ghost_403
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1825 Posts
February 24 2014 23:37 GMT
#3826
60? Tears.
They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding. Step aside, REAL SCIENCE coming through.
Dismay
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1180 Posts
February 25 2014 01:40 GMT
#3827
Where should I start for building a moody Bibarel? I don't do much online battling but I feel like being obnoxious.
In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
rebdomine
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
6040 Posts
February 25 2014 02:18 GMT
#3828
On February 25 2014 08:37 ghost_403 wrote:
60? Tears.


This just means you can use Technician Roserade without sacrificing IVs!
"Just because you are correct doesn't mean you are right!"
RuskiPanda
Profile Joined December 2011
United States2906 Posts
February 25 2014 02:30 GMT
#3829
On February 25 2014 10:40 Dismay wrote:
Where should I start for building a moody Bibarel? I don't do much online battling but I feel like being obnoxious.

Get a friend safari with one in it, catch one that has moody, breed for IVs. Alternatively trade for one.
Antylamon
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1981 Posts
February 25 2014 20:07 GMT
#3830
On February 25 2014 11:30 RuskiPanda wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2014 10:40 Dismay wrote:
Where should I start for building a moody Bibarel? I don't do much online battling but I feel like being obnoxious.

Get a friend safari with one in it, catch one that has moody, breed for IVs. Alternatively trade for one.

I think he means moveset and EVs
ghost_403
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1825 Posts
February 27 2014 02:27 GMT
#3831
@FlyingSheeP

Got a new HP Magnemite. Wanna guess what the attack is? + Show Spoiler +
2 :}
They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding. Step aside, REAL SCIENCE coming through.
Antylamon
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1981 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-27 02:37:25
February 27 2014 02:37 GMT
#3832
On February 27 2014 11:27 ghost_403 wrote:
@FlyingSheeP

Got a new HP Magnemite. Wanna guess what the attack is? + Show Spoiler +
2 :}

Ooh, so close yet so far to 0
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-27 02:46:35
February 27 2014 02:44 GMT
#3833
For the record, starting on March 1, if you buy/register a 3DS/2DS and one of 6 select games, you get Pokemon X or Y for free.
http://club2.nintendo.com/3ds-pokemon-promo/

I was gonna do this with Mario Kart, but the Target 2DS + Pokemon X bundle was $120 (the same price as a 2DS with no game) so I just got that instead

Also, despite me owning the current gen game, I'm not gonna bother RNG abusing this shit, I did it back in HeartGold and I'm over it now.
FlyingSheeP
Profile Joined March 2011
China45 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-27 06:09:33
February 27 2014 06:05 GMT
#3834
[image loading]
On February 27 2014 11:27 ghost_403 wrote:
@FlyingSheeP

Got a new HP Magnemite. Wanna guess what the attack is? + Show Spoiler +
2 :}

Grats, I got a 4 one
Thunderbolt+Flashcannon+hidden power+sunny day/magnet rise
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa~
ghost_403
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1825 Posts
February 27 2014 13:27 GMT
#3835
On February 27 2014 15:05 FlyingSheeP wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
On February 27 2014 11:27 ghost_403 wrote:
@FlyingSheeP

Got a new HP Magnemite. Wanna guess what the attack is? + Show Spoiler +
2 :}

Grats, I got a 4 one
Thunderbolt+Flashcannon+hidden power+sunny day/magnet rise

NOT BAD. Not bad at all.
They say great science is built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Aperture, we do all our science from scratch, no hand holding. Step aside, REAL SCIENCE coming through.
FlyingSheeP
Profile Joined March 2011
China45 Posts
February 27 2014 19:17 GMT
#3836
On February 27 2014 22:27 ghost_403 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2014 15:05 FlyingSheeP wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
On February 27 2014 11:27 ghost_403 wrote:
@FlyingSheeP

Got a new HP Magnemite. Wanna guess what the attack is? + Show Spoiler +
2 :}

Grats, I got a 4 one
Thunderbolt+Flashcannon+hidden power+sunny day/magnet rise

NOT BAD. Not bad at all.

All kinds of ferroseed/scizor killer xD
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa~
Vaelone
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Finland4400 Posts
February 27 2014 19:55 GMT
#3837
I just picked up 3DS, Pokemon Y and couple other games (FE: Awakening and Bravely Default). Been like 13 years since my last Pokemon game (Silver) and I'm couple hours in on Y now and it's not tingling my nostalgy senses as much as I was hoping for so far. Guess I still got time to learn to enjoy the game.

I might just be overthinking and ruining my fun that way by using google everytime a Pokemon is trying to evolve or has to forget a move to learn a new one etc...

And theres like 600 Pokemons now that I don't know by name or know their type. I was kind a looking forward to the online matchmaking but now that feels really distant.
deth2munkies
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4051 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-28 13:42:49
February 28 2014 13:40 GMT
#3838
On February 28 2014 04:55 Vaelone wrote:
I just picked up 3DS, Pokemon Y and couple other games (FE: Awakening and Bravely Default). Been like 13 years since my last Pokemon game (Silver) and I'm couple hours in on Y now and it's not tingling my nostalgy senses as much as I was hoping for so far. Guess I still got time to learn to enjoy the game.

I might just be overthinking and ruining my fun that way by using google everytime a Pokemon is trying to evolve or has to forget a move to learn a new one etc...

And theres like 600 Pokemons now that I don't know by name or know their type. I was kind a looking forward to the online matchmaking but now that feels really distant.


I'm playing this one completely cold: not looking anything up till after the elite 4. That's making it more fun for me than min/maxing and RNG abusing HeartGold was.

You can actually look at every move now and it will tell you its power, accuracy, and special effects, which is all you really need to know about it.

On another note, I too just got a 2DS and FE: Awakening, and if you can get past the 6th mission on hard/insane without letting either that mini-mage or troubadour die, you are a better man than I. Been stuck there for hours with bad luck/deficient strategy.
BlitzerSC
Profile Joined May 2011
Italy8800 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-28 14:20:29
February 28 2014 14:16 GMT
#3839
On February 28 2014 22:40 deth2munkies wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 28 2014 04:55 Vaelone wrote:
I just picked up 3DS, Pokemon Y and couple other games (FE: Awakening and Bravely Default). Been like 13 years since my last Pokemon game (Silver) and I'm couple hours in on Y now and it's not tingling my nostalgy senses as much as I was hoping for so far. Guess I still got time to learn to enjoy the game.

I might just be overthinking and ruining my fun that way by using google everytime a Pokemon is trying to evolve or has to forget a move to learn a new one etc...

And theres like 600 Pokemons now that I don't know by name or know their type. I was kind a looking forward to the online matchmaking but now that feels really distant.


I'm playing this one completely cold: not looking anything up till after the elite 4. That's making it more fun for me than min/maxing and RNG abusing HeartGold was.

You can actually look at every move now and it will tell you its power, accuracy, and special effects, which is all you really need to know about it.

On another note, I too just got a 2DS and FE: Awakening, and if you can get past the 6th mission on hard/insane without letting either that mini-mage or troubadour die, you are a better man than I. Been stuck there for hours with bad luck/deficient strategy.


Wait, do you mean chapter 6 or chapter 5 ?

If you mean chapter 5, I saved them this way:
+ Show Spoiler +
I simply used a Rescue staff to teleport them down the hill, you should have one at this point in the game afaik.
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9829 Posts
March 01 2014 15:37 GMT
#3840
+ Show Spoiler +
have ricken pair up with maribelle, go to the edge of the cliff, use rescue, Lissa will always have enough magic to get in range, she can sometimes even reach the event tile.


FE:A is an absolutely incredible game, Priam's paralogue was the most fun I've had in an srpg mission in a while.
boomer hands
Prev 1 190 191 192 193 194 200 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 128
Nathanias 69
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 596
910 24
MaD[AoV]23
Bale 14
League of Legends
JimRising 637
Counter-Strike
Fnx 624
minikerr5
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox509
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4026
Other Games
summit1g8742
C9.Mang0250
shahzam236
Trikslyr33
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV231
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21420
Other Games
• imaqtpie841
• Shiphtur764
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 10m
Patches Events
17h 10m
The PondCast
1d 11h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 23h
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.