• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:11
CEST 23:11
KST 06:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8438 users

EVO 2012 - Page 268

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 266 267 268 269 270 273 Next
Fatmatt2000
Profile Joined January 2006
United States159 Posts
July 09 2012 07:34 GMT
#5341
On July 09 2012 16:28 I_Love_Bacon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2012 16:26 ShoKakuUtena wrote:
On July 09 2012 16:24 Salteador Neo wrote:
On July 09 2012 16:22 ShoKakuUtena wrote:
On July 09 2012 16:16 Salteador Neo wrote:
Oh I see the fighting game community isn't used to get bodied by asians :D Here in the SC world that's nothing new.


FGC actually is pretty used to it. U.S. FGC has not won a main event Street Fighter EVO since early 2000s. (Though I'm not sure if SF2 and SF3 were considered equal.) Most people that watch always expected the Japanese to do well.

Let me rephrase your statement, We're not getting used to getting bodied by Koreans. That's something that's not new in SC, lol


Ah I see, makes more sense. I haven't really followed the FG scene ever, only MvC3 since it came out. So much fun to watch, even better than SC2 imo.


I'm glad you enjoyed MvC3 at least. It kinda sucks for the people that willingly skipped out on MvC3 Top 8 to be greeted by probably the worst Top 8 EVO SF4 had in terms of hype and excitement.


I honestly don't remember the last time I've seen a major with less hype. Maaaaybe the tourney that went Justin #1 and Ricky #2 for Rufus mirror after Justin had already beaten him in winner's final. I think it was the first major right after UMVC3 was released, but I don't remember.



That Justin/Ricky Story happened at like 1/2 the Majors this year.
Quote?
GogoKodo
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Canada1785 Posts
July 09 2012 07:52 GMT
#5342
On July 09 2012 16:04 Quenchiest wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2012 16:03 instantdry wrote:
On July 09 2012 15:57 thrawn2112 wrote:
http://www.twitch.tv/empire_arcadia_tv

holy shit hella salty


so what are they ranting/talking about?


Asians winning tournaments at EVO.

It's EMP though, so most people just watch them rant to laugh because it's fucking hilarious. Don't think of these people as a good representation of the community.

I missed the part about Asians specifically but I agree with some of their talk about MLG. I've found since I've started following fgc forums/streams that people jump on the Esports hate bandwagon really quickly. Generally though you're right about EMP being hilarious.
twitter: @terrancem
Neurosis
Profile Joined October 2010
United States893 Posts
July 09 2012 08:43 GMT
#5343
On July 09 2012 16:26 ShoKakuUtena wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2012 16:24 Salteador Neo wrote:
On July 09 2012 16:22 ShoKakuUtena wrote:
On July 09 2012 16:16 Salteador Neo wrote:
Oh I see the fighting game community isn't used to get bodied by asians :D Here in the SC world that's nothing new.


FGC actually is pretty used to it. U.S. FGC has not won a main event Street Fighter EVO since early 2000s. (Though I'm not sure if SF2 and SF3 were considered equal.) Most people that watch always expected the Japanese to do well.

Let me rephrase your statement, We're not getting used to getting bodied by Koreans. That's something that's not new in SC, lol


Ah I see, makes more sense. I haven't really followed the FG scene ever, only MvC3 since it came out. So much fun to watch, even better than SC2 imo.


I'm glad you enjoyed MvC3 at least. It kinda sucks for the people that willingly skipped out on MvC3 Top 8 to be greeted by probably the worst Top 8 EVO SF4 had in terms of hype and excitement.


The tournament of legends finals made up for it imo. They were incredible.
broz0rs
Profile Joined July 2008
United States2294 Posts
July 09 2012 08:44 GMT
#5344
The stuff that Infiltration was pulling off was some of the absolutely sickest play I have ever seen in SF4. I never seen such annihilation on a big stage like that ever.
Shatter
Profile Joined October 2009
United States1401 Posts
July 09 2012 09:01 GMT
#5345
On July 09 2012 16:29 shindigs wrote:
KoF and MvC3 finals were absolutely mind melting. The games, the storylines, the climax - all too perfect.
KoF was so hype for me and I've never even played KoF 13. I think it had like 80k viewers at one point which is amazing for KoF.
ShoKakuUtena
Profile Joined May 2011
United States304 Posts
July 09 2012 09:26 GMT
#5346
On July 09 2012 18:01 Shatter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2012 16:29 shindigs wrote:
KoF and MvC3 finals were absolutely mind melting. The games, the storylines, the climax - all too perfect.
KoF was so hype for me and I've never even played KoF 13. I think it had like 80k viewers at one point which is amazing for KoF.


KoF almost peaked at 100k viewers. KoF and Marvel were easily the most successful in viewership, wish i could say the same for AE. -_-
世界を革命する力を。
GunPaladin
Profile Joined September 2011
United States1205 Posts
July 09 2012 09:59 GMT
#5347
who won sf4ae?
The doctors gave me 9 months to live, ]BIG[ gave me a life time.
Looms
Profile Joined May 2010
United States4624 Posts
July 09 2012 10:07 GMT
#5348
On July 09 2012 18:59 GunPaladin wrote:
who won sf4ae?


Infil "just going to Raging Demon everyone" Tration
Bunn
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Estonia934 Posts
July 09 2012 10:28 GMT
#5349
Great tournament! First time I've watched a fighting game tourney, and it's more exciting than anything I've seen in sc2 so far.

This made me want to play fighting games, but then I realised i don't have a console. T_T
"There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level." - Bruce Lee
Corvi
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Germany1406 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-09 10:37:34
July 09 2012 10:33 GMT
#5350
kinda sad the evo crowd can barely get hyped for non-american players.

This made me want to play fighting games, but then I realised i don't have a console. T_T


sf4 and sfxtekken are also on pc
Tuthur
Profile Joined July 2010
France985 Posts
July 09 2012 10:49 GMT
#5351
On July 09 2012 19:28 Bunn wrote:
Great tournament! First time I've watched a fighting game tourney, and it's more exciting than anything I've seen in sc2 so far.

This made me want to play fighting games, but then I realised i don't have a console. T_T

SSF4AE is available on Steam for cheap, I have it both on xbox and PC and the PC version is flawless, get it ASAP!
Corrik
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1416 Posts
July 09 2012 10:51 GMT
#5352
Are their vods available? Just got home from work and hoping to watch them. Thanks.
Corvi
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Germany1406 Posts
July 09 2012 10:54 GMT
#5353
On July 09 2012 19:51 Corrik wrote:
Are their vods available? Just got home from work and hoping to watch them. Thanks.




check youtube yourself for the other games.
ToT)OjKa(
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Korea (South)2437 Posts
July 09 2012 10:59 GMT
#5354
So what games were the winners in evo?

SF5, KoF and MvC3?

maybe even a little MK
OjKa OjKa OjKa!
hewley
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany1063 Posts
July 09 2012 11:02 GMT
#5355
Did they break 100k viewers in the end?
And salty Sundance, that what you get if you don't understand the fgc :D:
Esports bubble pop, bubble pop
Silentness
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States2821 Posts
July 09 2012 11:04 GMT
#5356
On July 09 2012 15:52 thrawn2112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2012 15:50 johnnywup wrote:
as a person who had watched like 2 professional FG matches before EVO:

holy shit, what a great way to spend my days. buncha great games (though not the AE finals). wow, so much more respect for FG and FGC now


you should find a local tournament, you won't be able to handle the hype


I remember at one small tournament, one of the guys had picked up a stool and was going to hit another guy over a game. Shit was hilarious... Fighting Game hype indeed!
GL HF... YOLO..lololollol.
Rybka
Profile Joined March 2010
United States836 Posts
July 09 2012 11:10 GMT
#5357
On July 09 2012 19:33 Corvi wrote:
kinda sad the evo crowd can barely get hyped for non-american players.


WTF are you talking about? Daigo, Gamerbee, Mago... there was no hype during the SSFIVAE Finals because a blowout isn't fun to watch.
"I like winter, you can put a beer outside of the window and come back later to have it nice and cold. But in Belgium, it'd better be the 3rd floor window." -Rowa
Silentness
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States2821 Posts
July 09 2012 11:14 GMT
#5358
On July 09 2012 20:10 Rybka wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2012 19:33 Corvi wrote:
kinda sad the evo crowd can barely get hyped for non-american players.


WTF are you talking about? Daigo, Gamerbee, Mago... there was no hype during the SSFIVAE Finals because a blowout isn't fun to watch.


lol I watched the GF vid of Infiltration with Akuma... yep still the same Akuma that raped me when I played in Korea from 07-09.

His vanilla Akuma at the Korean arcades was just as nasty. He bodied people at the arcades...
GL HF... YOLO..lololollol.
Rybka
Profile Joined March 2010
United States836 Posts
July 09 2012 11:43 GMT
#5359
On July 09 2012 20:14 Silentness wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 09 2012 20:10 Rybka wrote:
On July 09 2012 19:33 Corvi wrote:
kinda sad the evo crowd can barely get hyped for non-american players.


WTF are you talking about? Daigo, Gamerbee, Mago... there was no hype during the SSFIVAE Finals because a blowout isn't fun to watch.


lol I watched the GF vid of Infiltration with Akuma... yep still the same Akuma that raped me when I played in Korea from 07-09.

His vanilla Akuma at the Korean arcades was just as nasty. He bodied people at the arcades...


Woah, you played against Infil in Korea? That's pretty cool

It's just sick how fast his Raging Demon comes out, and how quickly he can react with it. It's like Diago's ultras, they just come out of nowhere and all of the sudden you go from ahead to dead lol. Makes sense though, Diago said awhile back (not sure where) that Akuma, Ryu, and Cammy were the best characters in the game.
"I like winter, you can put a beer outside of the window and come back later to have it nice and cold. But in Belgium, it'd better be the 3rd floor window." -Rowa
Santa Cruz
Profile Joined July 2012
9 Posts
July 09 2012 11:56 GMT
#5360
On July 09 2012 19:28 Bunn wrote:
Great tournament! First time I've watched a fighting game tourney, and it's more exciting than anything I've seen in sc2 so far.

This made me want to play fighting games, but then I realised i don't have a console. T_T


www.romnation.net - you can download all the older King of Fighters games there. I would definitely recommend Garou: Mark of the Wolves. See here:

www.youtube.com/jaimedl
Prev 1 266 267 268 269 270 273 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O107
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason140
BRAT_OK 46
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 937
ZZZero.O 107
Hyun 41
Bale 21
League of Legends
Doublelift3576
JimRising 464
Counter-Strike
Fnx 957
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6279
Other Games
summit1g8460
FrodaN3145
B2W.Neo625
ToD282
KnowMe243
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1499
BasetradeTV280
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 40
• musti20045 20
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• blackmanpl 14
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1369
• Shiphtur224
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 49m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 49m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
13h 49m
Monday Night Weeklies
18h 49m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 13h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.