• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:00
CEST 18:00
KST 01:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7949 users

[TL Battlefield 3] Let's Play~!! - Page 3

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 15 16 17 Next All
Phelix
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
1931 Posts
October 03 2011 10:41 GMT
#41
I would love to join the TL platoon, but I don't plan on playing beta because I don't have my new PC yet. Also, agreed with the poster above involving Origin and its hassles.
Venture Capital is better off spent on lottery tickets rather than investing in E-Sports; you'll get a far better return. The difference is simple: Koreans are tryharding at the game, foreigners are tryharding in real-life.
Cedstick
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Canada3336 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-03 10:48:40
October 03 2011 10:48 GMT
#42
What's that, Osmoses? DICE made a bad interface for a Battlefield game? I'd NEVER believe...
Anyway, I'ma jump on right now!
"What does Rivington do when he's not commentating?" "Drool." ~ Categorist
Jochan
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Poland1730 Posts
October 03 2011 11:22 GMT
#43
On October 03 2011 19:27 Scheefe wrote:
the platoon is full, RAGE

Yes it is, maybe someone should create a second one, or kick inactive members if there are any of course.
"(...)all in the game, yo. All in the game"
ChrisXIV
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Austria3553 Posts
October 03 2011 12:00 GMT
#44
On October 03 2011 20:22 Jochan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 03 2011 19:27 Scheefe wrote:
the platoon is full, RAGE

Yes it is, maybe someone should create a second one, or kick inactive members if there are any of course.


There already is a second one: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2826550451864771878/
"Just stay on 1 base, make a lot of shit, keep attacking. It doesn't work? Keep attacking." -Chill
Broodie
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
Canada832 Posts
October 03 2011 12:05 GMT
#45
has anyone ever worked on a machinima ever?

/ interested in?

I plan on making a dastardly little saga
perhaps tl is the best place to start
SilentLiquid.Broodie - Author of Tango Terminal, Ophilia RE, Cajun Quandary, & The Beneath
Cedstick
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Canada3336 Posts
October 03 2011 12:15 GMT
#46
EIther of those servers up yet? I used the search function in the server browser, but neither showed-up.

I just applied to the Team Liquid Fighting platoon.
"What does Rivington do when he's not commentating?" "Drool." ~ Categorist
Jochan
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Poland1730 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-03 16:12:04
October 03 2011 15:29 GMT
#47
Is there any other way to interact with online platoon members that doesn't involve dragging people to party without their knowledge
"(...)all in the game, yo. All in the game"
krazymunky
Profile Joined June 2008
United States727 Posts
October 03 2011 21:28 GMT
#48
lol tried to join the 2nd platoon.... was denied by Elfnarzo
life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
irninja
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1220 Posts
October 10 2011 13:50 GMT
#49
Update: Nearly everyone in the two Tl groups "Team Liquid" and "Team Liquid Fighting" have been added to reserved slots. Lots of peeps!
www.teamlegacy.net | MMO junkies
znag
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany32 Posts
October 10 2011 14:00 GMT
#50
On September 28 2011 06:42 Senx wrote:
Would be epic if there came up a EU server.. would love to just play with TL people exclusively
[...]
I read some chat about a potential EU server in the other BF3 thread, I do hope it happens.


This.
I am lurking these forums for like ever and would be willing to support the people who wanted to setup a EU server. Would be nice to play Battlefield on a server with good mannered, social people who like to play the game as it is supposed to be played.
irninja
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1220 Posts
October 12 2011 00:21 GMT
#51
On October 10 2011 23:00 znag wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 28 2011 06:42 Senx wrote:
Would be epic if there came up a EU server.. would love to just play with TL people exclusively
[...]
I read some chat about a potential EU server in the other BF3 thread, I do hope it happens.


This.
I am lurking these forums for like ever and would be willing to support the people who wanted to setup a EU server. Would be nice to play Battlefield on a server with good mannered, social people who like to play the game as it is supposed to be played.

I do notice that Tl members tend to work together moreso than the average Joe. Noon or not, at least they have your back most of the time.
www.teamlegacy.net | MMO junkies
Belisarius
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia6233 Posts
October 12 2011 00:49 GMT
#52
On September 28 2011 06:49 Osmoses wrote:
Played it a bit today. Still buggy as all hell, and some of the interface is completely ass backwards. This was how I started playing today:

1. Get Origin client from EA.
2. Install Origin client.
3. Register account. Immediately be told that I am offline and should logout and then login again.
4. Attempt to relog, told my "cache-catalogue" is incorrect, and would I like to set a new one.
5. Default cache catalogue is set. Attempt to select new cache, be told it's already in use.
6. Create new cache folder inside of already existing folder. Success.
7. Type in beta code to get BF beta. Given a missing error message. Not that something was missing, just that the error message itself that was supposed to explain the situation was missing.
8. Try different code. Success.
9. Download BF.
10. Start BF. Or so I thought. What actually happens is Firefox opens with something like a in-browser game menu interface. Who's retarded idea was this? What did I even need the Origin client for then?
11. Download some kind of game plugin for the browser.
12. Click "Quick Match"
13. Get error message that I have the wrong graphics card drivers, but game window opens anyway. Do I have to have firefox open while I play? Who's retarded idea was this?
14. Deploy, get killed while apparently going through some kind of siezure.
15. Realize I should probably set my key bindings, so I tab out to the browser-menu thing. Search but no find. Message friend, asking how to set key bindings.
16. Tab in again, deploy, THEN press escape. Jesus fucking... Goddamnit...
17. So basically I have to idle in the middle of the friggin battlefield in order to be able to escape into the in-game menu and set my keys.
18. Every time I get killed, the menu exits and I have to wait to deploy before I can open it again. MMMMFFFFFPHHH!
19. Attempt to set prone to S. Cannot. Attempt to set jump to mouse2. Cannot. Attempt to set S to anything else, works great. OK.
20. Finally save settings. Game tabs down.
21. Tab back in, get disconnected.
22. Start new game, deploy. Play. Wonder if it's my keyboard that's causing me to be unable to run forward and strafe at the same time.
23. Get killed a bunch of times by guys I don't even see.
24. Run and go crazy with handgun. First kill. That's not supposed to work! oO
25. Get disconnected.
26. Start new game.
27. Play for a bit, disconnected a bunch of times.
28. Recurring "almost falling through world" graphics error.
29. Get fed up, attempt to exit. As I bring up the menu I am killed and the menu exits so that I can kill-cam the guy who offed me.
30. Deploy. Escape. Exit. See you again at launch.


lol.

This is an amazing post, and is almost a step-by-step copy of my beta experience, especially the menu/keybinding. Nothing makes me want to alt-F4 and uninstall a game faster than menu systems like that. I'm currently playing BC2 as a substitute.

Slightly more on topic, are there any AU/Oceania servers yet? Having access to squads filled with TL's demographic sounds like heaven, even if every single person turns out to be as bad as I am.
irninja
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1220 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-23 06:50:15
October 23 2011 06:48 GMT
#53
I can set our server config now, and I'm still torn between whether our server should be hardcore or not. Does anyone know the EXACT differences between the two?
www.teamlegacy.net | MMO junkies
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
October 23 2011 06:52 GMT
#54
Here's our server info if you could replace it.

Name: Toronto | Northern Resistance Mixed Conquest/Rush
Status: Active (upon game release)
Provided by: The Northern Resistance (w/ Torte de Lini)
Server Settings: 32 slots, rush and conquest rotation, not hardcore, public, and ranked
Location: Toronto

Honestly, non-hardcore is already pretty hardcore imo, but I'm noob. Maybe start not hardcore since all the maps will be new and then consider it later :3
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
irninja
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1220 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-23 07:36:55
October 23 2011 07:32 GMT
#55
On October 23 2011 15:52 Torte de Lini wrote:
Here's our server info if you could replace it.

Name: Toronto | Northern Resistance Mixed Conquest/Rush
Status: Active (upon game release)
Provided by: The Northern Resistance (w/ Torte de Lini)
Server Settings: 32 slots, rush and conquest rotation, not hardcore, public, and ranked
Location: Toronto

Honestly, non-hardcore is already pretty hardcore imo, but I'm noob. Maybe start not hardcore since all the maps will be new and then consider it later :3



Done. Your starting non-HC right? I think I will too. It still makes me cringe that shooting someone with a sniper rifle takes more than one shot though.

www.teamlegacy.net | MMO junkies
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
October 23 2011 07:43 GMT
#56
Yep no HC
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Jyvblamo
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Canada13788 Posts
October 23 2011 07:51 GMT
#57
On October 23 2011 16:32 irninja wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2011 15:52 Torte de Lini wrote:
Here's our server info if you could replace it.

Name: Toronto | Northern Resistance Mixed Conquest/Rush
Status: Active (upon game release)
Provided by: The Northern Resistance (w/ Torte de Lini)
Server Settings: 32 slots, rush and conquest rotation, not hardcore, public, and ranked
Location: Toronto

Honestly, non-hardcore is already pretty hardcore imo, but I'm noob. Maybe start not hardcore since all the maps will be new and then consider it later :3



Done. Your starting non-HC right? I think I will too. It still makes me cringe that shooting someone with a sniper rifle takes more than one shot though.


That's why you shoot them in the head.
irninja
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1220 Posts
October 23 2011 08:17 GMT
#58
On October 23 2011 16:51 Jyvblamo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2011 16:32 irninja wrote:
On October 23 2011 15:52 Torte de Lini wrote:
Here's our server info if you could replace it.

Name: Toronto | Northern Resistance Mixed Conquest/Rush
Status: Active (upon game release)
Provided by: The Northern Resistance (w/ Torte de Lini)
Server Settings: 32 slots, rush and conquest rotation, not hardcore, public, and ranked
Location: Toronto

Honestly, non-hardcore is already pretty hardcore imo, but I'm noob. Maybe start not hardcore since all the maps will be new and then consider it later :3



Done. Your starting non-HC right? I think I will too. It still makes me cringe that shooting someone with a sniper rifle takes more than one shot though.


That's why you shoot them in the head.



True. But something tells me if I cap you in the chest from 200 yards away with a .50 cal anti-material rifle, you'd be dead.

In either case, normal mode it is.
www.teamlegacy.net | MMO junkies
TigerKarl
Profile Joined November 2010
1757 Posts
October 23 2011 09:15 GMT
#59
Looking forward to playing with TL members!
I think not picking Hardcore mode is the best for the beginning. Nobody knows how that actually feels, so starting noob friendly is the right thing to do.
irninja
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States1220 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-23 22:45:40
October 23 2011 22:39 GMT
#60
Server variables that can be individually set, whether in hardcore or in normal. I have access to these commands:


vars.serverName controls the name of the server, as seen in the server browser.

vars.gamePassword -if set, players must enter this password when connecting to the server.

vars.friendlyFire –when set, people can inflict damage on others in the same team.

vars.killCam –when set, a killed player gets to see a close-up of his/hers killer for a few seconds.

vars.miniMap –when set, a minimap is available in the bottom-left corner of the screen during play. vars.hud –when set, the hud is present.

vars.crossHair –when set, guns have crosshairs in the center of the screen.

vars.3dSpotting –when set, spotted targets are marked with icons in the 3D world.

vars.miniMapSpotting -when set, spotted targets are marked with icons on the minimap.

vars.3pCam -when set, 3rd person vehicle cameras are enabled.

vars.nameTag –when set, nametags are rendered over players’ heads in the 3D world.

vars.regenerateHealth –when set, health regeneration is enabled.

vars.vehicleSpawnAllowed –when set, vehicles will spawn in-game.

vars.vehicleSpawnDelay –controls the delay between vehicle spawn; specified in percent (100% = normal).

vars.soldierHealth –sets maximum soldier health, specified in percent (0-100%; 100% = normal).

vars.playerRespawnTime –controls player respawn delay; specified in percent (100% = normal).

vars.playerManDownTime -controls player man-down time; specified in percent (100% = normal).

vars.bulletDamage –controls bullet damage; specified in percent (0-100%; 100% = normal).

vars.onlySquadLeaderSpawn –when set, players can only spawn on the squad leader.

vars.roundStartPlayerCount –when the server is in pre-round, it waits for this many players to be present until it proceeds to start the real round.

vars.roundRestartPlayerCount –when a round is going, if the number of players drops under this number, the round will be aborted and the server moves back to pre-round.
www.teamlegacy.net | MMO junkies
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 15 16 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TaKeTV 67
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ByuN 12
RotterdaM 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 4368
Shuttle 1199
Bisu 1136
Stork 541
BeSt 402
EffOrt 363
Mini 354
actioN 285
Rush 265
Horang2 257
[ Show more ]
hero 134
Mind 131
Light 113
910 88
Yoon 88
Zeus 74
Mong 73
Snow 58
Shinee 54
sorry 53
Sea.KH 48
Barracks 45
JYJ 37
Bale 25
Killer 24
Sexy 24
ToSsGirL 23
Terrorterran 23
HiyA 21
yabsab 15
scan(afreeca) 14
zelot 12
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5592
qojqva2822
Dendi1317
Counter-Strike
fl0m3661
Fnx 710
Other Games
singsing2608
TKL 1018
hiko945
ceh9383
Livibee340
XBOCT289
Hui .219
Beastyqt215
Liquid`VortiX193
XaKoH 151
Trikslyr30
Chillindude15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix13
• iopq 11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2790
Other Games
• Shiphtur151
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
7h
Afreeca Starleague
18h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
19h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 8h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.