• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:20
CEST 11:20
KST 18:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9457 users

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Page 935

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 933 934 935 936 937 1121 Next
Zdrastochye
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Ivory Coast6262 Posts
June 05 2015 20:23 GMT
#18681
They were probably cheating.
Hey! How you doin'?
GoShox
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States1845 Posts
June 05 2015 21:35 GMT
#18682
On June 03 2015 02:08 Sableyeah wrote:
You know, I gotta confess, I am DMG but sometimes when I play with my friends I smurf. I keep telling myself that I will handicap myself with either only playing pistols or not going in as point man but that never happens because I hate the fact that I might lose... Or let my friends down. Sorry guys, I smurf ^^


I could easily be in the minority with this but smurfs aren't even close to the problem with matchmaking. If a guy wants to play with his lower-level friend, I don't see a problem with it at all as the better player is going to rank up faster regardless.

Hackers are the problem. If a smurf beats me straight up, that's fine, he's a better player. It sucks but he's gonna be ranked much higher soon so it doesn't really matter. I can handle losing to a better player, but I'm not a fan of losing to someone who cheats.
Zdrastochye
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Ivory Coast6262 Posts
June 05 2015 21:44 GMT
#18683
Now I agree with you, but to play devil's advocate what is the different between a smurf and a cheater on a one single game basis? I'll just create a little example to go along with this because storytelling is easier.

So you queue into a game and there's a guy who pistol aces you. Alright, what a god. He ends up dropping a 50 bomb and you lose 16-2. Well that was depressing, you barely got to play. If he's a smurf, well he'll be in his proper division after he repeats this process for quite a few more games. If he's a hacker he'll proceed to do this for several games before he gets found out and VACed. On a game by game basis there's really not much difference between a smurf playing in a division far lower than his actual skill level and a hacker who's cheating on just about every round. One of them is absolutely deserving of getting his account banned and forced to pay more money if he wants to keep up these shenanigans, while the other could just be playing with some real life friends, or has no friends so he just wants to feel a God complex. Both of them can completely ruin a game for 9 other people, and if this is the problem we're trying to fix then both of them ARE the problem.

Now I don't think of it like that, I think smurfing should be allowed and cheating obviously shouldn't, but I definitely can agree smurfing creates a lot of similar problems that hacking does.
Hey! How you doin'?
RuiBarbO
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
United States1340 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-06 17:29:34
June 06 2015 17:25 GMT
#18684
On June 06 2015 06:44 Zdrastochye wrote:
Now I agree with you, but to play devil's advocate what is the different between a smurf and a cheater on a one single game basis? I'll just create a little example to go along with this because storytelling is easier.

So you queue into a game and there's a guy who pistol aces you. Alright, what a god. He ends up dropping a 50 bomb and you lose 16-2. Well that was depressing, you barely got to play. If he's a smurf, well he'll be in his proper division after he repeats this process for quite a few more games. If he's a hacker he'll proceed to do this for several games before he gets found out and VACed. On a game by game basis there's really not much difference between a smurf playing in a division far lower than his actual skill level and a hacker who's cheating on just about every round. One of them is absolutely deserving of getting his account banned and forced to pay more money if he wants to keep up these shenanigans, while the other could just be playing with some real life friends, or has no friends so he just wants to feel a God complex. Both of them can completely ruin a game for 9 other people, and if this is the problem we're trying to fix then both of them ARE the problem.

Now I don't think of it like that, I think smurfing should be allowed and cheating obviously shouldn't, but I definitely can agree smurfing creates a lot of similar problems that hacking does.


Interesting question for sure. I mean, I've gotten irritated in the past when a smurf/stack of smurfs shows up and the game gets really lopsided, but at the same time, this whole idea that we should have all these boundaries in place to ensure that people only play with people "of their skill level" is kind of a novelty in the grand scheme of things. Maybe it comes from the fact that, thanks to the magic of the internet and automated matchmaking, we don't know who we're playing with, we can't regulate the teams the way we might a pickup game of basketball.

Makes me think back to the ol' BW iCCup system and wonder if that wasn't a better way of doing things.

Edit: not that I have too much experience with that, just thinking about how you could at least see who you were going to play with before you committed to a match.
Can someone please explain/how water falls with no rain?
BreakfastBurrito
Profile Joined November 2011
United States893 Posts
June 06 2015 18:48 GMT
#18685
On June 07 2015 02:25 RuiBarbO wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 06 2015 06:44 Zdrastochye wrote:
Now I agree with you, but to play devil's advocate what is the different between a smurf and a cheater on a one single game basis? I'll just create a little example to go along with this because storytelling is easier.

So you queue into a game and there's a guy who pistol aces you. Alright, what a god. He ends up dropping a 50 bomb and you lose 16-2. Well that was depressing, you barely got to play. If he's a smurf, well he'll be in his proper division after he repeats this process for quite a few more games. If he's a hacker he'll proceed to do this for several games before he gets found out and VACed. On a game by game basis there's really not much difference between a smurf playing in a division far lower than his actual skill level and a hacker who's cheating on just about every round. One of them is absolutely deserving of getting his account banned and forced to pay more money if he wants to keep up these shenanigans, while the other could just be playing with some real life friends, or has no friends so he just wants to feel a God complex. Both of them can completely ruin a game for 9 other people, and if this is the problem we're trying to fix then both of them ARE the problem.

Now I don't think of it like that, I think smurfing should be allowed and cheating obviously shouldn't, but I definitely can agree smurfing creates a lot of similar problems that hacking does.


Interesting question for sure. I mean, I've gotten irritated in the past when a smurf/stack of smurfs shows up and the game gets really lopsided, but at the same time, this whole idea that we should have all these boundaries in place to ensure that people only play with people "of their skill level" is kind of a novelty in the grand scheme of things. Maybe it comes from the fact that, thanks to the magic of the internet and automated matchmaking, we don't know who we're playing with, we can't regulate the teams the way we might a pickup game of basketball.

Makes me think back to the ol' BW iCCup system and wonder if that wasn't a better way of doing things.

Edit: not that I have too much experience with that, just thinking about how you could at least see who you were going to play with before you committed to a match.


Well you could still tank your rating / buy a new account if the MMR (or whatever term would be used) was visible, but I see what you are saying. I personally have less fun, but you're right on with the baseball analogy. They are just better, but it still takes the fun out.
twitch.tv/jaytherey | Yapper891 if you are reading this, PM me. its Twisty.
Rockafellalp
Profile Joined December 2014
Canada356 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-06 23:47:54
June 06 2015 22:55 GMT
#18686
anyone wanna play, LEM

love the game, down 13-2. Go into ct on inferno and comeback to tie
Souma
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
2nd Worst City in CA8938 Posts
June 07 2015 02:11 GMT
#18687
Rockafellalp what's your Steam profile?
Writer
Rockafellalp
Profile Joined December 2014
Canada356 Posts
June 07 2015 04:53 GMT
#18688
shelkelp
Sableyeah
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands2119 Posts
June 07 2015 21:49 GMT
#18689
omg I feel like such a god... yesterday I bet Fnatic over TSM and today I bet TSM over Fnatic :D
BoA | Sunny | HyunA | ChoA | Hyemi // Preoccupied with a single leaf, you won't see the tree. Preoccupied with a single tree and you will miss the entire f0rest - Takuan Soho
xxsaznpride
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States506 Posts
June 08 2015 08:34 GMT
#18690
Had a supposed GE smurf in a ranked game earlier running around 1deaging everyone and everything.

And every chance he got, he'd advertise his boosting business.

And about this: [If a smurf beats me straight up, that's fine, he's a better player. It sucks but he's gonna be ranked much higher soon so it doesn't really matter.] Disagree because he'll get higher than where he wants his smurf to be and just kind of decide to throw games randomly, which becomes an issue for the four on his team when he does. I've seen it happen plenty of times in MM.
“Life is too short to embrace a woman I don’t love. I also think a woman’s life is too short to be embraced by a man she doesn’t love.” | CSGO: Cure Moonlight
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
June 08 2015 21:31 GMT
#18691
Just played with this guy: http://www.gosugamers.net/counterstrike/news/31155-area-vac-banned

Dodgy as fuck to boot.
Useless wet fish.
Headshot
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1656 Posts
June 09 2015 05:19 GMT
#18692
So how much of a disadvantage am I at playing on a 60Hz monitor?
-
xxsaznpride
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States506 Posts
June 09 2015 06:30 GMT
#18693
I've thrown myself at CS pretty hard the last few months, and I'd definitely say that practice is way more important than what monitor I've been using. If you think that playing with double the FPS will help, then hey, yeah, sure, buy yourself a new monitor, but remember that it isn't going to magically make you not suck (assuming you do, but I don't know how good you are).

I say this because I was thinking the same thing and this was the conclusion I came to for myself.
“Life is too short to embrace a woman I don’t love. I also think a woman’s life is too short to be embraced by a man she doesn’t love.” | CSGO: Cure Moonlight
iXphobos
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany1465 Posts
June 09 2015 06:36 GMT
#18694
On June 09 2015 14:19 Headshot wrote:
So how much of a disadvantage am I at playing on a 60Hz monitor?

Unless you're a pro gamer on a world class team there's no disadvantage from playing on 60Hz. Playing on 144 or 120Hz doesn't help you getting better at the game. It just runs smoother on more Hertz. But keep in mind that you're fps have to be at least as high as you're monitors' Hertz to benefit from it.
I actually find 144Hz on Windows and everyday surfing quite more impressive than in CS.
Nimix
Profile Joined October 2011
France1809 Posts
June 09 2015 09:53 GMT
#18695
Dude, I'm at a friends for a while and have to play on a 60hz monitor for the first time for 6 or 7 months, and it feels horrible. It's like I'm playing at 20 fps all the time, except I actually have 250/300. Everything feels clunky and jittery and blurry >.<
You are right in the sense that it doesn't "help someone get better", but it definitely helps you enjoy the game, and it will make getting kills in some situations easier. If you have the money, I'd recommend buying a 144hz monitor (the cheapest benq can be found around 250/300 euros, and are good). You end up forgetting how great it is when you play on it daily, but when you go back to 60hz you realize that it's actually awesome :D
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
June 09 2015 18:54 GMT
#18696
Going from 120/144 to 60 is going to be a mindfuck yeah.

Most reports from people who go from 60 to 120/144 is that the most benefit comes from sudden camera movement (a la flickshots or spins) since the screen wont be blurry and you wont over/under shoot your movement as much as a result and have better aim.

But really they offer just as much improvement as a mechanical keyboard or gaming mouse/mousemat, there are small advantages / benefits sure, but its 90% about the feel of it and there is not a need for them until the absolute highest echelon of play.
Useless wet fish.
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
June 09 2015 18:58 GMT
#18697
I played at a BYOC LAN a month ago, and my teammate next to me had only a 60hz monitor while I had a 144hz. Before the start of the game, I'd take a look around to make sure team was ready, and there was more than 1 time I thought we had to pause cause it looked like my teammate had fps issues =\.
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
las91
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States5080 Posts
June 09 2015 20:07 GMT
#18698
so update now that I've been playing a while:

Competitive experience so far has been pretty good. Yeah there are always random afk/ragers but I've found it's actually a pretty pleasant community so far in my climb. ~30 wins and Gold Nova 2 right now, not sure if that's reasonable or not but it's way more fun than the game I'm actually throwing myself at for climbing.

All in all really fun game, glad I started watching some streams and stuff + bought the game a couple months back ^_^
In Inca we trust
iXphobos
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany1465 Posts
June 09 2015 20:27 GMT
#18699
Upgrading to a 144Hz Monitor is like upgrading to a mechanical keyboard.
You're fine using the "old" one, but once you've switched you never want to go back.
Djzapz
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Canada10681 Posts
June 09 2015 20:57 GMT
#18700
Fnatic vs. Nv showmatch and both teams are fucking around... especially NBK is not giving a single fuck. I think the idea of a showmatch is people want to watch teams doing their best but they're really not... JW straight up rushed through a smoke with his awp against 2 pistols on overpass while his team was up 1 player in 5v4.

It was funny at first seeing them players being overly aggressive for show but when NBK bought a Negev on round 3 or 4 it got pretty fucking dumb, especially since they lost.
"My incompetence with power tools had been increasing exponentially over the course of 20 years spent inhaling experimental oven cleaners"
Prev 1 933 934 935 936 937 1121 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 40m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 1205
Hyun 568
firebathero 541
Hyuk 398
BeSt 329
Jaedong 269
Mong 268
Soma 189
Shine 86
PianO 82
[ Show more ]
Sexy 62
910 50
Mind 48
sSak 41
Hm[arnc] 35
Shinee 30
ZergMaN 26
Bale 25
yabsab 20
HiyA 19
Sharp 15
sorry 12
ZerO 11
Noble 10
Stork 7
Terrorterran 4
Dota 2
XcaliburYe0
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss1226
olofmeister1178
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King351
Other Games
gofns31658
summit1g7849
ceh9615
KnowMe126
Pyrionflax93
Livibee44
Trikslyr26
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick476
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos973
• Stunt381
Other Games
• Shiphtur439
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
1h 40m
Patches Events
6h 40m
The PondCast
1d
INu's Battles
1d 1h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.