• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:11
CEST 22:11
KST 05:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7776 users

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive - Page 928

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 926 927 928 929 930 1121 Next
Nimix
Profile Joined October 2011
France1809 Posts
May 24 2015 20:04 GMT
#18541
Every rank is hard for people who belong to it lol, it's subjective wtf.
Rockafellalp
Profile Joined December 2014
Canada356 Posts
May 24 2015 20:30 GMT
#18542
On May 24 2015 14:37 MooMooMugi wrote:
At what rank are you to say AK is easy for you? LE+ ?



Lem. I really want to hit supreme soon though.
porkRaven
Profile Joined December 2010
United States953 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-25 03:09:54
May 25 2015 03:01 GMT
#18543
Everytime I play mm I have another reason not to. One day I will learn. My performance on Linux mint sucks too ;(
SHOUTOUTS TO Aylear!!!
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
May 25 2015 05:40 GMT
#18544
On May 25 2015 12:01 SwatRaven wrote:
Everytime I play mm I have another reason not to. One day I will learn. My performance on Linux mint sucks too ;(


just install gentoo
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
May 25 2015 07:59 GMT
#18545
So, what's this scandal about ESEA I see many people referring to, but can't find any info anywhere?
LiquipediaWanderer
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-25 08:07:42
May 25 2015 08:05 GMT
#18546
basically it started with this: https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/36gbls/new_esea_client_update_allows_esea_client_to/

and then yesterday, they uploaded a "funny" advert where they compare esea to competitors, and use a person with downs syndrome as an analogy
https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/372h4c/esea_uploaded_this_video_today/

this isnt the first time esea has courted controversy tho, a while ago their client had hidden bitcoin mining software too, but the community seemed to have forgiven them for it
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-25 08:09:43
May 25 2015 08:08 GMT
#18547
I should check reddit a bit more, even though I don't like it.

So, uh, okay. Yeah, pretty dumb for the ad, outright unacceptable for the rest.

Well, I was actually wondering about these services, guess I'll stay far from ESEA.
LiquipediaWanderer
Capped
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom7236 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-25 08:12:47
May 25 2015 08:12 GMT
#18548
On May 25 2015 16:59 Ragnarork wrote:
So, what's this scandal about ESEA I see many people referring to, but can't find any info anywhere?


1) They released an update that installed a kernal driver that continues to run 24/7, even when the client isnt running. This driver has unrestricted access to all of your computers files and folders, it can see everything. The only way to stop this driver from running is to uninstall the client through manually purging files in hidden folders (as uninstalling the client itself doesnt always remove it.)

Why this driver needs to be running when you are not playing csgo / esea is beyond everyone. Why it needs such intrusive access is beyond everyone, since scanning for 3rd party software is one thing and having access to your word docs is another.

2) After everyone got good and riled up about this incident, ESEA released a video comparing itself to a backflipping fit young dude and its competition (FACEit, CEVO) to a guy with downs syndrome. They portrayed people with downs as something inferior and "bad".

1+2 = shitstorm.

Fuckin' sniped
Useless wet fish.
ahswtini
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Northern Ireland22213 Posts
May 25 2015 08:18 GMT
#18549
i feel bad now cuz you actually explained instead of just posting links
"As I've said, balance isn't about strategies or counters, it's about probability and statistics." - paralleluniverse
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-25 08:44:19
May 25 2015 08:43 GMT
#18550
Thanks Capped

Yeah, this always-running-in-the-background kernel driver is nuts... Should only run during the games, and be only allowed to analyze the currently running processes (and even that is questionable, though necessary IMO for anti-cheat).
LiquipediaWanderer
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8710 Posts
May 25 2015 09:39 GMT
#18551
On May 25 2015 05:04 Nimix wrote:
Every rank is hard for people who belong to it lol, it's subjective wtf.


In my entire life of CS:GO it has never been hard to get kills except on those days where my aim is complete shit and I can't seem to hit anything. However, on those days it feels impossible to kill anything, even bots so yeah... That being said, I'm fairly low ranked (nova 3 atm.) so that might play into it.
Kamari
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden87 Posts
May 25 2015 10:12 GMT
#18552
On May 25 2015 18:39 Miragee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2015 05:04 Nimix wrote:
Every rank is hard for people who belong to it lol, it's subjective wtf.


In my entire life of CS:GO it has never been hard to get kills except on those days where my aim is complete shit and I can't seem to hit anything. However, on those days it feels impossible to kill anything, even bots so yeah... That being said, I'm fairly low ranked (nova 3 atm.) so that might play into it.

I have no idea why but I can play DM and do fine on either community or valve's servers. But as soon as I enter a regular game I can't hit the broad side of a barn from the inside it seems. This is something that's been happening for some weeks now. :/
Nagisama
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada4481 Posts
May 25 2015 10:18 GMT
#18553
Could be due to slight hesitation in regular games as you only have 1 life, where as DM's don't have that much consequences for dying. Just be more confident!
Calendar"Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; Everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob." | Elem: "nagi is actually really smart"
Nimix
Profile Joined October 2011
France1809 Posts
May 25 2015 11:15 GMT
#18554
It's much harder to be "in the zone" in a regular game when you have a fair part of thinking and waiting, than in deathmatch where you're just running around rampaging. It's a very common issue, but you'll eventually get used to competitive games and your aim will come closer to your deathmatch standard!
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8710 Posts
May 25 2015 11:29 GMT
#18555
On May 25 2015 20:15 Nimix wrote:
It's much harder to be "in the zone" in a regular game when you have a fair part of thinking and waiting, than in deathmatch where you're just running around rampaging. It's a very common issue, but you'll eventually get used to competitive games and your aim will come closer to your deathmatch standard!


Agreed. In death match you will do well if you run&gun and spray wildly but in MM you have to be patient, hold/peak angles, read position etc. I mean I have fresh memory of a round of DM with a friend where I just jerked around with a P90. It was literally just me never stop running and holding down the fire-button as soon as I spotted an enemy, didn't matter how far away. I went 44-8 in that game, it was ridiculous. If I had done the same thing in MM I would have gone negative for sure. I like playing death match to warm up a bit but that's it.
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-05-25 11:32:57
May 25 2015 11:32 GMT
#18556
I usually like to train on training_aim_csgo with 100 targets, delay 0.25, uptime 0.50, and that's good I think for flickshots. One could maybe use very long delays and short uptime to simulate the wait of a regular game

In fact, I'll actually check that when I'll get home, but I think the delay option doesn't go high enough...
LiquipediaWanderer
RuiBarbO
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
United States1340 Posts
May 25 2015 15:06 GMT
#18557
On May 25 2015 19:12 Kamari wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 25 2015 18:39 Miragee wrote:
On May 25 2015 05:04 Nimix wrote:
Every rank is hard for people who belong to it lol, it's subjective wtf.


In my entire life of CS:GO it has never been hard to get kills except on those days where my aim is complete shit and I can't seem to hit anything. However, on those days it feels impossible to kill anything, even bots so yeah... That being said, I'm fairly low ranked (nova 3 atm.) so that might play into it.

I have no idea why but I can play DM and do fine on either community or valve's servers. But as soon as I enter a regular game I can't hit the broad side of a barn from the inside it seems. This is something that's been happening for some weeks now. :/


I used to have the same issue, where I could get a ridiculous kdr in DM and then when I switched to comp I kept losing duels. What I started doing is spending my DM warmup games standing still and just practicing my crosshair movement---I'd pick two points on my screen and try to move as steadily and accurately between them as possible. Close together, far apart, 180 turns, etc. Between that and trying to land headshots on all the bad guys who wandered into my field of view, I think I got a lot better, even though my DM kdr isn't always that impressive.
Can someone please explain/how water falls with no rain?
Nimix
Profile Joined October 2011
France1809 Posts
May 25 2015 17:21 GMT
#18558
Focusing on crosshair placement and trying to at least peek angles like you would in a competitive game is the best way to train in deathmatch in my opinion. Focusing on flickshots or just running around doesn't help you much; it's fun and I love to try stupid stuff in deathmatch (i.e. running around with an awp trying to get the stupidest flicks possible), but you can also use it to learn really valuable things for competitive if you focus on the right aspects. Learning to keep your focus level high in a competitive game can pretty much only be learnt by playing competitive though. I still have issues staying focus more than two games in a row, my aim gets really sloppy after that usually.
Censured
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic1061 Posts
May 25 2015 19:17 GMT
#18559
On May 25 2015 20:32 Ragnarork wrote:
I usually like to train on training_aim_csgo with 100 targets, delay 0.25, uptime 0.50, and that's good I think for flickshots. One could maybe use very long delays and short uptime to simulate the wait of a regular game

In fact, I'll actually check that when I'll get home, but I think the delay option doesn't go high enough...

I like to do the exact same, in fact I've seen Friberg practice with these exact settings. What is your usual score? I am lucky if I hit 50-55. Friberg on stream said he usually gets 85-95.
Occupation: Legend
Nimix
Profile Joined October 2011
France1809 Posts
May 25 2015 21:01 GMT
#18560
my best was around 80 but it's really hard to get it consistently
Prev 1 926 927 928 929 930 1121 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 49m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 85
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15772
Calm 2212
Mini 156
Rush 104
EffOrt 93
Trap 21
Bale 17
scan(afreeca) 17
Dota 2
febbydoto18
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
fl0m5624
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King63
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4884
Liquid`Hasu634
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1836
Beastyqt726
RotterdaM574
B2W.Neo536
shahzam350
C9.Mang0282
crisheroes183
IndyStarCraft 181
QueenE99
Trikslyr94
ToD77
Dewaltoss58
UpATreeSC58
ZombieGrub34
JuggernautJason21
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
Other Games
Algost 4
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 28
• Michael_bg 14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade974
Other Games
• imaqtpie992
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
13h 49m
INu's Battles
14h 49m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
16h 49m
OSC
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 2h
OSC
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.