• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:16
CEST 23:16
KST 06:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8722 users

Path of Exile - Page 4

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 1757 1758 1759 Next
Guild invites: Message any of EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD in game
OR
post your character name in the thread and ask for an invite
Private league ladder (finished): https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends
Harris1st
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany7421 Posts
August 05 2011 10:00 GMT
#61
Just signed up

Looks like a nice game, nice grapics.
seems like Diablo 2.5, somewhere in the middle of D2 and D3

If it's not that good i just use it to get more hyped for D3 and to get in some Hack n Slash Mood

Go Serral! GG EZ for Ence. Flashbang dance FTW
Scheefe
Profile Joined May 2010
Netherlands226 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-05 10:14:01
August 05 2011 10:12 GMT
#62
I think it looks better then d3, I havent seen any gore in d3 like it was in d2 with chained naked bodies and bodys split apart with intestines coming out blood trails n shit. All the gore ive seen in diablo 3 is the blood effect when you hit someone but thats it.

This is what diablo was for me: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=143322
All that dark scenery and shits. I havent seen any of that in d3 gameplay vids/screenshots

If anyone has seen screenshots / vids with the gore like in the linked thread, please direct me to that.
Your hero is standing at a bad posistion and deserved to die.
derElbe
Profile Joined February 2009
Germany571 Posts
August 05 2011 10:43 GMT
#63
On August 05 2011 19:00 Harris1st wrote:
Just signed up

Looks like a nice game, nice grapics.
seems like Diablo 2.5, somewhere in the middle of D2 and D3

If it's not that good i just use it to get more hyped for D3 and to get in some Hack n Slash Mood



agreed,

though it looks like the camera is very close to the player.
i am hoping on getting a beta key
Hoejja - Bisu - Leenock - TLO
Birdie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
New Zealand4438 Posts
August 05 2011 10:47 GMT
#64
On August 05 2011 18:11 NikonTC wrote:
Looks pretty. I don't like the fact that they have literally lifted everything from d2 and plonked it in a better graphics engine though. As much as I love D2, and as fun as it is to play, there are several systems in that game (pot spam, for example) that are just outdated and silly, and only get put in for nostalgia's sake or because "we've always done it this way".

One of the things that made me most excited about D3 was when I saw that Blizzard wasn't pussying out and trying to make some D2 clone with better graphics, they're actually intent on improving the franchise and cutting out the deadwood.

I'd give this game a look if it was released right now, because I have no games to play at all and I'm very bored... sadly it seems like it'll be released around the same time as D3, in which case I can see it getting crushed like so many other indie games..

funny you should mention pot spam...

On the surface it looks like a diablo clone. And let's face it, diablo nailed the ARPG genre and every ARPG will be compared to it from now on. But when you find out more about the game you'll see it keeps the good stuff from diablo, gets rid of the bad, and adds its own spin on things. For example, the skill gem system is very cool. Nothing as good as that in diablo. There are also some cool leagues, and GGG have said they plan on keeping Path of Exile maintained and improved and actively developed for the next 10 (TEN) years at least, which means it'll have a heap more content by the end and it'll keep improving.
Red classic | A butterfly dreamed he was Zhuangzi | 4.5k, heading to 5k as support!
NikonTC
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom418 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-05 11:04:46
August 05 2011 11:03 GMT
#65
On August 05 2011 19:47 zany_001 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 18:11 NikonTC wrote:
Looks pretty. I don't like the fact that they have literally lifted everything from d2 and plonked it in a better graphics engine though. As much as I love D2, and as fun as it is to play, there are several systems in that game (pot spam, for example) that are just outdated and silly, and only get put in for nostalgia's sake or because "we've always done it this way".

One of the things that made me most excited about D3 was when I saw that Blizzard wasn't pussying out and trying to make some D2 clone with better graphics, they're actually intent on improving the franchise and cutting out the deadwood.

I'd give this game a look if it was released right now, because I have no games to play at all and I'm very bored... sadly it seems like it'll be released around the same time as D3, in which case I can see it getting crushed like so many other indie games..

funny you should mention pot spam...

On the surface it looks like a diablo clone. And let's face it, diablo nailed the ARPG genre and every ARPG will be compared to it from now on. But when you find out more about the game you'll see it keeps the good stuff from diablo, gets rid of the bad, and adds its own spin on things. For example, the skill gem system is very cool. Nothing as good as that in diablo. There are also some cool leagues, and GGG have said they plan on keeping Path of Exile maintained and improved and actively developed for the next 10 (TEN) years at least, which means it'll have a heap more content by the end and it'll keep improving.


See to me that sounds like they've taken the worst part of pots (a spammable button to stay alive) and combined it with an annoying "one up" system. (must find best unique pots or you are gimped). But I'll admit I am supremely biased against the whole belt and pot spam system in general. Every game that I've played that's had a pot system (diablo 1/2, legend of mir, titan quest) it's just been a major embuggerance that broke the pacing of the game for me.

I just feel that D3's "power up" system is smoother, and much more suited to an "action hack'n'slash" genre where the emphasis is on keeping momentum and pacing high. To me, pots are a relic of old RPGs, they were never meant for mass monster slugfests.
"IdrA crushes the marine push, absolutely demolishes this 2 rax play. Would not be suprised to see a GG from IdrA at any moment" Day[9]
Birdie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
New Zealand4438 Posts
August 05 2011 11:12 GMT
#66
Not sure if you read it right, it isn't spammable. You can only have one flask equippe at any one time; this flask has several charges. Once it's out of charges it's done until it's refilled, whether that's by killing monsters or something else. So you can't just spam the heal button while playing. You have to use your heals carefully and plan flasks as part of your build.


must find best unique pots or you are gimped).

same as you must find the best unique weapons and armour or you're gimped, right? Let's remove random drops from ARPGs entirely. Good idea ;0
Red classic | A butterfly dreamed he was Zhuangzi | 4.5k, heading to 5k as support!
NikonTC
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom418 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-05 11:21:51
August 05 2011 11:18 GMT
#67
On August 05 2011 20:12 zany_001 wrote:
Not sure if you read it right, it isn't spammable. You can only have one flask equippe at any one time; this flask has several charges. Once it's out of charges it's done until it's refilled, whether that's by killing monsters or something else. So you can't just spam the heal button while playing. You have to use your heals carefully and plan flasks as part of your build.

Show nested quote +

must find best unique pots or you are gimped).

same as you must find the best unique weapons and armour or you're gimped, right? Let's remove random drops from ARPGs entirely. Good idea ;0


Are you sure? from the videos and screenshots it looks like you have 5 flask slots, rather than just 1. And they have several charges each. My point was you "spam" the key to use the pot to stay alive, whereas in D3, you dont press anything and your key presses are fully focused on dps.

I'm not saying that they should remove random drops either, but there are some aspects where too much randomness and customisation is a bad thing. You know how it goes. Developers always say "our perks/items/runes/etc mean that players can build THOUSANDS of different combinations! and customise their character to be completely unique!" and then 3 days later, the optimal build/spec whatever has been figured out and everyone uses that because it's that or be deliberately underpowered.
"IdrA crushes the marine push, absolutely demolishes this 2 rax play. Would not be suprised to see a GG from IdrA at any moment" Day[9]
Birdie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
New Zealand4438 Posts
August 05 2011 11:27 GMT
#68
I can see where you're coming from, and I guess we'll have to wait and see how it all pans out. Happily the devs listen to their fans so you're welcome to tell them on their forums about it and maybe others agree and the game will get changed for the better.
Red classic | A butterfly dreamed he was Zhuangzi | 4.5k, heading to 5k as support!
papaz
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden4149 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-05 12:36:52
August 05 2011 12:34 GMT
#69
On August 05 2011 20:27 zany_001 wrote:
I can see where you're coming from, and I guess we'll have to wait and see how it all pans out. Happily the devs listen to their fans so you're welcome to tell them on their forums about it and maybe others agree and the game will get changed for the better.


Agree with you.

The devs hangout in the forum and post alot and the dev team for this game is really small so they happily listen to feedback.

I mean you gotta love a game developer which has posted the names of all the developers which also hangs around in the forums:

The developers:
-Chris Wilson
-Jonathan Rogers
-Erik Olofsson
-Brian Weissman
-Harry Monga
-Rhys Abraham
-Dylan Arnold
-Saveun Man
-Elliot Hayward
-Duncan Robertson

They have a suggestions forum where they happily will read suggestions:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/3

They also have a section where the developers start threads in order to get feedback on various game functionality.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/4

I think this is a game with a lot of potential. I mean 10 developers in total working with this with a budget that probably wouldn't cover Blizzards coffe cost. I think the community in a game like this have a lot to say which is the feeling I get from their forums.
Dracolich70
Profile Joined May 2011
Denmark3820 Posts
August 05 2011 13:29 GMT
#70
Looks awesome. I had no knowledge of this game, so thanks for the heads up.
LiangHao
Vandro
Profile Joined March 2010
Netherlands384 Posts
August 05 2011 18:46 GMT
#71
On August 05 2011 17:51 papaz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 16:34 Vandro wrote:
On August 05 2011 15:27 papaz wrote:
If anyone in TL gets into the beta please tell us so we, in this thread, get to ask some questions!


I'm in the Alpha, you can ask me questions and I might answer (I am still bound by NDA). Also, I am really busy with an internship so I might not even answer questions that I can answer (mostly if you can find them in the public forums or dev diary sections).


Oh cool, I didn't realize there was an alpha for people outside the company?

Functionality wise (PvP/PvE leagues/ladder) the game sounds awesome. I've seen the vids on youtube and read the PoE FAQ and taken a glimpse at the Dev Diaries.

Here are some general questions on top of my head:

1. Chat channels/easiness of finding peoeple to do co-op with/play with?
Just the "hangaround" feel and being social in the game I guess. Probably to early to say in Alpha. Bnet in SC2 to me feels lonely. Not that i have a great idea on how chat channels should be organized but still. I know that PvP has matchmaking so I guess you can just hit the button "let me in on the action" and the game finds opponents for you in respective brackets/leagues?.

2. Is leagues similar to SC2 leagues?
That is within a gold league there are many divisions? Or is there a global league?

3. How long is a average PvP 1vs1 battle?
Feels slow, fast or just fine? I guess this is highly subjective but if you could compare to either Diablo 2 dueling or WoW dueling maybe.

4. You overall feeling about the smoothness of the game.
Reason for this is because I played in beta in Warhammer Online. A game, specially an IP I absolutely love. But when I entered beta feeling the clunkiness of the game I knew this game was going nowhere, and I never even bought the game. Combat has to feel smooth.


1) Lots of people play solo at the moment (due to various issues and often not enough people online). People use the global chat to chat with the other online players alot, but this will all change when the beta starts next week I guess

2&3) We have a Hardcore and a normal league at the moment.

Chris posted this:


Cutthroat and the PvP options aren't ready yet. They won't be in the very first version of the Closed Beta, but we will be adding them as soon as they are ready. Simple PvP modes will be added at first, with more complex ones before the Open Beta. The announcement and dev diary describe our intentions because we haven't spoken publicly about PvP before.


4) It's VERY playable for an Alpha, and since the devs change the game weekly it gets better very fast. There are of course things that are not in yet (pvp, most of the lore, trade systems (although a basic one will probably be there before the beta), advanced party systems etc).

When the game gets to OPEN Beta, I think it will be one of the best ARPG's of all time.

On August 05 2011 18:10 Dfgj wrote:
Let's go with something a lot more simple:

A person played D2 and liked it. They want a more refined version of the game, as befits a sequel/successor - would they enjoy this game in your opinion? And if possible, what does it surpass/fall short in?


Short answer: Yes

I think most of the systems they want to implement (or already have implemented) refine certain shortcomings of D2.

For example the flask system is pretty nice. You have to manage your charges pretty tightly or you run out of resources at higher difficulties, you don't need perfect flasks, but you can't just spam spam spam. This system is going to be awesome in PvP, trust me.

Also the currency items are great and have great value from level 1 to level 100. Say I find a magic item with good socket configuration but shitty mods, I will just scourge it back to a white item, increase its quality to 20%, upgrade it to a rare, reroll the rare untill I'm satisfied enough (or run out of currency items). This won't directly converge all items to perfect items, since you still randomly roll the mods, but you know your socket configuration is great so it is often worth it Note that the currency items to make it a rare and reroll the rare are already very rare, and there are currency items that are MEGA rare.

What can be better? At the moment some systems are not in yet and most systems get changed alot (for the better). The game feel right at the moment and I enjoy playing it alot. If there would be one thing I would change it would be that there is FFA looting in all league's. I feel the standard league should have assigned looting and other leagues like the cutthroat league should have FFA looting. I still hope the dev's react to the pretty big lobby for assigned loot
papaz
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden4149 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-05 18:58:13
August 05 2011 18:57 GMT
#72
On August 06 2011 03:46 Vandro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 17:51 papaz wrote:
On August 05 2011 16:34 Vandro wrote:
On August 05 2011 15:27 papaz wrote:
If anyone in TL gets into the beta please tell us so we, in this thread, get to ask some questions!


I'm in the Alpha, you can ask me questions and I might answer (I am still bound by NDA). Also, I am really busy with an internship so I might not even answer questions that I can answer (mostly if you can find them in the public forums or dev diary sections).


Oh cool, I didn't realize there was an alpha for people outside the company?

Functionality wise (PvP/PvE leagues/ladder) the game sounds awesome. I've seen the vids on youtube and read the PoE FAQ and taken a glimpse at the Dev Diaries.

Here are some general questions on top of my head:

1. Chat channels/easiness of finding peoeple to do co-op with/play with?
Just the "hangaround" feel and being social in the game I guess. Probably to early to say in Alpha. Bnet in SC2 to me feels lonely. Not that i have a great idea on how chat channels should be organized but still. I know that PvP has matchmaking so I guess you can just hit the button "let me in on the action" and the game finds opponents for you in respective brackets/leagues?.

2. Is leagues similar to SC2 leagues?
That is within a gold league there are many divisions? Or is there a global league?

3. How long is a average PvP 1vs1 battle?
Feels slow, fast or just fine? I guess this is highly subjective but if you could compare to either Diablo 2 dueling or WoW dueling maybe.

4. You overall feeling about the smoothness of the game.
Reason for this is because I played in beta in Warhammer Online. A game, specially an IP I absolutely love. But when I entered beta feeling the clunkiness of the game I knew this game was going nowhere, and I never even bought the game. Combat has to feel smooth.


1) Lots of people play solo at the moment (due to various issues and often not enough people online). People use the global chat to chat with the other online players alot, but this will all change when the beta starts next week I guess

2&3) We have a Hardcore and a normal league at the moment.

Chris posted this:

Show nested quote +

Cutthroat and the PvP options aren't ready yet. They won't be in the very first version of the Closed Beta, but we will be adding them as soon as they are ready. Simple PvP modes will be added at first, with more complex ones before the Open Beta. The announcement and dev diary describe our intentions because we haven't spoken publicly about PvP before.


4) It's VERY playable for an Alpha, and since the devs change the game weekly it gets better very fast. There are of course things that are not in yet (pvp, most of the lore, trade systems (although a basic one will probably be there before the beta), advanced party systems etc).

When the game gets to OPEN Beta, I think it will be one of the best ARPG's of all time.

Show nested quote +
On August 05 2011 18:10 Dfgj wrote:
Let's go with something a lot more simple:

A person played D2 and liked it. They want a more refined version of the game, as befits a sequel/successor - would they enjoy this game in your opinion? And if possible, what does it surpass/fall short in?


Short answer: Yes

I think most of the systems they want to implement (or already have implemented) refine certain shortcomings of D2.

For example the flask system is pretty nice. You have to manage your charges pretty tightly or you run out of resources at higher difficulties, you don't need perfect flasks, but you can't just spam spam spam. This system is going to be awesome in PvP, trust me.

Also the currency items are great and have great value from level 1 to level 100. Say I find a magic item with good socket configuration but shitty mods, I will just scourge it back to a white item, increase its quality to 20%, upgrade it to a rare, reroll the rare untill I'm satisfied enough (or run out of currency items). This won't directly converge all items to perfect items, since you still randomly roll the mods, but you know your socket configuration is great so it is often worth it Note that the currency items to make it a rare and reroll the rare are already very rare, and there are currency items that are MEGA rare.

What can be better? At the moment some systems are not in yet and most systems get changed alot (for the better). The game feel right at the moment and I enjoy playing it alot. If there would be one thing I would change it would be that there is FFA looting in all league's. I feel the standard league should have assigned looting and other leagues like the cutthroat league should have FFA looting. I still hope the dev's react to the pretty big lobby for assigned loot


Sounds really cool!

Awesome to hear they will have an open beta. Must have missed that too! I'll definetely keep an eye on when that happens and join if I don't make it in closed beta

Playguuu
Profile Joined April 2010
United States926 Posts
August 05 2011 20:12 GMT
#73
Signed up yesterday, should tide me over until at least the d3 beta comes out which I probably won't get into.
I used to be just like you, then I took a sweetroll to the knee.
Bibdy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States3481 Posts
August 05 2011 22:55 GMT
#74
You know it's only a matter of time before purchasable advantages make their way in, right? There just isn't enough demand for cosmetics to keep any F2P game going.
Birdie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
New Zealand4438 Posts
August 05 2011 22:57 GMT
#75
Can anyone who played diablo 2 tell me how runewords compare to path of exile's skill gem system? I've seen people compare it to ff7's materia system but I didn't really play D2 so I don't know much about runewords.


The PoE skill system (graphics and animations are a bit outdated but the skill system is the same)

Bibdy, ever heard of TF2 hats? Notice how TF2 is f2p now? How about league of legends and skins? Never underestimate the vanity of players, or their desire to give money to the devs.
Red classic | A butterfly dreamed he was Zhuangzi | 4.5k, heading to 5k as support!
rebuffering
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada2436 Posts
August 05 2011 23:02 GMT
#76
I think people are forgetting that blizzard has unlimited money, these people do not, and im impressed so far, its hard to compete in the ARPG market when everyones just waiting for D3. I personally dont want to give blizz anymore money, so im hoping this game is everything and more than what we expect. Probly not, but hey, i can dream cant i.
http://www.twitch.tv/rebufferingg
Bibdy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States3481 Posts
August 05 2011 23:03 GMT
#77
On August 06 2011 07:57 zany_001 wrote:
Can anyone who played diablo 2 tell me how runewords compare to path of exile's skill gem system? I've seen people compare it to ff7's materia system but I didn't really play D2 so I don't know much about runewords.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XSA_OSSOlU
The PoE skill system (graphics and animations are a bit outdated but the skill system is the same)

Bibdy, ever heard of TF2 hats? Notice how TF2 is f2p now? How about league of legends and skins? Never underestimate the vanity of players, or their desire to give money to the devs.


Skins aren't the only things you can buy with Riot points. I'm willing to be a lot of money comes from unlocking heroes, because they don't want to wait to have them unlocked. Same thing with TF2. You can purchase more than just hats on the Mann Co. Store.

Believing these games are held up by cosmetics alone is completely unfounded wishful thinking.
Birdie
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
New Zealand4438 Posts
August 05 2011 23:11 GMT
#78
The closest you can get to an ingame advantage with LoL and real money is buying runes when you're l1, which all the other l1'ers don't have. After that you can't pay for power at all. Path of exile won't just be funded by cosmetics, but also things like larger stashes, league entry for custom leagues, extra characters per account, etc. But any real money purchases will NOT give you an in game advantage. And the devs are commited to that business model, and I think it will be successful. Microtransactions are the way of the future, and there are many people on the PoE forums stating they'll be paying a fair amount of money in the store just to support the devs.
Red classic | A butterfly dreamed he was Zhuangzi | 4.5k, heading to 5k as support!
Pufftrees
Profile Joined March 2009
2449 Posts
August 05 2011 23:14 GMT
#79
Can't wait for this beta. There's gona be a lot of haters in this thread simply because its not diablo, but people should open their mind a bit. I prefer Titanquest to Diablo 2 by leaps and bounds, this game should be a lot of fun and hold us over until D3 comes out anyways. If I happen to be chosen for the beta I will be sure to stream all the action for those interested... if not, someone else better stream (assuming they can do it in high quality ).
Chance favors the prepared mind.
Bibdy
Profile Joined March 2010
United States3481 Posts
August 05 2011 23:24 GMT
#80
On August 06 2011 08:11 zany_001 wrote:
The closest you can get to an ingame advantage with LoL and real money is buying runes when you're l1, which all the other l1'ers don't have. After that you can't pay for power at all. Path of exile won't just be funded by cosmetics, but also things like larger stashes, league entry for custom leagues, extra characters per account, etc. But any real money purchases will NOT give you an in game advantage. And the devs are commited to that business model, and I think it will be successful. Microtransactions are the way of the future, and there are many people on the PoE forums stating they'll be paying a fair amount of money in the store just to support the devs.


I just think it was kind of funny that the OP opened with words to the effect of 'unlike everyone else offering a F2P game, these guys will only keep it to cosmetics!', like they're somehow special. I find it more likely that they WANT it to work, but will find, just like every other F2P gaming company, when the defecation hits the ventilation, they'll have to implement a more aggressive purchasing model and will find out that people threatening to quit often talk out of their asses, and purchasable advantages are so, so very much more profitable.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 1757 1758 1759 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 274
Nina 110
SteadfastSC 103
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2422
910 62
Bale 12
Super Smash Bros
PPMD53
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu1087
Other Games
summit1g6774
Grubby2314
shahzam584
ToD226
C9.Mang0189
UpATreeSC55
Liquid`Ken1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 72
• Hupsaiya 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 36
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21063
League of Legends
• TFBlade599
Other Games
• imaqtpie904
• Shiphtur294
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 44m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 44m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
13h 44m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 18h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.