• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:04
CEST 05:04
KST 12:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10343 users

Path of Exile - Page 1626

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1759 Next
Guild invites: Message any of EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD in game
OR
post your character name in the thread and ask for an invite
Private league ladder (finished): https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends
FaCE_1
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Canada6185 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-12-14 12:43:15
December 14 2020 12:42 GMT
#32501
alright, hit lvl90 (~190 dept), done with delving. Will go again in Flashback.

was pretty fun and tough in some part.

n_n
Joni_
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany355 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-12-15 14:11:16
December 15 2020 12:35 GMT
#32502
I'm a bit unsure where to go from here: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.12.5/AAAABAYDAQW1BkAGdwbnBx4I1A6OD8QRlhODE98byB7wH0EfTB9bIuojXyP2JP0mlSoLLEYtxDBxMHwyATY9Nxc5mTpCO3xCLEcGSOVJUUt4TZJRR1MxVUtd8mHiYetiT2KsbIxwUXBSc212b3pTe19-sH_Gg_GJ04w2jX2Nv4_6lPGVLphTnaqgQ6B5oqOkBaQWpvisRrIZsii0xbVIt3W4yrmTwcXC7MMJwzrJBspZzerPetDQ0UXUI9hU2-fdqOdU6Nbr9fDV8PnyHfJ19p_4l_1K_94=?accountName=Joni&realm=pc&characterName=Lhardo

This is the tree of my current Ball Lightning Miner in Delve. Life seems quite low, so I guess my goto would be to spec out of Fangs of the Viper and Resourcefulness, maybe spec out of Arcane Expanse as well and go to the Templar side of the tree via Heart and Soul and Quick Recovery. Another option would be to pick up Thick Skin next, but then I will probably have to travel to the templar side afterwards anyway.

Also just noted I still had that one superfluous Int Node next to the shadow start for some reason, so free Skill point I guess.. :D

So I guess Heart and Soul -> Quick Recovery and Cruel Preparation via Lightning Walker should be fine? Then maybe Discipline and Training? Or am I missing something else worthwhile?


On another note, I found a curse enemies with conductivity on hit ring, so I can get rid of my Storm Brand Hextouch socket group.. Any idea what to use the free slots for? I'm running wave of conviction on catst when damage taken, which doesnt really seem to proc too frequently (after all getting hit in delve really hurts... :>), so maybe I should use some kind of automatic CoC setup with that? How would one go about that? OOS?
Or maybe spec into Whispers of Doom (4-5 points) and use a second curse on the storm brand setup? Elemental Weakness maybe? The defensive options (TC or Enfeeble) certainly dont sound too great, as I mainly use the storm brand setup when facing tankier foes like rares, whereas most of my deaths typically stem from ending up in a situation where there's a lot of enemies and I somehow get sniped from something I didnt realise was a threat, so I wouldnt have used storm brand at that point anyway.


Edit: Realised that going over Annihilation instead of Lightning Walker to Cruel Prep is probably a lot better.
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8708 Posts
December 15 2020 15:39 GMT
#32503
Just had a glance at your tree. You cold pick up the mending wheel for life. I mean, it's right there. Would you want to get something out of the templar area aside from Discipline and Training? If not, I don't think it's worth it. Traveling to Hired Killer may be an option. That way you will get access to a crit wheel as well as a jewel slot if needed. Some more minor things:

1. If you take the int passive above Coldhearted Calculation, you can respec the 2 dex passives between Lethal Assault and Blood Drinker.
2. Take the damage passive to the right of Saboteur instead of the throwing speed one to the left. I think it's better.
3. Same for the large Trap/Mine wheel. You can go for the 2 damage notes instead of the split ones at the top.

I suppose 2+3 are up to your liking though. 1 I don't see the downsides because you have enough dex and just free a skill point.
Joni_
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany355 Posts
December 15 2020 16:48 GMT
#32504
On December 16 2020 00:39 Miragee wrote:
1. If you take the int passive above Coldhearted Calculation, you can respec the 2 dex passives between Lethal Assault and Blood Drinker.

Great spot, thanks.


2. Take the damage passive to the right of Saboteur instead of the throwing speed one to the left. I think it's better.
3. Same for the large Trap/Mine wheel. You can go for the 2 damage notes instead of the split ones at the top.

I guess I just thought "mine throwing speed, thats basically like attack speed! Thats gotta be better, as I cant really get it from anywhere else!", but the diminishing returns of %inc dmg dont matter that much and in Delve throw -> move -> repeat is more prevalent thant actually holding down mine throwing anyway. Thanks :D

As with Melding.. Dunno why I didnt consider it earlier. I think my plan will be Cruel Prep and Melding for now, as it gives me most HP, which feels like the biggest problem right now, as dmg feels decent already and I'm only on a 4link on lvl 18 gems. :D
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8708 Posts
December 16 2020 23:37 GMT
#32505
Yw, sounds like you found a good solution.

I reached lvl 90 by now but only about depth 170 or so. RNG really annoyed me because I got my first quarz flask when I was half way to lvl 87. Vortex feels clunky without phasing, especially when delving. That said, SSF in Delve is actually pretty fun because there are some nice strategies to get some useful gear. For me the league could be a bit longer.

What I found interesting is when you look at the ladder boards, you see that depth 600 seems to be the line where the top players start to die very regularly. Almost nobody in HC pushed past 600 and most of them are dead. In SC people pushed much further but they are all stuck between lvl 90-95. Just had a look at the stream of the first place and he is basically just throwing his body at nodes. Not sure how that is any fun - and from the looks on his face it isn't indeed...
Joni_
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany355 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-12-17 01:30:54
December 17 2020 01:11 GMT
#32506
Reached 170 today and somehow started dying a lot after 160. Guess it finally pays divident that I never found gear with a lot of life and was too stingy just chaos spamming some pieces. 3.8k HP and basically no defensive layers aside from IC and Acro/Phase Acro becomes quite rippy without corpse removal and with oneshots actually happening. :>

Guess I'll do the last two remaining levels tomorrow at like 130-150 or something.
Delve certainly feels like fun as long as you either have more damage than you need or at least corpse clear. But I just cannot for the life of me focus on avoiding all the floor effects once the dynamic resolution downscaling sets in and the screen becomes a pixel clusterfuck. Gotta get better hardware I guess.

Edit: I just fricken dropped a Perandus Manor in this delve league. Never seen one before in all of my PoE seasons. Oh man. No Basalt, Jade or Stibnite Flasks yet, so those are officially rarer. ;>
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
December 18 2020 09:48 GMT
#32507
honestly was not a big fun of endless delve. kinda boring. people really find this more fun than campaign?

granted, I was without quicksilver / diamond / quartz flask but eh
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8708 Posts
December 18 2020 12:58 GMT
#32508
On December 18 2020 18:48 EchelonTee wrote:
honestly was not a big fun of endless delve. kinda boring. people really find this more fun than campaign?

granted, I was without quicksilver / diamond / quartz flask but eh


I'm not sure you can say it's more fun after just one time. Many have played the campaign a few dozen times if not hundreds of times. This can get stale and if you get an entirely different level experience, it will most likely feel better because it's fresh.

I personally found this very refreshing. I wouldn't advocate to replace the story with this but I would like them to do this farily regularly. I also wouldn't mind to have this as an alternative leveling option in the main game. I'm all for alternatives and leave the choice to the players what they want to do. If you want to do the story, do it, if you want to level in delve and skip the story, why not? In the end game we already have a lot of variety. Why not for the leveling progress as well.

I will draw a parallel to Diablo 2 and 3. Diablo 2 you could play the acts or you could skip it all or skip some and do different runs for experience. In Diablo 3 they decided to chain the players to the (awful) story and even forced them to hit certain level caps to continue. Neither of them is perfect, but Diablo 2 is a hell of a lot better in this regard because players get the option to chose what they consider more fun (or less of a chore to get to where they have fun in the game).

Not quite related but I leveled an alt in Heist to experience the story. Means all dialogues and stuff because I hadn't done that since Dominus was added to the game. The char is still stuck in A8 because the story is so fucking bad it's unbelievable. At least now I won't feel bad for skipping the dialogue all the time. But at that point, the "story" is just a different process of leveling and quite similar to delve. The only differences are, that there are set bosses and quest encounters and more tilesets. However, it is similarly linear. One might argue there is even less choices in the story than in Delve.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-12-18 13:58:04
December 18 2020 13:50 GMT
#32509
It was never meant to be more fun than regular PoE for most players, it was a fun event for people that want something refreshing, similar to old races or the battle royale mode. In my opinion it was very fun and refreshingly challenging for some days. And I think many people will agree with that.

As a summoner it was challenging enough so I was happy to not find a quicksilver flask / ms boots as that made the experience a lot easier. However I tried my first champion ground slam meta slave build after that and yeah... for OP builds you would want to find movemenet speed even in Delve. The experience on the later build was so different, once I had 100% impale chance and The Impaler my Call of Steel was one shotting even +10 level rares so I didn't notice when I was underleveled... quite the different and in some ways underwhelming experience.
haitike
Profile Joined June 2009
Spain2744 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-12-18 14:11:01
December 18 2020 14:10 GMT
#32510
I don't know how people did not get a quicksilver. I got several of them. What filter did you use? The Neversink filter by default hides utility flasks after item level 69.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-12-18 14:15:07
December 18 2020 14:14 GMT
#32511
I used a plain regular Neversink filter, but not the version of Neversink . I removed the non existant stuff before Neversink posted his versions. On my champion I found 2 quicksilvers until lvl 70, on my summoner I only found a quartz and 2 jade flasks and maybe some of the resistant flasks until lvl 90, so no granite or basalt as well.
FaCE_1
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Canada6185 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-12-18 14:20:22
December 18 2020 14:14 GMT
#32512
When i started, i got mine at lvl4, i tough we had a free one just like in story mode

Anyway, hope Flashback will be nice!!
n_n
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-12-18 15:25:50
December 18 2020 15:18 GMT
#32513
On December 18 2020 18:48 EchelonTee wrote:
honestly was not a big fun of endless delve. kinda boring. people really find this more fun than campaign?

granted, I was without quicksilver / diamond / quartz flask but eh


The regular game has had years to tune it to be a good experience. The delve experience was missing some key quality of life features, but I'd prefer the delve leveling experience every game as it is far more dynamic. The regular game is just a time waste before you get to maps. Nothing you do really matters except dying if you're playing hardcore. You aren't going to find any important gear unless you're using some very specific unique items. I really enjoy the SSF experience, but playing it in the main game when you have to find trails and can't trade when you need certain maps is just too infuriating imo

I don't see GGG making the switch, but I do hope it integrates features like not running lab four times into the main game.

On December 19 2020 00:21 jeefzors wrote:
Heist going core is threatening to ruin POE for me. The thought of leveling rogues and unveiling crafts every league...


This is the other thing I'd highlight about the normal leveling experience being awful. The game has had so many league add ons that there is just too many things to do. You tend to just skip them while leveling because you'd be over leveled if you did them and the rewards aren't worth it.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
jeefzors
Profile Joined March 2011
United States120 Posts
December 18 2020 15:21 GMT
#32514
Heist going core is threatening to ruin POE for me. The thought of leveling rogues and unveiling crafts every league...
Thanks to denial, I'm immortal. -Fry
Sapaio
Profile Joined October 2017
Denmark2037 Posts
December 18 2020 15:46 GMT
#32515
On December 19 2020 00:21 jeefzors wrote:
Heist going core is threatening to ruin POE for me. The thought of leveling rogues and unveiling crafts every league...


Not sure if you really need to do it. U can probably live without alternative quality jewels or just trade for them.
GO OG
FaCE_1
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Canada6185 Posts
December 18 2020 15:46 GMT
#32516
I don't see a big issue with Hiest. I didn't play it alot, think I did 2-3 grand hiest but it was ok.
n_n
haitike
Profile Joined June 2009
Spain2744 Posts
December 18 2020 15:55 GMT
#32517
On December 19 2020 00:21 jeefzors wrote:
Heist going core is threatening to ruin POE for me. The thought of leveling rogues and unveiling crafts every league...


I will ignore it like I do with Alva temples and sometimes Delve too. I don't think you will need to level rogues if you don't intend to play seriously heist (unveiling otherwise is needed for a lot of builds and you must do it every league).
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-12-18 16:15:56
December 18 2020 16:12 GMT
#32518
Heist after all the bugfixes feels fine to me, it's very rewarding in its current state and you really don't need to do it if you don't like it. If your concern is it's too rewarding to skip right now, then don't fret, GGG usually nerfs league content to the point where it's barely worth doing anymore after going core.

Delve is similar, you can skip it completely if you don't like it. To be honest, same goes for the the Temple.
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
December 18 2020 16:30 GMT
#32519
Wow heist becoming core was very unpopular on reddit huh
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-12-18 17:53:32
December 18 2020 17:53 GMT
#32520
On December 19 2020 01:30 Sn0_Man wrote:
Wow heist becoming core was very unpopular on reddit huh


I think the people are more upset with "very low number of changes" than it going core. At the same time, it's an opt in mechanic so easy to avoid if it is terrible.

Also reddit link for those who don't reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/kf7hjt/any_news_about_heist_going_core/gg6ry0b/?context=10
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Prev 1 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1759 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings133
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta28
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 232
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10723
Terrorterran 9
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1150
NeuroSwarm203
febbydoto20
League of Legends
JimRising 719
Counter-Strike
taco 279
minikerr44
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King284
hungrybox92
Other Games
summit1g9486
Maynarde207
ArmadaUGS42
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick446
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 5
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 180
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo750
• Rush411
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 56m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
7h 56m
Monday Night Weeklies
12h 56m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 20h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.