• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:39
CEST 06:39
KST 13:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11559 users

Path of Exile - Page 1625

Forum Index > General Games
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1759 Next
Guild invites: Message any of EvoSenseOfPride, ScionViableORly, neophyteWham, TheTouchOfGOLD in game
OR
post your character name in the thread and ask for an invite
Private league ladder (finished): https://www.pathofexile.com/private-leagues/league/TeamLiquid and friends
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-12-10 16:08:42
December 10 2020 16:08 GMT
#32481
On December 11 2020 00:25 Miragee wrote:
Mayhem was kind of mixed for me. I died 3 times. First I looked at my second screen while getting caught in a bear trap and jumped by multiple exiles. Second time was just the same but really early on (lvl 10 or so) and the third was silly because I tried to fight Hillock melee at lvl 1 when he had eaten 2 spirits... After that, when I rerolled I first killed all the spirits and gathered their loot, which got me to level 3 and access to better life flasks... Somehow I assumed the first zone would never have spawns but I suppose I was wrong. I only got to level 63 now. Almost forgot to ascend as well. I think I will play some more this evening but I won't get to a high level for sure.

if you want some currency or maps or whatever, I quit at lvl 85 in Mayhem HC and have spare stuff. unless you're ssf
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-12-10 17:56:24
December 10 2020 17:54 GMT
#32482
On December 11 2020 00:59 FaCE_1 wrote:
all the skill jewel are available at lvl 1, regardless of which started you pick. They all cost 1 wisdom scroll and you start with 40

Wrong. Skill gems is what you're thinking of, and those can indeed be bought but aren't all available to use at lvl 1, but at the level at which you usually can use them (for example lvl 38 GMP).

What I was speaking about are the threshold jewels that make for example Freezing Pulse / Frostbolt less shitty, give Ground Slam 50% increased angle etc.
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8708 Posts
December 10 2020 23:00 GMT
#32483
On December 11 2020 01:08 EchelonTee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 11 2020 00:25 Miragee wrote:
Mayhem was kind of mixed for me. I died 3 times. First I looked at my second screen while getting caught in a bear trap and jumped by multiple exiles. Second time was just the same but really early on (lvl 10 or so) and the third was silly because I tried to fight Hillock melee at lvl 1 when he had eaten 2 spirits... After that, when I rerolled I first killed all the spirits and gathered their loot, which got me to level 3 and access to better life flasks... Somehow I assumed the first zone would never have spawns but I suppose I was wrong. I only got to level 63 now. Almost forgot to ascend as well. I think I will play some more this evening but I won't get to a high level for sure.

if you want some currency or maps or whatever, I quit at lvl 85 in Mayhem HC and have spare stuff. unless you're ssf


Ah damn, only read it now just after I decided to not push any further. Thanks for the offer though. I was in trade but played like in SSF...
FaCE_1
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Canada6185 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-12-11 10:59:57
December 11 2020 10:58 GMT
#32484
On December 11 2020 02:54 HolydaKing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 11 2020 00:59 FaCE_1 wrote:
all the skill jewel are available at lvl 1, regardless of which started you pick. They all cost 1 wisdom scroll and you start with 40

Wrong. Skill gems is what you're thinking of, and those can indeed be bought but aren't all available to use at lvl 1, but at the level at which you usually can use them (for example lvl 38 GMP).

What I was speaking about are the threshold jewels that make for example Freezing Pulse / Frostbolt less shitty, give Ground Slam 50% increased angle etc.

hmm maybe I miss understood what they mean by this then
Are gems restricted to class or will they be accessible to all classes?
Lilly Roth sells all purchasable gems from level 1, no matter which class you pick


bu tI get wha tyou mean now by specific gems. (or w/e they are called)
n_n
-Archangel-
Profile Joined May 2010
Croatia7457 Posts
December 11 2020 19:36 GMT
#32485
I want to play endless delve but I don't have a clue what kind of character to play..
Duka08
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
3391 Posts
December 11 2020 23:19 GMT
#32486
Yeah that's where I'm at lol. I'm sure there are lots of "ordinary" builds that are just fine, but I haven't thought very hard about the starter uniques at all, I bet there's way more fun to be had. Might wait out the weekend and see what people come up with
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8708 Posts
December 12 2020 00:19 GMT
#32487
I think you can discard most starter uniques after 1 hour of play. There could be some nice interactions with late game items I think but then you would need the RNG gods on your side. Not really something you want to built on in a 1 week SSF event imho...
EchelonTee
Profile Joined February 2011
United States5262 Posts
December 12 2020 05:17 GMT
#32488
I only played for an hour or two. it's a LOT harder than I expected. Delve mobs are tougher than story mode mobs. Definitely plan a build that is strong early

for the early levels the claw is really nice with life gain on hit + hatred. I used purifying flames for a bit
aka "neophyte". learn lots. dont judge. laugh for no reason. be nice. seek happiness. -D[9]
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8708 Posts
December 12 2020 11:11 GMT
#32489
On December 12 2020 14:17 EchelonTee wrote:
I only played for an hour or two. it's a LOT harder than I expected. Delve mobs are tougher than story mode mobs. Definitely plan a build that is strong early

for the early levels the claw is really nice with life gain on hit + hatred. I used purifying flames for a bit


I know right? Those rare mobs are tanky as hell. Didn't expect that.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
December 12 2020 14:12 GMT
#32490
I leveled as summoner after hitting level 4 (SRS are great) and it was mostly fine onwards, except the rare rhoas with the 4 fires are way too strong if you click them all at the same time. So don't do that!

That being said yes, the start until level 4 was incredibly rough... I chose the wrong strategy trying to use the staff with ground slam, that's a no go (at least as witch). I used Blight with Zombies after that and it was working fine-ish, but the best strategy is definitely Freezing Pulse / Frost Bolt with Elemental Proliferation.

I won't lie there were a lot of rough zones so far, but Necro was a decent choice because of the 30% res Ascendancy thing. But I'm pretty sure Glacial Cascade / Icicle miner would have been a much better choice if you wanna delve fast and deep, but I prefered the lazy summoner playstyle and it's working ok anyway.
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
December 12 2020 14:39 GMT
#32491
Also playing a summoner, but I feel like it is going to collapse at 70 when I get more negative resists. Already struggling in the high 60s although likely a gear issue is I've got no clue what to do. Still using the starting wand/shield. Haven't found a minions gem hat. Vaal Skeletons, Vaal Haste, SRS very strong combo though with infinite souls.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-12-12 14:44:38
December 12 2020 14:41 GMT
#32492
On December 12 2020 23:39 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
Also playing a summoner, but I feel like it is going to collapse at 70 when I get more negative resists. Already struggling in the high 60s although likely a gear issue is I've got no clue what to do. Still using the starting wand/shield. Haven't found a minions gem hat. Vaal Skeletons, Vaal Haste, SRS very strong combo though with infinite souls.

I never had resis issues after lvl 33, I rushed to Sanctuary though which is pretty huge for resistances.

Also I'm using Claw + Shield still as well, Claw is pretty cool for the lvl 20 Hatred without stat req. But I'm gonna replace the Claw soon since I got some Bound Fossils and Fear Essences from 2 Minion nodes in Delve (which didn't drop any good items though, damn it). I'm planning to use the Shield forever, the Block on it is massive.
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
December 12 2020 14:50 GMT
#32493
On December 12 2020 23:41 HolydaKing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2020 23:39 Blitzkrieg0 wrote:
Also playing a summoner, but I feel like it is going to collapse at 70 when I get more negative resists. Already struggling in the high 60s although likely a gear issue is I've got no clue what to do. Still using the starting wand/shield. Haven't found a minions gem hat. Vaal Skeletons, Vaal Haste, SRS very strong combo though with infinite souls.

I never had resis issues after lvl 33, I rushed to Sanctuary though which is pretty huge for resistances.

Also I'm using Claw + Shield still as well, Claw is pretty cool for the lvl 20 Hatred without stat req. But I'm gonna replace the Claw soon since I got some Bound Fossils and Fear Essences from 2 Minion nodes in Delve (which didn't drop any good items though, damn it). I'm planning to use the Shield forever, the Block on it is massive.


I haven't taken sanctuary yet, but I want the block from offering with my merciless lab points. Trying to save my respec points to go CI at some point, but that may be a pipe dream as well.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
December 12 2020 14:57 GMT
#32494
Well I used a very scuffed order, I went Resis -> Offering -> +2 minion at Uber (lvl 75). Made my minions and me more tanky, worked decently but the minions became sort of weak later on since missing the +2 is not so cool. But having them res capped is BIG.
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
December 12 2020 15:14 GMT
#32495
On December 12 2020 23:57 HolydaKing wrote:
Well I used a very scuffed order, I went Resis -> Offering -> +2 minion at Uber (lvl 75). Made my minions and me more tanky, worked decently but the minions became sort of weak later on since missing the +2 is not so cool. But having them res capped is BIG.


I think I needed the +2 because I guessed which gems to use and managed to guess the worst ones. Also didn't look at the claw at all so wasn't using that
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
FaCE_1
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
Canada6185 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-12-12 20:04:48
December 12 2020 20:01 GMT
#32496
currently got to lvl83 with my Bane trickster. Start to run CI now and just put cwtd+immortal call, fell pretty good.

Got a nice +2 aura helm and nice crystal belt.

still looking for a 5L tough T__T
n_n
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8708 Posts
December 12 2020 23:51 GMT
#32497
On December 12 2020 23:12 HolydaKing wrote:
but the best strategy is definitely Freezing Pulse / Frost Bolt with Elemental Proliferation.


Freezing Pulse starts to get a little rough between 10 and 20. Before 10 it was ok, then rare mobs really became more and more of a problem. After that everything began scaling more and more and it has been fine again. Running Vortex+Cold Snap atm. I feel a bit squishy but I'm going to hit the life wheel soon, which is going to help a ton. Damage is good so far. I'm only at level 68 though. Overall I have to say this event is great. Totally different experience of PoE for sure.


On December 12 2020 23:41 HolydaKing wrote:
I'm planning to use the Shield forever, the Block on it is massive.


Yeah, the shield looked good before but actually playing with it... It's so good.
Sn0_Man
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
Tebellong44238 Posts
December 13 2020 00:06 GMT
#32498
On December 13 2020 05:01 FaCE_1 wrote:
currently got to lvl83 with my Bane trickster. Start to run CI now and just put cwtd+immortal call, fell pretty good.

Got a nice +2 aura helm and nice crystal belt.

still looking for a 5L tough T__T

I hit a 5l at like level 65... golden plate (all red sockets) and i need blue/green only
LiquidDota StaffSCIENTISTS BAFFLED | 3275929302
Miragee
Profile Joined December 2009
8708 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-12-13 00:17:51
December 13 2020 00:17 GMT
#32499
On December 13 2020 09:06 Sn0_Man wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2020 05:01 FaCE_1 wrote:
currently got to lvl83 with my Bane trickster. Start to run CI now and just put cwtd+immortal call, fell pretty good.

Got a nice +2 aura helm and nice crystal belt.

still looking for a 5L tough T__T

I hit a 5l at like level 65... golden plate (all red sockets) and i need blue/green only


I got a 5L 2-handed sword! This feels more like what I remembered it to be back in the day. I was very surprised how easy it is now to get a 6L (in the regular game).
Blitzkrieg0
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States13132 Posts
December 13 2020 00:49 GMT
#32500
Got a 6L bow that I can't use obviously. Things starting to slow down at 80 and debating if it is worthwhile to push to 90 or 95. Still pretty strong with just 4L in +2 hat clear wise. My biggest problem is chaos damage, but I still don't have the gear to swap to CI.
I'll always be your shadow and veil your eyes from states of ain soph aur.
Prev 1 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1759 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings130
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 188
NeuroSwarm 176
StarCraft: Brood War
BeSt 177
hero 111
sorry 47
Mind 29
Bale 20
Terrorterran 18
ZergMaN 12
Icarus 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1017
League of Legends
JimRising 717
Counter-Strike
taco 425
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King183
Other Games
summit1g9903
Maynarde198
ArmadaUGS41
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick484
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 7
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH242
• Hupsaiya 131
• practicex 46
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota289
League of Legends
• Rush1268
• Stunt215
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 21m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
6h 21m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 21m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.